Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Truant posted:

Last best episode I thought was when Rick's blonde boo and her idiot kid got the gently caress eaten out of them

I couldn't get past the horrific continuity with that scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Blazing Ownager posted:

MT did you make a GIF of this scene? It was just :psyduck: how they had all the time in the world to try and calm Sam down then like half a dozen zombies teleport in and start chomping on him.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Gortarius posted:

Wow, that was wretched.

I happened to watch some spanish dubbed one on youtube since they probably don't even show this poo poo here anymore, and I didn't understand a word and just skimmed through it all. Their stupidity transcends spoken language though.

Here's is a glass floor trap, it won't hold, we all know it won't hold, we don't need to go across it, let's try to go across it. There wasn't even any pay off. Half of them falling down into the pit would have at least been remotely interesting but no, of course not.

What the hell was the no-name poo poo kid trying to do, free the horse? Salvage a piece of their worthless antique equipment? Furthermore, how was it that they can't take on 20 zombies as a group? They loving bolted out of there like a bunch of pussies. Rick alone killed a 100 zombies or so on his own back when Carl's eye got blown off and Rick entered his hellrage battler mode to get revenge.

Speaking of bolting, was the House Bolton crucifix supposed to be a scarecrow? It was almost clever but Darl just had to ruin it...

EDIT:

The synopsis for season 5 through 8, from memory, is that:

Season 5:

- They execute some cannibals
- A priest joins the party
- Beth kills herself in a highly debated and bafflingly choreographed scene
- Maggie almost remembers Beth exists
- They get thirsty and hungry and wander into a barn and a really cheesy teamwork scene plays out while they are in a storm
- They wander off into a lovely town full of sheltered idiots

Season 6:

- Somewhere around here the big black dude with the hammer and the hat commits suicide via idiocy
- A crippled youngster they rescued from fake-cops gets devoured in the only clever setups in the whole series
- They kill off an engineer and the only doctor they have because Rick is an idiot
- Rick finds a quarry full of trapped zombies, but they do not set them on fire as suggested by many...
- Rick makes a highly lovely racing track for the zombies to walk through as to avoid them walking into Alexandria
- The zombies walk into Alexandria
- Highly baffling deaths occur, and Alexandria is also attacked by some brigands
- Glenn dumpster fiasco
- Everyone who originally lived in the town has been killed off via Rick's incompetence
- Maggie realizes she is in The Walking Dead and needs to be rushed to a doctor ASAP

Season 7: (Didn't watch most of this season)

- Negan and his incredible plot armor appear
- Glenn turns into beefaroni
- Rick is shook for the 67th time in the show and his morale is busted
- There's people living in a junkyard
- Rick fights the Mouth of Sauron
- Ends with epic phalanx action, and Darl barking out commands that are in a language not known to man

Season 8:

- War!
- Jim Carrey takes The King or whatever the gently caress his name is as captive
- CGI tiger dies and it's supposed to be tragic
- War!
- Epic highspeed car chase
- War!
- Eugene's long con finally pays off

drat, I watched every episode and don’t remember half that, maybe I have PTSD and blocked it out.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Blazing Ownager posted:

yeah but that awful writing ended up in that shitforbrains kid and his bland mom getting eaten, so I'm cool with it :shrug:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

LadyPictureShow posted:

MT did you make a GIF of this scene? It was just :psyduck: how they had all the time in the world to try and calm Sam down then like half a dozen zombies teleport in and start chomping on him.

it doesn't show it well but i do have this one

i think this was before gifV so a lot of my focus was on gif optimization to say below 7ish megs

https://i.imgur.com/QBoibyA.gifv

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

just gonna stand here and watch my kids head get eaten like an apple :clint:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Blazing Ownager posted:

The best episode I can remember was when they flip the script on the Cannibals and they go from season big bads to hacked up in a church. That episode was gold. I can't think of a single other one. Honestly the whole little 3-episode arc of them getting captured and escaping the cannibals was pretty great.

ED: Morgan dragged it down but the Wolves attack episode was also a lot of fun. Badass unassuming Carol was the best Carol and both episodes have that.

Totally agree. This also contained the "Morgan is coming" tease that was really cool until he actually got there and was pacifist monk guy. I also liked the darkness of "look at the flowers". The show steadily declined after this, some Alexandria stuff was cool but the past two seasons have been horrible.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

tomapot posted:

drat, I watched every episode and don�t remember half that, maybe I have PTSD and blocked it out.

Lmao same. I even thought seasons 7 and 8 were just one season.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
My predictions for the plot points this season:

- Negan escapes at some point
- Those whisper idiots displayed in many trailers and teasers show up and are really dumb
- Someone gets kidnapped
- Darl and Maggie try to kill Negan and end up loving everything up, this could be before or after he escapes, or both
- Those 10000 people living in the old Saviors HQ revolt and are put down and it will be a "tough moral choice we had to make"
- black people get killed
- doctors get killed

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I feel like this doctor will survive something amazing but then die to a brown recluse or black widow or some poo poo

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

moist turtleneck posted:

it doesn't show it well but i do have this one

i think this was before gifV so a lot of my focus was on gif optimization to say below 7ish megs

https://i.imgur.com/QBoibyA.gifv

That shows it pretty well, honestly. Where did they come from? How did nobody see them coming?!

There has to be a compilation of all the zombie teleports/sneak attacks in the show on YouTube or something.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I think the horse should become a serial killer.

A blood-chilling scream is heard in the dark of the night. Rick and others rush to the scene.

Bloody hoof prints imprinted on mangled carcasses that are littering the streets of Alexandria, drenched in fresh blood, and an echo of a horse's laugh retreating into the shadows.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
They should just have Negan take over as leader after Rick.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

They should just have Negan take over as leader after Rick.

They should just have Shane show up and say "Turns out I wasn't dead." and he can lead them for all it matters.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Shane fucks Michonne

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

LadyPictureShow posted:

I liked FTWD's version of that scene better when Nick and Troy are high and Nick is trying to show him how to blend in with zombies but just starts having a meltdown about not wanting to go back to his mom instead, and Troy has to keep him calm so they don't get immediately swarmed & eaten.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Gortarius posted:

My predictions for the plot points this season:

- Negan escapes at some point
- Those whisper idiots displayed in many trailers and teasers show up and are really dumb
- Someone gets kidnapped
- Darl and Maggie try to kill Negan and end up loving everything up, this could be before or after he escapes, or both
- Those 10000 people living in the old Saviors HQ revolt and are put down and it will be a "tough moral choice we had to make"
- black people get killed
- doctors get killed

Considering they took the last doctor in the world with them on the museum run, this feels all but certain.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I came on rumors that a major character was finally going to die (not sure on the spoiler policy, been a while since posting) and was sorely let down that the mystery helicopter did not fly in and free Negan, his former Seal Team Six buddies rappelling down and bringing back the horrible CDC plot just to really drive this show home.

If I've gained nothing else form this show, me and my father now communicate 50% of the time with an intermittent pattern of Negan-y Rick expressions. The Walking Dead is about family.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Hope you don't hurt your back

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Did they ever resolve the Wolf plotline? Pacifist phase Morgan let a bunch of them go after the attack (with some of their guns even!) and I'm positive we've never heard anything from them again.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

galagazombie posted:

Did they ever resolve the Wolf plotline? Pacifist phase Morgan let a bunch of them go after the attack (with some of their guns even!) and I'm positive we've never heard anything from them again.

Rick was driving around in the RV after his incredibly poo poo zombie race track plan went south, ran into some technical difficulties and then brasted all the wolves through the RV walls with an assault rifle.

Morgan captured the serial killer wolf, tried to pacify him by telling him bed time stories, Carol found out and then he and Morgan fought for custody and the wolf escaped by taking a hostage, and finally, at the last 3 seconds of his life the wolf turned into a "good person" and Carol killed him.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Lmao I completely forgot about the Wolves

Funny to think that Terminus, all things considered, was one of the best plots the show has had in retrospect.

I also forgot about the incredibly stupid way Beth killed herself. I legit liked her character and still love the "Up the Wolves" episode with Darryl

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Imagine that. The Wolves and The Saviors somehow running around the same area loving with various groups but never running into each other.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

precision posted:

Lmao I completely forgot about the Wolves

Funny to think that Terminus, all things considered, was one of the best plots the show has had in retrospect.

I also forgot about the incredibly stupid way Beth killed herself. I legit liked her character and still love the "Up the Wolves" episode with Darryl

Beth's death episode is possibly the dumbest hour of television this show ever produced, and that's quite the accomplishment. They took a decent character and gave her a death more meaningless than Sophia's.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Whelp, I'm rewatching this show from the start and in s1e02 GuTz we have many characters. Many characters whom i don't give a toss about because I know they'll die. I feel this show's formula makes it bad for rewatches. oh well!

Rick uses the n word in this episode too. also, a gratuitous sex scene which doesn't seem to stick as a feature of the show.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Episode 2 is when it is established that zombies can run and climb fences

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

And ladders, and that they can try to open doors...

:sigh:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I still love in ftwd that Morgan just gawks at the zombies in the windows instead of hiding so the zombies get bored and walk off

Gotta rile these deadbeats up so they break the glass and make drama

lol I think episode two is also where a zombie uses a brick to break open the sports store

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

precision posted:

I will never, ever let go the fact she gets shot from under the chin then a bullet wound appears in her forehead. It's the dumbest nitpick but just to me shows the utterly laziness of everyone involved.

ED: Nobody believed me for a while back in the day. Maybe I'll try to make a slow mo gif of it.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Blazing Ownager posted:

I will never, ever let go the fact she gets shot from under the chin then a bullet wound appears in her forehead. It's the dumbest nitpick but just to me shows the utterly laziness of everyone involved.

ED: Nobody believed me for a while back in the day. Maybe I'll try to make a slow mo gif of it.

How 'bout screen caps?

(TBF, Tyreese was hallucinating during this scene, so maybe he's to blame...)

An ad for the new season came on when we were finishing Lodge 49, my boyfriend said 'Wait, that bad guy is still alive? What the Hell?'
I just laughed.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

so the entry wound is on her forehead and the exit wound is in the posterior of her head when the gun was under her chin :thunk:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Johnny Truant posted:

so the entry wound is on her forehead and the exit wound is in the posterior of her head when the gun was under her chin :thunk:

And there's a slug in the entry wound still. Lol.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Beth's death and the lazy followup on it was the nail, and then Noah's end was the hammer. I just stopped giving a poo poo about the show's characters after that.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Noah's death was cool though right

He died because someone was rightfully scared

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Man, Noah's death was a really good scene. Maybe it's because the rest of the show is so bad, but to me that revolving door trap setup was really good.

Iirc Glenn and Noah had the gun's but they didn't have any bullets left, whereas the coward guy had ammo on him but no gun. I forget if he lost his gun or how that came to be but whatever. Glenn tried to be so reasonable and tried to, for the first time in the series, act logically and try to keep everyone calm and focused and break the glass since they couldn't brast it. But the coward was freaking out every time the door even slightly moved, rightfully so.

The setup was good because it was just some supply raid that had gone to hell because someone who thought too much of themselves messed up. They panic and get trapped inside the revolving doors it was good and believable. Them trying to get out of there was good and believable, and then it had a really good payoff.

It must've been written and directed by some intern or a janitor or something because the actual writers and directors haven't managed to pull off anything close to that good before or since then. The rest of the show is just them making awful cheesy speeches on the streets of alexandria and traveling to the other side of the planet to get a wagon and dragging it over a glass floor that everyone could tell is a super bad idea long before they ever stepped on it, getting spooked by 20 zombies but then running back to kill them off with zero trouble.

PS: I also can never forgive them for how poorly done Bet's death was, and the infamous Van Flip a few episodes before that. I will never get over those.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'll have to find the ep but I think the Noah's death episode was David Lynch's kid or something crazy

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Hahahaha holy poo poo it was her, but I didn't know she was responsible for Boxing Helena so I have mixed feelings now

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Lynch is also responsible for the cool Wolf attack/turtle eating episode

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4452400/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_24

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Lynch is also responsible for the cool Wolf attack/turtle eating episode

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4452400/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_24

that was a good episode too

it's also amusing that that specific episode showed how Enid is pretty badass... only to have her be unable to just knife Maggie's attacker instantly and instead get put in a wheelchair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

moist turtleneck posted:

Hahahaha holy poo poo it was her, but I didn't know she was responsible for Boxing Helena so I have mixed feelings now

I haven't watched it in like 20 years but I recall enjoying Boxing Helena

Also the biggest shark jump moment for the show has got to be The Dumpster