Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

JackBadass posted:

Got my Warden lizard looking snazzy.

Looks very high-elfy, but good in spite of that obvious flaw!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
My chief complaint so far is that my weapon keeps disappearing.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Coldforge posted:

Looks very high-elfy, but good in spite of that obvious flaw!

None of the other chests looked any good.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

JackBadass posted:

None of the other chests looked any good.

Shoulders, too?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Coldforge posted:

Shoulders, too?

I wanted big shoulders.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Which motifs are best for looking like relatively normal clothing and not crazy fantasy armor?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Snowy posted:

Which motifs are best for looking like relatively normal clothing and not crazy fantasy armor?

None. There used to just be clothes in the game, but they took them out. Now your option is cash shop costumes.

Other than that, Merc light robes look like a trench coat.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

JackBadass posted:

None. There used to just be clothes in the game, but they took them out. Now your option is cash shop costumes.

Other than that, Merc light robes look like a trench coat.

thanks, but ugh that sucks

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
There's a disguise you can get by doing the main quest on Stros M'Kai that is literally a blue shirt and tan pants. It's the best "average rear end clothes" setup in the game. Get it, love it, prosper.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Snowy posted:

thanks, but ugh that sucks

Zenimax has gone all in on being the dressing room simulator, so we might get it back in the form of style pages.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Clothes are still in the game. We never took them out. Rob more homes.

They're just not currently available for Outfits.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I just want to make my armor less cartoonish, like a nice chimneysweep or pauper motif would be good, a sorcerer should still have powers in a beaten up robe.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Snowy posted:

I just want to make my armor less cartoonish, like a nice chimneysweep or pauper motif would be good, a sorcerer should still have powers in a beaten up robe.

There's the prisoner's outfit style (you get for free at level 40)? Also the nordic bather's towel costume.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

doomfunk posted:

Random complaint: Shimmerene is such an awesome little city, I wish someone had put one of the houses there instead of clustering them all around Alinor :shakefist:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Disguises are still a thing, stop spreading false poo poo.

*still has Crown/Forebear Disdashas and Servant outfit in like 4 inventories*

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Would like an invite to the EU guild if there is such a thing, @inepti

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Coldforge posted:

There's the prisoner's outfit style (you get for free at level 40)? Also the nordic bather's towel costume.

Oh yeah I forgot that the prisoners outfit was a style! I usually just use costumes but they get old. Love the wedding suit, and yeah that towel is handy from time to time. The plague doctor without the helm is good too.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Snowy posted:

i like the breton medium style for that. the jack and shoulders remind me of a set youd find in the witcher.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Redoran style kind of looks like the flowery crap that grandmas like to wear.

mooski
Oct 5, 2005

Sassy
While the servers are still down for maintenance, here's Uncle Sheogorath rapping:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPxvTd_jCPQ

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

I know the launcher says the servers are down but it lies, they are up.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Do we get our free poo poo today?

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Yeah, although the game doesn't actually tell you that. The pet and mount are in collections and the house is in the housing tab.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

mooski posted:

While the servers are still down for maintenance, here's Uncle Sheogorath rapping:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPxvTd_jCPQ

This is impressive as hell.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Ah, what are the odds of 3 high elf furniture packs showing up on the same day that everyone gets their welfare villa :v:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Lima posted:

Ah, what are the odds of 3 high elf furniture packs showing up on the same day that everyone gets their welfare villa :v:
They introduced 4 separate Alinor furnishing packs yesterday.

The Psijic mansion is apparently totally empty, 0/700 slots used. Even the simplest cheapo inn rooms came with a candle. :raise:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Mizuti posted:

They introduced 4 separate Alinor furnishing packs yesterday.

The Psijic mansion is apparently totally empty, 0/700 slots used. Even the simplest cheapo inn rooms came with a candle. :raise:

Does that mean it doesn’t have the stuff that was in the preview? Watch it doesn’t have any trees or anything.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Snowy posted:

Does that mean it doesn’t have the stuff that was in the preview? Watch it doesn’t have any trees or anything.
Correct, no trees or shrubs. (Luckily, there's lots of good ones available on vendors for 100g.)

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
There’s an Alinor furniture vendor right across from the crafting area, and the achievement furniture vendor is nearby. Both have a lot of thematic material, plant life and some furniture to use.

Also don’t forget about the Psijic achievement vendor in Artaeum, who mostly sells recipes for Psijic chairs, tables, banners and lights.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Honestly, it'll be nice to have a wholly unfurnished large house to start with, instead of having to pick up random rocks and shrubs and poo poo everywhere first.

I'm happy to craft furniture for goons if you provide the materials. Also if you're just getting started, I'll send you a housewarming present—just send me a mail or whisper in game (@Rollersnake)and lemme know what sort of furniture you like.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

doomfunk posted:

Any plans to ever make them available as outfits?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

Disguises are still a thing, stop spreading false poo poo.

I never said they weren't. We're talking about the clothing items that take the place of armor pieces, not disguises.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

JackBadass posted:

I never said they weren't. We're talking about the clothing items that take the place of armor pieces, not disguises.

Yeah this is really what I want. Especially for light armor.

I’d love to be able to mix and match pieces the way people do with various armor sets, but just look a little less cartoonish. If I can do it with an outfit, why not the armor itself?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Snowy posted:

Yeah this is really what I want. Especially for light armor.

I’d love to be able to mix and match pieces the way people do with various armor sets, but just look a little less cartoonish. If I can do it with an outfit, why not the armor itself?

I mean, there's apparently still clothing items in containers from looting houses. Haven't seen any in a year and a half, but I guess I just haven't been looting enough containers. They work like that, but the trade off is you now don't have a piece of armor on.

Hopefully they add them in as styles down the road.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
The clothing items definitely still drop, and I've been collecting them in anticipation of them eventually adding them to the outfit system, because there's really no good reason why they shouldn't.

I really want the option to hide shoulders too. Until that happens, Akaviri is probably the best motif for shoulders that don't clash too badly with casual outfits.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

They should just give us the option to hide any armor. Let us run around buffed to hell in our underwear.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Do any other MMOs have that? I feel like you'd end up with over half the player base running around in their undies all the time, instead of just with their crafting alts.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I can't confirm or deny anything regarding future plans for Outfit. Other than that it'll be awesome, of course.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Rollersnake posted:

Do any other MMOs have that? I feel like you'd end up with over half the player base running around in their undies all the time, instead of just with their crafting alts.

Secret World and its subsequent relaunch into the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Rollersnake posted:

FFXIV has that and people without visible armor are very rare.