Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
hahaha people have to worry about whether some republican hosed with your poo poo to stop you every time you go in to vote

that's so goddamn crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Martin Random posted:

hahaha people have to worry about whether some republican hosed with your poo poo to stop you every time you go in to vote

that's so goddamn crazy

in some states like new york its the democrats that purge the voter rolls

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Spacebump posted:

Thank you, the site says active. I figured I was good but am paranoid and wanted to make sure.

:respek:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Martin Random posted:

that's so goddamn crazy

Several people double checked my '08 absentee ballot. My hometown is in a very red county. I'm fairly positive they decided to not count it based on how I voted. The error they claimed was made on the ballot did not happen. I'll never vote absentee again after that.

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Shear Modulus posted:

in some states like new york its the democrats that purge the voter rolls

im sorry if you're butthurt about the republican party being based on disenfranchising people so hard that it's a loving joke and triggering your white knight whataboutism

I'm sorry I made fun of your murderous loving nazi death camp party of fascist traitor pieces of subhuman poo poo

but you do make a great point, that the Democratic party is also complete loving trash filled with hollow, duplicitous creatures, suckling up to any sort of power and flattering it with lies while people loving die in the street

and they really have a lock on the party in Delaware, the Delaware dems are complete corrupt pieces of poo poo.

And the California Dems are bloodless, breathless ghouls serving literal loving vampires in silicon valley and testosterone injecting real estate developers buying weapons caches to kill the coming black hordes and doing cocaine in orange county.

Our country is loving trash, and you are loving trash for whatever sort of loving points you just tried to score against the democrats, you loving lackey toad

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

are you ok, you know you and i post in all the same threads in cspam right?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Martin Random posted:

im sorry if you're butthurt about the republican party being based on disenfranchising people so hard that it's a loving joke and triggering your white knight whataboutism

I'm sorry I made fun of your murderous loving nazi death camp party of fascist traitor pieces of subhuman poo poo

but you do make a great point, that the Democratic party is also complete loving trash filled with hollow, duplicitous creatures, suckling up to any sort of power and flattering it with lies while people loving die in the street

and they really have a lock on the party in Delaware, the Delaware dems are complete corrupt pieces of poo poo.

And the California Dems are bloodless, breathless ghouls serving literal loving vampires in silicon valley and testosterone injecting real estate developers buying weapons caches to kill the coming black hordes and doing cocaine in orange county.

Our country is loving trash, and you are loving trash for whatever sort of loving points you just tried to score against the democrats, you loving lackey toad

jesus christ dude

he's not even a republican

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Shear Modulus posted:

are you ok, you know you and i post in all the same threads in cspam right?

hahahaha holy poo poo I just realized you're a communbro

I'm sorry.

I'm mega high and very deathcrew right now

but you gotta admit I'm spitting fire its good stuff

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

This is why I keep turning down my friends who want me to join DSA

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Watching the live NYT polling right now.

Not good for my blood pressure.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1049501389414694912

Is that the Chili Parlor

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

What the gently caress is Yikes about that, it’s literally what happened

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Wow

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

disjoe posted:

What the gently caress is Yikes about that, it’s literally what happened

I think the 'yikes' is more 'wow that's a rough ad'

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Surely they can't put that on tv with all the cursing

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol Linklater directed it

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

I think the 'yikes' is more 'wow that's a rough ad'

You’re right and I’m tired

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

*Ted Cruz accuses my father of being the Chicago Tylenol poisoner* That's a yikes from me fam

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

zoux posted:

Lol Linklater directed it

I was so confused for a second because I thought it was just a clip from Bernie at first.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

zoux posted:

Is that the Chili Parlor

Nah the napkins come out the top there. (I'm there too much)

Kull the Conqueror fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 9, 2018

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I did a short film with that guy (Sonny Carl Davis). He's great.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
For any lurkers or shameful masqueraders this is what that dude is most famous for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVmIqRcglvE

Edit: Holy smokes he has been in a lot of stuff. I don't watch many movies.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Also I remember seeing that in a packed theater on a Sunday matinee and that scene killed.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
If you want to see a classic Texas film with Sonny Carl Davis, track down Last Night at the Alamo.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

PostNouveau posted:

Surely they can't put that on tv with all the cursing

They've played it on every MSNBC show so far today.

Water Resistant
Jul 10, 2003
NYTimes doing a live poll of the Senate race right now https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/upshot/elections-poll-txsen-2.html

Cruz is winning as expected but Beto is killing (+12!!)in the "Only voters who say they're almost certain to vote" turnout model.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Water Resistant posted:

NYTimes doing a live poll of the Senate race right now https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/upshot/elections-poll-txsen-2.html

Cruz is winning as expected but Beto is killing (+12!!)in the "Only voters who say they're almost certain to vote" turnout model.

They've interviewed 28 18 to 29 and the next category is 30 to 64 which is massive grouping of very different people. Personally I hang up on these things when they call.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea live polls are very skewed R because they tend to use the number attached to voter registration and most people either are old enough to put a landline down and thus probably answer it or put their cellphone on it and ignore any number that isn't on their contact list.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I’d love to be polled but I never answer phone calls from numbers I don’t recognize, and I assume they don’t leave messages asking for a callback

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
During election times I pick up more often then I would otherwise. Most of the calls I get that arent in my contacts are robocall scams, but I can tell right away if its a bullshit call.

Been interviewed once for Donnelly this election cycle

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
I got a call from a pollster in 2016. I keep wanting to be called, but every time I pick up an unknown it's just the DCCC dialing for dollars. :argh:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The new Beto call script is ... interesting. You push the person you're calling to make a detailed plan for how they're going to vote.

I thought I was going to get a lot of pushback, but so far people have been happy to make plans.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

PostNouveau posted:

The new Beto call script is ... interesting. You push the person you're calling to make a detailed plan for how they're going to vote.

I thought I was going to get a lot of pushback, but so far people have been happy to make plans.

The Kopser (Tx-21) GOTV knock script has the same thing, something about "If they visualize themselves voting in their head, it will dramatically increase the chance they will".

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sardonik posted:

The Kopser (Tx-21) GOTV knock script has the same thing, something about "If they visualize themselves voting in their head, it will dramatically increase the chance they will".

Yeah that's what I've been telling people when I get to the end to excuse what a weirdo I was on the call.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Can someone tell me why they thought this was a good idea?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My guess is that now they feel they are more in the lead so why risk it

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Makes sense to me, if I were trying to get people to like Ted Cruz my top priority would be making sure they interact with him as little as humanly possible

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

There was a poll Evan Smith was tweeting out the other day where more people said they thought Ted Cruz was relatable than Beto and if that’s true then I don’t really know how this state can be helped

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Do apostrophes look hosed up to anyone else or is it just me. On the forums right now, not in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

They are for everyone. Something to do with iPhones I think