Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
AAAaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh WHY IS THIS HAPPENING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Retro Futurist posted:

Can I wear a mask, use a voice modulator, and go by Mafia X?

you better!

VENGEANCE FOR JEABUS

I do not actually care anymore, it's just such a fun running joke

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

imgay posted:

AAAaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh WHY IS THIS HAPPENING

I too love 90s manga entertainment promos

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its megaman x4 you shithead

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

thats what was in my post, before i made it a single character

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

You’re not allowed to war a mask but you can wear an outfit and go by mafia x, the setup is a bit complicated and the days are short.

The setup with video mafia involves you videoing yourself with a webcam and watching others in what is basically a big Skype call

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how many dongs you think will be on that call

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

So far none. It’s streamed on twitch too. Called LiarsClub

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Is it all in real time? Are you playing mafia for 6 hours straight?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Better order the adult diapers in advance

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

hambeet posted:

Better order the adult diapers in advance

Wayyyyy ahead of you.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Quidthulhu posted:

Is it all in real time? Are you playing mafia for 6 hours straight?

There's about two or three games every game day and there's like 3 game days a week. They want you to participate in a few games a week if you're on the league and each game takes about an hour or so.

Here's the announcement pdf: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rzhl-zB8VD-L564wmQ2pJXjfMob_z7HP/view
And here's the setup info: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vviQxUEvl3xqt2TJH6uxq7Z8ahtJajqz/view

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
folks sign up to some open games so I can run a thing...

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just open it now

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's about time someone made Zone of the Enders Mafia

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Go for it

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I AM A BLACK HOLE WHERE GOOD THINGS GO TO DIE.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

28766f69642a2930 posted:

folks sign up to some open games so I can run a thing...

holy poo poo presign

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

holy poo poo presign

btw I don't have a clue what the gently caress happened w you and Gaspy but you fix it in time for that game or else

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
holy poo poo did riker just sleep with keiko

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

I made a thing, Buffy Mafia is it. Looking to start in about a week, so no rush to sign up. Every day I have less than 18 people signed up I take as a personal indicator of my failings as a mafia mod and a human being, though.

Fill these games :D

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

hello mafia thread

i haven't been able to chill a lot lately but i wanted to check in and say i do still love you guys

hopefully one day soon i can join a mafia game and not immediately experience a personal crisis

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Chic Trombone posted:

hello mafia thread

i haven't been able to chill a lot lately but i wanted to check in and say i do still love you guys

hopefully one day soon i can join a mafia game and not immediately experience a personal crisis

Feel better soon, Chic. We'll keep your seat warm while you're gone. :comfysamus:

Monathin fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 11, 2018

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Monathin posted:

Feel better soon, Chic. We'll keep your seat warm while you're gone. :comfysamus:

By farting on it.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

TMMadman posted:

By farting on it.

:yeshaha:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mafia Gear Solid 2: V: The Phantom Claim, a role-heavy game for 18 players, is now open for sign ups.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
THIS is the first of several soft call-outs for people who are interested in helping to run Everdunes.

You are loving barred if you know drat well you're barred. looking at you bif

Please send me a message in private (even if I have been an rear end in a top hat to you about comodding in the past) if you are interested but please do not announce your interest in any way. Do feel free to spread the word to people you think would be stellar comods. I have a few spaces for applicants, I am expecting 2 and aiming for 3. This is (probably) not going to be the case, but please pretend for the moment that you intend to play, even if you are accepted as a comod. Podima helped quite a bit with Myst even as he played a nonstandard character. If desired, you will likely have the opportunity to play a non-player character (minimally) in addition to everything else.

Game days end on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday evening (approximately), and players will be anticipating updates in their dossiers Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. We'll divide updating responsibilities based on clusters of players - so you will best know players who are most interacting with one another - and there will be overlap for checking/balancing/quality control.

The majority of the work will involve a lot of copying and pasting and making minor edits to the same document over and over throughout the game. I insist on ultimate creative control, and the responsibilities don’t include any element of that. However, we'll discuss some creative elements together as needed and your input will be valued. I'm still a dictator, but I'll be taking my advisory counsel very seriously. In Riven, I hard-overruled Podima just once (in retrospect, he was right), and he certainly influenced the evolution of the game and story through his input.

If this sort of thing sounds like your jam, especially if you’d like to see what running an RRG looks like from the inside, message me - privately.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Any of y'all in Chicago? I'm gonna need friends.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
FFT mafia ended in a scum victory!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone should make a Mr. Dink themed mafia game.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

imgay posted:

Someone should make a Mr. Dink themed mafia game.

I still have Doug Mafia in my back pocket

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Hello, it is I! Got a lot of thread to not catch up on!

I've been playing a lot of mafia recently.
A lot a lot.
Like at least a hundred games.

I've been playing in my classes with cards that I made with some regular playing cards + glue + paper. (Sorry, forgot to grab a picture before I left them at school)
But after well over 600+ middle and high schoolers have played with them multiple times, they had degraded a bit, so I was planning to just go and make actual cards.

Since I'm getting them remade, I went ahead and redesigned them, trying to make them clearer and with easier English, which is especially important since my students are all EFL.
But I had some design questions, and I figured ya'll might be the best to ask.
I made a Google doc about it:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DrdTJCw4s5Tm72tVg9olGSiE2AD8qsej4ep07XCdeYw/edit?usp=sharing
I did almost none of the character portraits (they are all shameless taken from epicmafia), but it's a school thing so whatever, I'm not selling these.
(The old designs are at the end of the document for those that are curious.)

If you're bored and want to take a look at them, let me know if you see anything that can be improved or if you have any opinions on the questions I have in the comments.
I know I'm being overly cautious with the designs, but I can't fix them after I buy them so I want them to be as perfect as they can be.

I might join up in a game here or host one here soonish. It's been a while since I mafia'd with you guys.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 16, 2018

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Hey folks, I’m looking for a replacement for Mafia Gear Solid. It’s early Day 2, so plenty of time to get in on the magic.

Who wouldn’t want to play with this little guy?

Let me know if you’re interested.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Hey folks, I’m looking for a replacement for Mafia Gear Solid. It’s early Day 2, so plenty of time to get in on the magic.

Who wouldn’t want to play with this little guy?

Let me know if you’re interested.

Lemme in

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

CapitalistPig posted:

FFT mafia ended in a scum victory!

Wise scum killed the greatest town superstar early and won.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Was it you?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Natural 20 posted:

Wise scum killed the greatest town superstar early and won.

No, Bif killed herself. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Asiina posted:

No, Bif killed herself. :confused: