Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

logikv9 posted:

*extremely ben Carson voice* Soviet milk pyramids?

grains and milk...stored in pyramids, its like a cereal bowl :goofy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

juche avocado posted:

ik schnork im just venting about what i find to be stupid assumptions we keep even after we've found a lot of our previous assumptions were dumb and bad

now that the dust is settled the polling is starting to suggest exactly this but we'll know more in a week or two :shobon:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

This is also rich people central lmao

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
did u guys ever notice that the opening mario 2 music is a remix of the melody from the water stages of mario 1

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Lastgirl posted:

class might be canceled tomorrow :peanut:

when the revolution comes, class will be canceled ... FOREVER

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Thoguh posted:

Walking over to the early voting station to go vote

I go tomorrow

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Dems winning comfortably in NJ 11 (>5 points) will mean that even NJ-4 is competitive. It's a stretch to win that one tho.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

quote:

In addition to compiling the viewership of TV news programs, Nielsen is also letting us know just how old the cable TV news viewer is.

According to Nielsen Live +7-day data, in 2017 CNN’s median age was 60, while the median age of the Fox News and MSNBC viewer was 65.

The good news for CNN and Fox News: they each aged down one year, from 2016 when CNN’s median age was 61 and Fox News’s was 66.

The not so good news for MSNBC, their median age jumped two years. It was 63 in 2016.

In prime time, the median age ticks even lower: CNN’s median was 59 (flat vs. 2016); MSNBC’s median was 65 (up two years from 63 in 2016); and Fox News’ was 66 (flat vs. 2016).

Fox News won the cable news ratings race in 2017 while MSNBC posted the most total audience growth.

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/heres-the-median-age-of-the-typical-cable-news-viewer/355379

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!

Bip Roberts posted:

the Japanese Mario 2 is for real not fun and way worse than doki doki panic

:hai:
nintendo did a smart thing not releasing "like SMB1 but sucks and isn't fun" here and instead palette swapping mario characters on doki doki panic

its the first playable appearance of toad, the smallest and fastest character in the mario universe

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Bart - SCROTUS
Nov 21, 2002

I'm a geek, I'm a geek
I'm a power tool

When I sing this song
I look like a fool

:d2a: :d2a:

jerry seinfel posted:

one of my boomer coworkers just referenced the UN report that we're all going to die from climate change in 2040

he then used that to make a point that he's going to be dead by then, which was shocking to him to think about, that he would be older in 20 years. crazy to think that you age. that was his loving takeaway

lead poisoned brains have trouble doing anything besides regurgitating slogans

anything longer than fourteen words is too overwhelming

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

my state needs to implement early voting but the state legislature is some loving useless mickey mouse poo poo

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Bip Roberts posted:

the Japanese Mario 2 is for real not fun and way worse than doki doki panic

i enjoyed it, but i have no idea how anyone ever beat it without save states

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

considering actually filling out this form for ms sarah smith for congress but in the meantime

yes the memes. the MEMES

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Doki Doki Panic is a better Mario game than Lost Levels :colbert:

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

:rip: crackers, bought a decorative driftwood pineapple and died

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Heading straight for Belaware.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SKULL.GIF posted:

the next couple hours are gonna be quiet so check this out

https://twitter.com/bellingcat/status/1049682786024640512

I didn't realize just how thorough and organized the fascist wing was in Europe

I noticed this stuff popping up concurrently all over eastern Europe in summer 2013 and was like "Hey fascism keeps popping up all over guys" but never did a deep dive into what's happening there

Ukraines entire protest movement against the Russia stooge was explicitly far-right and the mood of the time meant that the only people who pointed this out was RT which everybody said was "fake news"

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Stefan Prodan posted:

did u guys ever notice that the opening mario 2 music is a remix of the melody from the water stages of mario 1

no its not

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Cohen is growing larger, ready to strike.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

tenderjerk posted:

remember when jared talked that one time and then they decided to never have that happen again

jared's gonna wear one of those kylo ren masks when he becomes emperor

ben shapiro's gonna follow him around looking like dark helmet from spaceballs

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

tenderjerk posted:

:hai:
nintendo did a smart thing not releasing "like SMB1 but sucks and isn't fun" here and instead palette swapping mario characters on doki doki panic

its the first playable appearance of toad, the smallest and fastest character in the mario universe

excuse me nabbit is smaller and faster and frankly cuter

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

now that the dust is settled the polling is starting to suggest exactly this but we'll know more in a week or two :shobon:

i'll stop quoting you after this because i don't think u need any more jet fuel

just wanna be clear that the assumption i'm rankled @ is "oh my goddd it's such a politically dangerous vote" (re: heitkamp) or "wow! such a politically safe vote!" (re: manchin)

but i get it

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

jerry seinfel posted:

Ivanka's birthday is in 3 weeks!!!!

DADDY I WANNA BE AN AMBASSADOR FOR MY BIRTHDAY

To Russia!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Communist milk people

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Ukraines entire protest movement against the Russia stooge was explicitly far-right and the mood of the time meant that the only people who pointed this out was RT which everybody said was "fake news"
There were far right people there but not everyone there was far right. Yulia Tymoshenko getting booed off state was a sign that it was anti corruption in general for at least some of the people there, briefly (will not deny ultranationalists were the last ones swinging and were the effective winners though)

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

:basta:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

I noticed this stuff popping up concurrently all over eastern Europe in summer 2013 and was like "Hey fascism keeps popping up all over guys" but never did a deep dive into what's happening there

why do leftists keep getting blindsided by how deeply linked and organized the fash is

like if anyone should know that collaboration and organization is prob the greatest power that can be brought to change a society, its the fuckin left

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

keep turning your brain to mush you fat orange...yellow nazi

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
'bout to vote.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ukraine is gonna get the same sweet deal from the west the way the Serbians got theirs. They are at the center of every major European war of the last century, but we will bail out their nationalist delusional rear end anyhow.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

cant tell if i'm being trolled

talking about this song fwiw in case you're looking at the stage music instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqtKBlK3YII

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

twoday posted:

Communist milk people

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

BUSH 2112 posted:

i enjoyed it, but i have no idea how anyone ever beat it without save states

seriously it's sitting on my wii screen taunting me as the only game i've never beaten. I can't get through that fuckin 6th world, there's a brutal cheep cheep insta-death-from-falling level followed immediately by a castle level that you can't complete unless you're little

And you can't beat the game until you beat it 8 times, because only then do you get access to worlds A through D

The most hilarious part of that game is that there's an exploitable infinite koopa on the very first screen that you can get infinite lives from, but the lives are assigned to a var that can only store 128 bytes, so if you get 129 lives, then when you go to the next world you get an instant game over because your lives just rolled over to -1

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

just printed off a sample ballot to see where the dems on the ballot stand because I'm never voting for a Republican at any level for any reason for the rest of my life so this is a lot easier now

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Eastern Europe is going Fascist in a bad way in a conflux of anti-immigrant sentiment and anti-Leftist reactionism left over from the Cold War. Russia helping this along is lol, but Russia is not too far from being a Fascist Kleptocratic state itself, if not already there.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

twoday posted:

Communist milk people

ryugyong milk hotel

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bNITQR4Uso

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

juche avocado posted:

i'll stop quoting you after this because i don't think u need any more jet fuel

just wanna be clear that the assumption i'm rankled @ is "oh my goddd it's such a politically dangerous vote" (re: heitkamp) or "wow! such a politically safe vote!" (re: manchin)

but i get it

it could be a politically dangerous vote in red states if and only if it fires up a bunch of non-voting partisans such that they end up voting in an election where they otherwise wouldn't.

my sense, like you, is that the actual group of people who:

a.) will specifically come out of the wood work because of kav
b.) are voting R
c.) weren't voting before this kav stuff

is pretty narrow.

• Locked thread