Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

My Lovely Horse posted:

definitely don't use the vanilla version of anything on mac and cheese

Confession: a few years back, I was "making" some prepackaged mac 'n cheese and I think we didn't have enough milk or something. But we did have one of those International Delight coffee creamers. It was called "Vanilla Heat". I used that instead of milk.

It was good.

(I'm actually more ashamed of having International Delight coffee creamer in the first place than I am of that flavor combination.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arban
Aug 28, 2017

Aunt Beth posted:

Brain freeze-proof ice cream. Genius.

:hmmyes:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Sir Lemming posted:

"Vanilla Heat".

The gently caress?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Zipperelli. posted:

The gently caress?
Hot and Sweet can be a good combo like Sweet and Salty.

Try some mexican brownies!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cage posted:

The sad part being that Vanilla Heat tasted less like vanilla and more like eggnog with chili pepper.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Cage posted:

Oh, I'm aware. I've mixed in a tiny bit of cayenne pepper into chocolate cookie mix to make a "spiced hot chocolate" cookie, and it was delicious, but my mind can't in good faith combine vanilla and heat into something I would enjoy.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I kept reading "Vanilla Heart" and was kind of confused where the spice conversation popped out from.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Vanilla Heat was Vanilla Ice's rarely remembered rival.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zipperelli. posted:

Oh, I'm aware. I've mixed in a tiny bit of cayenne pepper into chocolate cookie mix to make a "spiced hot chocolate" cookie, and it was delicious, but my mind can't in good faith combine vanilla and heat into something I would enjoy.

The Aztecs drank their chocolate seasoned with vanilla and hot peppers, from what I understand.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Isn't there almost always vanilla wherever you use chocolate? Cocoa, cookies, I'd have vanilla in those. Seems like it does just fine with spice.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Sir Lemming posted:

Confession: a few years back, I was "making" some prepackaged mac 'n cheese and I think we didn't have enough milk or something. But we did have one of those International Delight coffee creamers. It was called "Vanilla Heat". I used that instead of milk.

It was good.

(I'm actually more ashamed of having International Delight coffee creamer in the first place than I am of that flavor combination.)

If you think a bit of vanilla in a Mac and cheese is a wild combo then South Korea has some loving curve balls for you

Cheddar cheese donuts are definitely a thing there

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Dunkin Donuts was selling donut holes in ddeokbokki sauce but I never found one that actually had any left to try that abomination before god and man.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

bike tory posted:

Cheddar cheese donuts are definitely a thing there

I had those at Changi airport once during a stopover and I gotta tell you they're a solid 9/10 would do again.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I think I saw one of these in a plastic surgery shock-u-mentary once

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Did you ever feel the need for De Quervain's tenosynovitis? Because do I have the product for you!

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Sir Lemming posted:

It was good.

I did this, though I think it was probably coffee mate French vanilla. Did not enjoy.

Also Danny Trejo has a donut shop in LA, and they have a nacho donut. Did not enjoy.

Welp, thanks for reading.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Memento posted:

I had those at Changi airport once during a stopover and I gotta tell you they're a solid 9/10 would do again.

You'd be right at home in the sweet-savory-dairy hellhole of South Korea Krispy Kreme then

It's kimchi

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Fried filled buns are great though.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Synthbuttrange posted:

Fried filled buns are great though.

Filled with what though? Filling can make a huge difference.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Zil posted:

Filled with what though? Filling can make a huge difference.

Let's just assume you don't want to know.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Anything you want.

https://i.imgur.com/7scMfMC.mp4

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

my housemate has inflicted "pumpkin flavor" hand soap upon us in the bathroom. it is twee yeah whatever but my hands smell of gingerbread all day now deal with it goonies

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

bike tory posted:

It's kimchi

Yes. Yes, please.

also I want this machine so I can die of terminal fatness a week after acquiring it

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Code Jockey posted:

Yes. Yes, please.

also I want this machine so I can die of terminal fatness a week after acquiring it

There is a joint nearby work that I swear is trying to still win the vietnam war through attrition by charging servicemembers $2.50/per beautifully baked, meat-and-fat-filled southeastern pork bun, and goddamn is their interpretation of a ham and cheese hot pocket like the most goon-lure thing on the planet. Freshly sliced still-rich ham, and a strong midwestern cheddar blended with a cream cheese of some kind, and baked in a pork bun for at least an hour.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Dannywilson posted:

There is a joint nearby work that I swear is trying to still win the vietnam war through attrition by charging servicemembers $2.50/per beautifully baked, meat-and-fat-filled southeastern pork bun, and goddamn is their interpretation of a ham and cheese hot pocket like the most goon-lure thing on the planet. Freshly sliced still-rich ham, and a strong midwestern cheddar blended with a cream cheese of some kind, and baked in a pork bun for at least an hour.

If they serve it with pickles then tell me the address and I will die fat destitute and happy

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Somfin posted:

If they serve it with pickles then tell me the address and I will die fat destitute and happy

We all will. We'll just close the thread and all migrate to this pork bun nirvana and die fat and happy in a weeks time.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Somfin posted:

Same, except I'll just die.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Code Jockey posted:

Yes. Yes, please.

I don't miss Japanese convenience stores because they have these in the hot foods case 24/7 and they are so goddamn good, but are one step above gasstation burritos.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Dannywilson posted:

Going to need a name of the place, PM if you don't want to reveal anything nearby where you live/work.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
https://www.facebook.com/charliesbakeryandchinesecuisine/

These guys can do no wrong imo.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Well, poo poo. No HSPs and no Charlie's in my neck of the woods. Or in my pinky toe of the woods, honestly. :smith:

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Oh poo poo, hello fellow Anchorageite!

Thread relevant, also in this fair city, there's a restaurant downtown that deals exclusively in biscuits and gravy. No other food. Now this is fine and dandy, and they make fine and dandy biscuits and gravy; unfortunately, prices are not fine and dandy, they are absolutely ridiculous. 6 dollars for one single biscuit with gravy, and 1.50 for each extra thing on top (egg, ham, etc), is way too much, even if they were the greatest biscuits and gravy mankind has ever produced. And they are definitely not, they are somewhat above average. The food fad of "this restaurant does exactly one thing and one thing only, and charges out the rear end for it regardless of quality" is dumb and I hate it.

PubicMice has a new favorite as of 06:26 on Oct 10, 2018

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

look just because they're called cocktail sausages

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My Lovely Horse posted:

look just because they're called cockmilk sausages

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

PubicMice posted:

Oh poo poo, hello fellow Anchorageite!

Thread relevant, also in this fair city, there's a restaurant downtown that deals exclusively in biscuits and gravy. No other food. Now this is fine and dandy, and they make fine and dandy biscuits and gravy; unfortunately, prices are not fine and dandy, they are absolutely ridiculous. 6 dollars for one single biscuit with gravy, and 1.50 for each extra thing on top (egg, ham, etc), is way too much, even if they were the greatest biscuits and gravy mankind has ever produced. And they are definitely not, they are somewhat above average. The food fad of "this restaurant does exactly one thing and one thing only, and charges out the rear end for it regardless of quality" is dumb and I hate it.

I live in downtown San Jose and those prices seem fairly reasonable. A similar dish here would probably cost twice as much. :ca:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

oh I definitely do not like that

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
People should seriously stop washing their chickens.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Tashilicious posted:

People should seriously stop washing their chickens.

Yeah you just end up with salmonella in your sink instead of on your chicken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's not just in your sink. It's all over your counter because of the splash. It's disgusting and makes it loving worse.

Just cook your goddamn chicken properly.