Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

JEEVES420 posted:

well some of the ingredients you can get through Amazon :v:

Fun fact, if you buy 4 gallons of acetone at one time the BATFE call and ask "whatcha doing?"

Meanwhile if you lie on a form 4473 ~nothing happens~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Coffee And Pie posted:

gently caress me, I completely forgot about that goddamned cursed video.

I've never made it through a single time.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Blue On Blue posted:

Did you have to go on a .... foam adventure?

I bought boring I'm almost 40 adult stuff

Not a golfer but what’s the difference between all the different kinds of balls?

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™
My 9 year old pc died this week.

This is not a gaming pc, but is the best i could get with a lovely Paycheck in a third world country.

2x

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

SpartanIvy posted:

Meanwhile if you lie on a form 4473 ~nothing happens~

well yeah, you told them you're telling the truth so its all good. :downsgun:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

George H.W. oval office posted:

Not a golfer but what’s the difference between all the different kinds of balls?

In my very amateur experience nothing

I usually buy bright balls so they're easier to see in the grass

I've tried super expensive pro tour balls and the cheapest available. They all end up getting lost just the same lol

I'm sure if you're tiger woods (what a killer return!) The ball would make a difference , but he also doesn't pay for any of his gear

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

2017 Gibson Les Paul Studio 60’s Tribute Goldtop
Got it for not much more than an Epiphone.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

George H.W. oval office posted:

It is easier to put spin on your shots if you use the more expensive golf balls. If you aren’t a good player and can’t control the amount of spin on your shots very well, you don’t need this feature.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

ChocNitty posted:

2017 Gibson Les Paul Studio 60’s Tribute Goldtop
Got it for not much more than an Epiphone.

Very nice. I’m still enamored with my new tele but I’m pretty sure a goldtop will be my next guitar purchase. What do you think of the tribute? It seems to be the only option with full size humbuckers that isn’t obscenely expensive. No weight relief, right? Is it crazy heavy?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Lawen posted:

Very nice. I’m still enamored with my new tele but I’m pretty sure a goldtop will be my next guitar purchase. What do you think of the tribute? It seems to be the only option with full size humbuckers that isn’t obscenely expensive. No weight relief, right? Is it crazy heavy?

Tributes are good if you’re good with the colors and satin finish. But the white and black finishes arent very good. The paint comes off fast on those. Gold and honeyburst are best. I like the feel of the satin finish. But a big reason for my purchase is that I found a good deal locally. The seller included both the gig bag and an aftermarket hardshell case. It was only a year old. It was $600.

Mine weighs 8lbs 14oz, my old studio which was a worn brown 2004 was 9lbs 8oz.

I like the baked maple fretboard since I prefer the smoother feel of them and the fact they are dark. I really dont like pale brown fretboards on a Gibson. I’m really happy with the guitar, and I don’t see any reason to spend a grand more for binding and a glossy finish.

I think every guitarist should have a single coil and humbucker guitar. I have one of each, a bass, and acoustic, and thats all I need.

I added the “poker chip” pickup selecter part, nickel input jack plate, original style knobs, and plain truss rod cover. Make it look more vintage spec.

MeatRocket8 has a new favorite as of 06:23 on Sep 30, 2018

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

ChocNitty posted:

I think every guitarist should have a single coil and humbucker guitar. I have one of each, a bass, and acoustic, and thats all I need.

Why stop there? You can get a single coil bass and a humbucker bass. And a 5 string bass. And a 7 string guitar. And and and :shepspends:

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

OniPanda posted:

Why stop there? You can get a single coil bass and a humbucker bass. And a 5 string bass. And a 7 string guitar. And and and :shepspends:

Don't forget a 12 string, a good acoustic, a travel guitar, banjo and mandolin if that speaks to you, a stacked pedalboard, proper amps and cabinets, drumset to gently caress around with, and and :homebrew:

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

ChocNitty posted:

It was $600.

Mine weighs 8lbs 14oz,

Great price and a lot lighter than I expected! Noted for when I start thinking seriously about an LP in a few months. Enjoy it!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I tried going back to guitar after months of obsessive bass practice and it's like a toy now. I put my finger down and cover 3 strings. Playing it is like the Incredible Hulk trying to delicately use a violin.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Cool now I’m on guitar center because buying music stuff rules.

Kinda wanna replace a white Epiphone Les Paul I sold like 8 years ago for gas money. It was so awesome.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
We might have been looking at the same guitar because I just picked this up a couple days ago.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

ddiddles posted:

We might have been looking at the same guitar because I just picked this up a couple days ago.

The gold hardware :allears:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

ddiddles posted:

A few years back I was in a Guitar Center, and I picked up that same guitar as another guy was looking at it. As I was testing it out on an amp, he kept walking by me. Then he asked me if I was going to buy it. When I told him I was, he was pretty disappointed. For the money they’re hard to beat. The alpine white with gold hardware is my fav, next to the ebony with p90’s.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Been wanting an electric for quite some time and finally pulled the trigger when this baby became available for Preorder. The finish has sung its siren song and lulled me in. Plus a sweet amp to go with it.

Link

Link

TraderStav has a new favorite as of 20:57 on Oct 4, 2018

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

TraderStav posted:

Been wanting an electric for quite some time and finally pulled the trigger when this baby became available for Preorder. The finish has sung its siren song and lulled me in. Plus a sweet amp to go with it.

Link

Link

That big 70's headstock is so good. Kind of goofy, but good.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Just bought the 10X version myself. Won't be here for a week but I'm excited.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

TraderStav posted:

Link

Link

That color is gorgeous

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Having read books about the peloponnesian wars, i’m looking forward to how hard they butcher the history, which I don’t mind since its a video game, and I just want to enjoy the gameplay. So far i’m not sure if I like it as much as Origins, the ancient egyptian game.

I ordered this pedal.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm gonna have to buy a PS4 and Red Dead Redemption 2 soon. Also thinking about getting a new TV while I'm at it.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm gonna have to buy a PS4 and Red Dead Redemption 2 soon. Also thinking about getting a new TV while I'm at it.

Why not an XBox One X?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I haven't bought a console since my giant PS3. Is the Xbox One X better? It certainly seems to be winning the stupid name category.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Buy whatever console has the games you want to play. PlayStation is winning this generation on exclusives, but I'm sure there are a few cool exclusives for Xbox (I heard sunset overdrive was p cool)

E. If all your friends have a certain console, definitely get the same console

Brother Tadger has a new favorite as of 02:42 on Oct 8, 2018

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm pretty much only buying it for Red Dead Redemption 2. My buddies all have ps4, so that's why I was leaning that way.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Xbox One was killing it a couple years ago with exclusives, but the past two years have sucked and PS4 has been better for exclusives. But if you havent owned either, i’d check the list of all exclusives both have and choose which one has more games that appeal to you.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I guess I could just buy both of them. I'll eventually get both anyways.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Screw both, get a Switch.

As for what I bought, I picked this up because I'm starting a programming course in a week and needed something to replace the laptop I bought back in 2009.

Case MSI GP63 Leopard, 15.6" Full HD 1920x1080, 120Hz 3ms Wideview 94%NTSC Color Anti-Glare
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-8750H Mobile Processor (6x 2.2GHz, Turbo up to 3.9-4.2GHz)
Memory 16GB [8GB x 2] 2666MHz DDR4 SO-DIMM Laptop Memory - Major Brand [PB]
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 - VR Ready [NB]
M.2 Solid State Drive 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
Primary Hard Drive 1 TB 7200rpm Super Slim Laptop Hard Drive - Single Drive [PB]
Media Card Reader / Writer Built-in SD Memory Card Reader/Writer [Laptop]
Sound Card HD Audio with Dynaudio system - Giant Speakers
Network Card Killer E2400 Gaming Network
Internal Wireless Network Adapter 802.11 a/c Wi-Fi + Bluetooth Combo [M.2] - MSI
Operating System Windows 10 Home (Pre-installed) - 64-bit
USB Ports Built-in 1x USB 3.1 Type C + 3x USB 3.0 Ports [Laptop]
Webcam Built-in HD Digital Web Video Camera [MSI]
Laptop Services Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - Increase Your Cooling Efficiency With Upgraded Thermal Paste
Laptop Services Clean Windows Installation - Necessary Drivers Software Installation Only, No Third-Party Software Added

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

nerdy doormat

giant nerdy mousepad

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I traded in my Switch for a PSVR and I'm still really happy with that decision

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What do you play on it?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Went to REI to buy some socks and there was a sale and I was weak.

Couldn’t find a picture of the socks but they weren’t that special.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Lawen posted:

Atlanta United authentic away jersey

I'll see you at the end of that supporters shield race. Here's hoping you drop or tie one of the last two and we win out.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

Coffee And Pie posted:

I traded in my Switch for a PSVR and I'm still really happy with that decision

All I've ever wanted in life is to play Wipeout 2048 in VR but I cannot justify spending the money to do that so please do it on my behalf.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Rolo posted:

Went to REI to buy some socks and there was a sale and I was weak.

Couldn’t find a picture of the socks but they weren’t that special.

That would all be perfect for my office.

I might need to get rid of the desk though.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dick Trauma posted:

That would all be perfect for my office.

I might need to get rid of the desk though.

Because of the hurricanes, I've seriously thought of getting a folding cot to put in my office in case our house loses power and I need to sleep in the AC in my office again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
No picture because I haven't opened it, but I got the cute mouse/cute robot Playstation VR bundle. It's going to be a Christmas gift for the household this year. Hopefully my husband won't buy one before then, he has an annoying habit of doing that when I'm trying to get shopping done early :saddowns: