Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
can someone invite me to the clan? in-game name: Mamisu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thread's dead get in discord

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

What time of year do they offer a discount on membership to this game? I know we just missed summer. I'd like to buy a year sub.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

What time of year do they offer a discount on membership to this game? I know we just missed summer. I'd like to buy a year sub.

Well the Premier Club packages that both have discounted membership plus a bunch of paid stuff tossed in usually show up in late-November and run til mid-January.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
It's a shame that the only active discussion forum for OSRS is full of white supremacy and homophobia. I love the game, but the community is awful

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Not to mention all the British people

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Foreskin Problems posted:

Not to mention all the British people

That's what the poster said.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

twice burned ice posted:

It's a shame that the only active discussion forum for OSRS is full of white supremacy and homophobia. I love the game, but the community is awful

Are you already in the Goonscape Discord (linked at the top of the OP)? If not, there is an #osrs channel in it that's consistently active, and I hear two of their secret slogans are "down with whitey" and "we gay we say".

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

twice burned ice posted:

remember the pride flags? what a time to be on a forum for a clicker game

anyways I started playing osrs for the first time since I was 12 and wow it's much easier then I remember :downs:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Themata posted:

Are you already in the Goonscape Discord (linked at the top of the OP)? If not, there is an #osrs channel in it that's consistently active, and I hear two of their secret slogans are "down with whitey" and "we gay we say".

Well i'm sold.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
The fact that osrs is basically perfect on Android is ruining my productivity

I fished two thousand swordfish and then I realized how much money that is, so I converted my Ironman to a normal account. I'm rich bitchhhhhh

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
When RS3 mobile comes out I’m definitely going to get fired for lack of productivity.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
When RS3 mobile comes out I might actually get around to finishing up some quests for the first time in a few years, instead of just skilling.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Hold the loving phone rs3 is also coming to mobile?

I'm gonna need to get on welfare considering the time I'm going to spend staring at my phone

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Hold the loving phone rs3 is also coming to mobile?

I'm gonna need to get on welfare considering the time I'm going to spend staring at my phone

RS3 is already on mobile, they opened up beta to the first 25,000 downloaders. I got it and it runs pretty much perfectly

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I have tremendously fat fingers and the bank pin input can be a little wonky but otherwise it works well.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Artificer posted:

I have tremendously fat fingers and the bank pin input can be a little wonky but otherwise it works well.

I've got skinny fingers and the mobile bank pin still sucks so don't fret, friend

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

Price of dollar has skyrocketed here and I need some dough to get back on subs, do we still get paid for guild errands?

E: Yeah so resubbed, going to set up my fark and skill away.

Helluva fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 16, 2018

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Not being able to fix members items in freeplay is bullshit. I've got a lot of cash just stuck on items I can't do poo poo about until I resub which I'm half refusing to do. Just gonna keep killing the cursed energy bots until I can buy a bond outright I guess

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

Omnikin posted:

Not being able to fix members items in freeplay is bullshit. I've got a lot of cash just stuck on items I can't do poo poo about until I resub which I'm half refusing to do. Just gonna keep killing the cursed energy bots until I can buy a bond outright I guess

No goon clan members able to loan you for the couple hours it may take to sort?

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I didn't see anyone online earlier, it's not a big deal. Already have a ridiculous amount of cursed energy from those stupid bots.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Omnikin posted:

I didn't see anyone online earlier, it's not a big deal. Already have a ridiculous amount of cursed energy from those stupid bots.

If you have access to priff, once you get members again I strongly recommend mining soft clay when the voice of seren is active. Using ~30 bracelets of clay and a perfect juju mining potion I made about 2.7 million in 45 minutes. In just a couple hours a week you make your bond, then can do whatever you want.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Still no priff access. Maybe in 2020

I realized earlier I was hoarding an arma bstaff and was able to sell that off & make up the rest of a bond immediately. Back to the grind

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
If you post your stats I'm sure we could come up with a couple good methods to make money in this thing

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Get yourself going in Ports and you should be able to passively earn enough from the trade goods you get being crafted and sold to keep getting bonds. I did that for several years.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

fishmech posted:

Get yourself going in Ports and you should be able to passively earn enough from the trade goods you get being crafted and sold to keep getting bonds. I did that for several years.

It takes literally months to get to the point where you can do that.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
And it's unlikely that he's got the stats for it considering he hasn't made it to prif yet.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I mean my stats are there, I'm just too lovely and lazy to do the Priff quests. I think I''m at Regicide?

skills
https://imgur.com/a/qsX8URL

edit - in any case, Regicide & Roving Elves & Catapult Construction & Mourning's End Part I done. Debating MEP2 while I have a head of steam and two hours to kill

edit - and mep2 done, all the running around a temple can suck it

Omnikin fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Oct 19, 2018

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
It's mind dulling, but unf pots are a good way to do things considering your level. I generally stick to toad flax, kwuarm, and ranarr weeds. You'll make a fair amount more gp/hr if you have a scroll of cleansing and portable wells.

Rannar is at 1 mill an hour or so I think. Others could be better, haven't checked in a while.

Considering you only made it to regicide, don't be like me and blitz the entirety of the quest requirements for the light within in two weeks, you'll give up on runescape for a month when you get to the elf city.

E: go you! Keep going my dude, priff is rad and I spend a fair amount of time there

E2: plagues end, not the light within. I blame an all nighter and too much caffeine.

SeaGoatSupreme fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 19, 2018

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Within the Light done. Hoping to get Plague's End started today and finished sometime this week when I have spare time.

edit - and done. Now to explore Priff

Omnikin fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Oct 23, 2018

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
just watch it for a second
Looks like OSRS came out on iOS today.

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

sevenflow posted:

Looks like OSRS came out on iOS today.

Android too. So much for being productive this week...

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Is the exp grind/progression a little more sane on mobile? I've gotten used to MMO devs realizing not all gamers are masochists with limitless time. Not entirely sure if I want to relive fishing lobbies for 4 hours straight on my iPhone. On the other hand, I really miss all the other parts of oldschool runescape so I don't want to abandon it.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
It's the exact same game but you can play it on mobile.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

buglord posted:

Is the exp grind/progression a little more sane on mobile? I've gotten used to MMO devs realizing not all gamers are masochists with limitless time. Not entirely sure if I want to relive fishing lobbies for 4 hours straight on my iPhone. On the other hand, I really miss all the other parts of oldschool runescape so I don't want to abandon it.

It is literally just like signing into your same account on a different computer.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Playing Runescape in 2018. What has my life become.

I expected to see what is apparently described as the now defunct "Runescape Classic", I was surprised to find out that "Old School Runescape" is still from a time after I stopped playing when they switched to 3D models.

Edit: VV :corsair: VV

explosivo fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 31, 2018

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

explosivo posted:

Playing Runescape in 2018. What has my life become.

I expected to see what is apparently described as the now defunct "Runescape Classic", I was surprised to find out that "Old School Runescape" is still from a time after I stopped playing when they switched to 3D models.

Yeah dude the game switched to 3D models in 2004, the 2D version was only available to the public as an active game for 3 years before they put it into "no updates" mode.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
my excitement for this sorta cratered when I realized I have to start over and do the same thing for hours on end that I did in the 8th grade.

RS3 seems way too different for me to hop back into. im scared of dramatic change.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

buglord posted:

my excitement for this sorta cratered when I realized I have to start over and do the same thing for hours on end that I did in the 8th grade.

RS3 seems way too different for me to hop back into. im scared of dramatic change.

You can straight up set rs3 to have the same combat mechanics as older versions and lower the graphics settings to look about the same, and also take advantage of all the stuff that slices out a bunch of grinding and traveling time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
That’s good to hear. I liked the low combat engagement of OSRS. That all said, I’ll probably wait until it hits mobile. I’d be much happier to play it on the iOS platform when I’m pooping or traveling or waiting at the DMV or something.