Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Clint is so pissed at himself during that interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Let Aric Win Dammit

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

kidcoelacanth posted:

Let Aric Win Dammit

maybe he shouldn't have pitted for 4 tires on a short run in dover

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I'd call it the stupidest tire strategy of the weekend, but that was clearly forza ferrari

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/1048919904966070272

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Really they should have had a race between Hendrick and FRR on the track on the bikes though.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

That's my NASCAR.

Jenna Fryer tweeted that she wonders how long this Chase Elliott celebration lasts before TMZ posts more breaking news. :lol:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Score one for the photographers.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Kasey Kahne's NASCAR retirement was accelerated:

https://twitter.com/kaseykahne/status/1049670666981728257

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I feel for Kasey. I hope he finds happiness in his post NASCAR life.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That's a real bummer, but it seems like he's on track to do more sprint car stuff so it's not like he's done forever at least.

We've hit a real deluge of dudes I grew up watching retiring here.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

that sucks for Kasey. that 2006 year with the young guy in the #9 kicking everyone's rear end and winning 6 races was an alltimer for me.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Who wants to feel old?

Full-time drivers remaining from 2003: Jimmie, Harvick, Newman, Kurt, McMurray (it's fewer than I thought) :stonk:
2008: Jimmie, Harvick, Clint, Denny, Kyle, MTJ, McMurray, Newman, Kurt, Dinger.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Who wants to feel old?

Full-time drivers remaining from 2003: Jimmie, Harvick, Newman, Kurt, McMurray (it's fewer than I thought) :stonk:
2008: Jimmie, Harvick, Clint, Denny, Kyle, MTJ, McMurray, Newman, Kurt, Dinger.

The really shocking thing is that there are two remaining from F1 in 2003 (Raikkonen and Alonso) and four from ICS/CART (Dixon, Kanaan, Bourdais, RHR). I would've expected NASCAR to have way, way more than those series.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

The Kimoa Kid posted:

The really shocking thing is that there are two remaining from F1 in 2003 (Raikkonen and Alonso) and four from ICS/CART (Dixon, Kanaan, Bourdais, RHR). I would've expected NASCAR to have way, way more than those series.

So I checked ALMS and Grand-Am and they have less full timers left than NASCAR from the full timers then. One thing I'll give, Grand-Am in 03 had maybe 2 or 3 teams tops in each class doing the full year. But barely any of them left.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Alonso left F1 and Ferrari in 2014.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Unless the car was set up near-perfectly, Kahne was trash.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/a_s12/status/1049804325269241856?s=21

Kind of shocked this is how this one turned out, good for Matt though.

(Not shocked about the Toyota thing, that's been a done deal for months.)

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Why pay a good driver when you can have the same performance as 2018 for free?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Good for Matt. Hope Suarez still gets a ride for next year :smith:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Holy poo poo, Knaus and Johnson have broken up: https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/jimmie-johnson-chad-knaus-splitting/3193059/

RIP the last great romance of our time

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

quote:

Knaus will replace Darian Grubb, who will be promoted to technical director, an executive leadership role supporting HMS’ engineering and vehicle development resources.

drat. Knaus still at the grind while Darian "One Time" Grubb gets the office job. With Knaus though it's probably what he prefers.

It'll be a real test of Little Lord Byron with a crew chief that fired up and experienced.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Yeah, can't get excited about Matt "Born on third base and proclaims how he hit a triple" DiBenedetto.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: TRUCKADEGA ON ACTUAL FOX RIGHT NOW GO OUR MAN SPENCE :siren:

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/254674355559211008

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Yeah, can't get excited about Matt "Born on third base and proclaims how he hit a triple" DiBenedetto.

He's interesting because he's using the "try to parlay a personality into a ride" gimmick. In other words, NASConor Daly. To his credit, it worked.

e- What in the hell was that Menards ad? :laffo:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 13, 2018

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

WOW just one big pack over and over and over

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

They showed Spenkler's entire stop, where the h*ck was an uncontrolled tire?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

NO!!! THE 41 :(

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Kurt's car is loving driving sideways lol

e:
https://giant.gfycat.com/AlienatedAdmirableAsianpiedstarling.webm

big nipples big life fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 14, 2018

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

While it would be kinda fun to see SHR just stomp the field, fully expect Harvick to somehow gently caress it up for their whole crew

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

This race is from Charlotte, apparently. Rick Allen just told us so.

maffew buildings posted:

While it would be kinda fun to see SHR just stomp the field, fully expect Harvick to somehow gently caress it up for their whole crew

Almirola has figured out he's gonna have to do his own thing to stay ahead of his teammates if he wants to win this.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

It's pretty impressive that the SHR group of dickheads have stuck to this team strategy so long

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

loving lol at everyone blowing it

Jesus Suarez went 8th to 27th in like 3 laps what the h*ck :/

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 14, 2018

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Menard driving like SHR is paying him.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Welp!

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Coast at the rear of the SHR train all day, have more gas than anyone else, win the race

Good winner but in the worst way

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Hurray for Aric!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

A Good Winner. He should probably have 4 by now, so it's not a fluke.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

There have been some wins I've particularly liked since (Smoke at Sonoma, Larson's first win, Blaney's wins, Elliott choking away Dover and Phoenix last year), but I don't think I've enjoyed a win this much since Gordon retired.

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1051603265207619591

This happens every race, but :3: 10 team.

Makes you wonder how long some of those guys suffered through Danica in that car to get to that point.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Oct 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hey anybody in the area, street stocks and late models at Richmond International saturday. Can't wait to see a cup track infield full of local saturday night guys from Dillon SC

http://www.richmondraceway.com/Tickets/Calendar-of-Events/Row/Events/PASS-Series-Fall-2018.aspx

They put on a hell of a show

https://youtu.be/o5TzpLH52So

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Oct 16, 2018