Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Defiance Industries posted:

Not knowing who Florida Georgia Line are is awesome, though, because it means you don't live in one of America's shame places.

Are we talking about Flo Rida or something entirely different?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Smoking Crow posted:

Every part of the US is shameful

You might be ashamed of having Kevin Nash-esque chicken legs if you were otherwise ripped, but not if you also had a giant gut that kept you from seeing your penis at all

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wonder what's more pathetic and indicative of your low status between liking country music and pro wrestling, you know, to really cool people who live in s3x city. it's probably about even

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cavauro posted:

really cool people who live in s3x city.

Zipcode 42069 :cool:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Lone Goat posted:

Are we talking about Flo Rida or something entirely different?

there's a country band named Florida Georgia Line that had massive success in the early 2010s and people were like "WHAT IS THIS BAND THAT WWE IS TRYING TO USE ON TV!? THIS MUSIC IS NOT POPULAR!"

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jerusalem posted:

Zipcode 42069 :cool:

That’s Melber, Kentucky apparently

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

exploded mummy posted:

there's a country band named Florida Georgia Line that had massive success in the early 2010s and people were like "WHAT IS THIS BAND THAT WWE IS TRYING TO USE ON TV!? THIS MUSIC IS NOT POPULAR!"

I looked them up on YouTube and saw a song with 140 million plays and never heard it before.

But maybe country music gets less play in Canada compared to other American genres.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lone Goat posted:

I looked them up on YouTube and saw a song with 140 million plays and never heard it before.

But maybe country music gets less play in Canada compared to other American genres.

Depends where you live. In the maritimes it's pretty popular according to this article. https://nationalpost.com/entertainm...f-beliebers/amp

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

They still have massive success nowadays even on songs that aren't theirs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDo0H8Fm7d0

But yeah it was hilarious watching people in the Raw thread try to act like they were some no name group WWE decided to throw on there randomly. It's fine if you don't like something but that doesn't make it unknown.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

They still have massive success nowadays even on songs that aren't theirs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDo0H8Fm7d0

But yeah it was hilarious watching people in the Raw thread try to act like they were some no name group WWE decided to throw on there randomly. It's fine if you don't like something but that doesn't make it unknown.

In their defence, WWE has a habit of glomming on to some pretty lovely flavor of the month groups; for every Motorhead, which have a long rich legacy with rock and metal, there's 10 Union Underground's.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 11, 2018

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I’ve never heard of Florida Georgia Line and don’t know why I would have since pop country has its own weird huge fan base that I’m not a part of so I would have assumed it was just some randos wwe got for cheap licensing. That’s their MO like 90% of the time when they bring an outside band in

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

El Gallinero Gros posted:

In their defence, WWE has a habit of glomming on to some pretty lovely flavor of the month groups; for every Motorhead, which have a long rich legacy with rock and metal, there's 10 Union Underground's.

Sounds like you want my generation to take the fall

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Florida Georgia Line is probably way less into Hitler than Motorhead so maybe they are in fact good.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

Yeah I’ve never heard of Florida Georgia Line and don’t know why I would have since pop country has its own weird huge fan base that I’m not a part of so I would have assumed it was just some randos wwe got for cheap licensing. That’s their MO like 90% of the time when they bring an outside band in

That's fair but two of their biggest hits are crossovers with a pop singer and a rapper that were beaten into the ground on mainstream pop radio. If you didn't ever hear them there then you're lucky you never worked anywhere that played the radio.

I'm in the mid 30's so anymore I just assume that if a band shows up on something popular that they've been huge for a while and I'm just out of the loop lol

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They’ve basically printed money since 2012.

Also, their whiskey is pretty good relative to your standard cheap whiskeys.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I've never heard of any bands personally. I've never seen an ad.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

I've never heard of any bands personally. I've never seen an ad.

Let me tell you about a little band called Crazy Town

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

You don't need radio play to be popular

6ix9ine has the #12 song in the country and he's not getting play anywhere

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

You don't need radio play to be popular

6ix9ine has the #12 song in the country and he's not getting play anywhere

He also fucks kids but that's a whole different argument altogether and is more suited for a Jerry Lawler thread

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

why get radio play when you can gimmick downloads on streaming services

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Mr. Carlisle posted:

He also fucks kids but that's a whole different argument altogether and is more suited for a Jerry Lawler thread

That's part of the reason why he gets no play

Streams is streams

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A subtle joke in the Observer this week

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cavauro posted:

i wonder what's more pathetic and indicative of your low status between liking country music and pro wrestling, you know, to really cool people who live in s3x city. it's probably about even

This is a good question. My thought is because certain elements ironically enjoy pro wrestling, it might be forgiven more, although then you have to consider the people ironically liking country music on its alternate title "bluegrass."

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Check out Hillbilly Luchadore's podcast, 90s Country Music With Lawtide

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Is anyone here using Player.FM to play WOR? I can get it to work on the web app but it fails to download or stream on my phone. I'm trying to find a podcast player with cross device sync that works with WOR but have not had any luck so far.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Snickersology

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Rick posted:

This is a good question. My thought is because certain elements ironically enjoy pro wrestling, it might be forgiven more, although then you have to consider the people ironically liking country music on its alternate title "bluegrass."

as someone from appalachia,

bluegrass is completely different

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Incessant Excess posted:

Is anyone here using Player.FM to play WOR? I can get it to work on the web app but it fails to download or stream on my phone. I'm trying to find a podcast player with cross device sync that works with WOR but have not had any luck so far.

If those devices are Apple, you can subscribe directly to the RSS feed in Overcast, and Apple Podcasts and probably others if the devices can connect to icloud and your playcout/position should sync across these devices. For older devices, if you subscribe via itunes, you can subscribe to the RSS then sync them to other stuff.

It probably works in Android too I just don't know how.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Rick posted:

If those devices are Apple, you can subscribe directly to the RSS feed in Overcast, and Apple Podcasts and probably others if the devices can connect to icloud and your playcout/position should sync across these devices. For older devices, if you subscribe via itunes, you can subscribe to the RSS then sync them to other stuff.

It probably works in Android too I just don't know how.

I am on Android which you sadly give too much credit :negative:

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Rick posted:

wow its a 2008 "loving hipsters" post in 2018

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'm confused because bluegrass is unironically good. Who is ironically liking it?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The_Rob posted:

I'm confused because bluegrass is unironically good. Who is ironically liking it?

Those Sorts Of People, op. You know what i mean.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

country music not churned out by those loving nashville gentrifiers is really good stuff.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i know squat about country music but most of the songs on the country channel in gta5 slapped

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Music is good

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
A better sound than regular ol' talking, anyway

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Music is good

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I seldom listen to WOL but I definitely wanna follow this Saudi Arabia nonsense as closely as I can. Hearing Bryan say “a majority of the talent doesn’t wanna go” and then me slowly realizing that it’ll be a sponsor issue way faster than it becomes a labor issue was pretty crushing tbh.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Karmine posted:

I seldom listen to WOL but I definitely wanna follow this Saudi Arabia nonsense as closely as I can. Hearing Bryan say “a majority of the talent doesn’t wanna go” and then me slowly realizing that it’ll be a sponsor issue way faster than it becomes a labor issue was pretty crushing tbh.

Yeah, Dave was right on WOR when he said that if any wrestlers speak out they’ll be looking for work pretty soon afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Yeah, Dave was right on WOR when he said that if any wrestlers speak out they’ll be looking for work pretty soon afterwards.

So they have two good reasons to speak up.