Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

big nipples big life posted:

why does the stupid wehraboo keep bringing up Derek's games?

He's a weapons grade fuckwit, a joyless enigma machine of a logic bot. For some reason defending a poo poo tier uber generic space game means so much to him he drags all the tired cliches out and finally went down the 'well blah blah cancer' route like the predictable, tired, white noise twat he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydyy-frH1-U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Goblin posted:

he sucks poo poo, hth

at least laz and moma are entertaining, this one indeed sucks poo poo.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

It sickens me to think about how the FOIP demo failed. Perhaps the guy using it really was having a stroke and it was relayed properly in fidelity.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

He's a weapons grade fuckwit, a joyless enigma machine of a logic bot. For some reason defending a poo poo tier uber generic space game means so much to him he drags all the tired cliches out and finally went down the 'well blah blah cancer' route like the predictable, tired, white noise twat he is.

this is the best video on youtube

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

i'm waiting for evil marvil to post the miyamoto quote

Twyst
Mar 5, 2005
:O

Hah, but you probably like cartoons which are for children, nerds and deviants.

*returns to role-playing a nazi in video games*

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Daztek posted:

i'm waiting for evil marvil to post the miyamoto quote

it should cost him :10bux: if he does

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

peter gabriel posted:

I wish I could post this on the Frontier forums, where he lurks as well.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Bad news, Beer. It appears we have become one.

https://twitter.com/Ellindar1/status/1050272830619701248

We're uhhhhh we're gonna have to have a talk about which NFL team to support.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Dogeh posted:

I wish I could post this on the Frontier forums, where he lurks as well.

Nah huh, I think the frontier guys had the questionable sense to ban him at some point. He does not seem to want to go back. Much rather we keep him here for the lols though.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

EvilMerlin posted:

Bad news?

That it took two years to get NMS to anyplace near what is promised for release and it's still not all there with a ton of repeated flora and fauna? Yeah good on Hello Games to continue to try to get us what was promised (and yes, I own and played the game)?

No Man's Sky is irrelevant, but it's actually on sale and has been for two years. This isn't going to be released for another couple of years, and it's still a buggy mess. The problem is that fund raising has to continue while the football is getting tossed down the road constantly. You're an apologist for an advance order scheme at the moment.

Consider that NMS launched as V1.0. SC is still going to have post-launch issues, so the claims that it's going to be perfect on release are as substantial as Chris' programming chops.

We still have a fairly massive list of things that were promised during the initial kickstarter that haven't made it to the actual game, and yet, since the kickstarter, multiple ships have been added without the complementary mechanics. In fact, comparing last year with this year, the plot of the mission was largely the same, but they've gotten rid of the 'space' in their 'space game'.

I know you're trolling, so don't worry about replying; there are bigger fish to land in the forum.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5Q-QFvFHxg

Dude, this has the pacing of a bad TV show - 24 minutes for you to get to a fighter. An _hour_ to run a single mission? You can bet your rear end it's not going to resemble the final product.

Out of all the gimmicks, it's been the most successful.

Hav fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Oct 11, 2018

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:five:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Goblin posted:

Beet for the Beet Wagon

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, where do i go to buy the newest price-of-a-used-car capital ship that wouldn't be in the game until 2021 at the earliest? Finally showing the first trailer and refusing to provide a release date four years after the game was supposed to be completed has me really excited. That quarter billion dollars was well spent and i can't wait to see what they do with the next quarter billion.

Rectal Death Adept fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 11, 2018

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hav posted:

Out of all the gimmicks, it's been the most successful.

Nah, people dove on guys like Lazrin for page after page too, and that's saying nothing of Octopode (:rip: you're postin with the angels now) and all the other guys who came in here to post weak takedowns of Line of Defense or whatever.

Adolf here is just the shiny new toy, and thus has captured the thread's attention until it gets bored again.

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

peter gabriel posted:

Well for one major reason, its supposedly a direct competitor... DUH

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

MedicineHut posted:

Nah huh, I think the frontier guys had the questionable sense to ban him at some point. He does not seem to want to go back. Much rather we keep him here for the lols though.

Nope, not banned. I just don't play Elite much any more.

Made a couple posts just for you.

EvilMerlin fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Oct 11, 2018

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Beet Goblin posted:

Nah, people dove on guys like Lazrin for page after page too, and that's saying nothing of Octopode (:rip: you're postin with the angels now) and all the other guys who came in here to post weak takedowns of Line of Defense or whatever.

Adolf here is just the shiny new toy, and thus has captured the thread's attention until it gets bored again.

I mean he's not been imprisoned in Alaska yet, so he's not the worst Citizer we've had so far.

Edit:
I think Lazrin liked loving with Derek more than he defended SC, so when Derek was banned Lazrin lost interest.

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Oct 11, 2018

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
If you think there is a secret SQ42 build that can run a space battle smoothly (as shown in the few seconds of the trailer) and yet they decided to go with boring "trains and 2 hours for a dull fetch quest" for their CitCon instead, just slap yourself across the face for me.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

EvilMerlin posted:

That's not a “major reason” why you have to defend it, you know — that's just a particularly braindead bit of tribalism.

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

AbstractNapper posted:

If you think there is a secret SQ42 build that can run a space battle smoothly (as shown in the few seconds of the trailer) and yet they decided to go with boring "trains and 2 hours for a dull fetch quest" for their CitCon instead, just slap yourself across the face for me.

Uh, you do know that SQ42 is a different part of the game than the "trains and 2 hours for a dull fetch quest" right?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

AbstractNapper posted:

Someone's not a train enthusiast, I see. Do you even have a favorite metro system, BRO?

EvilMerlin posted:

Uh, you do know that SQ42 is a different part of the game than the "trains and 2 hours for a dull fetch quest" right?

To be fair, the trains were new. The walking and fetching things is still in the 'vertical slice', which is intended to showcase all the game systems.

Which bit did you like the most about Squadron 42?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

EvilMerlin posted:

Too bad you have no way of actually knowing that.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
At their biggest (only?) event of the year CIG managed to show two hours of gameplay that featured no space combat and only a single mission. They followed this up with several hours of Dreams.ppt, a self-aggrandizing declaration of how close they are to release bolstered by some rather tortuous definitions of progress, and finished off with a trailer that extensively featured old content. For this you have thousands of fans singing Chris's praises.

Is Star Citizen a scam? Not unless it turns out CIG actively lied in order to maintain backer confidence. I think Theranos is a good comparison. Theranos actively lied about sales and vendors in order to maintain investor confidence in the company. They hid the fact that their core technology was vaporware. CIG is something different; they're open about how loving terrible things are. When you watch a two hour grind to get $4 worth of spacebux that still requires blatant cheating you are seeing exactly what the developers intend. This isn't like Sim City 2013 where they hid how bad things were behind a limited demo. What you see is explicitly what you get.

I admit, I was wrong. Chris didn't lie. They're working on a space sim. A literal simulation, in space. It's going to be as realistic as Chris can envision. Whether or not that's fun is up to the player, but people spend thousands of dollars on train simulator DLC so who am I to judge.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Goblin posted:

Let's just agree that the Cowboys suck.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

EvilMerlin posted:

gently caress yyyooouuuuuu

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

EvilMerlin posted:

Your point is what exactly, then? That since SC (boring demo) is a different game from SQ42 (exciting fake battle in trailer), it's better to show the boring rather than the fun?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Let's just agree that the Cowboys suck.

I can work with this.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Hav posted:

Dude, this has the pacing of a bad TV show - 24 minutes for you to get to a fighter. An _hour_ to run a single mission? You can bet your rear end it's not going to resemble the final product.

No, it will. This is now the what, third gameplay loop Chris has shown? All feature the same pacing. Chris is showing backers exactly what he wants. What you see is what you get.

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral

Hav posted:

Someone's not a train enthusiast, I see. Do you even have a favorite metro system, BRO?

How can one have a single favourite metro system? London's for the history, Moscow's for the elegance, and Tokyo's because it's Tokyo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Also the only time they showed any space poo poo was when some devs were talking about making Gas clouds or whatever.

Lastly they bought the tech for their Facial DNA system or whatever so they didn't even make that poo poo. They just figured out how to Frankenstein it into the game. One of the Devs said that they nearly had to drop it because they couldn't get it to work with the game.

They literally bought something that they couldn't even get to work right.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

ZenMaster posted:

OK GOONS

:siren: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LN0TsXLcfc :siren:

Citcon 2018, low lights reel, for those who missed it or don't want to watch for 2 hours.

Amazing, thank you for this

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Also the only time they showed any space poo poo was when some devs were talking about making Gas clouds or whatever.

Lastly they bought the tech for their Facial DNA system or whatever so they didn't even make that poo poo. They just figured out how to Frankenstein it into the game. One of the Devs said that they nearly had to drop it because they couldn't get it to work with the game.

They literally bought something that they couldn't even get to work right.

Apparently using it is the cause of a crash on the PTU :allears:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
[quote="EvilMerlin" post=""488788278"]

I sometimes think
[/quote]

That's already a brazen lie, gimmick posters are incapable of thinking, or they wouldn't need a posting gimmick.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Daztek posted:

Working as intended!

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Daztek posted:

"This piece of crap tech is crashing the PTU"
-- A possible quote from the same reddit user we quoted a few days ago praising our tech.

We were right to put our eggs in the the cult community's basket swamp pit.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Aqua Seafoam Shame posted:

How can one have a single favourite metro system? London's for the history, Moscow's for the elegance, and Tokyo's because it's Tokyo.

D.C. isn't bad.

I find it hilarious this is what to talk about.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Can't wait until the broken brains on reddit start linking that FPS tracker in every post if they haven't already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

AbstractNapper posted:

"This piece of crap tech is crashing the PTU"
-- A possible quote from the same reddit user we quoted a few days ago praising our tech.

We were right to put our eggs in the the cult community's basket swamp pit.

Lol no their facial DNA system is a completely different system they bought vs the FOIP one they also bought.

I'd really love to see a chart of poo poo they have actually made them selves vs bought and somehow managed to frankenstien into the engine.