Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ChickenHeart posted:

Also that no-one has tried porting models from Earth Defense Force and I'm too inept to figure out how to do it myself

:yeah: !!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Give me the weapons from EDF. Wanna send my soldiers into the field with übergrenades that physically cannot be thrown far enough to escape the blast radius

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
The UFO defence music is outstanding I've been listening to it for hours. I can't decide which is my favourite soundtrack.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

I'm gonna be one more poster to say that the remastered soundtrack is straight fire.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

YouSpoonyBard posted:

Hey all, the new OST got posted to Bandcamp and it's incredible.

https://2kgamesmusic.bandcamp.com/

Enjoy!

This cannot be quoted enough, classic Ufo Defense soundtrack is simply incredible.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I was just thinking how will they handle the Chosen theme songs, then realised they made new tracks just for them.

I can't wait to be attacked by the disco-Warlock! :pcgaming:

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Why is there not an "all" selection for soundtrack though

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Deuce posted:

Why is there not an "all" selection for soundtrack though

Yeah. The og soundtrack is nice but it's not EU/EW nice.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Hot take there. Interception is kickin' rad.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Wait a week, I imagine.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I haven't really been able to dig into this yet, but I'm hoping to make time tonight. Anything I should know before going in? Any settings I should have changed up front, etc?

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

Bogart posted:

Wait a week, I imagine.

Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised if a combined soundtrack and more soundtrack mods start popping up on the Workshop, now that soundtrack switching is basically officially supported. There were soundtrack mods before, but IIRC you needed you needed another mod to make them work.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Are the legacy weapons just there to give you a leg up at the start of a new game? Not complaining, I like them, but the lack of modability will hurt them in the longrun.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Iymarra posted:

Hot take there. Interception is kickin' rad.

:jerkbag: heres where you meant to post that: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3828221

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Jesus the 4th set of Legacy Ops are hard. Are they supposed to be more stealth-oriented? The third one of them features a loving huge amount of enemies, that are pretty drat tough, and not really a great way through, though the objectives don't seem to require you to kill all of the aliens, just destroy poo poo and evac.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Ravenfood posted:

Jesus the 4th set of Legacy Ops are hard. Are they supposed to be more stealth-oriented? The third one of them features a loving huge amount of enemies, that are pretty drat tough, and not really a great way through, though the objectives don't seem to require you to kill all of the aliens, just destroy poo poo and evac.

I was just about to post that. I got golds on nightmare on all 4; once you get a good start in the first mission of each of the first three sets the only tough one is the last one.

Then you get Lazarus, which is a massive bitch where stealth is more important. The really brutal mission is the one in the middle where the second pod has two berserkers and happens to be right on top of another pod. With a 5 man group including a reaper you can't kill everything fast enough even with mimic beacons. The only good way to do that mission is to sneak past all of the pods after the first, move everyone to the exit, plant the bomb with the reaper and get out afterwards. It took three restarts to do it properly.

Also, when you get to Lazarus 7/7...save a prox mine and a scanning protocol and use the scan before the last room. Thank me later.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Adar posted:

I was just about to post that. I got golds on nightmare on all 4; once you get a good start in the first mission of each of the first three sets the only tough one is the last one.

Then you get Lazarus, which is a massive bitch where stealth is more important. The really brutal mission is the one in the middle where the second pod has two berserkers and happens to be right on top of another pod. With a 5 man group including a reaper you can't kill everything fast enough even with mimic beacons. The only good way to do that mission is to sneak past all of the pods after the first, move everyone to the exit, plant the bomb with the reaper and get out afterwards. It took three restarts to do it properly.

Also, when you get to Lazarus 7/7...save a prox mine and a scanning protocol and use the scan before the last room. Thank me later.
Yep, that mission was the one I was talking about. Cool, I can definitely focus more on stealthing it, because trying to fight my way through was insanely hard.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

playing this again for the first time in two years and dear god these squaddies

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Digirat posted:

playing this again for the first time in two years and dear god these squaddies

Bradford took a shot at an ADVENT goon on the roof and blew the floor out under a nearby civilian instead, plunging him to his death.

XCOM means incompetence from top-to-bottom.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Adar posted:

I got really lucky and the berserker pod pathed over to the other one and I got to claymore +capacitor discharge the whole lot and Bradford finished the berserkers off with bladestorm when they charged in.

I didn't find the last set of missions super tricky at least on story mode. You wind up with like 7 or 8 soldiers for the last mission and if you pick the chosen shotgun both Bradford and Jane Kelly get it.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

brakeless posted:

I'm gonna be one more poster to say that the remastered soundtrack is straight fire.

I know they were trying to stand on their own with EU, but they seriously hosed up by not using or remixing any of the classic themes. This was way better than any of the original trailers, for instance.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
The Lazarus missions ending is just :allears:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I kinda want the unlocks from the bradford campaigns before I start playing WOTC but at this rate it’s going to take ages with all the fun surprises I’m finding that changed since I last played, like mimic beacons not actually making enemies attack them anymore and prox mines not getting set off by grenades anymore

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Prox grenade change was sadness

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Anias posted:

Prox grenade change was sadness

It's lead to a few funny moments. My fave was when I mined an avatar-andromedon pod, sticky-claymored the avatar then activated the pod with a Ranger Rapid-Fire on the Avatar. I was shocked when the mine didn't go off even when the Andromedon charged, only to laugh my rear end off when the nearly dead suit ran back in panic to collect another pod only to step in the mine's radius.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Bradford wearing the plate armor that only covers the chest without any shirt underneath is something special :allears:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Dr Christmas posted:

Bradford wearing the plate armor that only covers the chest without any shirt underneath is something special :allears:

Yeah, he went through a bit of a Mad Max phase for me too. :swoon:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Alkydere posted:

It's lead to a few funny moments. My fave was when I mined an avatar-andromedon pod, sticky-claymored the avatar then activated the pod with a Ranger Rapid-Fire on the Avatar. I was shocked when the mine didn't go off even when the Andromedon charged, only to laugh my rear end off when the nearly dead suit ran back in panic to collect another pod only to step in the mine's radius.

Wait do they not even go off if you drop one next to an alien and it starts to move already within the radius

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Digirat posted:

Wait do they not even go off if you drop one next to an alien and it starts to move already within the radius

I know they go off if you get a soldier tongue grabbed into a pod that’s sitting on one.

fucker

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

TK-42-1 posted:

I know they go off if you get a soldier tongue grabbed into a pod that’s sitting on one.

fucker

also when this happens, the guy still somehow takes bound damage after the prox mine triggers and kills the snake, which means that 6 + 2 damage will instakill someone at the start of Bradford’s campaign with their 7 health

ask me how I know

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Rewards for Lily's chair mission are pretty unfortunate. Lose 1x Proximity Mine or 2x Mimic Beacons. I make more mistakes than plans, so I gave up the mine, but I'm not happy about it.

Digirat posted:

Just got out of a mission where I dropped a proxy mine on an unactivated pod and it blew them up at the start of their turn so??

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Is anyone else having a problem with grenadiers launching what are supposed to be frag grenades but seem to always turn into proximity mines?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Long shot, but I was under the impression that if you lost alien hunter weapons in WOTC, you could run another proving ground project to replace them. Maybe it was a friend talking about a mod but did I just lose my axe and bolt caster for the rest of the game? :saddowns:

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

ulmont posted:

Is anyone else having a problem with grenadiers launching what are supposed to be frag grenades but seem to always turn into proximity mines?

I've been having that, but with Fire Grenades instead of Frag. I thought I was just loving it up repeatedly.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Danaru posted:

Long shot, but I was under the impression that if you lost alien hunter weapons in WOTC, you could run another proving ground project to replace them. Maybe it was a friend talking about a mod but did I just lose my axe and bolt caster for the rest of the game? :saddowns:

Yes

Build more.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1131557943

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Holy poo poo Tygan’s nickname in the last campaign made me lol.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Amazing.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

That save's on the PS4 :smith:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

It was good, but not as good as the DJ being called Jake Levy. (He's voiced by Jake Busey, who played Ace Levy in Starship Troopers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I just got to that point and came here to post exactly this.