Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

gently caress Your Website posted:

No he didn’t, just the loud rear end in a top hat segment, which is less than 5% even estimating generously. Most people don’t read Facebook groups about pedals let alone give a gently caress about what they do or don’t say.

That group has like 40,000 members lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
yeah i don't think you understand the middle aged sad sacks who make up the primary market for $250 tubescreamer clones

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
I've never owned (or made) a tubescreamer or any YATS clones... what am I missing?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Chalupa Joe posted:

I've never owned (or made) a tubescreamer or any YATS clones... what am I missing?

Turns out the secret to totally badass high gain sounds isn't scooping the mids out, but rather pushing them beyond all reason. The TS does that very well.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
just buy a regular rear end ts808 from ibanez, a ts9, or a maxon od808 and don't bother with the clones. The real point of them is to put them in front of a high gain amp to do what Dang it Bhabi says. It turns a monster gain tube amp from fat camp dropout to "it feels like cumming" pumping iron era Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

agreed, if you go TS into clean amp you'll wonder what all the fuss is about

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
My usual sound is either clean or fuzz bass (either a big muff or HM2) into a clean solid state amp.
or for guitar: direct or with a fuzz face/big muff/superfuzz into an already dirty tube amp with the EQ set to a mid hump.

The fuzz (I really like fuzz, don't look at me like that) probably makes a using a TS pointless anyway :cool:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
You'd be surprised how a clean boost setting Tube Screamer can turn a fuzz into Cousin It. You'll also never go back after hearing it in front of an HM2

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
I'd rather be Tad and run four maxed distortions at once.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Stupid Music poo poo: a future plan of mine is to buy a Roland Jazz Chorus and an HM2.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Turns out the secret to totally badass high gain sounds isn't scooping the mids out, but rather pushing them beyond all reason. The TS does that very well.

It's not the mid boosting that makes a tubescreamer great, it's the cutting all the bass from your guitar and boosting everything else into the front of the amp that makes them orgasmic.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Kilometers Davis posted:

Stupid Music poo poo: a future plan of mine is to buy a Roland Jazz Chorus and an HM2.

As someone who happened to have this combination at one point: do not do this. You will hate yourself forever because it is a terrible, terrible sound. (Not as bad as when you have to sell that sweet sweet JC-120 because you need to eat more than anything else.)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Too much clarity and not enough bottom end booty tone?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kilometers Davis posted:

Too much clarity and not enough bottom end booty tone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ixhb3FQ-R0&t=135s

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Johnny DeMarco is my spirit animal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J3caoAvXE

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS8Q5Tn0mRw

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzq5yq-5Fj8

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I aspire to his greatness.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
So they’re trying to do another Woodstock in 2019. That’s my stupid music contribution for today.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, Brian Wampler, take your blog and your fascist, aka "liberal", speech rules and shove them up your a@#.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Wampler is having a mid life crisis. Next he'll be coming out as Transgender and will be having sex reassignment surgery the first of the year. gently caress you Brain! And gently caress your piece of poo poo products!

LOL

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress Wampler and his white knighting ginger rear end. His pedals are super overpriced tries at reinventing the wheel. He is just mad cause he obviously is under some sjw feminazis thumb and he is a freckled ginger and he also realised that the word ginger is really just another word jumbled up and he can never change that. gently caress anybody that tries to become the thought police.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Brian probably voted for c l i n t o n and global is what almost destroyed our country and by the way b r i a n, how many illegals are living in your house? Do you have a safe room for people to try out your pedals and you might change the name of you pedals to s j w pedals.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
My wife came in when I was halfway through this post to talk about the stuff we need to get done today. she saw Def Leopard on the screen and wanted to watch the rest with me. After hearing about Wampler she said as she walked out of the room, and I quote, "tell that little low T gently caress I said (her way of addressing beta males) I don't need him taking up for me... I'd beat his rear end, and make his woman hold my purse." a phrase I've heard before. lol She would be pissed If I put money in this guy's pocket because we've talked about business owners who push their point of view on everyone. All of the women in my life can take care of themselves, and absolutely hate these fake white knights, and feminists speaking for them.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Muppets On PCP posted:

Wampler is having a mid life crisis. Next he'll be coming out as Transgender and will be having sex reassignment surgery the first of the year. gently caress you Brain! And gently caress your piece of poo poo products!

LOL

Stupid Music poo poo II: gently caress you Brain!

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer

My wife came in when I was halfway through this post to talk about the stuff we need to get done today. she saw Def Leopard on the screen and wanted to watch the rest with me. After hearing about Wampler she said as she walked out of the room, and I quote, "tell that little low T gently caress I said (her way of addressing beta males) I don't need him taking up for me... I'd beat his rear end, and make his woman hold my purse." a phrase I've heard before. lol She would be pissed If I put money in this guy's pocket because we've talked about business owners who push their point of view on everyone. All of the women in my life can take care of themselves, and absolutely hate these fake white knights, and feminists speaking for them.

wanna know how many words this dude spilled on the internet about the pussy melter

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I want to meet the real life woman who is married to that dude and is totally really real who uses the phrase "low t"

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Plus she has strong opinions about Brian Wampler.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

lmao

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Plus she has strong opinions about Brian Wampler.

Maybe that was Josh Scott posting?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The Honorable Judge Wampler; 'This is a new day. This is a new time.' I guess we should stop wearing underwear then according to your 'logic'. The Union Army wore underwear while battling native Americans. No doubt you must find that beyond offensive. Anyone that wears underwear surely condones the actions of the Union Army. I await your judgement on the matter, Nobleman of The Self Flagellation Circus.

I'm looking forward to the new Wampler Snowflake drive. It's completely transparent and actually detects wrong notes and replaces them with notes he approves of. Of course it comes it a gorgeous pink enclosure!

This illustrates what the pink hat faction of the left would do if they had the reigns of power and why we must stand up for free speech, which includes unpopular speech. This sort of stuff is exactly why the Democrat party lost me during the 2016 election and why I now support Libertarians. I remember when I voted Dem and we railed against the Bush administration for their "free speech zones" and the left was the voice of reason against censorship. But in their current zeal to virtue signal and suppress the speech of those they disagree with, they have become the very thing they once despised. Dems used to fight against the Moral Majority and imposing religious values upon our laws, but somehow the paradigm has flipped upside down. I can no longer support Wampler products (I have owned a couple and still own one) or any company that seeks to impose its beliefs upon their customers and/or supporters.

There are a lot of pedal makers out there- many that allow men to be men. Sorry but gently caress Brian Wampler.

Lets let women and soy boys buy Wampler pedals. That's what I'll see from now on when I see a Wampler pedal. BTW you know that use of those pedals lowers one's testosterone and makes men grow big big titties. Play at your own peril sweetie.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

gently caress the Freep and stupid music poo poo threads are merging

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer
back to awesome music poo poo for a minute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSLDnGE8xp8&t=164s

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
this is making me want to actually buy a wampler pedal

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?

Wamp Wamp

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

izagoof posted:

This is the most powerful being in the cosmos.

Gringostar posted:

this is making me want to actually buy a wampler pedal

They’re very good pedals. Go for it!

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
https://reverb.com/item/15664142-flipped-strat-s-type-guitar-sparkle-seafoam-green

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

izagoof posted:

he and johnny demarco need to start a band

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

It's funny because I have a similar guitar, but it's made by "FlipOut" (Dewey Decibel) rather than "Flipped." Could there have been TWO companies that made these?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kare
Mar 19, 2002
I have finally found some stupid music poo poo for this thread. The Pickguard Strat.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/statocaster-pickguard-gitarre/966654140-74-3429

Only registered members can see post attachments!