Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
X4 Foundations looks, good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And, btw, the reddit is basically dead, as was twitch, as was this thread (in comparison with other years), as was Derek, and the chat, and so on.

The "swag" bag

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Goblin posted:

Okay, so if you were to run the mission they showed us - the one where your ship got exploded through no fault of your own - and didn't have a cheesed bank account to pay your insurance or buy a new ship, what do you do?

You fail the mission and become someone's turret bitch.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Taintrunner posted:

the derek smart review of this keynote is fascinating, honestly

how does one view the ramblings of D. Smart these days? i miss him

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

Taintrunner posted:

the derek smart review of this keynote is fascinating, honestly

Give me highlights.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

trucutru posted:

And, btw, the reddit is basically dead, as was twitch, as was this thread (in comparison with other years), as was Derek, and the chat, and so on.

It just feels so phoned in from everyone this year. Some funny moments, FOIP was everything I expected. But eh, it's so much the same as last year but with even less effort.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Star Citizen: Trainz

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

bbchops posted:

Give me highlights.

You didn't specify!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beet Goblin posted:

Okay, so if you were to run the mission they showed us - the one where your ship got exploded through no fault of your own - and didn't have a cheesed bank account to pay your insurance or buy a new ship, what do you do?

Its your own fault for being poor.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If you actually have to contact them and get approved to buy that carrier, we might be looking at a 5 figure jpeg.

That would be glorious.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bbchops posted:

Give me highlights.

flight model's hosed, essentially

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Nap Ghost

trucutru posted:

You didn't specify!

Hot takes.

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Listening to derek speak you wouldn't think he's a serial doxxer, he's interesting. :colbert:

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
Oh, no, they are showing boring sitting-in-a-chair spaceship flying, like boring Elite, like someone with no SPACE LEGS.

Stop it, I want to feel the wind in my hair on a trai.

I want to hide under a canvas sheet with lust on my mind, where anything could happen, not be in boring space flying a boring Cobra Mk III, boring.

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Nap Ghost

Taintrunner posted:

flight model's hosed, essentially

The man's an oracle.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
What happens if there are leaves on the line, or the wrong type of snow?
Can you catch the 19.25 from Lorville instead of the 19.05?
Will the baddies kindly wait for you if you do?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Aegis Hammerhead: 21429600 ($650) - 32968 UEC/$

MISC Prospector: 1620750 ($155) - 10,456 UEC/$

Origin 85X: 616000 ($50) - 12,320 UEC/$

Aurora LX: 220900 ($30) - 7,363 UEC/$

Purchased: 1000 UEC/$

Played: 2000 UEC/Hour

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
r/games: no thread about star citizen

r/pcgaming: no thread about star citizen

r/starcitizen_refunds: 18 posts about the audio desync.

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Aegis Hammerhead: 21429600 ($650) - 32968 UEC/$

MISC Prospector: 1620750 ($155) - 10,456 UEC/$

Origin 85X: 616000 ($50) - 12,320 UEC/$

Aurora LX: 220900 ($30) - 7,363 UEC/$

Purchased: 1000 UEC/$

Played: 2000 UEC/Hour

That's one for the historical drama thread

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

bbchops posted:

The man's an oracle.

He and Panzermensch are basically pointing out that even a noob with Unity could do a better job in a week than Roberts, $200 million, and seven years.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Like, even Derek is tired of this poo poo.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
lol reddit was not impressed by Chris' new Train Simulator game

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

MedicineHut posted:

Star Citizen: Trainz

Taintz

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Inkel posted:

lol reddit was not impressed by Chris' new Train Simulator game

Squadron is getting it’s due during “The Road to Release”. Surely the title is the hint since the roadmap is such a sore spot.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Chris's idea of fun gameplay seems to be the same as the forum dads on ED that were mad af about being able to transfer your ships around.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If you make more than $0.28 per hour you're better off working a job and then buying the Aurora LX.

If you make more than $0.06 per hour you're better off working a job and then buying the Aegis Hammerhead.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

TheAgent posted:

no space in the space game lol

It's very obvious that Crobberts wanted his own Cyberpunk 2077 demo... and there's no space in the Cyberpunk demo.

Also I'm wondering if the reason they never went off planet is because Lorville was the only thing loaded in their demo server.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I find it funny that the gospel of earning ships was Roberts saying "Yeah, 40 hours of gameplay or so can get you a Constellation."

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

AbstractNapper posted:

I honestly thought that it would be too easy to get bingo in that.

I just seem to have really poo poo luck with Citcon bingo cards. Last year was similar.

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Nap Ghost
This thruster stuff is madness. It might be interesting in $10 Steam game that was about managing thrusters on a space ship, but in a multi (multi) million dollar game about pew-pewing in space?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If you make more than $0.28 per hour you're better off working a job and then buying the Aurora LX.

If you make more than $0.06 per hour you're better off working a job and then buying the Aegis Hammerhead.

but you would miss all that fun and fidelity.

Also you realize whoever built those models is gonna sell them to clifford or some other mega whale at a premium and CIG won't ever have to pay. I'm sure crobbers will make his cousin whole if that doesn't happen, but come on; let's be honest here.

Also any whisperings of the Kraken price? They want so much for it they won't even post how much it cost.

EDIT: oh:

quote:

Thank you for your interest in the Drake Kraken. You have been officially registered and will be contacted with additional information after October 22nd.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
good news everyone! your ship's thrusters will now have wear and tear and will require replacement parts and maintenance! enjoy your tedious gameplay where you're only allowed to fly straight at slow speeds or your ship will break

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

During Corbbers 2 hour key note, according to the funding tracker, about $520 was pledge per minute ......

..... I'm not sure Star Citizen is going to be good .... :cry:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Viscous Soda posted:

It's very obvious that Crobberts wanted his own Cyberpunk 2077 demo... and there's no space in the Cyberpunk demo.

Also I'm wondering if the reason they never went off planet is because Lorville was the only thing loaded in their demo server.
when they used a goto command they showed it running in their own instance as well as some face tech crap lol

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

here is who made the lovely Kraken model https://www.jrfabrication.co.uk/

I pointed out this guy before the con , he is making 10s pr thousands off cig stuff. Being sold right back to cig

The pc desks alone are 2-3 thousand pounds a pop

And I imagine this model he just made is at least 10k , the dragonfly maybe 5k

Also on the bottom of his website, cloud imperium rights ???

Did he unwittingly reveal more shell corps ?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
when is the Road to Release thing?

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

his nibs posted:

when is the Road to Release thing?

The last half hour

e: 9.00-9.30 Crobber should be off his head by then.

Dooguk fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 10, 2018

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

I find it funny that the gospel of earning ships was Roberts saying "Yeah, 40 hours of gameplay or so can get you a Constellation."

Do you know how badly that would upset the whales? They have to make a choice of who to piss off and since there's no new citizens they have to choose the space poors.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can I just go on a rant for a minute?

I play a lot of flying/space games. X3:AP, IL-2:BoS, Strike Fighters 2, ArmA3, DCS World, House of the Dying Sun, X-Plane, etc. Flight models are complicated, I get it. But what the gently caress. Shouldn't this be the first loving thing you get sorted? Overwatch started out as grey boxes. Splatoon started out as grey boxes. And six years and 200 million loving dollars later, this is what you're finally getting on about? What the fuuuuuccccckkkk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yeah, take the schedule with a load of salt. It's been pushed back and Roberts ran late because he missed the train.