Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

If weed isn't legalised then testing to see if you've had it in your system at any point is valid, I guess

If it were legalised they'd have to change to measuring impairment level in some way

In Vic it's two warnings before you're in trouble, so why isn't it a warning if I'm not impaired but get done. It's a stupid rule and a stupid test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Lol LNP Wentworth candidate just publicly disagreed with ScoMo.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Cartoon posted:

All that does in put the right of approval at the Federal level. So yeah. Not actually banned. That's called regulated.

Third pro nuke talking bullshit. I'm seeing a pattern.

Lol all I did was read a wikipedia article. I'm not trying to find any deep converts on this forum. Kinda wound up seeing conspiracy in this.

I'm coming for your uranium, gonna use it to jumpstart a series of MSRs for hydrogen production and desalination. And you can't stop my dastardly plan.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Anidav posted:

Lol LNP Wentworth candidate just publicly disagreed with ScoMo.

“We’re a broad church etc.”

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Dude McAwesome posted:

�We�re a broad church etc.�

What the hell is going on with quotation marks on this forum at the moment?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Aurubin posted:

Lol all I did was read a wikipedia article. I'm not trying to find any deep converts on this forum. Kinda wound up seeing conspiracy in this.

I'm coming for your uranium, gonna use it to jumpstart a series of MSRs for hydrogen production and desalination. And you can't stop my dastardly plan.

"someone" would poo poo in the foundations and ruin the concrete and stop your dastardly plan

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

You Am I posted:

HE COMES

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

You Am I posted:

Seems to be some incompatibility between the forums and Apple devices.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

JBP posted:

In Vic it's two warnings before you're in trouble, so why isn't it a warning if I'm not impaired but get done. It's a stupid rule and a stupid test.

Fair enough

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I'm using chrome on a windows desktop and they're still hosed up

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
At last we know who the fools are who have been sucked into the worthless Apple vortex. Muhahahahahaha.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

NTRabbit posted:

I'm using chrome on a windows desktop and they're still hosed up

No, they're generated by posts made via apple devices. Seemingly.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Firefox on Windows and still hosed up yeah.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Stoca Zola posted:

Looks like he�s just holding it and doesn�t know what to do with it.

Watching politicians take awkward sips of pots of beer, (it's almost always a pot), in a country pub as they awkwardly try to gladhand and appear relatable is one of my favourite things.

Completely unrelated: Given how the LNP is going full force head on into religious fundamentalism, are they going to try and court the new African migrants, a lot opf whom, like Lucy Gichuhi, are crazy weirdo Christian fundies. If I remember rightly, this had an effect in the same sex marriage vote, where a bunch of newly arrived migrant areas had higher than average No votes.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I will vote for the next politician I see grab a pot and drink 1/3rd of it in one go, then say "ah, not bad".

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I will then vote for the politician who in response necks the whole beer and says "the piss always tastes good when it's free".

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
I feel like this is more a pay problem than a labour problem.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

JBP posted:

I will vote for the next politician I see grab a pot and drink 1/3rd of it in one go, then say "ah, not bad".

*Sally McManus strides into the room, flanked by Michele O'Neil and former president-cum-ALP MP Ged Kearny*

"Pint. Coopers."

And a hero was born.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So great we got marriage equality just in time for federally approved, nation-wide discrimination of LGBTI peoples.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Don Dongington posted:

*Sally McManus strides into the room, flanked by Michele O'Neil and former president-cum-ALP MP Ged Kearny*

"Pint. Coopers."

And a hero was born.

Yeah, nothing is more heroic than her change in position regarding refugees since she joined the ALP. A real god drat hero.

That sweet paycheck must compensate nicely for selling out on her ideals.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Megillah Gorilla posted:

So great we got marriage equality just in time for federally approved, nation-wide discrimination of LGBTI peoples.

You can't give any rights to LGBTI people without giving more rights to conservatives to discriminate! That's just how quid pro quo works!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1049896309048664064/video/1

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Dude McAwesome posted:

Yeah, nothing is more heroic than her change in position regarding refugees since she joined the ALP. A real god drat hero.

That sweet paycheck must compensate nicely for selling out on her ideals.

:chloe:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Don Dongington posted:

"Pint. Coopers."

And a hero was born.

*crowd turns on McManus for ordering Coopers due to their behavior during the marriage equality vote*

*LNP elected for another 4 terms*

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Coopers are anti-union arseholes.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Sally buys four X

Bullet Proof
Sep 3, 2006
Young Henry's pay above award rates and don't care if we drink on shift, it's the only beer people should drink

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Two Birds is owned and opperated by women and have a beer called Taco Beer.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

two birds sunset ale owns

Bullet Proof
Sep 3, 2006
Taco beer sounds gross but I really wanna try one now

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/na...f9f6192d02cd792

"Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has dismissed climate scientists’ calls for the worldwide elimination of coal-fired power within 32 years, ­reaffirming support for Adani’s proposed 60-year coalmine if it stacks up financially. This week, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change predicted with “very high confidence” that coral reefs would decline by 70-90 per cent if global warming exceeded 1.5C above pre-industrial levels.

Global emissions would need to halve by about 2030 and reach “net zero” by 2050 to prevent warming of that magnitude, the IPCC said. Ms Palaszczuk, when asked about the IPCC warning yesterday, defended her government’s willingness to export coal around the world."

gently caress. Uh let me re-evaluate every position I have BRB.

Nanpa
Apr 24, 2007
Nap Ghost

hooman posted:

Uhhhhh...

I think only ScreamingLlama is a democrat die hard in this thread. I was under the impression thread consensus was that they were idiots for caving on the GST and a perfect example of useless centrists.

This information on nuclear also certainly doesn't help my view of them.

It's a joke.

Cartoon posted:

All that does in put the right of approval at the Federal level. So yeah. Not actually banned. That's called regulated.

Third pro nuke talking bullshit. I'm seeing a pattern.

The right by the Minister to approve for nuclear power or fuel processing is literally banned by the act.

section 140a posted:

140A No approval for certain nuclear installations
The Minister must not approve an action consisting of or involving
the construction or operation of any of the following nuclear
installations:
(a) a nuclear fuel fabrication plant;
(b) a nuclear power plant;
(c) an enrichment plant;
(d) a reprocessing facility.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

JBP posted:

Coopers are anti-union arseholes.

Oh, really? I like Coopers, drat

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
Ugh.

This whole IPCC thing has brought literally the worst people out.

I wish we could take down names and ensure when things get terrible they're the first against the wall.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
EDIT: ^^^^ they're old or don't care, there will never be consequences for anyone who is complicit in destroying our literal home.

Nanpa posted:

It's a joke.

Whoosh was the sound of that going straight over my head.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Bullet Proof posted:

Taco beer sounds gross but I really wanna try one now

Taco Bird Memorial Beer

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Anidav posted:

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/na...f9f6192d02cd792

"Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has dismissed climate scientists’ calls for the worldwide elimination of coal-fired power within 32 years, ­reaffirming support for Adani’s proposed 60-year coalmine if it stacks up financially. This week, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change predicted with “very high confidence” that coral reefs would decline by 70-90 per cent if global warming exceeded 1.5C above pre-industrial levels.

Global emissions would need to halve by about 2030 and reach “net zero” by 2050 to prevent warming of that magnitude, the IPCC said. Ms Palaszczuk, when asked about the IPCC warning yesterday, defended her government’s willingness to export coal around the world."

gently caress. Uh let me re-evaluate every position I have BRB.

Halving emissions in 12 years and net 0 emissions in 32 years are a hilarious pipe dream.

Sappy Fingers
Jun 16, 2006

vlc owns sorry wrongs

Anidav posted:

It's the same thing as this but online, people aren't clicking on articles to read them anymore but to find people to agree with in the comments section to confirm their opinions are correct.
this but the entirety of online discussion including D&D

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Racing NSW, having achieved their goal of getting massive CHUD publicity for Everest, will not advertise on the Opera House again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

MysticalMachineGun posted:

You can't give any rights to LGBTI people without giving more rights to conservatives to discriminate! That's just how quid pro quo works!

"Zero sum" is how far too many people see things like human rights.

• Locked thread