Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Navarre Abyssal down in two tries. I'm starting to think the reinforcements are mandatory for a true abyssal difficulty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yaNBnX8hks

A nice demonstration of how good Vantage + Pain is at cheesing content

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I had more trouble with Navarre then Narcian, which surprised me since Navarre is definitely the easier map otherwise. Had to keep barely kiting units around to pick them off and then Navarre needed constant plinking away. So much hp......

https://twitter.com/Ippei_painter/status/1049540386799026176

Natalie will be the next legendary hero

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Tae posted:

Did they update the lite version yet?

It's in there.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

rannum posted:

I had more trouble with Navarre then Narcian, which surprised me since Navarre is definitely the easier map otherwise. Had to keep barely kiting units around to pick them off and then Navarre needed constant plinking away. So much hp......

I did a similar strat, except I used Special Spiral Ophelia with Blazing Flame. So it became less plinking and more Megumin style EXPLOSION. Still, it wasn't enough to 1-shot Navarre, so some tactical retreating was in order to beat this map.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Navarre was one of those maps that folded hard to a Gravity staff

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

In the last six months, we've had as many new infantry swords on banners (7) than all the new armors and all the new dragons on banners combined (7).

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

When the armors are obviously pushed whale bait garbage you bet I�m complaining about it

Also comparing infantry vs. armor is kind of dumb when infantry is by far the most common unit type in FE.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 9, 2018

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Andrast posted:

Navarre was one of those maps that folded hard to a Gravity staff

Could you describe your strat? I've been banging my head against that rear end in a top hat with a mix of fliers and a Gravity healer (Maribelle in my case) and I keep getting swarmed and killed eventually.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

Could you describe your strat? I've been banging my head against that rear end in a top hat with a mix of fliers and a Gravity healer (Maribelle in my case) and I keep getting swarmed and killed eventually.

My strat isn’t very applicable to you since I just used Genny’s gravity to funnel the enemies into Fae/FCorrin at a controlled pace

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
3623 probably isn't enough for T21 but after 40 swords and no matches above 734 (despite the possible range being 724-738), I gave up

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

3623 probably isn't enough for T21 but after 40 swords and no matches above 734 (despite the possible range being 724-738), I gave up

Do you mean 3723? I think that might be enough if my previous scores that have gotten to T21 are any indication.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Andrast posted:

My strat isn�t very applicable to you since I just used Genny�s gravity to funnel the enemies into Fae/FCorrin at a controlled pace

Hmm. Well I have Maribelle (Wrazzle Dazzle) and I do have dragons, so I might be able to use that? Did you also have a dancer?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Andrast posted:

Do you mean 3723? I think that might be enough if my previous scores that have gotten to T21 are any indication.

yeah 3723

it's still hella rude and also a lot of people are using their +10 L Tikis already so the threshold might be going up

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

Hmm. Well I have Maribelle (Wrazzle Dazzle) and I do have dragons, so I might be able to use that? Did you also have a dancer?

Nah I just repo’d her away or used someone to block the way

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

yeah 3723

it's still hella rude and also a lot of people are using their +10 L Tikis already so the threshold might be going up

The people with +10 LTikis are the ones fighting to stay in tier T21, not to get into it. It’s more likely that you (and me) are competing against other people with three project units + a bonus unit

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Hmm and I guess most of the bonus units this week (except maybe helbindi?) are pretty bad at taking her out for the bonus points too. Still, you know how the score creeps up every week. I thought my 3733 two weeks ago was pretty close to the crown cut-off but maybe I'm mistaken

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

yeah 3723

3723 wasn't enough last week but that's because it was Fjorm Water week. I think you're probably more than fine this week.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

what the hell are people doing

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Nages posted:

their best

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

it's not good

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Alright, Abyssal Navarre completed. Ended up swapping out Fjorm for Blue Hector after beating my head against the wall a few times, but everything came together once I did.

Ninjas, the axe guy and the healer all got baited into the trees and died against A!Tiki, Hector stood in the open path and killed the blue dragon and Navarre. Veronica stood around to provide defensive and offensive buffs to the two of them, between her base C skill and a Drive Atk seal (plus healed Hector after the dragon and round 1 against Navarre), and P!Azura shifted who I needed to around.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 9, 2018

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Abyssal Navarre is an abyssal map with forests and space to move in.

Cordelia galeforced the entire thing.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

I like how they keep upping their anti reinhardt tech on these maps and it keeps not mattering to him

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Nages posted:

making sure their core team member doesn't snipe bonus unit kills

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

golden bubble posted:

In the last six months, we've had as many new infantry swords on banners (7) than all the new armors and all the new dragons on banners combined (7).

Counterstatistics: The last armor that dropped from 5* only was. Uh. No one, ever. Literally the only armors who have ever dropped in rarity are Effie and Sheena going from 4-5* to 3-4* during the mass demotion. Out of 29 armors in the game (counting the new 4), 20 are 5* exclusive (13 of which are seasonal or legendary), and 5 are Tempest/GHB only, leaving exactly 4 who are both readily accessible and not hardcapped on number of merges.

The last dragon to drop from 5* only was also no one, ever. Nowi and Fae went from 4-5* to 3-4* in the mass demotion, that's it. 15 total dragons (counting Halloween Myrrh), 9 5* exclusive (4 of those seasonal or legendary), and 2 that are GHB only, again leaving 4 accessible dragons with no merge cap.

Meanwhile, there are 42 infantry swords in the game, and the most recent drop from 5* was Silvia just a couple weeks ago. 18 are 5* only (2 of them legendary, no seasonals), and 6 are GHB/Tempest/Alfonse, leaving 18 who are rollable at 3-4* or 4-5* and have no merge cap.

There may be more sword infantry than dragons/armors/armored dragons being added, but in terms of actual ratios within categories, dragons and armors are disproportionately whalebait, and armored dragons are 100% exclusively whalebait.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Andrast posted:

Nah I just repo�d her away or used someone to block the way

I experimented with my own dragons and healers and I GOT IT! Managed it with Tiki, Nowi, Prissy, and Axzura. Lots of Drive Res/Def stacking, and Fortify Dragons. I use Prissy to keep Navarre from merking Tiki instead of plinking (mostly) harmlessly into Nowi.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I dont see any reason they cant just make and drop some regular rear end armor dudes like Gatrie or Valbar and just give them non prf weapons and 169 bst with a superboon

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

This was a 3% pull!!

I got 3 Deirdres and a Lute off this banner, so I think I'll call it there. Wish those Deirdres had been Sonyas, but it's still pretty good.

Their current status:

I took summoner support off Lute since she's not on my arena team any more with those low merges (I miss the ploys :( ) but she's still great. I need to give Deirdre Res and Atk Ploy to replace Spd I think.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

I also put my Clarine in my top slot to help people out with the 3 Heroes quests:

Friend code is 9228288644 if by some miracle you don't have me yet...

sent you a request. I'm the +10 serra. I really need orbs for tomorrow so I gotta do this quest

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

mabels big day posted:

sent you a request. I'm the +10 serra. I really need orbs for tomorrow so I gotta do this quest

Gotcha, boss! Sorry, I am not observant. Gravity bomb away!

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Andrast posted:

When the armors are obviously pushed whale bait garbage you bet I�m complaining about it

Also comparing infantry vs. armor is kind of dumb when infantry is by far the most common unit type in FE.

I'm of the opinion that it's better that they make good units rather than bad units. If that makes good units "whale bait" so be it. People would complain that a bad unit is making GBS threads up the 5* pool if they dumped a bunch of bad Armor units on us. And I need a unit to go with L!Hector since I'm keeping W!Tharja and W!Robin together. So I'm totally down for trying to get Myrrh.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Trihugger posted:

I'm of the opinion that it's better that they make good units rather than bad units. If that makes good units "whale bait" so be it. People would complain that a bad unit is making GBS threads up the 5* pool if they dumped a bunch of bad Armor units on us. And I need a unit to go with L!Hector since I'm keeping W!Tharja and W!Robin together. So I'm totally down for trying to get Myrrh.

Theres a difference between good unit and way better than anything that came before especially if those units are left as 5* only legendaries/seasonals

Wouldn’t it be nice if we had a fine mergeable 4* armored red tome user

Andrast fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Oct 10, 2018

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'd be okay if they just did more demotions. The New Hotness is fine but what I want are multimerge options that are also good as well as available fodder.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'd be okay if they just did more demotions. The New Hotness is fine but what I want are multimerge options that are also good as well as available fodder.

Yeah thats what we are really lacking.

Like why does the mage armor slot need to be 5* seasonal exclusive?

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Andrast posted:

Theres a difference between good unit and way better than anything that came before especially if those units are left as 5* only legendaries/seasonals

Well, the same thing can be said about non-Armored units too. A lot of people struggle to beat Abyssal level content, but I don't see a lot of people reaching for all-Armor teams. Outside of Arena scoring shenanigans, are these new Armors really any better than Fliers, Horses or Infantry? Veronica is considered the best CYL2 unit and she's a Horse unit.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Armors are pretty bad on defense, despite reddit's obsession with how OP they are.

They're okay in the player's hands.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Trihugger posted:

Well, the same thing can be said about non-Armored units too. A lot of people struggle to beat Abyssal level content, but I don't see a lot of people reaching for all-Armor teams. Outside of Arena scoring shenanigans, are these new Armors really any better than Fliers, Horses or Infantry? Veronica is considered the best CYL2 unit and she's a Horse unit.

The new ones? They absolutely get way more broken skills than other unit types.

The pushed units are armors solely because of the terrible arena scoring system that requires you to use armors at the top, which is unsurprisingly what the whales then do.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

It's bad enough that we got 1 demotion per banner but it is double frustrating that even on 4-character banners it's still 1 demote and 3 5*s
stop that!
it's stupid and dumb!

And while I get it and even in a normal-demotion-banner universe I can't see them doing it, all 5* permanent banners are kind of frustrating too. Like of course they're never going to drop down the Brave Units or Muspell GEnerals but please do exactly that, actually.
Same with the Farfetched Heroes and Fallen Heroes banner not dropping anyone

There is a not insignificant chance that Libra is the only green demote we get all year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Every unit is being pushed because this is a waifu collection game.