Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

TheBlandName posted:

The uncommon tier of loot gives you 10 aspect lore, the implement to enter the Peacock door occasionally, and implements powerful enough to summon the aspect aligned unique summon for your victory condition. Those three things will allow you to fulfill the requirements for winning the game. The best source of uncommon tier loot is the rank 6 repeatable expedition. The Stag Door can give you that lore, and an 8 aspect lore.

6 aspect lore, out of 14 as a max, is not "high tier."

Ok so still grindy but not as hard as I thought re: notoriety, kidnappings, and imprisonment. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Vlex posted:

Seriously, 36 loving Lantern on top of the 6 marks?!.

36? You are like little baby. Watch this

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Autonomous Monster posted:

36? You are like little baby. Watch this

I've beaten it now, time to take a long break.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Weather Factory September newsletter posted:

Start-Up of the Year 2018!

Some of you may recall that the first award we won, we were so certain we wouldn't win we didn't bother to turn up.

The next award ceremony I went to I literally collapsed on Princess Anne.

The third award ceremony we went to was all the way in São Paulo and we didn't win anything even though we were nominated for four different categories and the awards were on my birthday. 😱😱😱

WELL. Let it never be said we're not totally average-speed learners when it comes to awards. Yesterday I actually bothered to turn up to our fourth award ceremony - where Weather Factory was up for Forward Ladies' Start-Up of the Year - and we only went and bloody won it!

This is particularly nice as it's a dual yay for both Alexis and me, and happened to fall in the same week as our inaugural Coven Club, which seems fitting. Go ladies! Woot!

WOT YOU'RE ALL HERE FOR: ALEXIS'S WORDS

We're releasing a free romance update along with our paid Dancer DLC, where you can woo, wound and/or wun off into the sunset with your chosen Follower(s). This being Cultist, though, don't necessarily expect a happy ending...

Speaking of unhappy endings, here's a letter from Teresa Galmier to her dear friend, Christoper Illopoly, describing (as much as one can) her experiences of Port Noon.

“Theresa Galmier wrote to a dear friend describing, elliptically, her experiences in the port of Noon.” – Transcript

Christopher, darling –

Here I am in Port Noon, although the locals prefer plain Noon. It’s smaller than I expected, but I suppose most things are (the Mansus excepted). I spent the morning poking around. The houses are white and the hills are green and the air is golden and the sea won’t settle on one colour. The sun is punishing. I’ve bought a bigger hat.

And this afternoon I saw the Spring. I’d expected it to be better guarded, but I suppose the locals are guard enough. The power and cunning and history downstairs in the hotel bar just now – it’s probably enough to mop up half the Lodges on the Continent. But there was a rusty iron fence, an unlocked gate, a sign which needs repainting. I didn’t drink. I’m in no hurry to be forgotten! Nor did I take a sample. I wasn’t alone.

I know what you’re going to say. Be careful. And I am being careful. But everyone here seems so old! I don’t mean they look old. They all look Long, which is to say they all have the limber bodies of well-kept gentry on the precipice of late middle age. But they move with caution and speak with deliberation and they do like to reminisce. We had thought of Noon as exile, but it’s more like retirement.

They always pay their respects to the Sun here. At dawn they’ll lift a glass of tea or a coffee-cup, and at sunset they will pour out a little wine. It’s not exactly a religious effect – it’s more like the due one owes an absent friend.

Talking of which, I hear that our acquaintance is still on the island. She lives in the hills, but she comes into town for tinned goods and toiletries. I have enough funds to wait for a couple of weeks. If she makes an appearance, I’ll put our proposition to her, and if she doesn’t – well, I’ll think of something.

I am being careful. I know you don’t believe me. But I set the locks and draw the wards, each night, before I think of you.

kisses

TG

God I can't wait for Dancer, I've done all the three vanilla ascensions

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/alexiskennedy/status/1045691022339166209?s=19

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:mmmhmm:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Gotta admit I'm looking forwards to romancing that cute knock cultist, Neville

e: oh god I just realized you can seduce Pope Clifton

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Sep 30, 2018

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Getting another couple paragraphs on each of those nerds would be great. I need to know what an Ysabet does.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ThaumPenguin posted:

Gotta admit I'm looking forwards to romancing that cute knock cultist, Neville

e: oh god I just realized you can seduce Pope Clifton

Pope Clifton always reminds me of the Bishop of Southwark, ie: Bishop Brian Blessed.

I feel like that would be some loud sex.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.

Ragnar34 posted:

Getting another couple paragraphs on each of those nerds would be great. I need to know what an Ysabet does.

If you knew, they would no longer be the things an Ysabet does.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/alexiskennedy/status/1047126506793775105?s=19

"The expansion is priced at a disturbingly reasonable $2.99/£2.50/€2.39."

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

quote:

the Let's Not Get RSI Bundle

Alexis my man tell me you're adding a "repeat last action" button to verbs

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Autonomous Monster posted:

Alexis my man tell me you're adding a "repeat last action" button to verbs

"The update will be accompanied by a host of technical and UI improvements in the beautifully named Let’s Not Get RSI bundle."

So hopefully yes!

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Actually excited for this. I see there's been at least one Ascension added since I played earlier this year, and now too more. Definitely going Moth this time.

So since I bought the Perpetual Edition (or whatever it was called if you bought it within the first two weeks) all the DLC is free, right? Not that $5 is an issue, but free is free.

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Actually excited for this. I see there's been at least one Ascension added since I played earlier this year, and now too more. Definitely going Moth this time.

So since I bought the Perpetual Edition (or whatever it was called if you bought it within the first two weeks) all the DLC is free, right? Not that $5 is an issue, but free is free.

Correct, the Perpetual Edition gets you everything.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah the moth stuff sounds really good, and it'll be a nice change to have the wounds system and relationships to give you more stuff to do. But can't help but wonder if Alexis Kennedy is gonna stop before he finished all the ascension paths.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Did anyone ever figure out the difference between a God-From-Flesh and a God-From-Blood

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

ThaumPenguin posted:

Did anyone ever figure out the difference between a God-From-Flesh and a God-From-Blood

They're both former mortals who became hours but Blood were sacrificed, tortured or killed during their ascension while Flesh had a smoother ride .

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
But did anyone ever figure out S.T.E.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

ZeusJupitar posted:

They're both former mortals who became hours but Blood were sacrificed, tortured or killed during their ascension while Flesh had a smoother ride .

I could be wrong, but I thought blood aren't necessarily former mortals, they are just entities that manifested as a result of blood sacrifice, I think the Thunderskin is both from-Flesh and from-Blood. Also, the Wolf-divided is a god-from-Blood, and I'm pretty sure it isn't a former mortal, it manifested as a result of the Intercalate, as it is also described as "the scar in the sky" when the Sun-in-Splendour was divided.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Ah, blood being from blood sacrifice makes sense, thanks!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Ayn Randi posted:

But did anyone ever figure out S.T.E.

It's 3/5s of an acronym https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crying_of_Lot_49

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

ThaumPenguin posted:

Ah, blood being from blood sacrifice makes sense, thanks!

alternate interpretation is gods from blood came about thanks to the efforts of humanity but were not, in and of themselves, former humans. mankind cursed themselves with Moth in the primeval forests, and the Wolf Divided was an unintended(?) side effect of the Intercalate.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I finished up my long-fallow Grail Ascension before the patch and now I'm tempted to start another game but I suspect it'll cause me to burn out before / during the content patch run. :negative:

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I'm constantly sad that I don't see fanart of this game. There's like, two things I've seen ever.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Glagha posted:

I'm constantly sad that I don't see fanart of this game. There's like, two things I've seen ever.

There's some stuff but if I felt like messing with images I'd be updating my Six Ages thread.

(actually there's a proper ongoing vote)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

you cant just SHOW fanart for this game, you'll get investigators! !

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

you cant just SHOW fanart for this game, you'll get investigators! !

Pff, it'll just generate mystique.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

All jokes aside we don't have a lot of visuals from which to inspire fanart so it would be wildly divergent if we did get it. Hmm...

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/alexiskennedy/status/1049320782944522241?s=19

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Wait ... are we going to get the ability to recruit investigators now?

Also, does anyone know if there are any plans for them to make the scholarship skill a job like the physique and imagination ones are?

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Technowolf posted:

Wait ... are we going to get the ability to recruit investigators now?

Also, does anyone know if there are any plans for them to make the scholarship skill a job like the physique and imagination ones are?

Yes, it's in the road map. That's at least three months off though.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

They just added a few achievements. Neat.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

There are two different Thunderskin achievements that say roughly the same thing so it'll be interesting to see how that play outs.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Dragonturtle posted:

There are two different Thunderskin achievements that say roughly the same thing so it'll be interesting to see how that play outs.

It's because there are now achievements for ascending alongside your lover. Interesting.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Speedball posted:

It's because there are now achievements for ascending alongside your lover. Interesting.

Crime Of The Sky incoming. :ohdear:

also the grail dual-ascension text is particularly... interesting, and possibly not a typo

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Can't commit the Crime of the Sky if you're gay! That's my plan

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 13, 2018

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

also the grail dual-ascension text is particularly... interesting, and possibly not a typo

yeah, like only one of you could *properly* ascend, it seems. Or trying to ascend with another mortal dilutes the effect somehow. I'll have to get to the actual game to see it in action.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

All of the dual ascension cheevos have names that suggest the ascension was flawed or incomplete, except "Our Constancy is Assured", which duplicates "The Dodo and the Draugr". I also note there are a whole bunch of hidden achievements now.

So I'm thinking there are two dual ascensions for each path- one "ya done goofed" half-success and a full success.

I hope it's not just "you need more aspect in the final ritual", though. Because a) that's boring and b) putting together all the bits for a max power ritual is exponentially more time consuming and tedious than the bare minimum, and that's bad enough already.

Here's hoping you get to uncrime the sky and restore the Sun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

ThaumPenguin posted:

Can't commit the Crime of the Sky if you're gay! That's my plan

alternately, be gay, still do crimes