Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

after years of almost never playing a champion two games in a row im a kai'sa one trick now. i guess i just had to find a champ i like to play so i dont get bored

I feel like she's a good showcase of how to make a "simple" kit that's still fun to play. She doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but she has a single incredibly important decision point with her ult that will make or break fights depending on how you use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
so is K/DA like a Saint's Row-themed EDM girl-group or what

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

so is K/DA like a Saint's Row-themed EDM girl-group or what

I think it's supposed to be K-pop? My musical tastes are loving video game OSTs, so I can't really say.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It's good that they finally made a K-pop skin for Ahri, it was about time I tell you!

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Man Tencent must have been pressuring Riot really hard on their financials for them to make this skinline.

#day1

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7gVhDxJkQI

I feel like the problem with every new Janna skin is that you look at it and then think, "This isn't Forecast Janna."

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

rabidsquid posted:

after years of almost never playing a champion two games in a row im a kai'sa one trick now. i guess i just had to find a champ i like to play so i dont get bored

At least you're not like me where I'll do dumb gimmicks that may or may not work, so I don't get bored. I've made a number of goons quite unhappy doing it over the years, but sometimes things just click. I got to platinum doing jungle Kassadin, had a blast kickstarting support Sion (back when mpen runes were still a thing), jungle Heimer when your turrets would still farm monsters for you while you were ganking, etc. Just all sorts of dumb random poo poo.

EDIT: They really dropped the ball putting Evelynn in K/DA when they could've put Diana, or even Draven. Darius or Dr. Mundo would be funnier, but don't really fit.

TastyLemonDrops fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Oct 9, 2018

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the fact that theres no kpop support so theres not a kpop full team comp is a drat crime

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

TastyLemonDrops posted:

They really dropped the ball putting Evelynn in K/DA when they could've put Diana, or even Draven. Darius or Dr. Mundo would be funnier, but don't really fit.

I mean, K-Pop Draven would look funny, but it'd hardly be a best seller, and Diana's been about as popular as the flu for what feels like years. The thing Evelynn, Ahri, Kai'Sa, and Akali all have in common is that they're popular, well-liked champions with a lot of sex appeal, and are therefore going to sell K-pop skins like hotcakes.

rabidsquid posted:

the fact that theres no kpop support so theres not a kpop full team comp is a drat crime

You could sort of pretend DJ Sona's with them...?

Vermain fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 9, 2018

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Vermain posted:

I mean, K-Pop Draven would look funny, but it'd hardly be a best seller, and Diana's been about as popular as the flu for what feels like years. The thing Evelynn, Ahri, Kai'Sa, and Akali all have in common is that they're popular, well-liked champions with a lot of sex appeal, and are therefore going to sell K-pop skins like hotcakes.

It's more that the names would match up with KDA than anything. But vOv

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Kpop groups are all one gender, needs to come in a separate release of a kpop boy band DUH

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Still waiting for my 80s hair metal band skin line with Rengar and Taric and I haven't figured out who else would be in that group

Boy howdy though a third Korea themed Ahri skin!!!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Servaetes posted:

Still waiting for my 80s hair metal band skin line with Rengar and Taric and I haven't figured out who else would be in that group

Boy howdy though a third Korea themed Ahri skin!!!

Headbanger Mundo, Frontman Tryndamere, 2008 Mordenkaiser...?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
There's already a line of metal skins. Give me post-punk skins Riot. Let me play as Karthus but he looks like Ian Curtis.

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Oct 10, 2018

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Hair metal is extremely different from the kind of metal Pentakill is doing!

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

kingcobweb posted:

There's already a line of metal skins. Give me post-punk skins Riot. Let me play as Karthus but he looks like Ian Curtis.

Siouxsie and the Banshees Morgana
Robert Smith Heimerdinger or Amumu (i guess emumu already exists though)
Ziggy Stardust Rakan

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

saltylopez posted:

Ziggy Stardust Rakan
I NEED THIS

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

public image limited singed

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The Darkness Vlad, Neal Peart Rumble, Prince Lucian...?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

public image limited singed

*starts proxying from level one* this is not a lane phase

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

The Darkness Vlad, Neal Peart Rumble, Prince Lucian...?

Change Vlad to Peter Murphy and I'm all for it

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
lost prophets lead singer fiddlesticks

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Jimi hendrix heimerdinger

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Kurt Cobain Graves

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

courtney cox arquette akali

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Leland sklar just like whoever, I don't care, pick any old champion.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

courtney cox arquette akali

Van down by the river Gragas

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ToxicSlurpee posted:

duh

Zilean

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

tekashi69 illaoi

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Every time I don't ban Akali under the assumption that the enemy team will ban her and they pick her instead I regret it

Back to permaban status, most cancerous champ in the game atm

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Mystery Prize posted:

Every time I don't ban Akali under the assumption that the enemy team will ban her and they pick her instead I regret it

Back to permaban status, most cancerous champ in the game atm

Haha I actually probably had my most tilted game yesterday due to an akali. So much of her design just boggles my mind how riot think it's okay.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

akali is really fun and has a 48% winrate

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Sorta wondering how ezreal's new W got through testing to live.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well you assumed they tested anything.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Yeah that new W is absolutely bonkers. It took him from C-tied to A-tier alone.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
W had a lot of hidden tower pushing and objective utility; midgame if you get an early ace you can give 20%-80% ASOS to your team, and lategame you can give 40%-160% asps which is a TON. Now that it’s gone, it having better combat utility in exchange for less macro strength is a good thing.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Leland sklarner

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Freddie Mercury Bohemian Rhapsody Viktor (or Azir with the band members as soldiers)

e: the name works better

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
ok who wants to do this when it gets to NA

https://twitter.com/draggles/status/1050158038370279424?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

its curtains for Kevin posted:

W had a lot of hidden tower pushing and objective utility; midgame if you get an early ace you can give 20%-80% ASOS to your team, and lategame you can give 40%-160% asps which is a TON. Now that it’s gone, it having better combat utility in exchange for less macro strength is a good thing.

yeah, his w was the most underrated part of his kit earlier, especially with how ap champion tower damage works