Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nexus6 posted:

Thanks for the list! I'm gonna stay on 2.0.7 for Quick Loot SE and Simple Lock-On SE.

Yeah, I didn't even know there was a quick loot option.

Quick question are there any decent mods for calling your house (you know so it's like the Witcher or RDR). I just got a horse, so maybe it is like that, but the help file didn't mention a call horse option and I'm concerned about losing it when I dismount and go somewhere that is not a city.

Edit: Nvm found Simple Horse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Convenient Horses is the one most people use

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yeah, I didn't even know there was a quick loot option.

Quick question are there any decent mods for calling your house (you know so it's like the Witcher or RDR). I just got a horse, so maybe it is like that, but the help file didn't mention a call horse option and I'm concerned about losing it when I dismount and go somewhere that is not a city.

Edit: Nvm found Simple Horse.

"Yeah, Hello? Yeah, hey Lyd-"
"Yes, I know, carry my burdens, yes yes, anyway can yo-"
"No, I don't want to talk to Heimsk-"
"Oh Heimskr, hello, can you tell Ly-"
"Yes, Long Winter I get it can you bring me a Deathbell, a Silver Ingot, some Vampir-"
"Yes, Talos is wonderful but I-"
"Okay, nevermind, goodbye."

"Hey Kesh, before I go kill Orchendor, do you think Peryite might uhm... Bless... a couple of people for me?"

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Are there any fun boss/ability unlock mods for SSE?

I used to really like https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69574/?tab=description or the like in SLE but most of them don't seem to have SSE ports or the modders just quit modding since SKSE64 has been stable.

It's mostly stuff like "kill a boss or complete a challenge and get unique items or spells from the dudes".

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agents are GO! posted:

"Yeah, Hello? Yeah, hey Lyd-"
"Yes, I know, carry my burdens, yes yes, anyway can yo-"
"No, I don't want to talk to Heimsk-"
"Oh Heimskr, hello, can you tell Ly-"
"Yes, Long Winter I get it can you bring me a Deathbell, a Silver Ingot, some Vampir-"
"Yes, Talos is wonderful but I-"
"Okay, nevermind, goodbye."

"Hey Kesh, before I go kill Orchendor, do you think Peryite might uhm... Bless... a couple of people for me?"

:doh:

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Convenient Horses is the one most people use

Thanks. I figure I should be able to swap it out without risking too much problems.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
There's Simple Horse, Immersive Horses, and Convenient Horses. Which one is the best, I can't say.

I've updated the SKSE list. MoreHUD, CACO, Engine Fixes and a few others were updated.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
That's annoying. I guess steam auto-updated Skyrim against my wishes and SKSE refused to run. So I reverted back to the 1.5.39 or whatever exe I did last time, dropped that in but mods stopped working. I bit the bullet, updated Skyrim and SKSE and any mods that had updates aaand still have broken mods. SKYUI doesn't run at all and says all the swf files are missing. There's no mod configuration menu.

I'm gonna look at fixing it a little while longer but crap like this is gonna get me to shelve Syrim again :(

Edit: If anyone else has this issue, disabling 60 FPS menus mod fixed it for me - it appeared as 'Natural interface'.

Kinda bummed there's no lock on mod for 2.0.9 but I guess that's a matter of time.

nexus6 fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 6, 2018

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nexus6 posted:

That's annoying. I guess steam auto-updated Skyrim against my wishes and SKSE refused to run. So I reverted back to the 1.5.39 or whatever exe I did last time, dropped that in but mods stopped working. I bit the bullet, updated Skyrim and SKSE and any mods that had updates aaand still have broken mods. SKYUI doesn't run at all and says all the swf files are missing. There's no mod configuration menu.

I'm gonna look at fixing it a little while longer but crap like this is gonna get me to shelve Syrim again :(

Edit: If anyone else has this issue, disabling 60 FPS menus mod fixed it for me - it appeared as 'Natural interface'.

Kinda bummed there's no lock on mod for 2.0.9 but I guess that's a matter of time.

Had the same issue and had to disable 60 FPS. Luckily I had just added it so I was able to figure out the cause pretty quickly.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
The weird thing is they worked together before, no big loss I guess.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ok so I'm running into a pretty specific issue during my current playthrough. Whenever I loot a specific item from a body my game just goes into a hard lock and I pretty much have to task manager my way out. Once while looting an Ancient Nord Bow of Ice from a Draugr and just now when I looted a Fire-enchanted battleaxe from the Silver Hand leader at Gallows Rock. I usually quicksave or save before specific encounters so I can reproduce it on demand.

Any experts know what might be causing this? Only things I'm running that could affect this are Morrowloot (leveled lists changes), Summermyst (unlikely, the enchantments have been base game enchantments), and Immersive Armors (not sure but this might add in the Draugr stuff I locked my game up with).

E: Here's the screenshot of one of the weapons that causes the lock up. Something odd, the body I'm looting is Krev the Skinner but in the loot menu it says "Silver Hand." And I know it's 100% the axe because I just looted it now and the game instantly locked up when I turned around.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Oct 11, 2018

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's a modded weapon. I know there are problems with the daedric sword from weapons of the third era, so it might be something similar.
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5019/?tab=posts
Specifically, the sword causes a crash when unequipped. I presume this axe is equipped on the corpse, so picking it up unequips it. That may be it.
I'd suggest trying to rerun the meshes through osnious' NIF optimizer.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Just to see how they did things, I tried out Vortex and immediately uninstalled it after 10 minutes because they didn't fix the main problems.

You NEED to keep the archives for mods. Also it installs them to your data folder.

It's not a symbolic link. It straight out copies them. MO2 is still superior.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
So, i can't get BethINI to open at all. Nothing happens when i click the .exe. I already tried adding it to my antivirus exclusion list but it had no effect.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Anyone know how to get Deadly Mutilation working on SE? I found a bunch of threads of pride complaining about the lack of SE, and then there's a tutorial that talks about having that Idle Animation thing which I can't seem to get MO2 to recognize correctly (says data is missing above) and then that XP32 Skeleton thing, as well as one of those weirdass body mods with giant boobs... is there any way to get it working on vanilla bodies without all the bullshit? Or a simple way? I'm years or of the loop loop on modding Bethesda games, and I've already got a mod list of about 70ish mods for sounds and textures and weather and crap because I'm playing on VR and want to see how far I can push it... I just want to dismember a dude and then Fusrodah him before he hits the ground to scatter his entrails across a mountainside*, is that too much to ask?

* - (not psychotic, I've just been spoiled by freezing Aard in Witcher 3)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Skyrim Modding: * - (not psychotic)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fuzz posted:

Anyone know how to get Deadly Mutilation working on SE? I found a bunch of threads of pride complaining about the lack of SE, and then there's a tutorial that talks about having that Idle Animation thing which I can't seem to get MO2 to recognize correctly (says data is missing above) and then that XP32 Skeleton thing, as well as one of those weirdass body mods with giant boobs... is there any way to get it working on vanilla bodies without all the bullshit? Or a simple way? I'm years or of the loop loop on modding Bethesda games, and I've already got a mod list of about 70ish mods for sounds and textures and weather and crap because I'm playing on VR and want to see how far I can push it... I just want to dismember a dude and then Fusrodah him before he hits the ground to scatter his entrails across a mountainside*, is that too much to ask?

* - (not psychotic, I've just been spoiled by freezing Aard in Witcher 3)

Deadly Mutilation was released for sse not long ago but seems to have disappeared, might be able to find it somewhere

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
If it was pulled out quickly after release, it was probably because it was too glitchy or unstable for use.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
Has anyone managed to raise their FPS while running the game through Mod Organizer? I did the thing where i edited the Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini in my documents and can now run the game with 400 fps if I open it through steam. Opening it with MO still locks me down to 60.

There appears to be a mod for this on the previous page.

Whitest Russian fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Oct 23, 2018

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
MO keeps its own copies of the .ini files.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

So in SPERG, where is the Inconspicuous Box to launder stolen poo poo through in Whiterun? I checked the whole jail, didn't find anything. I have ranks in Inside Man.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

It should be outside of the jail and to the left of its entrance, if memory serves me correctly.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

ajkalan posted:

It should be outside of the jail and to the left of its entrance, if memory serves me correctly.

Which entrance? The one in Dragonsreach?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Tried out Nexus Mod Manager for my new SkyrimVR setup, since I thought it couldn't be that bad after all this time.

Yikes.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Just use Mod Organizer. It works.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Fuzz posted:

Which entrance? The one in Dragonsreach?
The one off to the right of Dragonsreach's exterior, the chest should look like this

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
So my game keeps crashing at random. Sometimes I can go a few hours without anything crashing and sometimes it happens every 5 minutes. Does anyone have any recommendations on that to disable?

#Mod_Priority,#Mod_Name
"0047","(SKSE64) Havok Fix"
"0014","A Quality World Map"
"0013","Alternate Start - Live Another Life"
"0044","Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim"
"0043","Ars Metallica - Smithing Enhancement"
"0041","Beards"
"0009","Better Dialogue Controls"
"0008","Better MessageBox Controls"
"0045","CBP Physics"
"0040","Cloaks of Skyrim SSE"
"0012","Cobb Controlmap Fix"
"0039","Convenient Horses"
"0011","Cutting Room Floor"
"0002","DLC: Dawnguard"
"0001","DLC: Dragonborn"
"0000","DLC: HearthFires"
"0007","Dragon Stalking Fix"
"0030","Enhanced Blood Textures"
"0038","Enhanced Lights and FX"
"0046","Floating Damage"
"0006","Flora Respawn Fix"
"0037","Footprints"
"0033","Immersive Armors"
"0032","Immersive Weapons"
"0048","Inventory Functions SE"
"0031","Lanterns of Skyrim SE"
"0036","Left Hand Rings"
"0005","Modern Brawl Bug Fix"
"0049","moreHUD SE"
"0035","No snow under the roof"
"0029","Open Cities Skyrim"
"0020","Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim"
"0050","Passive Weapon Enchantment Recharging - Enchanted Weapons Recharge Over Time"
"0004","Realistic Ragdolls and Force"
"0027","Rich Skyrim Merchants"
"0026","Run For Your Lives"
"0055","Simply Optimized Textures for SSE"
"0025","Skyrim Flora Overhaul SE"
"0015","Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB"
"0024","SkyUI"
"0022","Sofia - The Funny Fully Voiced Follower"
"0010","SSE Fixes"
"0023","Static Mesh Improvement Mod"
"0042","Stones of Barenziah Quest Markers"
"0021","The Paarthurnax Dilemma"
"0034","Thunderchild - Epic Shouts and Immersion"
"0051","TK Dodge SE"
"0019","Total Character Makeover"
"0052","Ultimate Combat SE"
"0053","Ultimate HD Fire Effects SSE"
"0003","Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch"
"0018","Unread Books Glow SSE"
"0017","Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin"
"0016","VioLens - A Killmove Mod SE"
"0056","Vivid Weathers - Definitive Edition"
"0054","Weighted - A Compatible Item Weight Mod"

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I dunno but by the look of it the CBP physics thing requires a few other mods to run and you don't have them installed, so maybe toss that?

Barring that, it's probably Open Cities because that mod was always a buggy mess from what I remember.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013

Fuzz posted:

I dunno but by the look of it the CBP physics thing requires a few other mods to run and you don't have them installed, so maybe toss that?

Barring that, it's probably Open Cities because that mod was always a buggy mess from what I remember.

I'll try disabling both of those this weekend. Thanks for the help.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Fuzz posted:

Open Cities is actually stable. The last patch for Oldrim did introduce a memory problem that could cause crashing when you have lots of NPCs running around (which you would have with Open Cities). But that is solved with either the SKSE memory tweak, or by running SkyrimSE.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
If I'm playing Skyrim Special Edition I don't need to do the SKSE memory tweak, right? That's the way I interpreted that when I was reading through it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Raygereio posted:

Open Cities is actually stable. The last patch for Oldrim did introduce a memory problem that could cause crashing when you have lots of NPCs running around (which you would have with Open Cities). But that is solved with either the SKSE memory tweak, or by running SkyrimSE.

Ah neat, good to know. I personally never use it since so many mods aren't usable with it. Surprisingly my load times in VR are minimal... Less than 5-10 seconds as a rule, SSDs are really your friend with this game. I also don't mind dragons not slam dunking on cities since I have most NPCs as mortal and they make a loving mess of stalls and stuff so your cities end up having cluttered garbage everywhere after one attack.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Oct 26, 2018

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Immersive Armors has a bunch of garbage meshes in it, could be that.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

THat's the first I've heard of that, can you elaborate?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Agents are GO! posted:

THat's the first I've heard of that, can you elaborate?
Probably a reference to this.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

So I'm playing Vigilant and holy poo poo this mod owns (odd anime stuff like magical waifu lamae bal aside). I thought it was just a sort of Souls inspired dungeon or two but it's really extensive and impressive

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I got the itch to play this heavily modded again. Vigilant looks like a good way to spice up the vanilla quests. Does that work with SPERG, and is SPERG still the best mod in terms of perk overhauls? I'm also thinking immersive weapons and armor, as well as alternate start... is there anything else that would be a must-get at this point? I haven't looked at mods for 2 or 3 years.

The Doormat
Dec 20, 2010

:dukedog:
Vigilant is crazy and plays around with the weirder parts of the lore a lot. IIRC Lamae is actually an established part of the lore, her being the first vampire Molag Bal made, but I'm not sure on the specifics. When I played it back before the proper English dub the very end of the final act bugged out on me and I had to skip the final fight, but maybe that got fixed. The first time I played it was on classic with the Sperg-Ordinator compatibility patch, so it should work with both of those.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

I got the itch to play this heavily modded again. Vigilant looks like a good way to spice up the vanilla quests. Does that work with SPERG, and is SPERG still the best mod in terms of perk overhauls? I'm also thinking immersive weapons and armor, as well as alternate start... is there anything else that would be a must-get at this point? I haven't looked at mods for 2 or 3 years.

Inigo.

Seriously, if any of you like to have a follower around, get him, he's AMAZING. His chatter and all the crazy options he has are great, and his quest is pretty awesome so far.

Other than that everyone says Helgen Reborn and Bruma are both really good.

I'm using SPERG right now and it's working fine.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
My mod setup for a playthrough I'm preparing whenever I feel like:

* Bugfixes and other essentials:
- SKSE64
- SkyUI
- USSEP
- SSE Engine Fixes
- Havok Fix
- Better Dialog Controls
- Better Messageboxes
- Customizable Camera

* Better character start:
- Racemenu
- ASLAL + more
- Hallgarth's Additional Vanilla Hair
- something for more eye colors maybe?

* Make the world feels more alive and active:
- RDO
- GDO
- BUVARP
- Run For Your Lives
- Immersive Patrols
- Immersive World Encounters
- Interesting NPCs
- Missives
- The Notice Board (+ Better Solstheim addon)

* Places to be, things to do:
- Beyond Skyrim Bruma
- Apotheosis: Lifeless Vaults
- Blackreach Railroad
- Hammet's Dungeon Pack
- Easier Rider's Dungeon Pack
- Skyrim Underground
- The Forgotten City
- Vigilant
- Darkend
- Ravengate
- Heimfeigr (conversion needed)
- Moonpath to Elsweyr
- Gray Cowl of Nocturnal

* Maybes
- Project AHO
- Wyrmstooth / Drachenzahn
- Falskaar

* More content:
- T'Skyrim - True Weapons
- Somewhat Historically Accurate Weapons and Norse Viking Gear
(some xEdit required since both have some overlap)
- Brigandage
- Common Clothes
- Adept - Magic of Ash
- Reach Magic
- Nightwielder Spire
- Witchhunter Spells & Prayers
- Rotmulaag + Paarthurnax Dilemma

* Better graphics:
- SMIM
- Ruin Clutter Improved
- LeanWolf's Better-Shaped Weapons
- Gemling Queen Jewelry
- Aetherial Crown
- Eye Normal Map Fix
- Superior Lore-Friendly Hair
- WACCF
- Better Foxes

* Critters
- Blood Horkers
- Karstaag - The Frost King Reborn
- Grahl - The Ice Troll
- SkyTEST and/or Animallica?

* Companions
- Inigo
- Lucien
- Benjamin Doon
- Vilja
- Mirai
- Auri (Song of the Green)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

My mod setup for a playthrough I'm preparing whenever I feel like:

* Bugfixes and other essentials:
- SKSE64
- SkyUI
- USSEP
- SSE Engine Fixes
- Havok Fix
- Better Dialog Controls
- Better Messageboxes
- Customizable Camera

* Better character start:
- Racemenu
- ASLAL + more
- Hallgarth's Additional Vanilla Hair
- something for more eye colors maybe?

* Make the world feels more alive and active:
- RDO
- GDO
- BUVARP
- Run For Your Lives
- Immersive Patrols
- Immersive World Encounters
- Interesting NPCs
- Missives
- The Notice Board (+ Better Solstheim addon)

* Places to be, things to do:
- Beyond Skyrim Bruma
- Apotheosis: Lifeless Vaults
- Blackreach Railroad
- Hammet's Dungeon Pack
- Easier Rider's Dungeon Pack
- Skyrim Underground
- The Forgotten City
- Vigilant
- Darkend
- Ravengate
- Heimfeigr (conversion needed)
- Moonpath to Elsweyr
- Gray Cowl of Nocturnal

* Maybes
- Project AHO
- Wyrmstooth / Drachenzahn
- Falskaar

* More content:
- T'Skyrim - True Weapons
- Somewhat Historically Accurate Weapons and Norse Viking Gear
(some xEdit required since both have some overlap)
- Brigandage
- Common Clothes
- Adept - Magic of Ash
- Reach Magic
- Nightwielder Spire
- Witchhunter Spells & Prayers
- Rotmulaag + Paarthurnax Dilemma

* Better graphics:
- SMIM
- Ruin Clutter Improved
- LeanWolf's Better-Shaped Weapons
- Gemling Queen Jewelry