Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Heath posted:

Nintendo: hey have this free cute thing.

Goons: I can't believe how shoddy this is. It's kind of an insult to me personally, frankly
It's really lazily done and reflects poorly on their overall commitment to the NES Online platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Alan_Shore posted:

I just played it for an hour. I opened a huge new space on the beach, Penguin gave his friends some cucumbers, the owl fell asleep from giving everyone lucky tokens, and Neko manned the clothing store (but hid from the customers).

If feels like it's going to be pretty meaty. There's a ton of shops to unlock, lots of fun mini games which are still grayed out, and the town is massive.

I'm trying!
Is there English text? Will there be English text?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Astro7x posted:

Mega Man X would like a word with you...

Anyway, speaking of Mega Man, having some regrets over buying Mega Man 11. Not necessarily due to the game itself, because it's great, it's just really short for the price. The double gear system practically feels like a cheat mode though.

I get it, MM11 is probably a game I'll come back to and play several more times over the years, but it feels like I paid way too much for a 4 hour game. Even though I think I paid $32 with my prime discount, I can't help but feel like for $15 you could get MM Legacy Collection 1 and 2, or the X collection, and have more hours of fun for the same amount of money.

For what its worth they have a bundle now, all 4 legacy collections and mm11 for $60. That's a pretty good deal but like a sucker I already bought all the legacy collections and mm11 :mad:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Weirdly my biggest gaming desires center around NMS right now. I want it on the switch and I want it in VR

Do it Sean Murray you coward

Isn’t that game actually good now?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

WHY BONER NOW posted:

For what its worth they have a bundle now, all 4 legacy collections and mm11 for $60. That's a pretty good deal but like a sucker I already bought all the legacy collections and mm11 :mad:

whoa whoa whoa... seriously? Son of a bitch, I would have bought that in a heartbeat. Is that on the eShop?

content
Feb 13, 2014

Oh poo poo yes.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

Isn’t that game actually good now?

It is, oddly. I say that as someone who preordered it and got real mad at one point

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1050122107781148672

the hell am I even reading...

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Nintendo is trying to leverage the 100 million users to play Pokemon GO into the Switch ecosystem by locking a cool new Pokemon behind Pokemon Let's GO integration.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Astro7x posted:

whoa whoa whoa... seriously? Is that on the eShop?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

American McGay posted:

It's really lazily done and reflects poorly on their overall commitment to the NES Online platform.

It is probably their quick solution to people complaining that Zelda 1 is too hard to be enjoyable. Rather than create a brand-new ROM with code edits that drastically affect the game, they said "Here's a little headstart. You have max rupees, max keys, a handful of items, and the blue ring. Maybe this will help give you an edge." I think that's awesome for new and casual players.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I want to like arena of valor but it seems about 60% of the time someone DC's which makes the whole thing pointless

Edit: and that's the third game in a row someone has disconnected. I think that's it for me.

Frankston fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 10, 2018

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I have searched the eShop, and that bundle is either not in my region or hidden deep within the eShop.

All I can do is buy Mega Man 11 for $30

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Astro7x posted:

whoa whoa whoa... seriously? Son of a bitch, I would have bought that in a heartbeat. Is that on the eShop?

I cant check now...I know it's on psn and xbox live. But the article I read said they were pretty sure it's on steam and switch too but you need to check (?)

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/10/02/mega-man-30th-anniversary-bundle-all-platform

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol at Zelda1 being too hard

Like, ok, use a map if you don't remember where everything is because you weren't a kid in the late 80s, but the gameplay being too hard is :laffo:

edit: WITH SAVESTATES EVEN! :laffo::laffo:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1050131321983565824

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Weirdly my biggest gaming desires center around NMS right now. I want it on the switch and I want it in VR

lol the game runs like poo poo on a PS4Pro, imagine the shambles it'd be on Switch

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

burrbo for smash.

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Why did the Wii U get all the battle network games and we're just sitting around like chumps with our switches? I mean at least we're able to sit around like chumps while playing on buses but that makes it even more essential to get these games!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Bloop posted:

lol at Zelda1 being too hard

Like, ok, use a map if you don't remember where everything is because you weren't a kid in the late 80s, but the gameplay being too hard is :laffo:

edit: WITH SAVESTATES EVEN! :laffo::laffo:

lmao if you can't one-shot a manhandla with a single bomb or low% the first gleeok, jesus how do you even remember to eat, i literally brush my teeth with the whiskers of slain pols voice (no bow, you common whelp) and bathe in the blood of blue darknuts

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Takoluka posted:

lmao if you can't one-shot a manhandla with a single bomb or low% the first gleeok, jesus how do you even remember to eat, i literally brush my teeth with the whiskers of slain pols voice (no bow, you common whelp) and bathe in the blood of blue darknuts

Legend of Zelda really isn’t a hard game.

Navigation is a bitch but Zelda games have never really been about difficulty

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I would love to see a modern 7yo thrown into the deep end with Zelda 1 and see how they do.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Takoluka posted:

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1050138376693665793

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

This game is easy. *Get to the room with a bunch of blue darknuts.

content
Feb 13, 2014

LethalGeek posted:

I would love to see a modern 7yo thrown into the deep end with Zelda 1 and see how they do.

100 7 year-olds drop into the deep end with Zelda 1 and see how they do.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Navigation is a bitch but Zelda games have never really been about difficulty
3D Dot Game Heroes forgot that and was full of poo poo.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Frankston posted:

I want to like arena of valor but it seems about 60% of the time someone DC's which makes the whole thing pointless

Edit: and that's the third game in a row someone has disconnected. I think that's it for me.

Huh. I've played a dozen or so rounds now and only once did someone disconnect, but they came back after a minute or two.

Not sayin' it doesn't happen but huh.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bombadilillo posted:

This game is easy. *Get to the room with a bunch of blue darknuts.

Cheesing the first third isn't really going to help you prepare for that

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
The back of the box even says the legend of zelda is the most challenging video game they've ever created !

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
The original Zelda and Zelda 2 both have parts that are actually quite difficult, and both games are significantly more challenging than pretty much the entire rest of the Zelda series, except perhaps for Breath of the Wild before you get good items.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

It's actually the rooms full of blue wizrobes that will ruin your life.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Zelda1 is the second hardest Zelda game for sure (after II) but it's still not terribly difficult except for a few endgame rooms that this easy mode Zelda will only make you worse at, if anything.

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Zelda1 is the second hardest Zelda game for sure (after II) but it's still not terribly difficult except for a few endgame rooms that this easy mode Zelda will only make you worse at, if anything.

So then it's the hardest game BEFORE Zelda II?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Astro7x posted:

Mega Man X would like a word with you...

Anyway, speaking of Mega Man, having some regrets over buying Mega Man 11. Not necessarily due to the game itself, because it's great, it's just really short for the price. The double gear system practically feels like a cheat mode though.

So a megaman game

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Bombadilillo posted:

So a megaman game

That’s why they generally sell them in bundles now

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The everything bundle plus 11 for $60 mentioned. That on switch store?

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

The everything bundle plus 11 for $60 mentioned. That on switch store?

A comment on the article says it's not in steam or switch store :( maybe just not *yet*?

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/10/02/mega-man-30th-anniversary-bundle-all-platforms-60-dollars/

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1050137093555478529

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Zelda II's better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Legend of Zelda : Link Commits Tax Fraud