Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

shut up blegum posted:

This guy will visit your camp 2x/year. It'll be fine.

Cant wait for this carriage to be a multiplayer mount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

have we gotten a close up of arthur yet? i swear they modeled him off randolph scott (~rannnndollllllph scoooooootttttttt~)

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.

Rhaegar posted:

Just got an email from amazon.ca telling me my pre-order will not make the expected delivery date. Expected Nov 1st - Nov 7th.

Nooooooooooooo!

That's terrible to hear.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Instead of gold or platinum grills, you can sport wooden or iron teeth as micro transactions. Whattup indeed.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Ultimate Mango posted:

Instead of gold or platinum grills, you can sport wooden or iron teeth as micro transactions. Whattup indeed.

Go the full Washington horrorshow with a medley of teeth from slaves and a variety of animals.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
I really hope we get to kill some klansmen in this game

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Mycroft Holmes posted:

I'd settle for killing a Nathan Bedford Forrest stand-in, but I doubt Rockstar will get anywhere near that subject matter.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Wrong time period, really. They'd already been suppressed (govt. doing that? Amazing) when RDR2 is supposed to take place and wouldn't fully take another crack at things until 1915.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Second wave of the Klan was founded in 1915 so teeeechnically.
:goonsay:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Buying the more expensive digital preorder version was a dumb choice, right? Because that’s what I did. And I’m pretty sure I only make bad vidya game decisions.

I mean it’s GTAO cash, and I don’t play GTAO, and some cosmetic crap for the actual game, right?

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
More or less - from the store page:

The Red Dead Redemption 2: Special Edition delivers a huge selection of exclusive content for Story Mode including:
• Bank Robbery Mission & Gang Hideout
• Dappled Black Thoroughbred
• Talisman and Medallion Gameplay Bonuses
• Gameplay Boosts, Cash Bonuses & Discounts
• The Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit

Plus get free access to Additional Weapons in Story Mode.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

el oso posted:

The Red Dead Redemption 2: Special Edition delivers a huge selection of exclusive content for Story Mode including:

I wonder how big of a deal any of this is, considering the emphasis on wearing the right gear and riding the right horse as the game dictates it.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

Rhaegar posted:

Just got an email from amazon.ca telling me my pre-order will not make the expected delivery date. Expected Nov 1st - Nov 7th.

Nooooooooooooo!

I got the same email - did you order it during one of the discounts periods (E3 I think mine was)? Wondering if they're just trying to get people to cancel pre-orders that were discounted. Same thing happened to me with Spider-Man.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

el oso posted:

I pre-ordered the physical special edition and it also contains a cloth map of the gameworld:smuggo:

I'll probably look at it once and then put it back in the case forever.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

With the GTA pistol unlock, do npcs count for headshots or do I need to kill players?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

A Sometimes Food posted:

With the GTA pistol unlock, do npcs count for headshots or do I need to kill players?

NPCs work.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

A Sometimes Food posted:

NPC's work. I just finished both. Took me about 3 hours, but I suck so you might get it done faster.

wezmon
Dec 31, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

If you have the ability unlocked to call Lester and get the cops to turn a blind eye, do that at any heavily populated spot and you'll have it done in a jiffy. Same for the stone hatchet.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Too scared to do it IRL?

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Here’s a little interesting thing for the people that want to turn off HUD elements

wccftech” posted:

In a fresh video shared by LegacyKillaHD, it’s been revealed that Croatian magazine Gameplay confirmed in its recent Red Dead Redemption 2 preview that NPCs dialogue will change if the player is playing without the mini-map. With the map off, NPCs will give players directions, routes and various other information regarding the surrounding areas.

I actually might give this a try, it sounds pretty neat.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cultural Marxist posted:

Here’s a little interesting thing for the people that want to turn off HUD elements

Yeah, that's interesting enough that I now seriously want to try a "first-person, no HUD" run.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Cultural Marxist posted:

When LegacyKillaHD is connected in any fashion it's HUGE NEWS I always have reason to doubt a bit.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Tercio posted:

When LegacyKillaHD is connected in any fashion it's HUGE NEWS I always have reason to doubt a bit.

Yeah, that guy is the poster child for using any scrap of news or rumor to sensationalize in a 15-minute video to get a buck. Can't say I blame the guy but we're so close to release that there's no reason to watch his stuff. Chances are we'll get some new official video or preview weekly from now until release.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Cultural Marxist posted:

there's something like that in the new assasins creed. it's pretty cool.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I'm reaching Spore levels of hype over here.

But this game will actually be good.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Tercio posted:

Absolutely agree. Sadly I don�t speak enough to Croatian Dutch(?) to confirm it from the source magazine, but if I come across any non-LegacyKilla confirmation I�ll let you know.

e: here�s an image of the page from the magazine �Gameplay�. Google translate suggests the NPCs direction giving is the bottom right text

and page 2 where the map stuff continues in the text in the top left, beneath the orange box.

new e: see below

Tercio posted:

Heads up on this.

Cultural Marxist fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Oct 10, 2018

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
In gtao if yall are trying to unlock the rdr stuff run pier pressure and just run up and down the pier murdering. Cops wont come in that mission and there is no timer.

A motorcycle makes the pistol one way quicker.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I did the pistol challenge wrong, I just took cover and shot a lot of cops

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
LegacyKilla makes me laugh because he stretches out one tiny piece of information to 15 minute videos. I was really confused how he constantly did this, then I watched a few of his videos, and all he does is read press articles over cut scenes and gameplay from the trailers. He doesn't add anything insightful or significant.

What a hack.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Zipperelli. posted:

LegacyKilla makes me laugh because he stretches out one tiny piece of information to 15 minute videos. I was really confused how he constantly did this, then I watched a few of his videos, and all he does is read press articles over cut scenes and gameplay from the trailers. He doesn't add anything insightful or significant.

What a hack.

there is tons of that poo poo on youtube. just go into the rabbit whole of lore and theory videos to see what i mean.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I was gonna say that's literally everything on YouTube. Gone are the days of anything loving useful being on there. Now that entire platform is basically just videos of people telling you how to fix your Xbox by turning it off and on again with background music

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I don’t think any tutorial on YouTube will ever top that kid showing you how to hAcK google by running the ping command.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ZeusCannon posted:

I was gonna say that's literally everything on YouTube. Gone are the days of anything loving useful being on there. Now that entire platform is basically just videos of people telling you how to fix your Xbox by turning it off and on again with background music

it's pretty good for stuff like car repair and home improvement if you do a little poking around

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

titties posted:

NPCs work.

1500 posted:

NPC's work. I just finished both. Took me about 3 hours, but I suck so you might get it done faster.

wezmon posted:

If you have the ability unlocked to call Lester and get the cops to turn a blind eye, do that at any heavily populated spot and you'll have it done in a jiffy. Same for the stone hatchet.

Thanks all got it done this arvo.

Looking at GTAO for the first time since launch, did they ever backport any of the guns and cars to single player cause drat was the base game kinda lacking on that front.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

wezmon posted:

Oh wow that's way easier than doing Gang attacks with the pistol. I did the axe challenge by driving into the Vinewood Bowl and going nuts while dodging police around the buildings there.

A tip for anyone else thinking of doing the treasure hunt and bounties, when you get close to any of the targets you will hear the tinkling of wind chimes. None of the walkthrough I found mentioned it.. actually most walkthroughs I found were kind of lacking because there's a heap of randomization involved

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

I wonder how big of a deal any of this is, considering the emphasis on wearing the right gear and riding the right horse as the game dictates it.

None of it will be any kind of deal at all, just like every other preorder bonus ever.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Rockstar's marketing has been perfect for drumming up interest and creating hype. However, the lack of concrete information about the game and its various systems has left the ground wide open for speculation. The hype for this game, combined with this hog wild speculative environment, is going to make for a lot of players bitching about this game not living up to their expectations post release. The tears harvest will be enormous.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

So, business as usual for a Rockstar release?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I saw a vid on YouTube earlier that was titled something like '11 reasons why we'll never finish RDR2'. Didn't click it, but it's kinda crazy that people are already 'complaining' that the game is too big :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

shut up blegum posted:

I saw a vid on YouTube earlier that was titled something like '11 reasons why we'll never finish RDR2'. Didn't click it, but it's kinda crazy that people are already 'complaining' that the game is too big :confused:

I thought that video was less complaining and more "I'm going to be so busy just doing side stuff I won't even touch the main mission! :D"