Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Truga posted:

OK I unlocked red elder again. Before I go kill all this poo poo and gently caress up again, what's a good way to keep shaper alive? Is it enough if I'm just between the portals and shaper while killing them, or do mobs shoot at shaper from far enough away that that won't work?

Last time I noticed him at full life and ES after I killed the first 4 portals and figured "looks like he's got shitloads of health I don't need to worry I guess" and then I finished the fight and didn't get the fragment, which I guess means he died somehow :shrug:

Kill portals fast. My first red elder killed shaper because I died on phase transition and didn't put a tp near the petal so I had to run back. Second one was easy. I don't even pay attention to shaper. Just kill portals in like 2-4 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomeradeCanadian
Jun 22, 2014
Or frost wall. My low-dps ultra-safe RF jugg just walled off elder and took his sweet-rear end time taking apart portals.

But with a million dps or so portals get annihilated, especially if you ramp on-kill charges in that stage.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I find with ranged skills it's easy enough to stand in front of Shaper and waggle the mouse back and forth to carpet the screen in death, but even high-damage melee skills benefit a lot from frost wall.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Chains of Command trip report:
- The weapons won't make copies of themselves if your Guardian isn't out, so my plan of having it be on a weapon swap won't work
- Despite Eras getting crit capped on 4 power charges, PoB still says that Oro's or Starforge on 3 is a lot more damage. I'm switching to Oro's because of EE and it's an easy way to get frenzy charges
- Getting power charges on minions without Victario's Charity is difficult - I'm using PCoC and Assassin's Mark but would welcome a better suggestion

Also, gently caress Aegis Aurora and gently caress The Surrender - you can get shaper shields with 5% of life recovered on block and 100+ life for just a few chaos.

PoB has me at 200k dps per weapon and even with no enemies you can get 5-6 just from worms. When you're clearing maps it's a breeze.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Qwertycoatl posted:

I find with ranged skills it's easy enough to stand in front of Shaper and waggle the mouse back and forth to carpet the screen in death, but even high-damage melee skills benefit a lot from frost wall.

Yeah, I didn't have issues at all until in one of the later stages some portals spawned further out and ancestral call doesn't reach that far out, so I had to plop down the wall because shaper started taking damage.

Anyway, I got 3 hydra lairs from an abyssal city in delve. 5 orbs of horizon later, I cleared the other 3 guardians and am ready to kill shaper. Is there anything I need to know? I've seen a couple vids of it since people keep posting them everywhere so I won't be going in 100% blind like I did with elder, but are there any special mechanics I need to take care of that aren't apparent?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Truga posted:

Anyway, I got 3 hydra lairs from an abyssal city in delve. 5 orbs of horizon later, I cleared the other 3 guardians and am ready to kill shaper. Is there anything I need to know? I've seen a couple vids of it since people keep posting them everywhere so I won't be going in 100% blind like I did with elder, but are there any special mechanics I need to take care of that aren't apparent?

Of note:

* His most dangerous attack is probably the three balls. If you stick really close to him he seems not to use it much though (but run away for his super-telegraphed teleport slam)

* There are orb things that chase you and make a ground effect when they touch them. The effect sticks around for the rest of the phase. Try to pop them at the edge of the arena, and especially try not to pop them where Zana will make a bubble in the ultimate chaos attack

* I'm not completely sure about this one, but I think he likes to open phases 2 and 3 with ultimate chaos, so be careful about popping flaks/vaal skills at the start of those phases

* Don't underestimate the minibosses between phases. They can put out a surprising amount of damage

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

gonadic io posted:

Chains of Command trip report:
- The weapons won't make copies of themselves if your Guardian isn't out, so my plan of having it be on a weapon swap won't work
- Despite Eras getting crit capped on 4 power charges, PoB still says that Oro's or Starforge on 3 is a lot more damage. I'm switching to Oro's because of EE and it's an easy way to get frenzy charges
- Getting power charges on minions without Victario's Charity is difficult - I'm using PCoC and Assassin's Mark but would welcome a better suggestion

Also, gently caress Aegis Aurora and gently caress The Surrender - you can get shaper shields with 5% of life recovered on block and 100+ life for just a few chaos.

PoB has me at 200k dps per weapon and even with no enemies you can get 5-6 just from worms. When you're clearing maps it's a breeze.

There's two different ape chieftains you can raise. One gives power charges, the other frenzy. Link the gem to blood magic so they never run out of mana.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Vasudus posted:

There's two different ape chieftains you can raise. One gives power charges, the other frenzy. Link the gem to blood magic so they never run out of mana.

Chains of Command prevents you from having non-animated minions unfortunately. I could animate regulate white weapons but I didn't really see much point. Maybe having some ranged ones with Spirit Guard would be good since between Anger, Haste, and the amount of minion damage in my tree they should do decent damage.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Awesome! posted:

someone asked about this earlier today in guild chat so i figured i would post it in case anyone else didnt know how to do it.

Now explain how to sell fragment sets.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

found some ok boots

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

pokchu posted:

found some ok boots

poo poo

Just drop them in gstash. I'll let you know which tab when I log in.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Annul the evasion off, imo

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
I'm having extreme difficulty finding rare delve nodes, or any of the delve bosses for my last 4 challenges I need for the portal. I spent the entire weekend delving sideways in the 250-300 depth range without finding a single boss or notable node. Talking hundreds of thousands of sulphite spent delving here. I need 3 more rare nodes for the delve encounter challenge, and I still haven't even seen the lich boss or the crystal king. Am I doing something wrong?

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

I don't know if any of this is helpful but from what I've noticed: delve generates 8x8 chunks, you should be able to make out the grid made by all the 8x8 chunks.

A city is always confined/generated just in the 8x8. At least on my delve, a huge amount of cities touch the side/corner of a chunk for whatever reason. I don't know why. They don't seem to just generate in the middle of the chunk very often.

This is why I think when you go sideways it's best to be around the middle of one chunk, as you this usually lets you see and check 1-2 squares of the chunks below and above.

For example:

Like that route, you can check if the top and bottom chunks may have cities on the edges.

Likewise, if you already see like 25% of a chunk and it doesn't look interesting, it probably doesn't have anything worthwhile from my experience.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

*eyes glaze over*

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I made an insane hat and ran lab like a dozen times last night to pray for Molten Strike enchant. Guess I gotta sell it now.

Ended up buying one of the mirrored ones from the people using mirror fossils crafting. Has like 180 ES and 80 total resist, so my ES is now down to ~9300. Good enough for me to start saving for the really huge purchases at least (double mod Watcher's Eye pretty much).

KomeradeCanadian
Jun 22, 2014

Qwertycoatl posted:

Of note:

* His most dangerous attack is probably the three balls. If you stick really close to him he seems not to use it much though (but run away for his super-telegraphed teleport slam)

* There are orb things that chase you and make a ground effect when they touch them. The effect sticks around for the rest of the phase. Try to pop them at the edge of the arena, and especially try not to pop them where Zana will make a bubble in the ultimate chaos attack

* I'm not completely sure about this one, but I think he likes to open phases 2 and 3 with ultimate chaos, so be careful about popping flaks/vaal skills at the start of those phases

* Don't underestimate the minibosses between phases. They can put out a surprising amount of damage

Agree with all of those. My 2 chaos:

* the vortex balls damage does not stack. IF you pop 5 at once you only take damage from one.

* The very last place you want it to pop is middle due to ultimate chaos. Shield charge to a ball if you see one coming at you and dash back, unless you're a jugg.

* He definitely opens with ultimate chaos often. Save flasks for when he's doing a beam and you can whale on him safely.

* If you're using MOVEMENT SKILL+ faster attacks + whatever, you can swap q20 culling strike to make the last phase much faster. 10% shaper life is about 1.8 million hp.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

How do you tell what is a chunk?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the tips friends, I won with 0 deaths, though it was very close a couple times.

I... don't think this game is quite as hard as people online make it out to be when you're 10k ES fat and refill like half of it per second with life leech. I was kinda worried yesterday, because I died a bunch to a couple guardians, but I think that was more me having no idea what mechanics happen during the fight. Also ridiculous mapmods, I think insisting on getting the bonus thing my first time through wasn't the best idea I had. :rip:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Papercut posted:

How do you tell what is a chunk?

I think it's that a biome doesn't cross a chunk boundary, so you can see the edges where the biomes all change.

Truga posted:

Thanks for the tips friends, I won with 0 deaths, though it was very close a couple times.

I... don't think this game is quite as hard as people online make it out to be when you're 10k ES fat and refill like half of it per second with life leech. I was kinda worried yesterday, because I died a bunch to a couple guardians, but I think that was more me having no idea what mechanics happen during the fight. Also ridiculous mapmods, I think insisting on getting the bonus thing my first time through wasn't the best idea I had. :rip:

Congrats! Took me a league or so to go from facing shaper to actually being able to kill him.

If I want the guardian bonus without dangerous mods, I alt/regal craft a two-mod map where neither of the mods make the boss harder, then vaal and hope I don't ruin it.

KomeradeCanadian
Jun 22, 2014

Truga posted:

Grats! Yeah getting attack speed/frenzy on hit on a guardian is awful. Gets much harder to dodge all the telegraphed poo poo.

It's also possible to buy already corrupt maps if you can do someone else's gamebreaker mod like ele reflect.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
I haven't played this game in like a month. Wanna get up to some Consecrated Path shenanigans. What's the 'best' Consecrated Path build? What's the difference between, say, an Inquisitor, Mathil's Elementalist, or a Scion?

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!

Zhulik posted:

I'm having extreme difficulty finding rare delve nodes, or any of the delve bosses for my last 4 challenges I need for the portal. I spent the entire weekend delving sideways in the 250-300 depth range without finding a single boss or notable node. Talking hundreds of thousands of sulphite spent delving here. I need 3 more rare nodes for the delve encounter challenge, and I still haven't even seen the lich boss or the crystal king. Am I doing something wrong?

go down rather than sideways, rare nodes and bosses are significantly more common the deeper you go

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

ZyrKx posted:

go down rather than sideways, rare nodes and bosses are significantly more common the deeper you go

You say that like it is just so easy.

So right now Im league starting lvl 53 with and unoptimized molten strike / cyclone gladiator and just facerolling the act 6/7 range. I've been trying to do delves as the mood strikes, and after act 3 the scaling turned verticle like a brick wall. Im doing level 30-40 sideways azurite runs with my sulphurite, advancing to dephth 40 has me going splat if I hit a rare blue dog spirit bomb throwing motherfucker.

What is a good build for me to take my revenge with? What are some concepts to know to make delving more... Manageable I guess?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Anything that relies on regen or life gain on hit is great for delving for the darkness aspects, but if you cant get past depth 40 with a level 53 melee build, youve seriously screwed something up

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jinnigan posted:

I haven't played this game in like a month. Wanna get up to some Consecrated Path shenanigans. What's the 'best' Consecrated Path build? What's the difference between, say, an Inquisitor, Mathil's Elementalist, or a Scion?

I'm just starting one as a chieftain, and while I can't speak to the differences between the various ascendency choices, but the skill is fun as heck.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Control Volume posted:

Anything that relies on regen or life gain on hit is great for delving for the darkness aspects, but if you cant get past depth 40 with a level 53 melee build, youve seriously screwed something up

Raider phasing is nice, too

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Jinnigan posted:

Inquisitor heavily depends on whether cons path damage is calculated at the starting point or not, but even then sanctify is a dead node so you probably lose out to elementalist/scion just from opportunity cost.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I feel like Delve swings the balance too far in several directions. You want regen instead of leech, phasing over all other movement options, and controlled instant damage is best since delayed damage makes it harder to kill while keeping up with/ahead of the cart and uncontrolled damage is likely to hit enemies in the darkness.

I also don't like how linear each delve is.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Jinnigan posted:

tbh a cookie cutter build would be jugg or pathfinder.

E - I'm actually playing mathils ele CP build. It's pretty good but it takes spiky damage. People forget that mathil has reflexes of a ninja.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

McFrugal posted:

I feel like Delve swings the balance too far in several directions. You want regen instead of leech, phasing over all other movement options, and controlled instant damage is best since delayed damage makes it harder to kill while keeping up with/ahead of the cart and uncontrolled damage is likely to hit enemies in the darkness.

I also don't like how linear each delve is.

Regen and phasing are only important if you want to explore the dark, and even then they're not essential, they just save you flares. You can still delve just fine (although I haven't hit 600 yet so maybe I'll eat my words).

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Oh yeah Rodent and I both decided to copy Dan's Molten Strike Occultist and holy poo poo is it good at deep delving. Did a 440 Depth Kurgal and he basically couldn't touch me. I hosed up and tanked his center beam in the empowered phase and didn't get the challenge credit, but I was surprised at how trivial it was to stay alive in the fight.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Papercut posted:

Regen and phasing are only important if you want to explore the dark, and even then they're not essential, they just save you flares. You can still delve just fine (although I haven't hit 600 yet so maybe I'll eat my words).

I've had occasional close calls just from walking 10 feet away from the path, because the cart keeps going and leaves me in the dark and there's monsters clogging a doorway and I have to find just the right angle to flame dash through.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Jinnigan posted:

I turned Mathil's build into a Pathfinder and it's been working really well. My username is Shaboom and the character is StringTheory_SHIV because it used to be a bow build.

George fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 9, 2018

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Seems like curse on hit doesn't work as expected with herald of purity :confused:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Yeah curse on hit doesn't work with minions. Its kind of unintuitive but its in the gem description.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MMF Freeway posted:

Yeah curse on hit doesn't work with minions. Its kind of unintuitive but its in the gem description.

then why does it give me the green checkbox :mad:

oh well guess i'll fart around with sockets some more

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
a couple days ago I was in a one-portal zana and died

as my body fell to the floor

so did a kaom's

:mad:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

theshim posted:

a couple days ago I was in a one-portal zana and died

as my body fell to the floor

so did a kaom's

:mad:

lightning crashes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

"Added a search box to the Subterranean Chart. You can now search for encounter names, rewards and depth levels."

:stoked: