Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

a new study bible! posted:

Fultz hit a three

I'm 7000 posts behind on the NBA N/V thread atm. :(

I'm hoping to catch up by Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneTruePecos
Oct 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeCjApy8erc&t=56s

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
The Eagles am I right guys

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
lmao NFC East

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
the giants got fricked whats your guys excuses

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Eagles got screwed on a BS roughing call but also they might be bad.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
all I'm saying is, we were winning with foles

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

king of dumpster

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Doltos posted:

the giants got fricked whats your guys excuses

Jason Garrett sucks dick.

Moreover, WHY PUNT?!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

The Bananana posted:

Unfair because dick sucking usually makes someone happy.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Eagles got owned by a freak fat man TD and a straight up awful roughing call that basically ensured a Viking TD.

https://twitter.com/KevinOnCFB/status/1049051991421452288

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

The Bananana posted:

Moreover, WHY PUNT?!

Garrett was playing for the tie and that's inexcusable as a coach. He's risk adverse to an extreme degree and there are a number of losses that lay directly on his feet.

The other issues are Dak is a bust, they have no WRs, and Zeke's stats are also inflated by a broken play here or there most of his runs end up with nothing.

The texans had to gameplan to shut down Beasley to end the cowboys passing attack and it worked. Cole Beasley is the cowboys #1 WR. :smith:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm ready for a 7-9 division champion

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

shyduck posted:

I'm ready for a 7-9 division champion

How about 7-8-1?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Flikken posted:

How about 7-8-1?
go on

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
eagles made the nfccg at 8-7-1 one year

also the eagles seem...not good this year.

oh well. at least we got a ring.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

These 10 minute OT periods are gonna produce more ties

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

axeil posted:

eagles made the nfccg at 8-7-1 one year

also the eagles seem...not good this year.

oh well. at least we got a ring.

The o line has regressed from last year and most of the offense has been injured. I could see things improving but this definitely feels like a downgraded team from last year.

People are pointing to the phantom roughing the passer but Bailey also cost the Vikings 6 points. This game could've been even worse. Feels like the secondary isn't what it was last year too.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
The offence is the main issue for me, even though Mills is giving up at least one big play per week, the D seems to keeping us in games for the most part. Offence though is poor even though Wentz has played fairly well, he's getting mauled back there behind that line.

Not scored more than 23 points in a game so far this season, all games lost have had just the one score in it.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Eagles have been sloppy as hell, but Carson Wentz still looks like a future Hall of Famer.

But if they lose Thursday to the Giants it's time to panic.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

At least Eli is 100% washed

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Yes, but now they have future HOF QB Odell Beckham jr, so no need to grab a qb with their 1st round pick next year.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I think the loss of Reich and DeFillipo is a much bigger deal than perhaps previously thought. I think Doug is doing the best he can, but I think he gets stuck and needs someone to tell him to stop throwing the ball 1000 times

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
i do not look forward to seeing beckham catch a million quick passes next week

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

shyduck posted:

I think the loss of Reich and DeFillipo is a much bigger deal than perhaps previously thought. I think Doug is doing the best he can, but I think he gets stuck and needs someone to tell him to stop throwing the ball 1000 times

This is what I’m starting to think.

Quiet Feet posted:

Yes, but now they have future HOF QB Odell Beckham jr, so no need to grab a qb with their 1st round pick next year.

The Giants seem clueless and I would not be surprised if they skip out on a QB again after this season.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

shyduck posted:

Definitely. Been saying this as well. You can see the difference in the first preseason game up through yesterday. Christ, Eagles had a 3rd and 1 play at one point and came out in an empty backfield. What the hell?

Also, good to know that sacking/tackling a QB now is roughing the passer.. Jesus, just give them flags.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
https://mobile.twitter.com/RoobNBCS/status/1049251949818916864

This is what happens when receivers can’t get open, the O-line forgets how to block, Smallwood is expected to pick up blitzers, your QB is slower than he used to be, and playcalling is bad.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

Definitely. Been saying this as well. You can see the difference in the first preseason game up through yesterday. Christ, Eagles had a 3rd and 1 play at one point and came out in an empty backfield. What the hell?

tbf, with Wentz if the defense sells out on it being a pass play he can run the ball so maybe it's some kind of fake out.

But yeah, our running game is not half bad but when our defense gives up 17 points in a half we can't really rely on it like we could last year.

We are most likely a 9-7ish team this year. In past years I'd be furious about that but I'm cool with it. poo poo, if the Skins lose tonight we won't have even lost any ground in the division race.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
The Eagles averaged 5+ yards on the ground in that game, yet came away from it so fast and never came back. They need to run the ball more even if they're a bit behind just like Ajayi said.

Overall the Vikings had this game comfortably in hand basically the whole time. Their defense finally showed up a bit and got some stops, and the Eagles defense just couldn't really stop them. The big surprise was the lack of pressure on Cousins, so far this year the Eagles D line is not pressuring and disrupting like they did last year.

The Eagles falling back to earth in terms of red zone conversions, third down conversions and pressure on the quarterback basically explains their struggles right now. For one special season they absolutely owned in those categories, but it wasn't sustainable which is something I was worried about in the offseason. Still, I expect improvement especially in third down and red zone conversions. This is a team that has a chance to heat up going into the second half of the season.

They can still win the division because two of the teams (and maybe three) are pretty much garbage. But so far this isn't the same team as last year.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Eli looked horrible, which is too bad because the rest of the offense was starting to click. Shepard, Beckham and Barkley are a killer combo that many quarterbacks could turn into a high-powered offense. Eli can't do it though. He needs to go after this season imo. Giants defense actually played really well, shut down Cam on the ground and made some awesome pass breakups and interceptions. But it wasn't enough and it won't be until the QB situation is figured out.

As for the Cowboys, all any team has to do is stack the box and stop Zeke. Out of four trips to the one yard line the Texans only got six points, and they still managed to win which is absolutely shameful. The decision to punt at the end of the game was awful and that kind of cowardice deserves a big fat L which is what they got.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Eagles started the season banged up which is not ideal at all

And its only gotten worse

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
The Giants suck and OBJ is a bitch but boy do I like watching Saquon Barkley do his thing. The dude is so much fun.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1049406396033306624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

F U C K

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Torn ACL apparently? That's a huge blow. I guess it's all on Wendell Smallwood's shoulders now (lol)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUCCCKK!!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Time to trade for Bell

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Wasn't Ajayi talking to the media after the game and stuff? I though I remembered him saying that they needed to run the ball more after they lost, was he just not aware that his ACL was torn or did it not happen during the game?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The eagles are imploding in order to make their game against Dallas an even match

saltyslug
Jun 28, 2012

Guess where this lollipop's going?
yikes

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Play posted:

The Eagles falling back to earth in terms of red zone conversions, third down conversions and pressure on the quarterback basically explains their struggles right now. For one special season they absolutely owned in those categories, but it wasn't sustainable which is something I was worried about in the offseason. Still, I expect improvement especially in third down and red zone conversions. This is a team that has a chance to heat up going into the second half of the season.

They can still win the division because two of the teams (and maybe three) are pretty much garbage. But so far this isn't the same team as last year.

You left out pass protection. I know Carson sometimes holds the ball too long but I mainly chalk that up to unreliable targets outside of Ertz. This o-line is getting wrecked though and got old real quick.

EDIT: Aw, gently caress. I've been saying their run/pass ratio is way out of whack and they need to get back to the ground game but loving hell with Ajayi out now. DO they make a move for Leveon Bell? I think that'd be a mistake but he'd fit really well here

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
If you can get Bell for a 2nd and expect to get a 3rd comp pick back next year then he's worth that for a 1 year rental.

I stole this opinion from the Joe Banner interview on The Athletic.