Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Darth Murder The Gods And Topple Their Thrones.

Better name than Snoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Dr Christmas posted:

Leisure Kicks style was mentioned back when White Chain fought a Petal Knight during the heist.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-7-79/

Also compare the previous Head of John to Jagganoth's whole deal.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

pseudorandom name posted:

I don't know anything about wrapping your hands but the three youtube videos I watched all have the wrap going between each of the fingers.

You don't have to, I've had instructors do either. If you have shorter wraps you usually skip it.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
So she's definitely losing a hand, right?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

coolusername posted:

So she's definitely losing a hand, right?

Which she will replace with one made of Want.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
She'll have a right hand and a Righteous hand.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The question is whose hand does she lose? Also why is she carrying around a bag of them?

Are they spares or is Alison simply collecting them as a hobby?

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Wow. Allison did a total 180 and became a badass, I guess? Sure, why not?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Inglonias posted:

It's amazing what Eye Of The Tiger on loop can do.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Inglonias posted:

Come on, she obliterated Mottoms immortality tree then loving taunted mottom, called her a cowardly turbobitch, and then dared her to kill her. Long before this chapter. Thats like flipping off the sun while youre falling towards it and coming out with minor sunburns.

Shes always had that badass(read: raging rear end in a top hat idiot) streak in her since the beginning, it only showed up when she snapped before she got a hold of her self and got some confidence. When she realized she isnt just a scared girl from california anymore.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Oct 10, 2018

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

coolusername posted:

She'll have a right hand and a Righteous hand.

Cool thanks now I have the theme song from God Hand stuck in my head

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Renaissance Robot posted:

Cool thanks now I have the theme song from God Hand stuck in my head

Dragon Kick your rear end into the Milky Way! *ᴹᶦˡᵏʸ ᵂᵃʸ!*

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Dr Christmas posted:

Leisure Kicks style was mentioned back when White Chain fought a Petal Knight during the heist.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-7-79/

quote:

Among other angelic martial arts: Demon Flips the Cart, Pattram Sword Hand, Falling Snow, and Head of John. The last one relies almost entirely on headbutts.

I had forgotten there is a martial arts style that is exclusively head butts. That one sounds the most appealing to use though.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Also does there exist a more peak kung-fu line than "you leisure kicks style won't save you from he full force of the law!"?

You can just see the poorly synced mouth flaps

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Hah! White Chain is following their superior's orders technically.

"Sure, she's still carrying the key to the true heir but I'm making her a badass and coincidentally walking her through every criminal, demiurge, and slavers guild that I wanted to take down in throne."

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Renaissance Robot posted:

Also does there exist a more peak kung-fu line than "you leisure kicks style won't save you from he full force of the law!"?

You can just see the poorly synced mouth flaps

Given that White Chain isn't speaking English and Allison (among others) can't/couldn't understand her or others without the blue devil liquor doing its translation magic, the desynced mouth movements may well be canon.

(I'm pretty sure they actually just automatically understand things regardless of language, not hear everything in whatever language they prefer, but the idea occurred to me so I felt like throwing it out there anyway.)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
"You should be able to beat him now."
"I'm sorry, I didn't catch that."
"You should be able to beat him now!"
"One more time?"
"YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO BEAT HIM NOW!"

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Come on, she obliterated Mottoms immortality tree then loving taunted mottom, called her a cowardly turbobitch, and then dared her to kill her. Long before this chapter. Thats like flipping off the sun while youre falling towards it and coming out with minor sunburns.

Shes always had that badass(read: raging rear end in a top hat idiot) streak in her since the beginning, it only showed up when she snapped before she got a hold of her self and got some confidence. When she realized she isnt just a scared girl from california anymore.

Also don't forget the drinking contest against a black devil which she legitimately won without having to cheat, then when said devil decided to hit the self-destruct button she stuffed it back into a mask and name-bound it or however that works.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

CMS posted:

I just hope she has considered her entrance music for when she goes back to the guild house.

"just take my phone and hit random"

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

Also don't forget the drinking contest against a black devil which she legitimately won without having to cheat, then when said devil decided to hit the self-destruct button she stuffed it back into a mask and name-bound it or however that works.

"I'm drunk as hell and have no idea what I'm doing!" would make a good motto for a noble house.
Anyone want to translate it into latin so Allison can have heraldry?

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Dalris Othaine posted:

"just take my phone and hit random"

Based on the rest of the comic this would just end up being the OP to Sailor Moon.

...which yeah, that'll work.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Kai Tave posted:

I mean going by that scene all you really need to bind a demon is a well made porcelain mask, a talent for coming up with names on the fly, and a lack of fear of being consumed by a spark of the pure primordial essence the makes up all existence.

Ok now that I typed it all out it might be slightly more difficult than I originally gave it credit for.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lack of fear aint it

its the ability to move ur legs in the direction of fear thats the real trick

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Going by that scene, what she did doesn't actually work but she did it anyway.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Yeah the folks she took the mask from are presented as powerful enough to think they could get a job interview with one of the demiurges, and they call binding Vladok “near impossible.”

What Allison did explicitly is not how that works at all.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Yeah the folks she took the mask from are presented as powerful enough to think they could get a job interview with one of the demiurges, and they call binding Vladok “near impossible.”

That sounds like something someone who cares more about living than winning would say.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Comrade Gorbash posted:

you have nearly grasped the essence of royalty

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Magic is the art of lying to the universe and having it believe you.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Maduo posted:

Based on the rest of the comic this would just end up being Moonlight no Densetsu

...which yeah, that'll work.

:colbert:

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Comrade Gorbash posted:

I'd imagine that it IS how it works - given that Vladok had de-synced from the drinking game and was in a more vulnerable, chaotic state. It proposed a contest that it didn't expect to lose, rather than admit defeat and be bound by the rules of it's wager, it chose to break it's own rules and unbind itself, reverting to that crazy, chaotic elemental state. While super loving dangerous, doing so also left it vulnerable to binding again, and here we are.

It's the sheer amount that Allison consumed while remaining upright that's the nigh impossible bit.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Have the rules of binding an unbound black flame actually been defined? My read of the scene was also that the way Allison bound Vladok was not how binding actually works regardless of the devil's condition, and the only reason it worked anyway is because Royalty is having a staring contest with How Things Are Supposed To Be and not being the first to blink.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

McKilligan posted:

I'd imagine that it IS how it works - given that Vladok had de-synced from the drinking game and was in a more vulnerable, chaotic state. It proposed a contest that it didn't expect to lose, rather than admit defeat and be bound by the rules of it's wager, it chose to break it's own rules and unbind itself, reverting to that crazy, chaotic elemental state. While super loving dangerous, doing so also left it vulnerable to binding again, and here we are.

It's the sheer amount that Allison consumed while remaining upright that's the nigh impossible bit.

But just charging at it holding a mask should not have worked. It's like trying to tie up an elephant using a silk thread and a toothpick - tying animals to posts is a thing, but not like this.
The mages were going to start this long complicated procedure starting with Drulle's Third Resonance and proceeding from there while having very little confidence of success, then Allison charged right past them and did it raw.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
True royalty rules how existence works.

Reality doesn't get to tell royalty anything other than feedback.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Magic is lying to the universe and having it believe you. Royalty is not bothering to make your lies plausible.

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
nyan

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Lone Badger posted:

Magic is lying to the universe and having it believe you. Royalty is not bothering to make your lies plausible.

This except when royalty does it it's no longer a lie but instead the new truth.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Nice to hear that Throne's electricity is exclusively clean energy.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Slashrat posted:

Have the rules of binding an unbound black flame actually been defined? My read of the scene was also that the way Allison bound Vladok was not how binding actually works regardless of the devil's condition, and the only reason it worked anyway is because Royalty is having a staring contest with How Things Are Supposed To Be and not being the first to blink.

No, just vaguely hinted at being some long arcane process, because it doesn't matter how it works just that it doesn't normally work by charging screaming at the formless monster with a mask

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

No, just vaguely hinted at being some long arcane process, because it doesn't matter how it works just that it doesn't normally work by charging screaming at the formless monster with a mask

I mean, how many people have actually tried that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

The Lone Badger posted:

"I'm drunk as hell and have no idea what I'm doing!" would make a good motto for a noble house.
Anyone want to translate it into latin so Allison can have heraldry?

A couple of passes through Google Translate says: "Non sum sicut ebrius infernum. Nescio quid agam."