Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

omg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Picnic Princess posted:

Edmonton is like 3 hours north and didn't get any snow from this storm at all! It's not cold, it was +2. But that means the snow is very wet and heavy. People have been stranded on the highway near Canmore for 7 to 15 hours now. It's chaos!

Typical Onterribleian. Don't know jack poo poo about the other provinces.
Well, it'll probably be a wise idea to bring something warm anyway.
I went to Winterpeg Just after thanksgiving ~ a decade ago, and was all " yeah its still shorts weather here, I'll be fine".

By the time we got to Sault Ste Marie, it was no longer shorts weather...... :suicide:

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Workin on the night crew

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I feel like you need a ceramic pig coffee mug

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Just under an hour for assembly. This $170 Creality prints better than my $1,250 Rostock Max V2 from 2014. What a time to be alive.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

CeramicPig posted:

Workin on the night crew

Nice!

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Goober Peas posted:

I feel like you need a ceramic pig coffee mug

That would be adorable 🐷

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010

CeramicPig posted:

Workin on the night crew

Them wings tho

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Queen Combat posted:

Just under an hour for assembly. This $170 Creality prints better than my $1,250 Rostock Max V2 from 2014. What a time to be alive.

I've got a Tevo Tarantula, a knockoff Chinese printer, and it's been my goto since summer 2016. It ran circles around my old Solidoodle from 2012. How's the print quality?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I've spent the night tuning it up, and it's pretty great. Better dimensional accuracy out of the box than my Rostock was after years of adjustment. For $179, I'm really liking the Ender 3. 8.7x8.7x10 is smaller than the 11" diameter by 14" tall cylinder of the Rostock, but I maybe only ever had three prints that utilized that difference so I think I can deal with it. After some final fine tuning (and some dampers, I had dampers on the Rostock and forgot how loud standard NEMA 17 steppers can be), I think it'll be really great.

Dropped the Rostock on CL for $400, so this is a profit situation for me. Unfortunately I sold my copy of S3D so I have to learn Cura, but acquired skills and stuff.

Queen Combat has a new favorite as of 19:45 on Oct 5, 2018

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

What language was all that?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

LingcodKilla posted:

What language was all that?
Cxu vi ne vidas?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Peeny Cheez posted:

Cxu vi ne vidas?

Wow mi ne pensis pri Esperanto dum longa tempo...

Anyway this is my wine mug for the night

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

It's appropriately cheerful!

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

COOL CORN posted:

This is my whisky mug for the night, because I needed a handle to hold onto after using a ....cup.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
You meant bottle, right?

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

hahaha that is what is next. But already, you know me so well!

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Queen Combat posted:

I've spent the night tuning it up, and it's pretty great. Better dimensional accuracy out of the box than my Rostock was after years of adjustment. For $179, I'm really liking the Ender 3. 8.7x8.7x10 is smaller than the 11" diameter by 14" tall cylinder of the Rostock, but I maybe only ever had three prints that utilized that difference so I think I can deal with it. After some final fine tuning (and some dampers, I had dampers on the Rostock and forgot how loud standard NEMA 17 steppers can be), I think it'll be really great.

Dropped the Rostock on CL for $400, so this is a profit situation for me. Unfortunately I sold my copy of S3D so I have to learn Cura, but acquired skills and stuff.

Nice. That's a good build volume for that much money.

I've always wanted to build a big rostock machine, but there's only like two projects that I'd really need it for.

Since this is the selfie thread, I'll post my upgraded Tarantula printer. I machined a custom baseplate for it, and also swapped out the acrylic pieces for machined alu parts as well. Lastly, I built a case for it and was able to use a giant piece of tinted lexan that I had lying around the shop:

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Not to turn the selfie thread into the holy poo poo coincidence thread, but if that's the MSI GT70 laptop with RGB keys, I had the same one from 2013 until literally two weeks ago. It was also my 3D printing mule, until I accidentally kicked the screen in a freak bed-AC remote-reach disaster.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Queen Combat posted:

Not to turn the selfie thread into the holy poo poo coincidence thread, but if that's the MSI GT70 laptop with RGB keys, I had the same one from 2013 until literally two weeks ago. It was also my 3D printing mule, until I accidentally kicked the screen in a freak bed-AC remote-reach disaster.

Ah, that sucks!

I usually have to buy a new one each year, due to tax reasons. This one has lasted me a couple of years, which is surprising since I tote them everywhere for work. my youngest son got my old one last time : )

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Sorry for derailing the selfie thread. Here's me:

Desmodus rotundus
Sep 15, 2013

HAY GUYS

I got veneers done on my front three teeth this week. I spent basically my entire life since getting my adult teeth in (they had calcium deposits and a weird brown stain since they came in) hating my smile. I am so incredibly happy with how they turned out and can’t stop smiling like a big stupid idiot.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Great smile great eyes.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
That’s so awesome! Congrats. Everything looks great. :D

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010

Desmodus rotundus posted:

I got veneers done on my front three teeth this week. I spent basically my entire life since getting my adult teeth in (they had calcium deposits and a weird brown stain since they came in) hating my smile. I am so incredibly happy with how they turned out and can’t stop smiling like a big stupid idiot.

Nice, they match great!

I have two fake on my front, because my adult incisors never grew in. Had a retainer with fake teeth for 12+ years before I finally got a bridge to replace them.

I cannot express the joy of biting into an apple for the first time in my life with a whole set of teeth, and not having to take out a retainer.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
my teeth are hella hosed and i'll kick any fool who dares complain

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

I’m super glad you posted this cause one of my front teeth is fake (walked into a pole as a kid and the tooth just shattered) and it’s got staining on it and I can see the outer coating is chipping off, so more spotty staining. My dentist mentions veneers to me and my only thought/experience to them were Romeo Rose so I was super against it.
I’m also glad other goons had similar positive experiences that weren’t blinding white horse teeth.

Anyways, here’s me in the tub with a bubble mask on

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Great results, keep on smiling!😁

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

COOL CORN posted:

Teagan posted:

This is my whisky mug for the night, because I needed a handle to hold onto after using a ....cup.

Y'all are adorable.

PurdWerfect
Aug 29, 2000

Digging that we're getting some cooler nights and mornings.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Scathach posted:

Y'all are adorable.

:glomp:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Four of my favorite mugs :glomp:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Chopped the beard off.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Chopped the beard off.

How' lil sammich doing these days?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Hey guys, meet Helios 2.0!

I'm all broken out from stress but yay look! She's not pretty but I have all winter to make her nice. She runs like a dream.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Oh! She's GREAT!

And you look wonderful! :) Your hair is doing so well!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Teagan posted:

Oh! She's GREAT!

And you look wonderful! :) Your hair is doing so well!

I am super excited. Gonna have a lot of sanding and painting and reflooring to do.

And thank you! I'm surprised the dye is holding so well.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

drat! That's my favourite kind of bus!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

It was very grey at the beach today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathslushie
Dec 19, 2006

Did you drink the death slushie? Is that what you did?

I went to a family wedding yesterday.