Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
if you want endorse levels just do QP and either play healer to always get one or more like 99% of the time or tank and get it like 60% of the time.

Then resign your self that getting above 4 is like some sort of super grind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Even 4 decays insanely fast unless you do solo grinding out the rear end, or never get an LFG stack worth sticking with.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
of course, we still lost :rip:

https://twitter.com/sacaitlin/status/1050602659026100224

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I love the detail with ghost armor Pharah falling to pieces like Bastion when she dies.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

So everyone in DM likes to state that Brig is an easy win pick and you're trash if you do that. So why am I not able to win anything with her? What's the secret of not getting ganked from 4 sides while flailing panicky at dudes or standing there shielded like a jackass?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

:discourse: beautiful. For a moment those last two were probably like "phew we missed the tire"

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

PhazonLink posted:

if you want endorse levels just do QP and either play healer to always get one or more like 99% of the time or tank and get it like 60% of the time.

Then resign your self that getting above 4 is like some sort of super grind.

does brigitte count? big part of why i fell off overwatch so hard is i kept feeling more and more forced to main tank because literally nobody else would, meanwhile MT becoming more and more frustrating to play. if i do come back to QP i’m honestly just going to slam pick dps because i feel like i’ve earned it :colbert:

brig i might pick though because i love her. hate the other healers tho

all that said those rates are pretty hosed up. commend your main tanks folks it’s such a lovely job

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nobody likes brigitte right now so you'll prob never get endorsed by the other team if you only play her

Klaaz posted:

So everyone in DM likes to state that Brig is an easy win pick and you're trash if you do that. So why am I not able to win anything with her? What's the secret of not getting ganked from 4 sides while flailing panicky at dudes or standing there shielded like a jackass?

stun them

that's about it really, brig isn't a very complicated character. learn the stun combo and you can do upwards of 150 damage before the poor sap you stunned can move. she can kill tracer for free with the bash

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Skeleton McCree is a great skin. I don't play McCree and I want it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

nobody likes brigitte right now
oh so nothing's changed since she came out, got it

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man they really need to rework Hammond. He just too weak to do anything.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
they need to give diva another tick of damage too.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I find he's good on defense on maps where you can abuse the spawn room regeneration. He's like a doomfist that needs twice as much healing.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

DeliciousCookie posted:

For Junkenstein, I've had the best luck with Zen, Brig, Hanzo, and Torb. Zen is great for helpin to focus down important targets like any of the bosses, but Hog in particular and Hanzo is perfect for getting rid of the spawning Syms, since his ult will go through the barrier regardless and kill everything from that side. Brig is just excellent as a tank and Torb is just great overall, especially to help with Sym and spawns if he ults down lanes or spawn doors.

New torb is perfectly designed to break junkenstein. Throw the turret up on junkenstein's platform and it can always hit every mob that spawns from top and middle. Whenever your ult comes up you can spurt on the ground in front of all 3 spawns from the middle of the map (you don't have to be very accurate, if you hit a wall it'll go to the ground in front of it). When theres a boss hit E and hold down right click.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Rirse posted:

Man they really need to rework Hammond. He just too weak to do anything.

this is incorrect

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Brig has been nerfed like 5 times already, but she kills flankers, saves people from getting bursted down, and has a shield to block headshots, so the 99.9% of the playerbase that mains Genji, Tracer, Widow, or Hanzo will never stop bitching about her.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

this is incorrect

Hammy sometimes feels like old doomfist when he was only used by someone that has memorized all the geometry that can be abused in a map.

megane posted:

Brig has been nerfed like 5 times already, but she kills flankers, saves people from getting bursted down, and has a shield to block headshots, so the 99.9% of the playerbase that mains Genji, Tracer, Widow, or Hanzo will never stop bitching about her.

Stuns never feel good in a pvp game. Really I think the game would be better if they changed every stun to "just" be an interrupt or to function like ana's sleep where the stun is stopped by damage.

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Oct 12, 2018

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Hammy sometimes feels like old doomfist when he was only used by someone that has memorized all the geometry that can be abused in a map.

the grappling hook's physics are so arcadey, it's so easy to piledriver into a group and shoot people dead

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Some junkenstein notes:

-meleeing summoner right as she spawns causes a bug that prevents her from moving
-torb can throw his turret into the widow perch by the door if he jumps up from the barrel underneath
-stuns should be reserved for reaper coming off fade and junk's monster when he ults or heals
-with zen and a stun, you can delete reaper before he can fade after he teleports

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

megane posted:

"this character has a lot of strengths and few weaknesses" is not typically a solid elevator pitch on why a videogame character is balanced

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Brig really doesn't deal much damage.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

"this character has a lot of strengths and few weaknesses" is not typically a solid elevator pitch on why a videogame character is balanced

work with a team to shoot her in her swedish rear end. be hammond and piledrive her

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Also when playing brig I'm pretty sure that the shield doesn't help against junkrat bombs.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i mean i don't know what about my original post seemingly implied "no weaknesses" or "impossible to kill"

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
she doesn't lose 1v1s against most of the cast and that's why people don't like her. she doesn't win them all but she doesn't lose more of the ones she doesn't win. (I know it sounds off but it works)

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

i mean i don't know what about my original post seemingly implied "no weaknesses" or "impossible to kill"

it implied you have work to do to improve as a player

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wghat

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

She's super slow and has no escape abilities, can't fight at range, and while her burst heal is nice, her actual healing output over time is really bad. Her shield is tiny, so if two people stand a few feet apart and shoot her she's going to get hit, and splash damage wraps around it or something so pharah rockets just ruin her. Her ult is okay, but not amazing, and in particular is not going to save your team from a big combo the way Lucio or Zen can.

She has tons of weaknesses. But all those Genji mains etc. are used to playing the game in a way she's directly and explicitly designed to counter.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
like...the only chars who have a snowballs chance in hell of being brig in her range are chars who can jump out of her range or completely stun her.

Mei can deal with her even after getting shield charged (I believe she has time to icicle herself between the 1st and 2nd swings after the shield charge provided her health is full.
Junkrat/Pharah have to avoid the shield bash or they are toast they avoid that they can put a real beating on her.
Rein has to be at full health but he can take her on anytime.
Those are the chars who can beat her.

Forced draws would be chars like
Soldier: Requires his med field to be ready as soon as engagement with her starts if she stuns him out of it she can kill him
Winston: big body. doesn't have to aim. can jump away before she can kill him. she risks her life because she will have to get pretty low to actually beat him in the fight.
Mcree if he catches her coming can kill her. in a even fight she wins.
Doomfist: can survive more than 2 swings after a shield bash and can get away but if they first encounter each other and he's already in her range he's gonna have a tough time and might have to focus on getting away from her.
Dva. Dva doesn't do enough damage to brig but can at least get her to back off if the suit is not damaged. the problem is by time she destroys the mech she can stun dva herself with another shield bash and that fight doesn't last long at all. in suit with missiles you should be able to dump enough damage into brig to make her back off.

AkumaHokoru fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 12, 2018

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

AkumaHokoru posted:

like...the only chars who have a snowballs chance in hell of being brig in her range are chars who can jump out of her range or completely stun her.

not winning 1v1 against a character in their element isn't a problem, though

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

AkumaHokoru posted:

Reaper can

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Tanks can.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

not winning 1v1 against a character in their element isn't a problem, though

honestly that's when people hate her the most. she catches them by surprise and bam. you're already in the kind of fight she wants.
Reaper...I think he has to avoid the shield bash and then get 2 headshots before she finishes her burstdown combo very rough if he opts not to fight he can get away without dying so ill add him to the draw list.

megane posted:

Tanks can.

The tanks that can win. Rein.
The tanks that can back her off. Winston Orisa/Dva (full mech or missiles available)
Tanks that can avoid getting killed but cant back her off: Hammond Roadhog.zarya...barely.

AkumaHokoru fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Oct 12, 2018

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

AkumaHokoru posted:

honestly that's when people hate her the most. she catches them by surprise and bam. you're already in the kind of fight she wants.
Reaper...I think he has to avoid the shield bash and then get 2 headshots before she finishes her burstdown combo very rough if he opts not to fight he can get away without dying so ill add him to the draw list.

how do you get caught by surprise? are we supposing your tab key's broken

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

how do you get caught by surprise? are we supposing your tab key's broken

there's blind spots on every map. or places she can hide where she can see her target coming. most people who see her coming stay out of her range and pepper her with shots trying to go in and focus her alone will get you bonked on the head.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

AkumaHokoru posted:

Reaper requires 3 whacks before the combo to kill which goes up to 4 if he heals 11 hp with his passive. The only reliable way to 1v1 reaper is to drag out the fight blocking and bash him twice, and that's assuming he won't walk through the shield and shoot point blank.

Reaper definitely has the advantage in that matchup, Roadhog even more so

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

AkumaHokoru posted:

there's blind spots on every map. or places she can hide where she can see her target coming. most people who see her coming stay out of her range and pepper her with shots trying to go in and focus her alone will get you bonked on the head.

Yes, and if you run headlong into those blind spots without backup a LOT of characters can effectively ambush you. That is not a nerf-worthy problem with Brigitte specifically. As everyone else (and you, kind of) has said, don't engage her in her element (melee 1v1) unless you're one of the characters who has advantage in that fight This, too, is also true of many other characters. You wouldn't bitch that you lost a sniping duel to Widow as Soldier, so why are you doing it here?

As several others have already pointed out she's slow and has no escape, so it's not like she's particularly hard to push into a situation that isn't her wheelhouse. And she's generally up frontline where she's easy to flank if she's alone or land CC on if she's with her team. Just do literally anything except the 1v1 dive spam she counters and you'll be fine. We get it, you hate being countered, but everything you're saying has already been answered. :shrug:

More helpful edit: play her in deathmatch and you'll get a really good idea of where she's at balance-wise, who can counter her, and how. I can definitely confirm that Reaper has no problem with her unless he's totally oblivious and lets me get three or four flail whacks in before the combo. I think she's actually a pretty bad DM pick and people only succeed with her by cherry-picking teamfights and using the flailspam to outlast all the already-wounded other people.

Also, Pharah.

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 12, 2018

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Unsinkabear posted:

don't fight brig at her range.

I am absolutely saying that people are misplaying the fight against brig but it can happen any time during a scramble where people are trying to get into position or if there is a pick so its more common than say going into a sniping duel with a sniper as a non sniper. I can see where people are frustrated with her too

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

AkumaHokoru posted:

I am absolutely saying that people are misplaying the fight against brig but it can happen any time during a scramble where people are trying to get into position or if there is a pick so its more common than say going into a sniping duel with a sniper as a non sniper. I can see where people are frustrated with her too

Hm, fair enough. Can't a sniper take advantage of a scramble or teamfight in the same way? I know I often wish someone would "just pressure that loving widow/pharah" when I'm tanking or healing, but maybe that's more on me than I realize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Unsinkabear posted:

Hm, fair enough. Can't a sniper take advantage of a scramble or teamfight in the same way? I know I often wish someone would "just pressure that loving widow/pharah" when I'm tanking or healing, but maybe that's more on me than I realize.
snipers SHINE during the scramble because people are looking for teammates and enemies and so that one extra second usually helps the sniper...unless bad
as far as dealing with the sniper that's my role when I play offtank/lucio I will absolutely risk my life to prevent my team from taking excess damage.