Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
So I need WR help for tonight's game.

I have Adam Thielen, Cooper Kupp, OBJ, and Alshon Jeffery.

I'm going to sit Jefferey, but now I'm waffling between him and OBJ.. help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

maniacripper posted:

OBJ man...stop thinking so much.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

weird Asian candy posted:

OBJ man...stop thinking so much.

Yeah this, sit OBJ.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

pick 2 out of 3 to start, standard scoring

Alshon Jeffery @ NYG (tonight)
Tyler Boyd vs Pit
Jordan Howard @ Mia

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

maniacripper posted:

What the hell is the ODB vs Alshon calculus here. DSYS my guy

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Well its raining and the giants are really bad at football.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

maniacripper posted:

and Philly is really, really bad at defending WR1s. You can't bench OBJ unless his legs fall off.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

maniacripper posted:

Ah yes the Eagles should be playing in much better weather.

DSYS.

Edit: this has already aged well

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Oct 12, 2018

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

*races into thread*

Alshon...Jeffery...

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

kiimo posted:

*races into thread*

Alshon...Jeffery...

bUt iTs RaInInG iN nEw YoRk

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Lmao

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Still....DSYS

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
All of my choices are bad.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
can't bench a WR1 if you don't have any WR1s

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Poque posted:

bUt iTs RaInInG iN nEw YoRk

I meant that the giants are bad in decent weather they're probably going to be superbad in the rain. yes I believe the giants will be affected by the rain more than the eagles. The eagles seem like a professional team, I'm a dolphins fan so my judgement may be clouded.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Need a FLX, 0 PPR

Keelan Cole @ Dal
Baldwin @ Oak (London)
Demaryius Thomas v LAR

Leaning Baldwin

Rest of starters:

Cousins
Tyler Boyd
Allen Robinson
Conner
Ebron
Howard

Edit: this is my reality:

Poque posted:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

maniacripper posted:

I meant that the giants are bad in decent weather they're probably going to be superbad in the rain. yes I believe the giants will be affected by the rain more than the eagles. The eagles seem like a professional team, I'm a dolphins fan so my judgement may be clouded.

Sorry, that wasn't supposed to be directed at any specific person. :) There's been a lot of weather talk in multiple threads.

Saquon Barkley is going to drop 30 points against me this week.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I left Jeffery in my lineup. All is well (except for the fact I'm a Giants fan :smithicide:)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Poque posted:

He's my WR4.

I guess he's going in every lineup now.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

weird Asian candy posted:

At kickoff it seems like it should be not rainy...so I'm rolling Jeffrey and I would trust him over either of your two.

I'm so glad I took your advice at the last second

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

All of my choices are bad.

if it makes you feel any better i didn't listen to you

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

if it makes you feel any better i didn't listen to you

It does.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Rain doesn’t have nearly as big an impact on QB/WR performance as wind does, specifically wind around the 15 mph mark (sustained, not gusts). Some sports or fantasy writer did some respectable background research and wrote an article that was posted here at some point.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Suave Fedora posted:

Rain doesn’t have nearly as big an impact on QB/WR performance as wind does, specifically wind around the 15 mph mark (sustained, not gusts). Some sports or fantasy writer did some respectable background research and wrote an article that was posted here at some point.

What about extreme cold? I feel like wind and cold are recipes for bad output from qbs and wrs?

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?
I'm trying to crawl out of the cellar I'm having trouble with this decision at wr I want to put sanu in for Sunday tho because it's a great matchup but in place of who in a 1 ppr league choose 3:

J. Crowder vs Was
E. Sanders vs Lar
W. Fuller vs buf
M. Sanu vs tb

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Who should I grab to cover Big Ben's bye next week?

Luck vs BUF
or
Dalton @ KC

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

Who should I grab to cover Big Ben's bye next week?

Luck vs BUF
or
Dalton @ KC

I like Luck quite a bit even outside of being a streamer.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

6-year plan man posted:

I'm trying to crawl out of the cellar I'm having trouble with this decision at wr I want to put sanu in for Sunday tho because it's a great matchup but in place of who in a 1 ppr league choose 3:

J. Crowder vs Was
E. Sanders vs Lar
W. Fuller vs buf
M. Sanu vs tb

Fuller may not play which would make this decision very easy. If he does I'd probably roll Sanders, Fuller, Sanu.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I need a flex

Kenny Stills v CHI
Robby Anderson v IND
Keelan Cole @ DAL
Marques Valdes-Scantling v SF
Kenyan Drake v CHI
Lamar Miller v BUF

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Jose Valasquez posted:

I need a flex

Kenny Stills v CHI
Robby Anderson v IND
Keelan Cole @ DAL
Marques Valdes-Scantling v SF
Kenyan Drake v CHI
Lamar Miller v BUF

Yikes. Valdes-Scantling if GB is missing multiple receivers, Anderson otherwise. I wouldn't take anybody against the Bears coming off a bye, Dallas is pretty good against the pass, and I don't trust Lamar Miller even against Buffalo.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I’m agonizing about starting Tyler Boyd over Chris Godwin.

They both have good matchups and I have a good feeling about both of them but I guess I just want to see Jameis actually do it before I start him.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Poque posted:

Yikes. Valdes-Scantling if GB is missing multiple receivers, Anderson otherwise. I wouldn't take anybody against the Bears coming off a bye, Dallas is pretty good against the pass, and I don't trust Lamar Miller even against Buffalo.

The problem with Valdes-Scantling is GB plays Monday so I won't know ahead of time :negative:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Jose Valasquez posted:

The problem with Valdes-Scantling is GB plays Monday so I won't know ahead of time :negative:

Ugh, that is rough. Anderson against Indy isn't really a bad play though, even though he has only really had one good week.

My opponent had Barkley and Clement go last night, so I need to look at who my highest-upside WRs are. Who are the most likely ones to go off here? Bold are my current choices.

Calvin Ridley vs TB
Keke Coutee vs BUF
Michael Crabtree @ TEN
Dede Westbrook @ DAL

Buffalo is decent against the pass but apparently they give up a ton to slot receivers, which is where Coutee is most likely to play, so I'm leaning in that direction.

Emulator
Sep 20, 2007
perma-nub

kiimo posted:

They both have good matchups and I have a good feeling about both of them but I guess I just want to see Jameis actually do it before I start him.

I vote Boyd - they're playing Pitt who has had a pretty terrible defense so far this season plus they're a division rival.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

kiimo posted:

I have the same decision (plus Enunwa). I'm going with Boyd.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'd go Boyd if I had him, but I was just able to get Godwin off the WW

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Should I pick Jameis Winston (@ATL) off the Waiver Wire for a one-week stream or stick with my current QB starter Phillip Rivers (@CLE)?

Would probably drop Frank Gore to get Winston.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Need a Flex, half-PPR

Mike Williams @ CLE
Quincy Enunwa v IND
Isaiah Crowell v IND
David Njoku v LAC

Williams has the better matchup, Enunwa has the better track record, Crowell seems very Q, and I feel like there's no way I want to run out two TEs ever (Brate has the TE slot this week.) (I should have played Clement, dammit.)

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Vargo posted:

Should I pick Jameis Winston (@ATL) off the Waiver Wire for a one-week stream or stick with my current QB starter Phillip Rivers (@CLE)?

Would probably drop Frank Gore to get Winston.

Im streaming Winston this week over Cousins with the potential of keeping him ROS. He was the top QB last 4 weeks last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I had Boyd slotted as the starter, too. I was just fishing for someone to come in and say start Godwin you idiot but Boyd is my guy this week.