Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

content posted:

Is that made out of ferret fur?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Spellman posted:

8 Gamecube Controller Smash will soon be possible

https://store.powera.com/Browse/CONSWITCH

Those are NOT gamecube controllers.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I enjoy stories about people's personal lives more than pictures of boob witches and blurry anime dicks
I bought the Bayonetta games. My stance on boob witches is quite clear.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

Those are NOT gamecube controllers.

I think they are intended to be more than just Smash controllers as they have motion controls. But they seem to be licensed by Nintendo so they should be pretty good

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Spellman posted:

I think they are intended to be more than just Smash controllers as they have motion controls. But they seem to be licensed by Nintendo so they should be pretty good

They will be dogshit.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

They will be dogshit.

Well I'll probably complain about it if they do, I 🔥pre-ordered🔥 one

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spellman posted:

Well I'll probably complain about it if they do, I 🔥pre-ordered🔥 one

Let us know how they feel. I wasn’t a fan of those wired “GameCube” controllers that were coming out during the Wii and Smash 4 eras.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Can’t wait to cash in the six gc controllers I have to pay for my kids’ college someday.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Is Nintendo coming out with their own official GC controllers? Will they be available before the game comes out?

Common sense says yes but Nintendo etc.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

content posted:

Can’t wait to cash in the six gc controllers I have to pay for my kids’ college someday.

Same, with my original GCN Component Cables

Spellman
May 31, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

Let us know how they feel. I wasn’t a fan of those wired “GameCube” controllers that were coming out during the Wii and Smash 4 eras.

If it's compatible with Splatoon 2, maybe-holy-poo poo

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spellman posted:

If it's compatible with Splatoon 2, maybe-holy-poo poo

Real GameCube controllers work with Splatoon when plugged in with the adapter so I don’t see why not. Of course, you’re missing functions when playing with them due to not enough buttons/no gyro.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

These ones fortunately do have gyro, and extra Switch buttons so I think they'll be fully compatible

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

DoctorWhat posted:

They will be dogshit.

So, just like a GC controller?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

FastestGunAlive posted:

Figure I’ll give fortnite a try to see what it’s all about, on switch since I’m traveling. Switch goons have a discord or just using the main fortnite topic ?

There's a fortnite tab in the goon discord linked on the last page.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

SeANMcBAY posted:

the nintendo ones? those are pretty much the original.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spellman posted:

assecondduck posted:

As soon as someone announces a wireless Switch-compatible GameCube style controller I'll throw money at them. Not even just for Smash, I just really love the button layout. I've seen photos of ones Power A is supposedly making (in addition to the wired ones) but they haven't officially announced them.

Putting my money where my mouth is:

[Edit: I just realized how goddamn terrible that controller will be for Monster Hunter, good thing the game is *kisses fingers* with split Joycon]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Oct 12, 2018

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I can't really live the docked split joycon dream until they make the Bluetooth not drop out so easily. It's alright when I'm playing Monster Hunter in tabletop mode though.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

b_d posted:

the nintendo ones? those are pretty much the original.

Probably the third party ones that plugged into a wiimote.

Glaric
Oct 9, 2011

That's just sad.

Your Computer posted:

So... it really is the Dark Souls of Zelda games :hmmyes:

I would compare Zelda 2 to Dark Souls 2 in that it's more linear than its predecessor, and also a lot of its bosses are dudes in armor.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I still can't figure out why some games feel better with split Joycon and others feel better with the Pro controller. Isaac, Monster Hunter, and BotW I all play better when using split, but Odyssey, Doom, and Splatoon are Pro only for me. Some games I play fine with either (Skyrim, Immortal Redneck) and only one game requires me to bust out my 8BitDo SF30 Pro (Runner 3).

...Jesus I just realized that I'm gonna have five goddamn controllers for this console that I almost exclusively play single player games on. I might have a problem.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Spellman posted:

It's possible without these, you just need 2 adapters (and optionally a USB hub so you have 4 ports).

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
My work firewall calls the cops on me if I look at Google wrong. Ya’ll are lucky you can get here

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I can't really live the docked split joycon dream until they make the Bluetooth not drop out so easily. It's alright when I'm playing Monster Hunter in tabletop mode though.

Call Nintendo, Get your joycons fixed

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hows megaman 11 on this thing? Saw some video and it looked a little like the framerate was struggling but it might have been in the video and not the game

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Hows megaman 11 on this thing? Saw some video and it looked a little like the framerate was struggling but it might have been in the video and not the game

Digital Foundry released a video on MM11 today. It runs at a locked 60fps on every system, including both docked and handheld on Switch. The only downgrade the Switch has is some anti-aliasing. Nothing game breaking at all. And from my own personal account it looks and feels great in both modes.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Stan Taylor posted:

Probably the third party ones that plugged into a wiimote.

Yeah, I meant these. The official GameCube controllers that were released for Smash 4 were pretty good. The shoulder buttons felt a bit cheaper than the originals though so hopefully these Smash Ultimate ones fix that.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Does the Wii U GameCube adapter still work on the Switch? I have one but never used it

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Robot Hobo posted:

I had the same observation when I realized that I removed Labyrinth of Refrain, now complete, from my system, and inserted Bayonetta 2, from which I got distracted about two chapters in.

I did not realize that I was a fan of the booby witches but I'm glad Nintendo caters to my preferences.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Real hurthling! posted:

MM11 runs beautifully. It's a very good looking game imo

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

let me buy the drat joycon cables, nintendo

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Alan_Shore posted:

Does the Wii U GameCube adapter still work on the Switch? I have one but never used it

Yeah. I used it with my friends who hadn't played a Mario Tennis game since the Game Cube version to play Mario Tennis Aces and everything worked as expected. The Switch treats a GCN controller plugged into a Wii U adapter as a Pro Controller that doesn't have gyro control or a ZL button.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Robot Hobo posted:

Bayonetta is more of a booty witch.

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
Never played Disagea. Had a look at it and wouldn't want to be seen with it in public. What is up with all the anime titties?

Is it a game for horny 12 year olds?

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice
Anyone play TWEWY yet? Went a few pages back and didn't see much discussion about it. Never got around to playing it on the DS but I have always wanted to try it. The controls sound awful and I only play in handheld. Wanted to get some thoughts on it before I commit to it.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

psylent posted:

Never played Disagea. Had a look at it and wouldn't want to be seen with it in public. What is up with all the anime titties?

Is it a game for horny 12 year olds?

its that as well as some self deprecating humor

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

OMGzKakaniz posted:

Anyone play TWEWY yet? Went a few pages back and didn't see much discussion about it. Never got around to playing it on the DS but I have always wanted to try it. The controls sound awful and I only play in handheld. Wanted to get some thoughts on it before I commit to it.

Don't bother, handheld uses the touch screen for everything and it's practically unplayable (or at least really awkward) without a stylus.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Larryb posted:

Don't bother, handheld uses the touch screen for everything and it's practically unplayable (or at least really awkward) without a stylus.

Oh drat for real? Thats a shame...

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Larryb posted:

So the DS original version is still definitive? I’ve wanted to play this game for awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

So the DS original version is still definitive? I’ve wanted to play this game for awhile.

The Phone version is pretty drat good too.