Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Maybe all those BG shouldn’t have drank so much water/coffee/LaCroix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Nah, they want people to believe that the deaths in IW were permanent.

Yeah, until now the only ones outright confirming they were working on stuff was for Spider-Man, because Sony doesn't care about playing Marvel's game.

Then there's the confirmation of GotG3 because of the Gunn situation.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Marvel Studios also straight up said that you won't see any new footage or major announcements from the MCU (except for Avengers 4 and Captain Marvel) until Comic-Con 2019.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Marvel Studios also straight up said that you won't see any new footage or major announcements from the MCU (except for Avengers 4 and Captain Marvel) until Comic-Con 2019.

You mean we'll be without any MCU news for like a week between the release of Spider-Man Far From Home and Comic Con 2019? Not sure I'm going to make it.

It also recently came out that Johansen is going to get 15 million for the solo Black Widow movie.

Maybe the 2020 MCU lineup looks like GotG3, Black Panther 2, and Black Widow.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

AngryBooch posted:

Maybe the 2020 MCU lineup looks like GotG3, Black Panther 2, and Black Widow.

That would be a very aggressive release schedule for all three of those films considering Guardians and BW don't have directors yet, and Coogler is working on another project at the moment, so he won't even be able to start writing Black Panther 2 until next year.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Rhyno posted:

They've also been trying to be all aloof about future MCU films.

My guess is they're looking at the real possibility that several of the actors might be baling out and/or getting a bit old. It wouldn't surprise me if Downey, Hemsworth and Evans might bee getting a little tired of the whole thing.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

howe_sam posted:

That would be a very aggressive release schedule for all three of those films considering Guardians and BW don't have directors yet, and Coogler is working on another project at the moment, so he won't even be able to start writing Black Panther 2 until next year.

Maybe The Eternals falls in there. They recently hired a director for that. Eager to see how Marvel Studios intends to make me give a single gently caress about the Eternals quite honestly.

And there's the Dr. Strange 2 option of course.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

AngryBooch posted:

Maybe The Eternals falls in there. They recently hired a director for that. Eager to see how Marvel Studios intends to make me give a single gently caress about the Eternals quite honestly.

And there's the Dr. Strange 2 option of course.

They managed to make the GotG interesting and I've always had a soft spot in my head for the Eternals, the Kirby-est of Marvel Teams.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I've heard the director is great but never seen any of her work.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

My guess is they're looking at the real possibility that several of the actors might be baling out and/or getting a bit old. It wouldn't surprise me if Downey, Hemsworth and Evans might bee getting a little tired of the whole thing.

Hemsworth was revitalized by Taika Waititi so I'm pretty sure he'll be sticking around. I bet RDJ will still stay but will be reduced to smaller guest roles like in Homecoming.

And I'm kinda leaning toward Evans saying this was his last time playing Cap being a misdirection.

Regardless, we know that they've locked down Brie Larson so they can build around her.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Evans is back... as the Nomad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

His goodbye did seem a bit spoilery, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're messing with people now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I bet they filmed a ton of Cap PSAs and they're going to be used forever.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

So...you decided to vote Republican

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Synthbuttrange posted:

Evans is back... as the Nomad Human Torch.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Endless Mike posted:

So...you decided to vote Republican

So you got caught masturbating. Let me tell you what its like to spend time with Tony Stark.

What's the Vegas odds on basically everything Fox has in planning gets shelved or otherwise quietly drowned once Disney takes possession? I know Fox is being renamed to like New Fox or something, but I doubt X-men is going to stay there.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I dunno if they'd shelve the X-Men movies since they're already almost finished and they might as well try and make that money back. Though maybe they just toss them up on their streaming service to try and entice more subscriptions. They'll be released one way or another.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

So you got caught masturbating. Let me tell you what its like to spend time with Tony Stark.

What's the Vegas odds on basically everything Fox has in planning gets shelved or otherwise quietly drowned once Disney takes possession? I know Fox is being renamed to like New Fox or something, but I doubt X-men is going to stay there.

All New, All Different Fox.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
20th Century Fox and the Hound

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

I dunno if they'd shelve the X-Men movies since they're already almost finished and they might as well try and make that money back. Though maybe they just toss them up on their streaming service to try and entice more subscriptions. They'll be released one way or another.

Yeah, this. New Mutants and Dark Phoenix will come out, but after that nah.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Gambit is dead though. Maybe Disney will pick up Tatum as Gambit in a future project, but I doubt whatever they had planned will get released.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There had to have been someone at Fox who was deliberately sabotaging the Gambit films. A movie doesn't get stuck in development hell that long without a reason.

And don't say it's because no one cares about Gambit, who the gently caress cared about Ant Man.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Gambit should star Tom Hardy. Can you even imagine what the accent would be like? :allears:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Tatum quietly distanced himself from the project a while ago. I saw some rumor they wanted him to be the new lead of the X verse and sign a long contract and he wasnt down for that.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Tatum quietly distanced himself from the project a while ago. I saw some rumor they wanted him to be the new lead of the X verse and sign a long contract and he wasnt down for that.

i.e. It not him, it Gambit.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

I think/could have sworn I heard that RDJ said his last one would be Age of Ultron so he's clearly totally down as long as Disney places increasingly large piles of money in his Scrooge McDuck money bin

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

No, nobody cares about Gambit. It’s not the ‘90s anymore.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

No, nobody cares about Gambit. It’s not the ‘90s anymore.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/xxinstantkillxx/lists/top-100-greatest-x-men/38509/

http://www.dorkly.com/post/65182/the-25-best-x-men-characters-ever/page:5

https://bamsmackpow.com/2018/03/15/x-men-characters-ranking-marvel-comics/2/

https://ew.com/article/2014/05/21/x-men-best-worst/

https://www.ranker.com/list/best-x-men-characters/ranker-comics

Also Ranked posted:

#19 on The Top Marvel Comics Superheroes

#3 on Comic Book Characters We Want to See on Film

#22 on The Best Comic Book Superheroes of All Time

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Fine, no one who matters cares

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

That right there is a sampling of the moviegoing public. The only people who don't care are old people who still buy comics like us.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean, a bunch of you still care about Rogue and Deadpool etc. so don't go pretending you're above the 90s.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

CzarChasm posted:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

I mean, a bunch of you still care about Rogue and Deadpool etc. so don't go pretending you're above the 90s.
Deadpool is good though?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Listen, if Marvel Studios decides that the Fantastic Four's first MCU movie should pit them against Occulus (POWER INCARNATE!) then that will only encourage me to turn up on day one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Deadpool's history is a lot more bad than good and the movies are okay.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The thing I think you guys are forgetting about Gambit is
1) He fights with a Bo Staff
2) He has a long rear end trenchcoat
3) His power is he can charge up things and make them explode
4) He fucks

It's frank quitely quite frankly insane they haven't managed to get him into a movie yet

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Al Borland Corpse posted:

The thing I think you guys are forgetting about Gambit is
1) He fights with a Bo Staff
2) He has a long rear end trenchcoat
3) His power is he can charge up things and make them explode
4) He fucks

It's frank quitely quite frankly insane they haven't managed to get him into a movie yet

They did, everyone just forgets that one.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Al Borland Corpse posted:

How quickly people forget Wolverine: Origins or is :thejoke:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GglGkxFnmM&t=17s

Apparently Gunn helming SS2 is official.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Someone released a set image of the new Spidey suit.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/1...tm_content=Link

• Locked thread