Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Dagen H posted:

Sluggo, from the "Nancy" comic strip. He's lit.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/sluggo-is-lit

Wow that was part of a real Nancy comic?

I guess they're trying really hard to make the comic relevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

64bit_Dophins posted:

I've been blasting Rob Zombie in my car on the way to work everyday and it's actually really good.

Living dead girl just reminds me of Gran Turismo 2 which makes me really happy.

Dragula was the song in GT2 though? And IIRC NFS:U had Two Lane Blacktop and U2 did not have any RZ

E:Unless you're like me and play all racing games with I Think I'm Paranoid, Dragula and Super Bon Bon on individual loops changing each race so they're all like GT2 :v:

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 9, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

64bit_Dophins posted:

The entire current direction of the comic is designed to piss off the "traditional" angry fanbase and it's working splendidly.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

64bit_Dophins posted:

So the previous artist of Nancy was a good ol' southern god-fearin ol school bootstraps country boy (with shitloads of money but never mind you that) who also turned out to be a serial molester of his assistants, and he basically cultivated a following of the kind of old fucks who support that kind of shitbag and want to burn millennials and women with strong opinions at the stake. The new artist of Nancy is both a millennial and one of those dastardly opinionated :females:. Her run started out pretty normal but the abject vitriol she received from fans of Guy Gilchrist (aforementioned rapist) was so thorough she decided to dedicate some time to just making GBS threads on them.

And it's amazing.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Kazinsal posted:

So the previous artist of Nancy was a good ol' southern god-fearin ol school bootstraps country boy (with shitloads of money but never mind you that) who also turned out to be a serial molester of his assistants, and he basically cultivated a following of the kind of old fucks who support that kind of shitbag and want to burn millennials and women with strong opinions at the stake. The new artist of Nancy is both a millennial and one of those dastardly opinionated :females:. Her run started out pretty normal but the abject vitriol she received from fans of Guy Gilchrist (aforementioned rapist) was so thorough she decided to dedicate some time to just making GBS threads on them.

And it's amazing.

Lol that's hilarious. I'll have to check it out.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I'm fairly certain this is the remix from the American Made Music To Strip By album.

It owns.

Pretty sure you're right. I have that album, and really like the remixes.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The chart itself doesn't mean much as it stands alone, but when you realize how much we almost all answered the same way is telling, despite all the bickering.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
this is all I can think of when I hear Rob Zombie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaLLTDzeiWA

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

InitialDave posted:

UK Goons: Halfords seem to have an offer on - any in store purchase by this Sunday (14th) gets you a free MOT voucher, valid until end of next October.

That's insane. Buy an air freshener for £1 and get a £30 MOT test??

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

meatpimp posted:

Dragula won't leave my head and it's driving me crazy.

Youre welcome :smug:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Is anyone else having trouble with alt-code characters not displaying properly in the Awful app?

https://imgur.com/a/I0uYNSb

Dagen H fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Oct 9, 2018

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Dagen H posted:

Is anyone else having trouble with alt-code characters not displaying properly in the Awful app?

It's not just the app, things like ' are showing up all fucky on desktop too.

E: It's inconsistent though, I'm not sure why they're showing up sometimes and not others.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I also seem to have an issue with Tweets embedding (on desktop)

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Dagen H posted:

I also seem to have an issue with Tweets embedding

Is that really a "problem" though?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

spog posted:

That's insane. Buy an air freshener for �1 and get a �30 MOT test??
That appears to be the wording of the offer.

https://www.halfords.com/advice/motoring/service/free-mot-at-halfords

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Beverly Cleavage posted:

I enjoy PYF, but it's all embedded tweets and MP4s

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Yes

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Anything that breaks Twitter is a good thing.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Fender Anarchist posted:

It's not just the app, things like ' are showing up all fucky on desktop too.

E: It's inconsistent though, I'm not sure why they're showing up sometimes and not others.

Yep.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Same thing here, think it's been the past couple days. Thought I noticed a slight style change when I logged in the other day too.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Some posts show the glitch for me and some don't. First noticed it today.

~*FORUMS MYSTERIES*~

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Kazinsal posted:

And it's amazing.

Oh god I was thinking this was something along the lines of Stubbo from Red Meat. The fact that it's legit is amazing.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

64bit_Dophins posted:

Lol that's hilarious. I'll have to check it out.

It's pretty good.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

fridge corn posted:

Has anyone beaten my leftist score of 8.12 yet?

Yeah boi.

8.21 Left, 1.28 Libertarian.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

Oh god I was thinking this was something along the lines of Stubbo from Red Meat. The fact that it's legit is amazing.

So basically it went from an unfunny fucktard to a internet edgelord.

Yeaaaaah I'll stay skipped on that one

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

lmao

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKj5pAZTuVc

skip to 4:45

mungtor
May 3, 2005

Yeah, I hate me too.
Nap Ghost

Gingerbread House Music posted:

The chart itself doesn't mean much as it stands alone, but when you realize how much we almost all answered the same way is telling, despite all the bickering.

Yeah, but think about whether that's because those are objectively the correct answers, or simply because people gravitate towards others that share and validate their viewpoints. I'm sure that in our case it's both, but it's hard to be sure.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

So basically it went from an unfunny fucktard to a internet edgelord.

Yeaaaaah I'll stay skipped on that one

The flavor of "internet edgelord" that exclusively pokes fun at old stodgy conservative types while not taking themselves too seriously is cool and good, actually

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Fender Anarchist posted:

The flavor of "internet edgelord" that exclusively pokes fun at old stodgy conservative types while not taking themselves too seriously is cool and good, actually

Lol youre wasting your time with someone who thinks cspam is full of alt-right posters lmao

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

BraveUlysses posted:

Lol youre wasting your time with someone who thinks cspam is full of alt-right posters lmao

Oh you mean the posters who without irony repost literal alt right sites and twitter spewings and dont get called out?

Yeah. About that then.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
I'm not sure what you're on about, have you been reading the chud containment threads that got moved over from GBS?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I hired a helper. He doesn't talk much, and only wants bare bones minimum wage. He smells a little funky though.

e: goddamnit one of the cats chewed through the cable of my nice headphones (Sennheiser Momentums). :fuckoff: Good thing the cable is shared with a few other models of headphones, but I won't be able to find another color matched one.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Oct 10, 2018

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

mungtor posted:

Yeah, but think about whether that's because those are objectively the correct answers, or simply because people gravitate towards others that share and validate their viewpoints. I'm sure that in our case it's both, but it's hard to be sure.
If you made it more of going through how people answered each question and why, I suspect there would be a few big arguments blow up about it.

Simple questions/answers remove a lot of the detail that separates people out on a wide spectrum of supposedly agreeing opinions - where people stand is sometimes less important than which way they face.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

STR posted:

I hired a helper. He doesn't talk much, and only wants bare bones minimum wage. He smells a little funky though.

e: goddamnit one of the cats chewed through the cable of my nice headphones (Sennheiser Momentums). :fuckoff: Good thing the cable is shared with a few other models of headphones, but I won't be able to find another color matched one.

Trying to use the HOV lane?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

No HOV lanes here, but that'd probably work in Dallas. :v:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

https://twitter.com/spacetwinks/status/1049976919524106240

And so an era of my life is well and truly filed away to the annals of history. Good loving riddance.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh you mean the posters who without irony repost literal alt right sites and twitter spewings and dont get called out?

Yeah. About that then.

I don't know which threads you're reading but the threads in c spam that I read democrats get poo poo on because they're not left enough, not because they're too left.

Maybe you can give some examples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Liquid Cannibalism posted:

I'm not sure what you're on about, have you been reading the chud containment threads that got moved over from GBS?

That thread (the lol at dems thread) got closed and did have some legitimate chuds in it but was still 90% Bernie bros.

Out of the other threads that got moved:

1. The lol at Trump thread was actually what got most of those chuds banned.

2. Pretty sure the All Cops Are Bastards thread (which also got closed) isn't alt right.

• Locked thread