Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

EvilMerlin posted:

Some people like playing Train Simulator and European Truck Simulator... doing mostly the same thing.

loving lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
:negative:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

EvilMerlin posted:

Your history is broken. What the units didn't use and didn't want to use was the hakenkreuz.

Had you actually done some history you would have seen that the Balkenkreuz was in use by mid-April 1918 and order to be on ALL aircraft as soon as possible by order of the Luftstreitkrafte.

dog. the balkenkreuz was used for the last months of WWI (April 1918 to November 1918 to be specific) and then resurrected for the entirety of the Nazi reign (across all major service branches, btw), and then was purposefully replaced with the iron cross with flared arms that had been used prior to the balkenkreuz, because that one wasn't tainted by Nazi poo poo.

What is wrong with your brain?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Daztek posted:

i like that avatar :3:

thanks

p fuckin spooky though

EvilMerlin posted:

Some people like playing Train Simulator and European Truck Simulator... doing mostly the same thing.

answer my dang question!

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

EvilMerlin posted:

Your history is broken. What the units didn't use and didn't want to use was the hakenkreuz.

Had you actually done some history you would have seen that the Balkenkreuz was in use by mid-April 1918 and order to be on ALL aircraft as soon as possible by order of the Luftstreitkrafte.

"Its use resumed, with new standardized dimensions, from the beginning of the Third Reich's Luftwaffe in 1935, as part of the new Wehrmacht unified German military forces founded in mid-March 1935."

Sounds pretty heavily Nazi associated to me.

Anyway I think you can leave now. Much like the German army in ww2 you have lost this posting war.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Beet Goblin posted:

Cut him some slack, he got $5000 in Star Citizen.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Hate to side with Evil Merlin here, but the Balkenkreuz was in use much earlier than 1935.

I’d also hasten to add, that imagery like that used for video game poo poo, does not make one a literal Nazi.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Thank you, Dementropy, for saving us from this interminable "I'm not a Nazi" poo poo by reminding us that Star Citizens are also loving terrible in every other way lol

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Baxta posted:

Who were better in battle, Vikings or Visigoths?

Do you think Samurai were better than the previous two mentioned?

Don't really know. Not really my era of studies or interest. Now if you said 14th and 15th century Europe...

The Samurai really were not common until the later 12th century, so comparing them to either is a bit silly as the Viking era ended in the later 11th century.

Not really a fan of Samurai armour (very encumbering even by the 18th century) or weapons (poor quality steel with a single edge in regards to the sword)

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

EvilMerlin posted:

You seem to care deeply about the Luftwaffe and Hartmann specifically, idolising them really. Would you describe yourself as a sympathiser or more a collaborator for wanting to continue their work?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

EvilMerlin posted:

Don't really know. Not really my era of studies or interest. Now if you said 14th and 15th century Europe...

The Samurai really were not common until the later 12th century, so comparing them to either is a bit silly as the Viking era ended in the later 11th century.

Not really a fan of Samurai armour (very encumbering even by the 18th century) or weapons (poor quality steel with a single edge in regards to the sword)

Your avoidance to my question leads me to believe that you are a cat person.

Which makes you a nazi

Sorry

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Beet Goblin posted:

dog. the balkenkreuz was used for the last months of WWI (April 1918 to November 1918 to be specific) and then resurrected for the entirety of the Nazi reign (across all major service branches, btw), and then was purposefully replaced with the iron cross with flared arms that had been used prior to the balkenkreuz, because that one wasn't tainted by Nazi poo poo.

Uh, I just said that.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

The real question is can you use the lady's jiggle physics large ballast as recoil suppression for anti material rifles while fighting undead. Ultimate realism.

(High School of the Dead is the anime I think. I'll leave the googling to your fingers/imagination)

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Renegret posted:

Which makes you a nazi

Sorry

How can I answer something I don't know the answer to?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Warhawk109 posted:

Hate to side with Evil Merlin here, but the Balkenkreuz was in use much earlier than 1935.

I’d also hasten to add, that imagery like that used for video game poo poo, does not make one a literal Nazi.

There's a big difference. If you're playing a WW2 game and your plane has a big Nazi logo on the side then you're being historically accurate. Fine go for it. If you're playing a space game set in the distant future and you make organisation which name after a Nazi with a big ole Nazi logo on it then questions start to be asked.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

EvilMerlin posted:

How can I answer something I don't know the answer to?

Just pick one!!!!!!

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
beet

I need a dog picture STAT

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Chiwie posted:

"Its use resumed, with new standardized dimensions, from the beginning of the Third Reich's Luftwaffe in 1935, as part of the new Wehrmacht unified German military forces founded in mid-March 1935."

Sounds pretty heavily Nazi associated to me.

Anyway I think you can leave now. Much like the German army in ww2 you have lost this posting war.

I didn't realize this was a war.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Renegret posted:

Which makes you a nazi

Sorry

Woah woah woah.

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Renegret posted:

Just pick one!!!!!!

Uh... OK the Vikings. Later time period. Had access to better armour and weapons.

Twyst
Mar 5, 2005
:O
If you're into guys with high kill counts why don't you use the insignia used by the reigeme that industrialised genocide. Oh wait.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

How about this weather?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Twyst posted:

If you're into guys with high kill counts why don't you use the insignia used by the reigeme that industrialised genocide. Oh wait.

As I was telling Beet, purple and pink was a great color scheme. It was those drat Emperor's Children that ruined it for everybody. We aren't like those guys. No sir.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/KPTHiLB.mp4

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LOL at being the nerd to call a court to get a case update on your favorite imaginary video game

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

How about this weather?

Cloudy, with a chance of Nazi reign!

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Nyast posted:

Wait, is this real ? I thought it was a parody account. Who would post a picture of an aircraft in clouds to promote their face-capture technology ?

Everything CIG does is a parody of the real thing. CIG is a parody of a game development studio, Chris is a parody of a developer, the backers are parodies of men. The Onion is pretty much obsolete at this point.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

EvilMerlin posted:

Uh, I just said that.

your argument centered on the idea that the balkenkreuz isn't primarily associated with the nazis, and in fact it totally, absolutely is. This seems like so much more work than just being like "idk dude I like nazi poo poo"

Renegret posted:

beet

I need a dog picture STAT

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Twyst posted:

There is a huge difference between an A2A kill and you know... genocide right?

And not every A2A kill meant the pilot died. In fact most survived and were fighting the next day.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Beet Goblin posted:

your argument centered on the idea that the balkenkreuz isn't primarily associated with the nazis, and in fact it totally, absolutely is. This seems like so much more work than just being like "idk dude I like nazi poo poo"

He has self owned himself into admitting he knowingly picked a nazi symbol. This could not get any better.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Have you tried your father, or a famous sports player?

I'm taller than he is, and I don't know any sports dudes. Its like, a once a year event for me to see someone actually taller than i am.

Hi post from like, 5 days. ago.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hey, Beet, will you be breaking out The Family for CitCon again?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

that's the good stuff right there

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Is someone going to be streaming CitCon? :pray: I really don't want to have to make a CIG account to watch this trainwreck...

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
i wake up too 200+ posts

i get excited for hilarious content

instead it's you guys arguing with a nazi on whether or not he really believes in the whole nazi mission

don't indulge this rear end in a top hat in his stupid loving game, just call him a loving limp dicked space worm and move on. modern loving fascists are like teenager heavy metal fans, it's narcissism of small differences. they have nothing else about their personality to make them interesting, so this bullshit is all they have.

Twyst
Mar 5, 2005
:O

EvilMerlin posted:

There is a huge difference between an A2A kill and you know... genocide right?

And not every A2A kill meant the pilot died. In fact most survived and were fighting the next day.

Exactly, those are rookie numbers. Go big or go home. You can explain to people you just admire their efficiency.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

IcarusUpHigh posted:

Is someone going to be streaming CitCon? :pray: I really don't want to have to make a CIG account to watch this trainwreck...

Yeah, this needs to be figured out. I'm somewhat curious if you need to "pledge" at least $5 for an account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...
Why's it always gotta be Nazis with Star Citizens?