Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

where the red fern gropes posted:

i hope erina beats him offscreen and he vanishes like what happened in the last arc with ramen guy

You keep Xcution out of this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
lol at Erina staring at the pile of blow as if she's never worked at a restaurant before

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Eej posted:

lol at Erina staring at the pile of blow as if she's never worked at a restaurant before
Lol

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Eej posted:

She could tell it was low quality from there

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Eej posted:

Japan is sorta weird when they try to stereotypically portray drugs. It's always white powder, spoons and needles. No bongs or pipes. Like all they know is Meth, Heroin and pills. Which, I guess is accurate for the Asian drug trade

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Xelkelvos posted:

Japan is sorta weird when they try to stereotypically portray drugs. It's always white powder, spoons and needles. No bongs or pipes. Like all they know is Meth, Heroin and pills. Which, I guess is accurate for the Asian drug trade
I was about ready to say, uppers n' opiates are pretty much the drug categories dujour there

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Sep 28, 2018

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Why doesn’t Erina just call the police

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Those chefs would outcook the poo poo of normal police officers. No this must be settled at a high stakes cooking competition.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I like how the entire arc exists as a reason to get Soma to bang Erina despite him not being interested in women the entire series

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Angry Grimace posted:

I like how the entire arc exists as a reason to get Soma to bang Erina despite him not being interested in women the entire series
Tsukuda isn't a very good writer.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Eej posted:

Possessor of the perfect nose by proximity

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Xelkelvos posted:

Don't forget Those So-Called Legal Drugs That Are Being Sold.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Angry Grimace posted:

Why doesn’t Erina just call the police

It's almost like this manga is based on a truly ridiculous premise.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I like Erina's whole "Are you a loving moron?" attitude. I really do hope that we can get away from yet another tournament arc for at least another while.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

The hilarious part is that Tsukuda basically abandoned the romance aspect until it got awkward to reintroduce. I mean by this point you think Soma would have already noticed everyone around him has the body of a supermodel.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Angry Grimace posted:

The hilarious part is that Tsukuda basically abandoned the romance aspect until it got awkward to reintroduce. I mean by this point you think Soma would have already noticed everyone around him has the body of a supermodel.

Maybe he’s a chubby chaser and finds none of them attractive

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Rouncer posted:

Too bad you can’t get into Totsuki if you are even sort of out shape. Even the sole fat guy gets skinny and sexy during the summers.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rouncer posted:

Secret fujo ending with Aldini.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
The only people who might even be considered fat would have been the chankonabe society members.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

SwissArmyDruid posted:

The only people who might even be considered fat would have been the chankonabe society members.

So basically Aldini’s brother and the one guy from that RS. The rest of the school has chiseled abs and huge boobs.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Angry Grimace posted:

So basically Aldini’s brother and the one guy from that RS. The rest of the school has chiseled abs and huge boobs.

I mean that's the norm in anime/manga, and media in general. So I'm not sure why you seem to be mad about it here specifically. :shrug:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Neo_Crimson posted:

I mean that's the norm in anime/manga, and media in general. So I'm not sure why you seem to be mad about it here specifically. :shrug:

Honestly, it's just understandably upsetting for people to mistakenly get into a food manga expecting a character to show up and cater to their feeding fetish

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
That’s actually why most of the designs exist as they are, Tsukuda kept asking Tosh to draw girls with a lot of fat, it took a while to get the point across and, well, by the time they had it ironed out what exactly Tsukuda meant by that all the non-extra characters were done :v:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

I legitimately believed it was just low-key happening in the background and was happening without being a central focus.

Then it turned into a big loving plot tumor in two separate arcs and yet somehow still didn’t happen because romance is loving forbidden in shonen or something and Tsukuda is a big ol’ hack

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Poor Nikumi, just a tanned booby babe in a manga with little interest in indulging her crush

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This week, we have a long father-son chat on the beach.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

it's going to be a showdown between soma and his dad

his dad didn't lose to saiba, he just passed out from boredom

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Archenteron posted:

I don't know about you but I'm a fan of Generic Outlaw Star Villain, Aizen, Sebas from Overlord, and Warhammer 40k Lady Commissar as the new cooking goon squad

Adding the Fat Gay Clown Ghost from early Yu-Gi-Oh to the cast

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Soma Mom was Lego all along.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

EVIL! FAT! CLOWN! CHEF! EVIL! FAT! CLOWN! CHEF! Now I'm motivated!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Slipknot crossover spotted.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Patware posted:

EVIL! FAT! CLOWN! CHEF! EVIL! FAT! CLOWN! CHEF! Now I'm motivated!
And a presumably big main stream, watched by the world competition is gonna have to let that guy compete. lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What are the chances of Azami having found his way onto to the committee being the one behind letting the Dark Chefs compete in Blue?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

What are the chances of Azami having found his way onto to the committee being the one behind letting the Dark Chefs compete in Blue?

only things that i don't like happen in this manga so probably pretty good

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Electric Phantasm posted:

You know... Azami having seen the writing on the wall and deciding to gently caress poo poo over as his last few days as the head of the academy seems right up his alley.

"Well poo poo! Dean Azami decided we now allow terrorists in our cooking competition!"

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I'm not sure how much I care for a :words: :words: :words: chapter that wasn't really all that informative.

There's an awful lot of hinting that Erina x Soma is going to become a plot and also that Soma's mom is going to become a plot. The problem being that Soma doesn't give a flying gently caress about either.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Angry Grimace posted:

I'm not sure how much I care for a :words: :words: :words: chapter that wasn't really all that informative.

There's an awful lot of hinting that Erina x Soma is going to become a plot and also that Soma's mom is going to become a plot. The problem being that Soma doesn't give a flying gently caress about either.
He clearly cares about Erina noticing him, though. Just not in a rom-com-y way.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

I think it actually completely contradicted a bunch of stuff too.

Soma learned a lot from Jou but it was from his own drive, Jou just happened to be doing a lot of stuff around Soma.

Wark Say posted:

He clearly cares about Erina noticing him, though. Just not in a rom-com-y way.

Until a last minute switch flips and suddenly he does.

Are romances that aren’t last minute just forbidden in the realm of shonen?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/283/5406/1?mobile=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I had to go back a chapter to make sure I didn't skip one. Wasn't expecting to immediately go to Blue.