Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CruzerZERO
May 8, 2007

Oh man, what a bummer
That's good to know as well. Thanks for the info guys. Looking forward to future blasting with my sorcerer. :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
New Update hit, cross your fingers this doesn't break too much else.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Moral_Hazard posted:

Is an inquisitor any good?

Yes they are actually quite good, specially the monster summoner or pet versions.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Monster Summoner is pretty crazy. You get a bunch of free casts of top-level monster summonings, but as standard action casts instead of full round, and minutes-long durations instead of a few rounds. I've been playing a glaive wielder to hide in the back while a pack of wolves or whatever tears poo poo up. Teamwork feats for your summons is good too, Outflank for everyone.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Crabtree posted:

New Update hit, cross your fingers this doesn't break too much else.

Longer load times! We did it yall hugs around

(just once, but still funny)

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Getting some bugs that ain't that bad, disapearing Hellknights and Golems that were hanging around in the city, to really bad stuff like having Almiri in the party but no, you can't do her 3rd companion quest. Unless there's a second 6 Bears Camp?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I tried that stealth section with Amari a few times, I've learned to accept failure.

Edit: Whoa poo poo is that section buggy as hell, not only didn't I have that Lander as an adviser, I certainly didn't kill him... turns out people also die when they're rescued, wacky!

Mr.Pibbleton fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 9, 2018

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
So a Crag Linnorm... as a pathfinder noob, at level 6 I should just back away slowly, get out of range, and run screaming as soon as safe, right?

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Sky Shadowing posted:

So a Crag Linnorm... as a pathfinder noob, at level 6 I should just back away slowly, get out of range, and run screaming as soon as safe, right?

You could always try to get Linzi or somebody with stealth to bilbo its hoard out from under its nose as a temp gently caress you before you come back a few levels from now

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Sky Shadowing posted:

Yes, yes you should.

Incidentally, in addition to everything else nasty about it (it's theoretically a good encounter for a lvl 14 party), Linnorms have Regeneration... that's only turned off by cold iron. Hope you actually checked a shop and picked up one of those weapons!

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it
Well, even after their extra patch today I still can't load any of my saves. Delightful!

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Candlekeep Tower. Man this was a bitch at level six. Communal resist energy is a requirement, and you don't have communal protection from energy yet. And then the boss just spams magic missile (murdering Linzie). Oh bring lots of glitterdust too.

Oh, are wisps immune to alchemist stuff? They are immune to everything except magic missile spell-wise at least - do alchemist bombs count as such? If they do, then bring the rear end in a top hat gnome.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
alchemist stuff is aoe so i think it would work

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

lurksion posted:

Candlekeep Tower. Man this was a bitch at level six. Communal resist energy is a requirement, and you don't have communal protection from energy yet. And then the boss just spams magic missile (murdering Linzie). Oh bring lots of glitterdust too.

Oh, are wisps immune to alchemist stuff? They are immune to everything except magic missile spell-wise at least - do alchemist bombs count as such? If they do, then bring the rear end in a top hat gnome.

Serious suggestion: Wait until level 7 to do Candlemere. At that point Resist Energy jumps to resist 20, which blocks virtually all of their damage outside crits. There's also so many of them that I really would not recommend relying on Protection from Energy, as they'll burn through it in no time.

CDW
Aug 26, 2004

Lord Koth posted:

Yes, yes you should.

Incidentally, in addition to everything else nasty about it (it's theoretically a good encounter for a lvl 14 party), Linnorms have Regeneration... that's only turned off by cold iron. Hope you actually checked a shop and picked up one of those weapons!

I kill his bitch-rear end at Level 9.

Bring Protection From Elements: Fire, and pull him with your "tank" like an MMO, by himself, and with the breath weapon hopefully away from others.

There is some thorn entanglement spell that Clerics get that was nice because it does damage as if it was Cold Iron, otherwise I think only 2 people had Cold Iron weapons.

I wish the game had more "Oh gently caress I can't fight that yet" things hidden around, I enjoyed waiting for when I thought I could jump him and live.

To anyone that hasn't sperged out on D&D, the CR system is designed to say, this creature at this level is designed to take x amount of resources from the party in an adventuring day, I want to say it was 20%. This also can be really inaccurate when you have things like Will o the Wisps that are supposed to just play with their food and not go full rambo on your rear end like they do in this game. d20pfsrd is a good site to try and look at when a monster is doing weird poo poo you don't understand.

CDW
Aug 26, 2004

malhavok posted:

The lack of armor would point you towards theurge, but the class itself is already supposed to be something of a healing sorcerer as it is. Specially since i believe his main domain is fire.

I actually think the Devs hosed up and made his main domain Good, which is mostly Cleric spells already and entirely defeats the loving point of the Ecclei-whatever ability of your main doman being able to go in your regular prepped spots. If he had picked Fire, you could load him up with Fireballs. That said, I've kind of ignored him, especially after I forgot that he was never allowed to cast spells in armor and gave him a Fighter level for Armor Profs, whoops.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

CDW posted:

I kill his bitch-rear end at Level 9.

Bring Protection From Elements: Fire, and pull him with your "tank" like an MMO, by himself, and with the breath weapon hopefully away from others.

There is some thorn entanglement spell that Clerics get that was nice because it does damage as if it was Cold Iron, otherwise I think only 2 people had Cold Iron weapons.

I wish the game had more "Oh gently caress I can't fight that yet" things hidden around, I enjoyed waiting for when I thought I could jump him and live.

To anyone that hasn't sperged out on D&D, the CR system is designed to say, this creature at this level is designed to take x amount of resources from the party in an adventuring day, I want to say it was 20%. This also can be really inaccurate when you have things like Will o the Wisps that are supposed to just play with their food and not go full rambo on your rear end like they do in this game. d20pfsrd is a good site to try and look at when a monster is doing weird poo poo you don't understand.

3.x CR is kinda infamous for being really off in general mostly because it was just eyeballed. I have no idea if it's more accurate in Pathfinder though.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Gorelab posted:

3.x CR is kinda infamous for being really off in general mostly because it was just eyeballed. I have no idea if it's more accurate in Pathfinder though.

[Jon Lovitz voice]: it stinks!

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Gorelab posted:

It's useless as a comparison in Kingmaker, because even if it was accurate in the tabletop, literally everything is at least +3 CR compared to the tabletop anyway on anything past Easy.

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.

Lord Koth posted:

Yes, yes you should.

And the only ones available are pre-enchanted, when enchanting cold iron costs an extra 3000 on top of the 2000 for +1. I'm really tired of crafting in games, but DR coverage is a mess without customization. I haven't seen a silver weapon by level 9, but I've had to fight werewolves and wererats.

Also in things that mildly annoy me sometimes news: characters dying from their wounds in dialogue when I not only have healing available, but specifically [url=https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/breath-of-life/Breath of Life.[/url]

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

lurksion posted:

OK, so don't do them, got it.

I mean I don't want to say that for certain because maybe it does something later? Who loving knows!
Probably not though, I mean....if the buildings in your town don't really do anything I can't imagine other stuff does.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mordecai posted:

And the only ones available are pre-enchanted, when enchanting cold iron costs an extra 3000 on top of the 2000 for +1. I'm really tired of crafting in games, but DR coverage is a mess without customization. I haven't seen a silver weapon by level 9, but I've had to fight werewolves and wererats.

wait this means full scale monks are actually a thing here (because by then they should have the silver/cold iron fists)

Aasimar Scaled Fist should be a cool idea, if a bit squishy

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Is there any difference in who you make chief of the Tiger Lords? I'd like to do Amiri but that option doesn't come up.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Freaking 5gb patch! Have they put everything in a few massive files so you have to redownload them over and over for every single little change or something?

quote:

Valerie's quest ability "Valorous" provided Strength and Constitution bonuses instead of Strength and Charisma. Resolution: "Valorous" ability provides Strength and Charisma, as per description.
loving derp. :downs:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Poil posted:

Freaking 5gb patch! Have they put everything in a few massive files so you have to redownload them over and over for every single little change or something?

loving derp. :downs:

Fighers: Famous charisma users.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Taear posted:

Fighers: Famous charisma users.

Every time you click it, she should complain about becoming prettier.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I mean, Paladins actually do use Charisma for a bunch of things, right? Assuming it has that in common with regular D&D.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Phlegmish posted:

I mean, Paladins actually do use Charisma for a bunch of things, right? Assuming it has that in common with regular D&D.

Yepp. But she is aggressively not a paladin. I mean she acts like one and has the stats of one, but bring up her paladinity and she flips.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Sky Shadowing posted:

Here's my level 7 strategy for beating that thing: cast every defensive buff you can on Ekun's and anyone else's pets, you should be able to get their AC to around 40 at your level assuming you have Jubilost and he's got the ability to affect other characters with his infusions(shield, barkskin) have the pets tank with energy resistance fire on, Tristian heals them at a distance. With haste and other offensive buffs you ought to be able to take it down.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Can’t just make Valerie a paladin? Or another charisma using class maybe?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
The companions in this game truly stink and custom party is where it's at.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Avalerion posted:

Can’t just make Valerie a paladin? Or another charisma using class maybe?

She's not LG, so she can't be a paladin.

I guess you could make her a scaled fist monk or something and just completely ignore her fighter-ness. You can also get Cornugon Smash and Dreadful Carnage to let her use her charisma for something, at least.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
This game is so munchkin-ey that the unoptimized companions are that much more of a gently caress you.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Cynic Jester posted:

Yepp. But she is aggressively not a paladin. I mean she acts like one and has the stats of one, but bring up her paladinity and she flips.

Nah, she doesn't remotely act like a paladin, even accounting for this game's aggressively kill-happy interpretation of Lawful Good. She very much acts Lawful, and Lawful alone (outside venturing into Lawful Stupid on multiple occasions - though I do find it funny her Int score actually backs this up). Like, I can think of at least one occasion just off the top of my head where following her suggestions are actually the evil things to do The Goblin Fort - she suggests waiting multiple times on that map while the gobbos do horrible things to captives.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Prism posted:

She's not LG, so she can't be a paladin.

I guess you could make her a scaled fist monk or something and just completely ignore her fighter-ness. You can also get Cornugon Smash and Dreadful Carnage to let her use her charisma for something, at least.

Magus, maybe?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Keeshhound posted:

Magus, maybe?

You'd have to use Eldritch Scion there since her INT is... not good, but that's another option, sure. I haven't played around with her very much, or the game at all - I'm waiting for some patches before I really dig in - but that sounds as reasonable as scaled fist monk.

But I wouldn't do it, because I want to play the magus.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I heard she's really beautiful so I might keep her around anyway

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Phlegmish posted:

I heard she's really beautiful so I might keep her around anyway

She's really beautiful.

Lord Koth posted:

Nah, she doesn't remotely act like a paladin, even accounting for this game's aggressively kill-happy interpretation of Lawful Good. She very much acts Lawful, and Lawful alone (outside venturing into Lawful Stupid on multiple occasions - though I do find it funny her Int score actually backs this up). Like, I can think of at least one occasion just off the top of my head where following her suggestions are actually the evil things to do The Goblin Fort - she suggests waiting multiple times on that map while the gobbos do horrible things to captives.

She effectively forces the party into a genocide at one point. I guess Pol Pot was Lawful Good because he was following the law as he saw it, right?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
edit: never mind, alignment chat is the dumbest chat

Prism fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Oct 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Prism posted:

edit: never mind, alignment chat is the dumbest chat

Dude just post I unironically like reading about that stuff