Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

shovelbum posted:

I had this little machine that vibrated oils into a nice smelling mist and gave up on it bc so many nutjobs are into it I didn't want to look like that flavor of nutjob

yeah, diffusers can be nice and i won a little one in some random work raffle which is why it's kicking around but that's about the only reason i'd ever have essential oils because otherwise it's a bunch of loving weirdos who think it'll cure cancer or something if they rub blood orange essential oil into their eyes or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

juche avocado posted:

aren't all presbyterians excellent bakers because they all must enter a baking apprenticeship before they can leave the home??

delicious if true op, bakers are also incredibly strong from hauling flour sacks and skilled at camouflage from decorating cakes

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

try a little thieves oil to cure your anxiety over living in hellword x rapeworld

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

juche avocado posted:

lol at the literally anti-mormon sentiment itt these people are normal loving people just like u & me

Hey I'm just bitter about the first 23 years of my life being wrapped up in it

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

juche avocado posted:

lol at the literally anti-mormon sentiment itt these people are normal loving people just like u & me

i was raised that way. i'm allowed to talk poo poo

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess I hate all those fake norse religions too

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

shovelbum posted:

Is it easy to convert and hop on the gravy train, this seems even easier than being a Kent State gun girl and trying to get chud grift, and u can still do chud grifts for that two pronged attack

there isn't a loving gravy train

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

mormons are just like scientologists

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

or maybe scientologists are just like mormons

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Spergin Morlock posted:

i was raised that way. i'm allowed to talk poo poo

there's talking poo poo and then there's poo poo like what shovelbum is posting, which is just... extremely stupid

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

juche avocado posted:

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!

Mayor Dave posted:

Hey I'm just bitter about the first 23 years of my life being wrapped up in it

same, i was raised a non-mormon in utah, it has just really good effects once you leave utah and adapt to the normal world

pros: its really easy to get an eagle scout award in utah

cons: everything else?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

juche avocado posted:

there isn't a loving gravy train

sounds suspiciously like what someone guzzlin dat gravy would post

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
applying +1 essential oils to my blade before i square off against a horde of demoncrats

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

juche avocado posted:

there's talking poo poo and then there's poo poo like what shovelbum is posting, which is just... extremely stupid

I just figured it was like the biggest richest frat in America complete with weird misogyny

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Mayor Dave posted:

Yeah I'm reading the new book by Michael Lewis about the federal government and it's a deep dive into just how thoroughly Trump and friends have hollowed out critical sections of the bureaucracy like the department of energy and agriculture

And they've also put political appointees in lots of places that even under Bush were non-political jobs. So whoever comes after Trump has to either just let a bunch of chuds stick around running everything or totally start from scratch.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

juche avocado exposed as mormon plant

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i love having a robot slave that cleans my carpets automatically while I sleep

but sometimes it tries to eat onions and garlic I've left out

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1050082073707470848?s=20

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

I thought they couldn't have caffeine

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
juche avocado is just jelly of our badass Mormon Survivor identity

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1050085154532859905

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/status/1050075473349230594
https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/1050081265851006976

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

*points at the steam sale & all those unplayed steam games bought at 75% off*

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

did somebody say mormons https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/1050083944731996161

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

docbeard posted:

The biggest difference is that Trump actually is as stupid as everyone believed Bush was, and Pence, though as big a sociopathic monster as Cheney, isn't taking as active a role, presumably so that he can rule with an iron fist when Trump finally proves surplus to requirements.

I think Trump's cabinet is probably worse than Bush's, though only by a hair.

Pence is just biding his time till Trump gets assassinated.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!
juche avocado is my dad and he does this kind of thing to me alot

freaking sucks!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

shovelbum posted:

they loving love coke and mt dew

so no. they just dont' drink "coffee"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

juche avocado posted:

holy poo poo shut the gently caress up already

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's a mormon temple down the road from where i live and there's a little fenced off garden behind it visible from the road and the only time i've seen people in it was when a bunch of old men in full business suits were out in the middle of summer scooping leaves out of the fountain with little nets

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Nanidesu... Dr. Eggman??

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!

brain performed an illegal operation and will be shut down

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

lol coulter doesnt know poo poo about cumia

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sorry juche avocado but u can't sit with the ex-mormons

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
also its cool and good to mock any cult that believes gays, blacks, and women are inferior and god just hosed up and wants them to die. to their very core of their beliefs.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

shovelbum posted:

Changed the rule in 2012

Just like they changed the rule in 1978 to allow black men to become full members

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!

oh man i bet these ghouls hated this video
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1025922961910325248

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Xaris posted:

also its cool and good to mock any cult that believes gays, blacks, and women are inferior and god just hosed up and wants them to die. to their very core of their beliefs.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

shovelbum posted:

I just figured it was like the biggest richest frat in America complete with weird misogyny

like all power structures, there are those who benefit from it, and those who suffer. don't expand the damnation of the people at the top to the people hosed over by the people at the top. it's wrongheaded and meanspirited. and reveals a lack of empathy or willingness to understand the unknown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
the giant talking Jesus statue at the tabernacle is super wild, I 100% recommend visiting it

• Locked thread