Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Real hurthling! posted:

Dc runs a windows fork so im sure it was a rumor

it was more than just a rumor, people from sega and microsoft have both confirmed it was in the works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

it was more than just a rumor, people from sega and microsoft have both confirmed it was in the works

yeah you stfu hurthling you don know NOTHIN

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

OH MAN got my Duke Controller today... let's hook this bad boy UP

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Stay the gently caress away from Sega Microsoft

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

hey great this worked out real well for rare and lionhead

Phil Spencer is a smart man with a lot of clout so I can't see him letting Microsoft butcher Obsidian like they did to Rare. I'm just glad EA didn't get their scummy hands on them.

After this gen's comparative lack of exclusives, with these acquisitions MS are shaping up to have a much better exclusive lineup come Xbox One 2 The 4th Box.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

These moves also seem to be in direct response to Microsoft getting burned several times with their "partnerships" that ended up not helping them and with the partner dev getting bought by someone else leaving MS with nothing.

And given that Mistwalker is now like 15 people and death spiraling it can't be that expensive to buy full ownership of Lost Odyseey and Blue Dragon now, so maybe just do that.

derk
Sep 24, 2004
Xbox Stays Winning

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Xbaws

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I haven't read the thread before. What happened to make this the worst thread over the Switch thread?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Over There posted:

I haven't read the thread before. What happened to make this the worst thread over the Switch thread?

Microsoft learned all the wrong lessons from the Xbox360 and the third console curse hit them hard

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Over There posted:

The Switch is at least portable.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is the switch thread still hentai lovers sucking each other off over how great Nintendo is

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This thread used to be bad because it was endless dunking on how bad microsoft screwed things up this generation, now its bad because nobody is left but those people and Microsoft has started to seemingly right the ship for next gen so there isnt much interesting to talk about or people to argue with.

Empress Brosephine posted:

Is the switch thread still hentai lovers sucking each other off over how great Nintendo is

Sometimes its people asking for reviews for games that came out a decade ago and are oblivious to game design improvements since the Bush administration.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Empress Brosephine posted:

The switch thread is a nightmare but you are like the only dude to get banned for honest to God console warrior stuff so I'm gonna mark this post as a "lol"

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
The Switch thread was already the horniest thread in games.

Then Bowsette happened.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

This thread used to be bad because it was endless dunking on how bad microsoft screwed things up this generation, now its bad because nobody is left but those people and Microsoft has started to seemingly right the ship for next gen so there isnt much interesting to talk about or people to argue with.

Sometimes its people asking for reviews for games that came out a decade ago and are oblivious to game design improvements since the Bush administration.

Theres no use getting hype for next gen. The concept of consoles having leaps in capability is over, its just marketing gearing up to get you to buy new slightly faster 500 dollar machines loaded with subs every 3 years in perpetuity. A mid range pc now will play every xbox game released through most of the 2020's. I got mine hooked to the tv, works great, awaiting xbox to put out a non car game at some point

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Still kinda feels like we're playing better looking 360 games that want more of our money

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I enjoy new consoles

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Theres no use getting hype for next gen. The concept of consoles having leaps in capability is over, its just marketing gearing up to get you to buy new slightly faster 500 dollar machines loaded with subs every 3 years in perpetuity. A mid range pc now will play every xbox game released through most of the 2020's. I got mine hooked to the tv, works great, awaiting xbox to put out a non car game at some point

Im not disagreeing with you; just microsoft is very obviously going all in on Gamepass and xCloud as a mechanism to capture both folks like you as well as cell-phone only gamers in their ecosystem in some capacity. That is their "next gen" approach.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The games I like already have their games coming out like DMC, RE, and Gears so a new gen doesn't interest me. The multiplayer games I play are all on PC anyway.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

Im not disagreeing with you; just microsoft is very obviously going all in on Gamepass and xCloud as a mechanism to capture both folks like you as well as cell-phone only gamers in their ecosystem in some capacity. That is their "next gen" approach.

I was agreeing with you

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

So, is Xbox Live required for Game Pass? I'm just noticing that Mastah Cheef Collection has a "GamePass Exclusive" discount and either way that's just funny af.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Finster Dexter posted:

So, is Xbox Live required for Game Pass? I'm just noticing that Mastah Cheef Collection has a "GamePass Exclusive" discount and either way that's just funny af.

It's not required to download and play Gamepass games single player, but for online play you need XBL Gold.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

I was agreeing with you

Look, Im agreeing with you dammit!!!

But yeah, Im somewhat intrigued by Microsoft's promises especially because Im moving across the globe and into a shoebox in a few months. Also because I want Crackdown 3 to not be poo poo so badly but its gonna be. Its gonna be so so bad

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It still has to be at all first

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I will game pass it
Guess i need gold too to see this online mode they refuse to show for 4 years

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Over There posted:

The worst thread title directly correlates to the arrival of one Xbox Ambassador who endlessly commented on the brain functionality of other posters.

Since he doesn't post here anymore it's actually p chill and not worthy of the title anymore imo.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Barudak posted:

I will open my wallet immediately, I dont care. The fact that the second best puzzle game of all time is stuck on the Dreamcast and GBA is a tragedy

What’s wrong with iOS Chu Chu Rocket? It scratches that itch perfectly.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Ultimate Mango posted:

It's missing the vast majority of the levels available on the GBA version. Which was all the Dreamcast disc levels plus a vast swathe of the user levels that were uploaded to Sega's online services plus a bunch of Sonic Team-made levels that were added for the GBA specifically.

Also if you didn't already buy the Android/iOS Chu Chu Rocket you can't buy it anymore, since like 2013 or something when Sega pulled them from new sales.

derk
Sep 24, 2004

Fanatic posted:

The worst thread title directly correlates to the arrival of one Xbox Ambassador who endlessly commented on the brain functionality of other posters.

Since he doesn't post here anymore it's actually p chill and not worthy of the title anymore imo.

Xbox stays winning!

@Xbox Ambassador

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Xbox Stays Winning

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ultimate Mango posted:

In addition to what was said about missing a huuuuuge chunk of puzzles from GBA, the mobile version controls terribly which is sort of a big deal for a game that rewards being very precise and quick

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Xbox Stays Winning

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

fishmech posted:

It's missing the vast majority of the levels available on the GBA version. Which was all the Dreamcast disc levels plus a vast swathe of the user levels that were uploaded to Sega's online services plus a bunch of Sonic Team-made levels that were added for the GBA specifically.

Also if you didn't already buy the Android/iOS Chu Chu Rocket you can't buy it anymore, since like 2013 or something when Sega pulled them from new sales.

TheMoreYouKnow.gif

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

October update rolling out today, now everyone can experience the new bad avatars (and other good stuff like voice control)

https://majornelson.com/2018/10/11/october-2018-xbox-update-rolling-out-today/

EDIT: Lol the voice stuff is all currently broken

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Oct 11, 2018

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Maneki Neko posted:

October update rolling out today, now everyone can experience the new bad avatars (and other good stuff like voice control)

https://majornelson.com/2018/10/11/october-2018-xbox-update-rolling-out-today/

EDIT: Lol the voice stuff is all currently broken

Kinect commands 4 lyfe

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

How do you use voice commands with a headset? I just wanna be able to bark "Xbox record that" when something funny happens like I used to with my Xbox one. My Xbox one X doesn't have Kinect and it's the only thing I miss.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Laserface posted:

How do you use voice commands with a headset? I just wanna be able to bark "Xbox record that" when something funny happens like I used to with my Xbox one. My Xbox one X doesn't have Kinect and it's the only thing I miss.

It's yelling at Alexa or Cortana: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/09/06/xbox-now-connects-with-cortana-and-alexa-enabled-devices/

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Ok so reading that tells me I need to put an app on my phone and open it and then talk to that to make it work. And it's also US only?

Christ they make it hard dont they.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Laserface posted:

Ok so reading that tells me I need to put an app on my phone and open it and then talk to that to make it work. And it's also US only?

Christ they make it hard dont they.

I think the intent is you get an Echo or Echo Dot or something and use that as a Kinect voice command replacement. And yes, there are no humans outside of the US, so no need to worry about supporting them.