Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

does anyone have a link to the story where Jah had some Cholo kids call him the Love Guru?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Jah is 100% correct in thinking that he would make an excellent 80’s yogi/cult leader.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Love that American Vandal is one of the few things ever that Seth and Jonathan can both agree is genuinely great.

Also, holy poo poo at Seth's announcement.

image.
Sep 18, 2018

The one thing I don't like about the videos is that you don't get the intro/outro songs. It seems a little weird just jumping right into the episode but I understand why they wouldn't have a song with a blank screen or whatever they'd decide for 3 minutes to start the show.

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home

GraPar posted:

Also, holy poo poo at Seth's announcement.

What announcement?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Tribal Rival posted:

What announcement?

Girlfriend surprised him with a Hawaii vacation, his first real vacation ever

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Seth never mentions female friends and hates the ocean/beach/leaving LA

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home

mcvey posted:

Girlfriend surprised him with a Hawaii vacation, his first real vacation ever

I always like that Seth kept his personal life so separate from the show... But good for him.

let i hug
Dec 25, 2011

I'm having trouble finding the episode where Seth gets upset about Dwayne Johnson having Nicholson's floor seats for the Lakers. Anyone remember which one it was?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Tribal Rival posted:

I always like that Seth kept his personal life so separate from the show... But good for him.

Yeah I kind of feel like Seth is sometimes the world's most private person. When they were on Marc Maron's show I thought oh this will be interesting given that both Marc and Seth are going through sobriety and it was clear that for one, Seth clearly doesn't like talking about himself and two, Seth is surprisingly bad at talking with people that aren't Jonathan/his girlfriend/his mother.

star war beta max
Sep 26, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
And three, Marc Maron is the world's worst interviewer.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

I don’t know about that, has he really done as many awkward interviews as Chris Hanson?

image.
Sep 18, 2018

DrVenkman posted:

Yeah I kind of feel like Seth is sometimes the world's most private person. When they were on Marc Maron's show I thought oh this will be interesting given that both Marc and Seth are going through sobriety and it was clear that for one, Seth clearly doesn't like talking about himself and two, Seth is surprisingly bad at talking with people that aren't Jonathan/his girlfriend/his mother.

The Worlds Most Private Person, who gives away where he's gonna be sitting at at an NFL game weeks before. He also says "look me up in the books" since his address/phone number is still listed in the white pages/online and he's given out his apartment number on the show before.

E: vvvvv yeah lol the second sentence I added and didn't wanna make it it's own EDIT:, hoping no one saw it.

image. fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Oct 4, 2018

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Look him up, he's in the book.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The reason uyd works is because seth and j have a really specific chemistry with each other. On the maron interview j has his rich kid anecdotes but essentially seth is just a normal guy. There wasn't really any back story they just got together and recorded the pod cast.

I have listened to loads of interviews with huge hollywood stars or musicians who don't interview well it's a skill in itself.

e - This just reminded me. If you haven't heard the maron interview with j's dad, you really should. He is the perfect example of some one that can discuss subjects but also had a really interesting life. It's ep 777.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Oct 4, 2018

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Can anybody recall which episode has Seth going to Cafe Jack's and repeatedly asking "IS THIS, LIKE, A KOREAN THING?"

I miss Weck's Wiki

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Will I get a separate email with login info from uyd for the archive? I tried using my patreon details maybe it just hasn't cleared yet.

e - never mind I figured it out.

Trying to download episodes I just get "waiting for available socket".

Jippa fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Oct 5, 2018

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

JethroMcB posted:

Can anybody recall which episode has Seth going to Cafe Jack's and repeatedly asking "IS THIS, LIKE, A KOREAN THING?"

I miss Weck's Wiki

they no like very much like Leo

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

679 is great, hunting is always a productive topic and the Burger King stuff rules.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

679 is great, hunting is always a productive topic and the Burger King stuff rules.

Those Burger King ads were incredible and any sort of machine learning / AI / "I fed this algorithm 1000 hours of X and asked it to make more of X" story these days is equally fascinating and terrifying to me. They all seem to wind up either completely demented or insanely racist/sexist/homophobic (Microsoft's Tay, that Amazon hiring algorithm that turned out be mad sexist etc.)

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

They’re not actually made by AI, they were written by human writers as a joke. It’s in the same vein of some popular tweets a while back from another guy who fooled a bunch of people into thinking he fed 1000 hours of Seinfeld to an AI.

Koholint
Jan 1, 2010

~Neck Angels~
Yeah I almost called it to explain how you can tell they’re fake. “Have it Uruguay” and “Burger Thing” are not something a program would spit out if you trained it on Burger King commercials.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Next you guys are going to tell me that all of those text app screen grabs from iOS 1 are fake.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Text-generator guy checking in. I suspect that they are real, in the sense that a computer chewed up words and spit out words. I also suspect that they used other text sources than bk ads. However they are certainly cherry picked.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Those Burger King ads were incredible and any sort of machine learning / AI / "I fed this algorithm 1000 hours of X and asked it to make more of X" story these days is equally fascinating and terrifying to me. They all seem to wind up either completely demented or insanely racist/sexist/homophobic (Microsoft's Tay, that Amazon hiring algorithm that turned out be mad sexist etc.)
Yeah there is this weird effect of the "I fed this algorithm 1000 hours of X and asked it to make more of X" meme and its this.
there are equal parts people who genuinely believe they are real with people who genuinely believe nobody believes they are real. The problem here is that C-Euro is conflating the meme with, I guess, the general trend of brands releasing AIs which then copy the squalled lovely level of conversation that is twitter.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Anyone remember a video of John Larroquette making a joke about incest and a redneck from the bayou?

Also, RIP OP & thank you for your service :wave:

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Boatswain posted:

Anyone remember a video of John Larroquette making a joke about incest and a redneck from the bayou?

Pretty sure this is in one of Seth’s Clips.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Binowru posted:

Pretty sure this is in one of Seth’s Clips.

Good catch, thanks.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
It's the first 30 seconds of clip 20. Even those 5 compilations were a trip…

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

It killed me when after decades of playing up the Italian jokes, Seth discovers that he in fact has more Irish heritage

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Kevin DuBrow posted:

It killed me when after decades of playing up the Italian jokes, Seth discovers that he in fact has more Irish heritage

Yeah I thought that was funny as well.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I cannot wait to hear how Seth’s vacation went. Storms or no storms I bet he has amazing rants.

I hope he does get a Jeep to flick off Zuckernerd.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Just started a run through from the beginning after having missed the last year, they really hit the ground running. Gonna post any particularly good bits I find. It's so old it's weird hearing about Joey Chestnut's first hot dog eating competition.

A Real Hologram
Jun 22, 2018

Moo!
Hawaii forecast is looking good:

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/us/14-day-weather-trend/hawaii/waikiki

Fingers crossed. Seth deserves some Mahalo time 👍🏼🤘🏼

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
He's already back - Jonathan just posted to the Patreon saying that they'll be taping episodes tomorrow and that he hasn't asked Seth anything about Hawaii yet so it will all be on the show.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Ep 418 about 30 mins in. I think that is the most comprehensive take down of adam sandler they have ever done. They say a stat that most americans still read movie reviews. Then they read the scathing reviews of grown ups 2. Then J says "it's on the food I eat" (sandler fans).

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Maybe Seth had a breakdown

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

"I have a bone to pick... with this bone that didn't get busted hashtag uydsethromatelli" had me chuckling

I loved 681. Comparing themselves to other big comedy podcasts, seth embracing the ocean, jah recalling calling the woman he lost his virginity to (on the beach seth visits 30 years later)

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

CFNM days turn into CFNM nights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I was actually hoping to get some inside info for another comedy podcast to listen too. They are completely right though rogan/maron are straight up interview podcasts (although both have their moments like the latest rogan with tyson fury talking about his mental health) and none of the others sounded appealing at all.

I've said this in other threads though, it's so hard to describe UYD. When you try and explain what they do it sounds like the most boring thing ever.