Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Bogart posted:

How do y'all think it'd go if Tyrael's trait was changed to be active and slap down some Holy Ground? I love the guy but his trait is the biggest snore in the game.

All of the 'do something when you die' traits are stupid and should be replaced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

fool_of_sound posted:

All of the 'do something when you die' traits are stupid and should be replaced.

I kinda like Uther's though

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Leoric's trait is one of the coolest things in his kit

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

BattleHamster posted:

Leoric's trait is one of the coolest things in his kit

Leoric's is the exception, because it's a lot more potent and gameplay defining.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
And even without it, Leoric has his excellent cleaves on his Trait.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

drat the Tyrande rework made her crazy why are these idiots in my hl banning Lili and bw before her.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
https://i.imgur.com/dASS437.png

Oh I finally did it, I've been so close for the past few seasons. Now for Master in the next 3 seasons!

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Yardbomb posted:

We need more troll and goblin characters Blizzard.

And another cow, and a robot that turns into a turret. And a demonology warlock. I want a Protoss carrier but I'm willing to accept that will never happen.

fool_of_sound posted:

Looks like they're trying to make him work as either an off-laner or main tank.

MT it looks like, though I guess it will depend on his wave clear, sustain, and CDs on his CC. At a glance it looks more MT than Blaze, but with that cleave attack he may be viable for both. Blaze is starting to MT fairly effectively (at least at the top levels), and he's still decent to solo lane even with the mana nerf, which is nice because bunker is arguably the best heroic in the game.

bamhand posted:

I can't tell if the healthswap is going to be completely useless or completely busted. Probably not much in between.

My money is on busted, assuming he's a viable MT. It looks like Dark Conversion would be more effective than Muradin's avatar to keep him in the fight, while also doing great single target damage.

lucifirius posted:

Dark Conversion will just be Protected away most likely, and will have no middle ground between really loving good and really loving bad. You have to be really low to get value out of it, it's not as effective on squishies, and it's not as cool at turning into bats and being invulnerable for a period

Depending on how it works it might be really good regardless. If it leeches life regardless of how much Mal'ganis has, it could be paired with Last Rites to delete Muradin or another MT right at the start of a fight. There are only so many cleanses, and the whole team isn't always there at the start of a fight.

lucifirius posted:

https://i.imgur.com/dASS437.png

Oh I finally did it, I've been so close for the past few seasons. Now for Master in the next 3 seasons!

Grats! How'd you do it? Like, did you pick a class or a few heroes to focus on, did you just fill, etc.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I climbed by filling as last pick, countering as 3-4 pick, and by taking strong heroes that are good on whichever map with a focus on waveclear when I'm early picking.

https://www.hotslogs.com/Player/Profile?PlayerID=4528634

Waveclear is probably the most important thing in platinum next to positioning, as well as knowing each map. Like on Braxis you just need to win the 4-man and hold top.

Towers of Doom is where you focus on the bottom lane and taking the sappers on cooldown. Cursed Hollow is knowing when to fight, taking advantage of the huge size by applying lane pressure with mercs during a tribute phase, and by not going to boss when you can't see your enemy. BoE is more about team fighting than laning, and Sky Temple is where you trade temples while keeping the lanes cleared.

Some good heroes right now are Arthas, Xul, and Ana.

Arthas is good against the bruiser/melee meta, and Xul is awesome against melee heavy teams when paired with a tank that has reliable CC. Ana's buffs have really helped her, and her range makes her pretty safe when you're banning or picking Diablo and Muradin.

Zagara is still decent, especially when they have low mobility teams. Falstad makes a good global, and on maps like Cursed Hollow and Sky Temple I would put him as a priority pick, doubly so since his minor buffs.

As long as your team communicates in some way you'll do well, and you don't even have to use voice, but voice makes things better.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I am unironically really hyped for the Lt. Morales buffs coming in this week's balance patch. I love playing her so much and I've been saying survival/utility buffs are what she has needed for a while now. That base HP will go a long way I think.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I'm just glad they're buffing supports in general and not just needing the outliers.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I'm extremely interested in Malganis. I'm sad that I'm stuck in the boonies for the next week or so, though.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I hope Mal and Dread Jaina have some cute interactions together

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

If a kind soul could share MG's color variations so I could look at them while I'm in the sticks, I would be very grateful.

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Kith posted:

If a kind soul could share MG's color variations so I could look at them while I'm in the sticks, I would be very grateful.

They're all here.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

You are my hero. Thank you!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Spudd posted:

I hope Mal and Dread Jaina have some cute interactions together

I feel like they need to explore the other end of the Secret Dreadlord joke and give Mal'ganis a skin that's just him in a blonde wig and a dress.

Master of Disguise

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Depending on how it works it might be really good regardless. If it leeches life regardless of how much Mal'ganis has, it could be paired with Last Rites to delete Muradin or another MT right at the start of a fight. There are only so many cleanses, and the whole team isn't always there at the start of a fight.

It swaps health, so if Mal is full it does 0 damage. Maybe even heals the enemy?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The real troll will be fully healing enemies before Ancestral Healing triggers: "Haha, Rehgar. You just totally wasted all that healing! Pwned!" *dies to two auto-attacks*

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Malganis sounds like a better counter for Cho'Gall than Leoric and Malthael combined.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tSv5qa5SThM
danserkk pulled his voicelines already.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Is Thrall still good? I need some good generic flex picks that I'm comfortable with and enjoy playing. I struggle picking for the solo-lane right now because I don't particularly enjoy any of the meta picks

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
He’s definitely viable atm. Tier 2 sololaner perhaps?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Thrall isn't meta but he's a pretty solid pick. Ancestral Wrath is a great counter against tanky solos.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Is Thrall still good? I need some good generic flex picks that I'm comfortable with and enjoy playing. I struggle picking for the solo-lane right now because I don't particularly enjoy any of the meta picks

Thrall's fine.
In the solo lain your goal is not to lose against whoever you're facing and then being a beast in team fights post-10 with your heroic.

Crash Lightning is also still decent in the four man if you have a poke oriented comp.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

"Darkener Mal’Ganis"

"Undercity Mal’Ganis"

Well hey, we sorta get Tichondrius and Varimathras options.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

No Wave posted:

No... but shadow hunter's problem is that his abilities have all been used on other heroes (rehgar's chain heal, bw's poly, gazlowe's turret, sanct). A hero with his moveset would be tough to make feel unique.

HitTheTargets posted:

The thing that immediately jumps out at me is giving him Healing Ward as a basic ability. Hex & Serpent Ward could be replaced with a simple debuff & skillshot, or something as complex as a Toad of Hugeness or the like. Kinda depends on his overall role, you know?

Yeah, I’m guessing that if Vol’jin and Cairne ever made it to HotS, there’d be some Maiev-esque thematic rework done to their abilities. Big Bad Voodoo would probably stay as-is, but Chain Heal might be replaced with a splash heal instead, Hex turned into a skillshot stun, that sort of stuff.

fool_of_sound posted:

Comedy answer: Cairne’s trait is that after he dies, you play as Baine.

Undercity Malganis is legit better than his original skin

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Want that neocarbon dreadmachine skin

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Thrall is fine but he has problems dealing with Yrel, so he's been knocked out of the off-lane meta. Off-lane meta is hella stupid and needs a rework.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Mal'Ganis' voice acting is horrible, yeesh

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Missed opportunity to call it dreadful imho

Edit: You do think they would give a slow talker shorter lines though.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 9, 2018

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Is it just me, or does Artanis seem like a good counter pick to Yrel in the solo lane? His shields would be able to negate all of her damage and he could just whittle her down faster than she could keep punching through his shields.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Can't she just back off a bit and heal up? Any damage she does to you when your shields are down is permanent while she can heal indefinitely.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
If you aggressively trade into her, you can force her to miss soak, and she needs to hit minions to proc maraads insight. My theory is that this may work out in advantage of artanis because her damage is so low your shields should be able to eat whatever she puts out while she can't keep up with your sustain from twin blades.

Ideally, you would want to freeze the lane close to your tower and then dive behind the wave and push her back.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Speaking of ol' Yrel, what's her goto build these days? Also for Dblo, I thought the new hotness was going all fire stomp? That still the case?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Semper Fudge posted:

Mal'Ganis' voice acting is horrible, yeesh
Hard agree, which is a shame because I'm in love with his kit and aesthetics. Here's hoping they give him a Murkablo or Flying Monkey type skin that replaces his VA with jibberish

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

fool_of_sound posted:

Thrall is fine but he has problems dealing with Yrel, so he's been knocked out of the off-lane meta. Off-lane meta is hella stupid and needs a rework.

heh

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Speaking of ol' Yrel, what's her goto build these days? Also for Dblo, I thought the new hotness was going all fire stomp? That still the case?

Depends on your comp and enemy comp. Q on 13 and 16 is still used a lot.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
https://clips.twitch.tv/IgnorantShinyPorcupineRedCoat

Ban this motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

The low health hero used his ult that swaps health on a high health hero :eyepop: