Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Seing Zipper Man's stuff happening in animation is even more body horror than it was in the manga - and this is going to get REALLY ridiculous later on, especially when he's trying to avoid a hook going to his heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Here's the full version of Fighting Gold btw

Josuke Higashikata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0NMl7wmfyQ

OP (single length, without the video)

It's loving wonderful.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Giorno and Bruno just need to gently caress already.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Giorno and Mista just need to gently caress already.
ftfy

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I like that they put Trish in the OP, I hope they write her into more fights

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mista isn't in the show just yet.
They're going to gently caress too though, don't worry.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I'm so excited for so many thing y'all

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Mista isn't in the show just yet.
They're going to gently caress too though, don't worry.
im so excited for the other boys to get here. i just want to be two weeks from now, gently caress black sabbath

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I think the part I'm looking forward to the most is Cioccolata getting MUDA'd for what will probably be a straight minute.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Expect My Mom posted:

im so excited for the other boys to get here. i just want to be two weeks from now, gently caress black sabbath

black sabbath is a really good stand fight though. I want to see the rest of the boys too and get their individual stand battles, but we have to see giorno trying to keep a lighter lit as the universe conspires to stop him

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't think they'll retcon the plot hole with Black Sabbath but deadly curious if they're going to skirt around it and also if Mario is going to die.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I don't think they'll retcon the plot hole with Black Sabbath but deadly curious if they're going to skirt around it and also if Mario is going to die.

I forgot all about the Black Sabbath plothole.

Now I'm really curious to see if they do anything about it.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
i want some gangsters paradise or youre nobody until somebody kills you as the ED once narancia is on the gates

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

TheLoneStar posted:

I think the part I'm looking forward to the most is Cioccolata getting MUDA'd for what will probably be a straight minute.

Hard same, with the addition of it bleeding into the ED

That and White Album. And Grateful Dead and Beach Boy....and like. Everything??

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I wanna see how they handle the Doppio/Diavolo transition.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

This is my most anticipated thing by far, to see how they deal with Doppio and his Phone Shenanigans.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

BaDandy posted:

Hard same, with the addition of it bleeding into the ED

What I want for Cioccolata's punching is for it to be ~30 seconds or so at the end of the episode... then the credits start playing over it and they just use it instead of the ED. I'd then have it be a ~10-15 seconds cold open at the start of the next just before the OP. It still stays pretty short in total screen time, but it really drives home that he was such a vile fucker that from the viewers perspective he got punched for 7 days straight.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Zipper Man booooooo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fighting GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Waffleman_ posted:

Fighting GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD

https://twitter.com/persauna/status/1050811901326680064

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Aw, they went with Zipper Man? That’s weak.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I forgot all about the Black Sabbath plothole.

Now I'm really curious to see if they do anything about it.

What plothole?

Edit: wait nevermind it's the arrow piercing Giorno's hand, right?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So, I forget a lot of the finer details of Part 5, but Giorno totally never uses the "punch extra life energy into someone" power ever again, right?

And we have one fight before the lighter, right?

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Giorno uses it once on Black Sabbath and it doesn't work because Black Sabbath doesn't really have a consciousness to speak of. He never has much of a chance to punch anyone after that.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
We don't have a fight, it's just Giorno heading over to meet Polpo and getting the lighter.

Daxing Dan posted:

Giorno uses it once on Black Sabbath and it doesn't work because Black Sabbath doesn't really have a consciousness to speak of. He never has much of a chance to punch anyone after that.

And yeah, though I'd like to think that Ciaccolatta getting that 7-page beatdown is getting it in an extremely painful, slow and drawn out way. Giorno does the same thing that Jotaro does, where he MUDAs dudes he's already beaten as a flex.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
he punches him into an active trash compactor while under the effects of Gold Experience's slowed time sooooooo

yikes

Electric Phantasm posted:

What plothole?

Edit: wait nevermind it's the arrow piercing Giorno's hand, right?
Gold Experience gets stabbed with the arrow and nothing happens which is absolutely not what happens later on, I hope they change it

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm so excited to see that moment where Doppio's eyes roll back to reveal Diavolo's. It's such a cool moment and it'll look even better in motion.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Doppio goes behind the pillar, Diavolo comes out.

You hear Greg Lake yell 21ST CENTURY SCHIZOID MAN, cut to credits.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it was a dry stab

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

giorno is never really in situations again where trying to run up and punch someone to death is feasible or in any way smart so it's not so much a dropped plot thing as it is 'this is nifty but not as useful as being able to shapeshift loving anything into literally goddamn any living thing basically'

part of this is because part 5 has some particularly nasty opponents in general

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

probably a part of the reason mista gets a lot of the big fights over giorno (white album comes to mind)

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah i think mista might be in just as many fights as he isn't. turns out having a gun is a strong move

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

STONE COLD 64 posted:

probably a part of the reason mista gets a lot of the big fights over giorno (white album comes to mind)

God I can't wait for the reactions to White Album and Giorno's and Mista's plans.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Expect My Mom posted:

yeah i think mista might be in just as many fights as he isn't. turns out having a gun is a strong move

Having a Stand that is a group of fun dudes with personality trying to angle bullets around impossibly makes a great guy to focus on.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also Giorno's the leader. When you're the leader, you get other people to fight for you.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah for sure, I love Mista and his bullet buddies he has to feed pepperoni too. The chill characters in manga who also get deadly serious are usually my favs and Mista is no different

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Waffleman_ posted:

Also Giorno's the leader. When you're the leader, you get other people to fight for you.
This is def not true, pretend I posted the panel where Giorno shoots Mistas gun with him and holds hands

And the one where hes sucking mistas dick

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, SOMETIMES you gotta get your hands dirty to show you're serious.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I never really thought of Black Sabbath’s arrow-stab as a plot hole. We only saw Requiem stands firm when the user themself stabs their stand right? I figured that was part of the requirement. And if it isn’t, the arrow seems to have a will of its own so maybe it just wasn’t feeling it that day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's the general justification people have gone with, yeah. You have to want it.