Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Execute all politicians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Eat the rich. People have all of the nutrients that people need to survive

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Snapped this at the Toyota Museum in Nagoya.

Just what I think about when I think about more power and response.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Lol at people pretending that antifa aka "punching dudes who spout Nazi rhetoric" is in any way near the same league as Nazis themselves. We've got dudes marching in the streets with tiki torches. We've got cars running people over. Even if you contort your brain to argue that they're somehow not connected to the original Nazis (despite spouting the same lines, using the same tactics/arguments, displaying the same symbols, etc) and their literal mass genocide, neo-nazis themselves have a fairly hefty body count.

As for centrism, it's essentially advocating for the status quo. That's fine when things are great and both sides are pushing for "change for change's sake". However, if you haven't noticed, the status quo
is pretty loving poo poo right now, for the vast majority of americans, even the ones who've drunk the kool-aid and don't realize it. Bridges are crumbling, the meager social welfare we have is collapsing (and being assisted by dudes with sledgehammers hacking away at the base), every marginalized group you can name is getting their rights eroded and pushed back down from the meager gains they've gotten over the last decade, and the rich are continuing to amass ever more of the planet's wealth as they destroy it to crank their high score up a bit higher.

Something needs to change if we're gonna survive as a species and as a society; this south-park-rear end "Actually the truth is always in the middle and caring about things is for immature babbies!" poo poo does not fly anymore.

The Door Frame posted:

Eat the rich. People have all of the nutrients that people need to survive

Don't be ridiculous, this won't solve anything.

You gotta throw some citrus in their or you'll contract scurvy.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

quote:

Lol at people pretending that antifa aka "punching dudes who spout Nazi rhetoric" is in any way near the same league as Nazis themselves

People need to pick up a history book. Antifa were literally the first people targeted / killed by the Nazis and thence those that survived know quite drat well you HAVE to fight back as some assholes cant be reasoned with. Anyone with Nazi views is firmly in the "cant be reasoned with" category.

Besides, Captain Amercia punched Adolf Hitler in the face, I cant think of a more proudly freedom fighting thing to do. Punch Nazis 24/7

cakesmith handyman posted:

Execute all politicians.

Guillotine or firing squad?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
ok ok enough politics have some thunderpussy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KTEQMsbZxg

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Alright, youse guys got me looking into it, and through the spectrum quizzes, I have shifted more left, but not extremist. The quiz below labeled me "You are a left moderate social libertarian."

https://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/political-spectrum-quiz.html

Here's where I ended up. Put your ideologies where your typing fingers are.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I don't get a chart to tell me nazis need punching, "be reasonable maybe they have some good points" softies need punching, politicians who are taking apart any progressive or social services need punching, politicians who sit back and don't fight when others tear society down need punching.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Filled it out, looks like my graph is identical to yours. Sup lefty :hfive:

7.12 and 1.77, although looks like the graphic just rounds to the nearest 0.5

Gonna guess most of this forum is going to be in that area, AI doesn't seem like it'd be very conservative.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I don't get a chart to tell me nazis need punching, "be reasonable maybe they have some good points" softies need punching, politicians who are taking apart any progressive or social services need punching, politicians who sit back and don't fight when others tear society down need punching.

It's more complicated than that, though. There are many issues that are not clear cut and, in that, there is variability. If you didn't take the quiz, you should. Maybe it'll surprise you. Maybe it won't.

Bajaha posted:

Filled it out, looks like my graph is identical to yours. Sup lefty :hfive:

7.12 and 1.77, although looks like the graphic just rounds to the nearest 0.5

Gonna guess most of this forum is going to be in that area, AI doesn't seem like it'd be very conservative.

Yep, 6.9 and 1.4. :hf:

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

CommieGIR posted:

That's what station Wagons are for.

He's alive. 8lbs 10 ounces.

Thank goodness we did a pre-emptive c section, he had his cord loosely around his neck.

Congratulations!

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

meatpimp posted:

Alright, youse guys got me looking into it, and through the spectrum quizzes, I have shifted more left, but not extremist. The quiz below labeled me "You are a left moderate social libertarian."

I don't think this is a question of "what are your politics" but an observation that "if you're not terrified you're not paying attention."

Are we to the point of devolving into an authoritarian fascist state? No. I wouldn't even go as far as to say we're balanced at the top of a long, steep slope that ends with as much - awaiting the slightest push for things to go downhill. Yet.

The pieces on the board are only a few moves away from that becoming a reality. If one of the chambers of congress doesn't flip in November and Republicans are given another two years of absolute control of the government they'll only become more drunk with power and emboldened to make their majority permanent - as that will actually be within their grasp. Remember - whatever the SCOTUS says is constitutional is constitutional, and the Republicans just gave themselves a 5-4 rubber stamp for anything that comes before the court for the next 15-20 years.

We may be living through the greatest threat to democracy the US has ever seen. Like I said, if you're not terrified you're not paying attention.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Ha, I'm a centerist. 1.08 left, 1.11 libertarian.

(i knew this without taking the quiz)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Geoj posted:

I don't think this is a question of "what are your politics"

I think it is, now. :D

Goober Peas posted:

Ha, I'm a centerist. 1.08 left, 1.11 libertarian.

(i knew this without taking the quiz)

Oh god, you're literally hitler.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

meatpimp posted:

It's more complicated than that, though. There are many issues that are not clear cut and, in that, there is variability. If you didn't take the quiz, you should. Maybe it'll surprise you. Maybe it won't.

It's about as useful as posting your broadband speed test results. It'll achieve nothing and change nothing. The problems are our governments and the embodiment of extreme greed through capitalism at the expense of literal human life.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

meatpimp posted:

I think it is, now. :D

Oh god, you're literally hitler.

I am blond/blue, but the whole gay thing rules me out.

Not hitler

:haw:

Also

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 8, 2018

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I'm adding you to the punching list. Nothing personal.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Goober Peas posted:

I am blond/blue, but the whole gay thing rules me out.

Not hitler

:haw:

Also

That's some fast broadband. drat.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

It's about as useful as posting your broadband speed test results. It'll achieve nothing and change nothing. The problems are our governments and the embodiment of extreme greed through capitalism at the expense of literal human life.
Sharing of information is never non-helpful.

From the middle class, I resent you 1%ers.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Wrar posted:

That's some fast broadband. drat.

The fiber hut is literally next door.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

8.03/3.4, frankly I'm shocked I'm not more left wing. And presumably that's libertarian and not Libertarian, cause... hoo boy.

Frankly I think it's cause a lot of the questions were phrased as "should the government set standards of moral behavior?" and my knee-jerk reaction is "well, not this fuckin government."

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

meatpimp posted:

left moderate social libertarian.
Left: 6.66, Libertarian: 2.26

As if I'd be something different

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
In the past a lot of those online political alignment quizzes were made by libertarians and the results tended to skew that way, not sure if that's still true.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Fender Anarchist posted:

8.03/3.4, frankly I'm shocked I'm not more left wing. And presumably that's libertarian and not Libertarian, cause... hoo boy.

I interpret "Libertarian" as "Anti-Authoritarian" in this context, not as in the current "Libertarian" party.

StandardVC10 posted:

In the past a lot of those online political alignment quizzes were made by libertarians and the results tended to skew that way, not sure if that's still true.

Yeah, I don't put a lot of faith in these things, but I think they are good and interesting to see in terms of rough comparison.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Generally, starting with a capital letter denotes the political party while lower-case denotes the political philosophy.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
I honestly don't even know what to believe anymore and I feel like a hollowed out husk of a person. I guess this is what hell feels like.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

E: gently caress it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

meatpimp posted:

Jokes on you, libertarians are authoritarians. They just preffer the corporations be the government.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
meatpimp, i'll unironically buy you a beer if you ever visit the NY capital region, because i've been in this exact situation so many times, lol.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

Jokes on you, libertarians are authoritarians. They just preffer the corporations be the government.

I remember doing this stupid thing when I was getting my bachelors and never saw the point as either way up/down/left/right there will always be people who are the choir and the others who are in the opposition. It's all a rouse to get what you want the only thing that changes are the catalyst and the means. If I remember correctly, I was 1 tick down and 1 tick to the right.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

CommieGIR posted:

Man, I thought bringing some context to the discussion would help.

I guess the only thing that fits your requirements are people wheeling around guillotines on the street looking for CEOs and politicians to do.

Gingerbread House Music posted:

meatpimp, i'll unironically buy you a beer if you ever visit the NY capital region, because i've been in this exact situation so many times, lol.

I do not know how to process this offer.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

meatpimp posted:

I do not know how to process this offer.

I only pick fights online as stress relief.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Gingerbread House Music posted:

I only pick fights online as stress relief.

You must be p stressed.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

meatpimp posted:

You must be p stressed.

Not as much as i used to be!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

meatpimp posted:

I guess the only thing that fits your requirements are people wheeling around guillotines on the street looking for CEOs and politicians to do.

It's a solid start :v:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

meatpimp posted:

I interpret "Libertarian" as "Anti-Authoritarian" in this context, not as in the current "Libertarian" party.

Yeah, that's how I read it as well.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

meatpimp posted:

Doesn't seem like a bad place to start.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Man, all of this politi-chat reminds me I have to have my birthday dinner later this month with my entirely Conservative and mildly racist family. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

CommieGIR posted:

Having baby today.
You're a dick but I don't hold that against people, so hope it goes/went well.

• Locked thread