Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

And he's going to want to watch it just to make sure. It needs to be fair after all, no false accusations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Leading "No" campaigner and religious conservative Lyle Shelton says schools should not have the right to expel students simply for being gay - but should be able to do so if a student acts on that impulse by having sex.

Bringing back chastity inspections in TYOOL 2018.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Leading "No" campaigner and religious conservative Lyle Shelton says schools should not have the right to expel students simply for being gay - but should be able to do so if a student acts on that impulse by having sex.

“I am prepared to volunteer for the unpleasant but vital role of teen boy sex monitor,” Mr Shelton added, selflessly.

Edit: loving ham beeten

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Given Christianity’s problems with pedophilia you’d think that Lyle would be a bit more cautious before suggesting that childrens’ sex lives be monitored

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
True story two boys got punted from my school for loving in a gardening shed.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://twitter.com/Gallo_Ways/status/1050187577360142336
Hm

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Someone is mad about sodomy laws being repealed i see.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I like how the AFP keeps raiding politicians offices over leaks.

This is a fine thing to be happening and definitely healthy for our democracy.

Also it's funny how much Scomo and the LNP are flailing around trying to find anything to make them palatable, but all they can do is hate gays and FYGM.

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
i went to a boarding school that was 90% male and most of my classmates turned to gay trysts out of sheer frustration and the teen relationship dramas and multi-gender love polygons that arose from that situation were an amazing part of my young life

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
plus you know my actually gay classmates who would have probably committed suicide if they got just a little more officially-mandated poo poo from teachers and classmates, but that's not as funny

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Something Awful also bans you if you say "i'm gay".

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/oct/11/afp-search-raids-affairs-department-peter-dutton-au-pair-visa-leaks

There is indeed a search of Home Affairs by AFP.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

JBP posted:

It's usually credit cards that have the guarantee but getting a stat dec will help to start with.

Yeah credit cards normally have a better fraud guarantee (one of the advantages of using credit).

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
So this is just a thing now. AFP raids because someone decided to do some whistleblowing.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Something Awful also bans you if you say "i'm gay".

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Yup.

I like how the AFP is raiding the Home Affairs Office not due to wrong doing by Dutton, but because someone blew the whistle. FFS

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

JBP posted:

True story two boys got punted from my school for loving in a gardening shed.

Because they were gay or because they were shagging on school property?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

It's a federal crime make overlord Dutton look bad. No he himself cannot be found guilty of it, nice try

Anidav posted:

The Morrison government will bring forward a $29.8 billion tax cut for millions of small employers in a dramatic move to lift investment and wages, turning attention back to the economy after a spate of spending promises from Labor.

Small companies will get their tax rate cut to 25 cents in the dollar five years earlier than previously planned under the significant new policy, which has been in planning for months and will be announced on Thursday.

I told yall, having a go means small business owner

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Because they were gay or because they were shagging on school property?

Little of both presumably.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/SquigglyRick/status/1047726819422564352

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:barf:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

*taps thread title*

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Looks like quite a few services were provided

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Loving the New Balance with Suit look

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

this is creepy, are they following him around

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Mr Turnbull, how may we serve you today?

Back, sack and crack, love.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

bandaid.friend posted:

this is creepy, are they following him around
pretty sure the tabloids are much sleazier over there

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

lol if u think tories should be entitled to any privacy whatsoever

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
IPCC: Guys we really need to take action on climate change ASAP.

Capitalism:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Ignoring for the minute all the already identified problems with expelling gay kids, have any of these idiots even thought about how you would police it?

I assume there would have to be some sort of guideline of what is gay enough to expel? Could you claim unlawful discrimination if you said you weren’t gay. Maybe you were just trying it out one time and decided same sex relationships aren’t for you. Maybe you were platonically holding hands with someone of the same sex. Is there a difference between that and romantically holding hands?

I think all these questions are ridiculously stupid, but so are the churches demands.

Additionally their justification for wanting to expel the gay kids is because of the lifestyle values they hold, but I don’t see any defrocked and excommunicated priests walking around, so what should I be assuming about their values from that?

They’re all a bunch of hypocrites who need to be told ‘no’ and ‘gently caress off’

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I want some disaster polls and an election so bad. I've never wanted to kick out a government this bad since Campbell Newman.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
Greens get your poo poo together.

https://twitter.com/newmatilda/status/1050190335358394369

"A Greens NSW politician who has railed against defamation laws and their effects on free speech is suing multiple members of his own party – including demands for a $75,000 payout – after being publicly accused of sexually assaulting a young Greens staffer."

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Ora Tzo posted:

Greens get your poo poo together.

https://twitter.com/newmatilda/status/1050190335358394369

"A Greens NSW politician who has railed against defamation laws and their effects on free speech is suing multiple members of his own party – including demands for a $75,000 payout – after being publicly accused of sexually assaulting a young Greens staffer."

no, you can't make us

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Ignoring for the minute all the already identified problems with expelling gay kids, have any of these idiots even thought about how you would police it?

I assume there would have to be some sort of guideline of what is gay enough to expel? Could you claim unlawful discrimination if you said you weren’t gay. Maybe you were just trying it out one time and decided same sex relationships aren’t for you. Maybe you were platonically holding hands with someone of the same sex. Is there a difference between that and romantically holding hands?

I think all these questions are ridiculously stupid, but so are the churches demands.

Additionally their justification for wanting to expel the gay kids is because of the lifestyle values they hold, but I don’t see any defrocked and excommunicated priests walking around, so what should I be assuming about their values from that?

They’re all a bunch of hypocrites who need to be told ‘no’ and ‘gently caress off’

holding hands with someone of the same gender - gay

living on the fringe of society with twelve other men - not gay

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Enforceability doesn't matter because the whole idea is just to make gay kids afraid of coming out.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

how the gently caress can the greens not kick out buckingham

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

bell jar posted:

Gotta hold onto the "worst state politics" title or Queensland will snatch it. We're trying real hard up here.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

bell jar posted:

As QM said, half a dozen rotten regional local groups can override basically any decisions made in the Greens because any decisions made need a 3/4 or more majority.

What did he do this time?

e: oh yeah I saw the article, yeah this isn't the first time he's threatened to sue young greens for defamation. If you have to vote Greens in the NSW upper house in 2019, do it below the line.

Aesculus fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Oct 11, 2018

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

If the Greens don't change their behaviour internally within the next five years I will join the Labor party.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Join the greens and bring change from within.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

bell jar posted:

from that article:

quote:

As it turned out, Mr Buckingham was defeated in the Greens NSW pre-selection for the upcoming state election by rival David Shoebridge, meaning he drops to the third spot on the Greens NSW ticket, making winning a seat back in parliament extremely difficult.

should be gone soon

• Locked thread