Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

jose needs to journey back to the balcony and drain it of the water, only then will the curse be undone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

A flyover of the destruction at Mexico Beach.

https://streamable.com/i2oq3

:stare:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bert Roberge posted:

lawdy lawdy

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Squizzle posted:

jose i need you to think super carefully about this: could you have profaned or desecrated anything sacred to the worship of a storm god in the past few years??

Hopefully

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Silly Burrito posted:

I didn't realize we were exporting hurricanes now.

Its the only thing that doesn't have a tariff on it. yet.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Clean beautiful hurricanes

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Bert Roberge posted:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm going to just barely make next month's rent and bills by a margin of about 45 dollars because I got hurt at my physical labor job and had to miss several days (nonconsecutive, so worker's compensation doesn't even kick in) so gently caress off moron.

If giving me a sixer about it helped you feel better, then feel free to do it again. Hang in there buddy.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

also ya it's a good theory, if there's a shrine to a thunder god long forgotten somewhere in the UK, Jose's probably drunkenly pissed on it

Friendly reminder that YHVH is a storm deity

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Squizzle posted:

jose i need you to think super carefully about this: could you have profaned or desecrated anything sacred to the worship of a storm god in the past few years??

under whose jurisdiction do hurricanes fall: the wrathful Zeus or the vengeful Poseidon

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

jose will somehow survive yet another hellstorm by making the worst possible move at every juncture

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Victory Position posted:

under whose jurisdiction do hurricanes fall: the wrathful Zeus or the vengeful Poseidon

this side of the prime meridian?
jimmy buffett

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Yinlock posted:

jose will somehow survive yet another hellstorm by making the worst possible move at every juncture

well he's staying in the UK for brexit

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

exploded mummy posted:

well he's staying in the UK for brexit

they're having a literal cum shortage due to brexit I hear

stay safe Jose

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Jose is actually a villain and the hurricanes are desperately attempting to thwart him.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

OhFunny posted:

Jose is actually a villain and the hurricanes are desperately attempting to thwart him.

Jose is the Weather Wizard.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Zil posted:

Jose is the Weather Wizard.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

twoday posted:

People still own the lots, so they'll be sold, and houses will be built from scratch.

I always wondered why cities like Rotterdam and Hiroshima were rebuilt after being completely leveled, and the answer is pretty much that people own property there

It's a bit different in a city; people can rebuild with an expectation that things will return to normal.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Addamere posted:

If giving me a sixer about it helped you feel better, then feel free to do it again. Hang in there buddy.

no, it was because you were being moronic by slinging around accusations of being rich as a "rebuttal"

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SKULL.GIF posted:

no, it was because you were being moronic by slinging around accusations of being rich as a "rebuttal"
that you want to go to bat for the bougie dude with the vacation home when you are yourself barely getting by is an excellent example of the lack of class consciousness and solidarity that would make better things possible

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

SKULL.GIF posted:

is this about Tenement Funster not paying his maids

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
can we pretend it is

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
please pay your maids

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
TenementFunster your maids leave messages for the other maids that come after them, it's universal, like the loving hobo glyph code. It'll be something minor, something inscrutable, something nevertheless standing in your home at this very moment, accusing you. It is like a note, written in a language you can never read, placed in a location you will never find it, sharing space with you, tangibly, intimitely. This object, marking, arrangement of objects, this occult sending in your very home at this very moment, will ensure that from this point onward all of your maids will steal your drugs, steal your money, and hit you on the head with your stupid, stupid statuette and there is nothing you can do about it

Martin Random has issued a correction as of 06:09 on Oct 12, 2018

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Addamere posted:

that you want to go to bat for the bougie dude with the vacation home when you are yourself barely getting by is an excellent example of the lack of class consciousness and solidarity that would make better things possible

God forbid a goon express sadness about a place they have fond childhood memories of getting flattened.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Pleasant childhood memories are counterrevolutionary, as is grief

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

the house my family lived in when we were in hawaii over a decade ago isn't there anymore and all i have to say is: lol

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Martin Random posted:

TenementFunster your maids leave messages for the other maids that come after them, it's universal, like the loving hobo glyph code. It'll be something minor, something inscrutable, something nevertheless standing in your home at this very moment, accusing you. It is like a note, written in a language you can never read, placed in a location you will never find it, sharing space with you, tangibly, intimitely. This object, marking, arrangement of objects, this occult sending in your very home at this very moment, will ensure that from this point onward all of your maids will steal your drugs, steal your money, and hit you on the head with your stupid, stupid statuette and there is nothing you can do about it

:same:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Addamere posted:

once again, moronic. As I said, having a family hut on some lovely beach doesn't necessitate being even well-off, and it's not hard at all to pick up if your family went back to the 40s or 50s and got cheap land/housing

I don't know that posters actual circumstances but regardless people in the 50th percentile still aren't the problem, it's the 0.1%, 1% and a good deal of the top 10%

Trying to knife some guy who just saw his lovely beach hut get obliterated while ignoring the billionaires is exactly what leads to failure. You don't actually understand class distinctions nor what the actual issue is, you're just play acting on the internet like a moron.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
eat the rich
eat the moderately well off
eat the comfortable
eat anyone with more than me
eat anything north of the poverty line
eat pizza

crap im being eaten by someone who cant afford pizza help dudes teeth are surprisingly sharp

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

I never thought the mob of morons who want to guillotine people with vacation homes would want to guillotine ME and MY vacation home

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I don't give a poo poo if somebody's family can afford a vacation home unless it's in the Hamptons or something. Having an argument about how poor you have to be to be able to be to post is stupid and we all should be able to have dachas.

God owned the chuds with this hurricane and that's what matters.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

SKULL.GIF posted:

once again, moronic. As I said, having a family hut on some lovely beach doesn't necessitate being even well-off, and it's not hard at all to pick up if your family went back to the 40s or 50s and got cheap land/housing

I don't know that posters actual circumstances but regardless people in the 50th percentile still aren't the problem, it's the 0.1%, 1% and a good deal of the top 10%

Trying to knife some guy who just saw his lovely beach hut get obliterated while ignoring the billionaires is exactly what leads to failure. You don't actually understand class distinctions nor what the actual issue is, you're just play acting on the internet like a moron.

bernie sanders has three houses!!1!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
nostalgia is why we cant have nice things

quote:

“You see, in the good old days, law enforcement acted a lot quicker than this,” Mr. Trump said, as security officers made their way toward the protester. “A lot quicker. In the good old days, they’d rip him out of that seat so fast.”

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
My cottage is fine, thanks to all those who were concerned :)

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thoguh posted:

God owned the chuds with this hurricane and that's what matters.

yeah, the chuds sure were owned by a storm plowing through all of Georgia's blackest and poorest counties

loving yankees, I swear

t0aine
Apr 7, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

yeah, the chuds sure were owned by a storm plowing through all of Georgia's blackest and poorest counties

loving yankees, I swear
they were going to get hosed either way

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
If it's Mexico's city they should pay for repairs
\
:yooge:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the ocean just demonstrated that actually it owns that city now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Bert Roberge posted:

uh did there used to be houses on all those bare foundations?