Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

GoldStandardConure posted:

Two Birds is owned and opperated by women and have a beer called Taco Beer.

I drink their pale ale at my local and it’s a treat. With this news I’ll redouble my efforts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Two Birds owns, the brewery is fun to visit if you're in Melbourne's west as well.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

Two Birds owns, the brewery is fun to visit if you're in Melbourne's west as well.

a two birds in the hand is worth uh, two in the bush

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

GoldStandardConure posted:

Two Birds is owned and opperated by women and have a beer called Taco Beer.

Unlike the bird, it is a bad beer.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Bullet Proof posted:

Taco beer sounds gross but I really wanna try one now

It's pretty good. Nice and crisp with hints of lime and corriander. Goes well with spicy food.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/na...f9f6192d02cd792

"Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has dismissed climate scientists’ calls for the worldwide elimination of coal-fired power within 32 years, ­reaffirming support for Adani’s proposed 60-year coalmine if it stacks up financially. This week, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change predicted with “very high confidence” that coral reefs would decline by 70-90 per cent if global warming exceeded 1.5C above pre-industrial levels.

Global emissions would need to halve by about 2030 and reach “net zero” by 2050 to prevent warming of that magnitude, the IPCC said. Ms Palaszczuk, when asked about the IPCC warning yesterday, defended her government’s willingness to export coal around the world."

gently caress. Uh let me re-evaluate every position I have BRB.

LOL Queensland strong

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
loving QLD Labor

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I'm predicting that Morrison's unwavering dedication to religious freedom LGBTIQA+ discrimination will deliver Labor the electoral free kick it needs to continue to be utterly lovely and stacked with right wing shitheels.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I notice how Newspoll has slowed down ever since Morrison took over. It's been like what, 3 weeks since the last one? Very interesting, every other poll is still weekly but Newspoll decided to poo poo the bed after the spill and take a break for no reason.

I wonder if they don't want to put the pressure on the Libs, seems like a good way to clean the air for ScoMo by killing poll speculation for a few weeks and no one knows when it will be back.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I got an IPSIS(?) call about Federal polling tonight.

Expect an interesting poll in Fairfax papers soon

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

You Am I posted:

I got an IPSIS(?) call about Federal polling tonight.

Expect an interesting poll in Fairfax papers soon

What was the question? Or questions?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

bell jar posted:

How's ya mum?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

everyone knows that

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
What're ya?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
wanker

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I might agree with Jesus
But I got no admission for gays

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

bell jar posted:

Which party I would vote for in the next election, what I thought of ScoMo and Shorten, what I thought of the Government's handling of refugees, what I thought of the idea of the government's religious rights review about sacking/expelling homosexual staff or students and should we have more, less or same number of immigrants

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Oh yeah, and

JBP posted:

How's ya mum?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

JBP posted:

Sounds good.

I’ll get the train out that way. Your shout?

That’s what you were suggesting right?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

If you've got a Paypal account, disconnect all your payment methods from it. Friday night some asswipe got around their supposedly secure two factor authorisation and drained my bank account into some bitcoin bullshit, and now 5 days later paypal has denied my claim with no appeal, still says I owe them more money, and I'm unemployed with -$90 in my bank account.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

NTRabbit posted:

If you've got a Paypal account, disconnect all your payment methods from it. Friday night some asswipe got around their supposedly secure two factor authorisation and drained my bank account into some bitcoin bullshit, and now 5 days later paypal has denied my claim with no appeal, still says I owe them more money, and I'm unemployed with -$90 in my bank account.

Can your bank not reverse the charges? Thinking maybe I should book mine up via visa debit as opposed to direct debit now...

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Don Dongington posted:

Can your bank not reverse the charges? Thinking maybe I should book mine up via visa debit as opposed to direct debit now...

I'm going to try that tomorrow, but since it was a direct bank transfer and not a credit card charge I fear they may say it was my fault and not reverse it.

JJ
May 15, 2002

I hate it here.

NTRabbit posted:

I'm going to try that tomorrow, but since it was a direct bank transfer and not a credit card charge I fear they may say it was my fault and not reverse it.

Most banks have a fraud guarantee. Also, failing that, you should hit up the banking ombudsman.

KennyTheFish
Jan 13, 2004

JJ posted:

Most banks have a fraud guarantee. Also, failing that, you should hit up the banking ombudsman.

I would also try a report to the police.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The Morrison government will bring forward a $29.8 billion tax cut for millions of small employers in a dramatic move to lift investment and wages, turning attention back to the economy after a spate of spending promises from Labor.

Small companies will get their tax rate cut to 25 cents in the dollar five years earlier than previously planned under the significant new policy, which has been in planning for months and will be announced on Thursday.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Anidav posted:

tax cut.....to lift wages

I'm not sure relying on miracles to fix a problem is a good way to justify policy.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Jonah Galtberg posted:

two birds sunset ale owns

My local RSL had it on tap exactly once and I've missed it ever since. Delicious beer.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

KennyTheFish posted:

I would also try a report to the police.

BWAH HAAHHAHAHAH

...sorry, I've had dealings with the police over the last month, and they haven't been useful.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

JJ posted:

It's usually credit cards that have the guarantee but getting a stat dec will help to start with.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Quick question: what is the best union for IT professionals (specifically programmers and/or game devs) to join? An acquaintance thinks there's no union for them but I'm psure that's wrong.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
APESMA I believe

Good luck though, it's gotta be the least unionised field around because it's full of libertarians

AgentF
May 11, 2009
APESMA is now called Professionals Australia. I'm a member and I'm a software developer.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The Before Times posted:

Quick question: what is the best union for IT professionals (specifically programmers and/or game devs) to join? An acquaintance thinks there's no union for them but I'm psure that's wrong.

norp posted:

APESMA I believe

Good luck though, it's gotta be the least unionised field around because it's full of libertarians

If it's anything related to games harass the poo poo out of MEAA to come and talk to your co-workers. Professionals is fine if you are coding or whatever, but if you are creating entertainment MEAA want you.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I'm a public servant so I'm already in the CPSU, was literally asking for a friend. But thanks for the suggestions folks! Will pass the info on.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

norp posted:

APESMA I believe

This is actually starting to turn around. Very slowly, but with the rampant undiluted capitalism in silicone valley, a lot of what would be techbros are starting to talk about collective organising. They might not use the word 'union' for a while, but they're already starting grass roots associations.

Australia being 5 years behind the rest of the world in anything tech means it probably won't hit here for a while.

Edit: ironically it'll probably be the help desk and level 2/3 support staff that lead the charge. I managed 60% density in the helpdesk I used to work on, because the conditions were so poor.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

The Before Times posted:

I doubt there is one. I haven't been able to find any unions for things like help desk/support which is where the solidarity is really needed. I don't think there's much in terms of unionism in the fygm world of programming.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Don Dongington posted:

Australia being 5 years behind the rest of the world in anything

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Only 5? probably closer to 10 or 15

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

bell jar posted:

I doubt there is one. I haven't been able to find any unions for things like help desk/support which is where the solidarity is really needed. I don't think there's much in terms of unionism in the fygm world of programming.

Also a good proportion of devs choose to work as independent contractors, I literally had one turn down an offer of permanency 2 weeks ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Leading "No" campaigner and religious conservative Lyle Shelton says schools should not have the right to expel students simply for being gay - but should be able to do so if a student acts on that impulse by having sex.

• Locked thread