Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Spoeank posted:

lemme fast forward to 3 weeks from now when I tell you to cut Jamaal Charles because it's a clusterfuck and he gets 85% of his 9 carries and 3 targets a game between the 20s

perhaps i'll be laughing when he turns out to be le'veon bell level when you fielded some guy who was a reasonable choice but only got 5 points a game

embrace the stupidity

(I have too many rb's, I'm going corey davis off the ww so i can have some manner of wr depth)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I promise that I will never ask this thread if I should drop Jamaal Charles.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

piratepilates posted:

perhaps i'll be laughing when he turns out to be le'veon bell level when you fielded some guy who was a reasonable choice but only got 5 points a game

embrace the stupidity

(I have too many rb's, I'm going corey davis off the ww so i can have some manner of wr depth)

Corey Davis should already be owned unless it's like an 8 team league.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Inspector 34 posted:

Considering trading Crowell in .5ppr but curious what a realistic return would be. I'm thinking of targeting a wr like maybe Ridley or JuJu since those teams are really RB needy. Our league has pretty crazy bonuses too btw, so big plays and overall yardage are worth a ton.

Me
RB: Carson, Lindsay, A.Jones, D.Freeman, Crowell, L.Murray
WR: AB, Edelman, Gordon, Enunwa, M.Williams (LAC)

Ridley Owner:
RB: Gordon, Coleman, R.Freeman, Penny, Mack, CJ Anderson
WR: OBJ, Landry, Alshon, Ridley, Fuller

JuJu Owner
RB: Collins, Powell, Montgomery, Wilkins, Chubb, Walton(?)
WR: Julio, Kupp, M.Thomas, Diggs, JuJu, Cobb

Do I need to package somebody like Gordon make this not an insulting deal? The different trade analyzers I've seen have suggest Ridley for Crowell straight up isn't too lopsided. These two are so weak at RB I don't feel like I need to offer too much to make it beneficial for either of them, but I don't want them to just dismiss the trade either.

I'm not exactly stacked at RB either though so I may just stand pat.

Crowell shouldn't come close to netting you Juju. I'd be entirely uninterested in Crow and start talking about Freeman if I were him. Ridley is more likely, since he's been much more TD dependent than Juju, but that team is less desperate at RB. But any one paying attention will see Crow is stuck with Powell and been super dependent on big plays and touchdowns to return value, so shouldn't be looking to buy high.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

pubic works project posted:

Corey Davis should already be owned unless it's like an 8 team league.

it is! and this is our first time caring about the nfl in any way!

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

pubic works project posted:

Probably more to have Cohen as the lead back.

Cohen is way too small to be a lead back. And I highly doubt the team wants Benny Cunningham thrust into a big role. If the Bears were 1-3 I'd say there's a good shot but they're 3-1 in a division that doesn't look as good as we thought.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
In deeper leagues, I believe WR Curtis Samuel of the Panthers is worth picking up. He can be had real cheap too with a $0 or $1 bid. Torrey Smith left the game looking gimpy during the final drive against the Giants and has also been terrible this season. I think now is the time for the next man to step up. He's a guy you stash this week rather than use but I believe Samuel has real sophomore breakout potential.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Traded Zach Ertz for Dalvin Cook + George Kittle. Did I goof? .5ppr

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

What are people's thoughts on Mark Ingram's trade value is in comparison to Tyreek Hill in a 0.5 ppr league?

I'm the Hill owner and I'm trying to get one of Ingram/Mixon/James White. I also have OBJ and Emmanuel Sanders, however he's flat out stated that he's not interested in Sanders.

Honestly I had Hill above all 3 RBs, but looking around it seems that most people have Ingram and Mixon ranked quite a bit ahead of Hill and around OBJ. Should I may be look at trying to convince him to take Sanders and a pick for White?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

freeman posted:

Dalvin is riding my bench till he's actually healthy and it's a hamstring that's getting him he wont be this season. I vote goof sorry man.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

freeman posted:

I think you did good. Injuries are a concern with Cook out and Kittle has been injury prone in the past

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
This is me as a Bell, Conner, and J Howard owner looking at the possibilities of how all this might shake out being optimistic

:fap:

And being realistic

:catstare:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MakaVillian posted:

I think you did good. Injuries are a concern with Cook out and Kittle has been injury prone in the past

No he traded for them. If they get healthy, it's an okay move. I wouldn't have done it, but what's done is done. Just gotta hope for the best.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Keith Atherton posted:

This is me as a Bell, Conner, and J Howard owner looking at the possibilities of how all this might shake out being optimistic

:fap:

And being realistic

:catstare:
This is my exact situation. Thank God I also snagged Sony in time.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

freeman posted:

I would have kept Ertz.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Dang, I guess I was overvaluing Kittle. Thought they were close enough that it was worth the risk with Cook.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Dealing with TEs is a colossal PITA that sometimes gives you an unexpected 25 points but usually gives you three points and/or a guy you have to replace because he got killed

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
With Breida banged up, is AlfMo worth dropping Keelan Cole or Frank Gore for? Not even sure I'd start him, just more of a trade bait/don't want anyone else to have him sort of deal.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Vargo posted:

With Breida banged up, is AlfMo worth dropping Keelan Cole or Frank Gore for? Not even sure I'd start him, just more of a trade bait/don't want anyone else to have him sort of deal.

Yes to Gore

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm last in waiver priority but here are my claims:

1. Greg Olsen
2. Alfred Morris
3. Corey Clement
4. D'Onta Foreman

QB: Kirk Cousins
RB: Todd Gurley, Carlos Hyde, Adrian Peterson
WR: AJ Green, Alshon Jeffery, Julio Jones, Cooper Kupp, John Brown, Josh Gordon
TE: David Njoku

Given my team are there any players that I shouldn't consider getting? The alternative is that I do nothing and see what stupid moves, if any, folks in front of me make. Like maybe dropping Dalvin Cook or something. Stupid stuff happens and with resetting waivers the only way to capitalize on it is to do nothing.

Other notable players available include Cameron Brate, Jameis Winston, Giovani Bernard, Jalen Richard, and Jamison Crowder.

Huh. The Texans are the #1 DST this week. I guess I should have kept them instead of just randomly dropping them since I already have the Bears.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Oct 10, 2018

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
You should probably not prioritize Greg Olsen over RBs when you only have three right now. Chances are pretty good he's going to break his foot again. If you're going to pick up a TE, get Brate. He ought to be a TE1 while Howard is out. Winston loves him.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I agree. I ended up focusing on Morris and Clement, with Foreman as my third choice. Of the three players I might get Foreman but probably not.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Greg Olsen has 54 catches, 624 yards and one touchdown in his last sixteen games. 116 of those yards and the score came all in one game. History dictates that his foot is permafucked until he gets another surgery.

I honestly don't understand why every fantasy football analyst is jumping all over him again.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Spoeank posted:

Greg Olsen has 54 catches, 624 yards and one touchdown in his last sixteen games. 116 of those yards and the score came all in one game. History dictates that his foot is permafucked until he gets another surgery.

I honestly don't understand why every fantasy football analyst is jumping all over him again.

Some of us are desperate for points

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Was talking to my wife about improving her RB situation while she waits for Bell to come back. We decided to offer Sammy Watkins and Emmanuel Sanders to the guy with Conner. He has a billion RB and a bunch of WW scrubs at WR. Told her we shouldn't expect him to accept, but his WR situation was so dire it might just be possible. 2hrs later she tells me he accepted! I go and check and she's got newly acquired Alex Collins on her team.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Welp.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Inspector 34 posted:

Was talking to my wife about improving her RB situation while she waits for Bell to come back. We decided to offer Sammy Watkins and Emmanuel Sanders to the guy with Conner. He has a billion RB and a bunch of WW scrubs at WR. Told her we shouldn't expect him to accept, but his WR situation was so dire it might just be possible. 2hrs later she tells me he accepted! I go and check and she's got newly acquired Alex Collins on her team.

I wish I had a fantasy wife

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Keith Atherton posted:

I wish I had a fantasy wife

There's a whole genre of visual novels to help you with this

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
The trade was with the commish and he's a good dude so we're hoping he's willing to cancel the trade and consider her intended deal.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
JCharles was the best running back in the game for a solid stretch (fight me), but I will reiterate that Yeldon is a 3-down back with the benefit of not being 31 years old or broken as gently caress. If you're the Jags and need a mid-season addition as a backup, you might as well go for the vet that can already do everything and doesn't need intensive schooling in order to run a wheel route or keep the QB upright or read the blocks in your running scheme. You can just throw him in there if Yeldon needs to catch a breather and can expect that at least the result won't be incompetence.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Mohamed Sanu, Taylor Gabriel, Kenny Stills, or Dede Westbrook in full PPR?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Well as expected Clement, Smallwood, and Foreman all got picked up off the waiver wire. Mike Davis was still there so I grabbed him.

And someone dropped Austin Ekeler. :getin:

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Don’t know how to start this off so I’ll just come out with it. I have Gurley and someone offered me Ingram, Yeldon, and Landry for him. I pretty much have zero other good depth at RB since Ajayi went out.

I’m really on the fence because it’s a 4-player keeper league and I have to throw Gurley back next year. Ingram and Landry were drafted just this year at a value where I could keep Ingram, Landry, AB (who I currently have) and then some other waaaaaay low-round guy.

This is just my first year having an elite player like Gurley and it’s tough to give that up. The guy also has James White and I’m thinking of asking for him instead of Yeldon.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

cliffdiver posted:

Don�t know how to start this off so I�ll just come out with it. I have Gurley and someone offered me Ingram, Yeldon, and Landry for him. I pretty much have zero other good depth at RB since Ajayi went out.

I�m really on the fence because it�s a 4-player keeper league and I have to throw Gurley back next year. Ingram and Landry were drafted just this year at a value where I could keep Ingram, Landry, AB (who I currently have) and then some other waaaaaay low-round guy.

This is just my first year having an elite player like Gurley and it�s tough to give that up. The guy also has James White and I�m thinking of asking for him instead of Yeldon.

nope nope nope. Do not give up Gurley for a RB that is in a timeshare, a guy that is just injury insurance, and Landry. He is RB1. That dude is offering you scraps for him.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

cliffdiver posted:

Don�t know how to start this off so I�ll just come out with it. I have Gurley and someone offered me Ingram, Yeldon, and Landry for him. I pretty much have zero other good depth at RB since Ajayi went out.

I�m really on the fence because it�s a 4-player keeper league and I have to throw Gurley back next year. Ingram and Landry were drafted just this year at a value where I could keep Ingram, Landry, AB (who I currently have) and then some other waaaaaay low-round guy.

This is just my first year having an elite player like Gurley and it�s tough to give that up. The guy also has James White and I�m thinking of asking for him instead of Yeldon.

Are you going to make the playoffs this year?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Are you going to make the playoffs this year?

Doubt it. The guy I give Gurley to is 4-1 along with two other guys. I’m currently 2-3 so it’s a crapshoot for that 4th spot.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

cliffdiver posted:

Doubt it. The guy I give Gurley to is 4-1 along with two other guys. I�m currently 2-3 so it�s a crapshoot for that 4th spot.

2-3 can easily bounce back. What's your roster look like?

In a vacuum it's a bad trade. In the context of next year it might not be, but you would be essentially tanking your team.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Streaming defenses. My league docks points for yardage, not just for points scored against. Not sure if that's normal for ESPN or if that's just a this league thing. Anyway, which of these teams looks like my best shot for this week but will inevitably disappoint me as every defense I've streamed so far has been poo poo?

Thinking between

Browns v. LAC (Browns D has not been as bad as expected)
Steelers @CIN (Pitt seems to have a lot of sacks, not sure how much of that was against Atlanta last week)
Chargers @CLE (Rookie QB
Dolphins v. CHI (Lots of turnovers for Miami. That could regress but maybe Trubisky reverts back to being poo poo?)

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

2-3 can easily bounce back. What's your roster look like?

In a vacuum it's a bad trade. In the context of next year it might not be, but you would be essentially tanking your team.

Yeah that’s the only reason I’m considering it is to essentially give up this year and plan for next. I think I’m going to pass this one though. Maybe later in the year someone will get desperate for a championship run and offer me a better set of keepers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Somebody dropped $9 on Smallwood and I managed to get Clement and Brate for $1 each (could have been $0 looking at the waiver report.)

Ok then.