Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Expect My Mom posted:

It took a bit of listens but yeah this op is good, I honestly cant tell if they'll do more like they did for Part 4, this one could last them the whole time

But honestly the visuals are what to it for me holy moly

id expect a change around the time we start seeing doppio (don't hover if you are new to this Part ! ! !)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
That ED. Mother of God. It's so good.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The JoJos are good, everyone. David does it again, anime is saved.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

What a fuckin good OP and what a sexy ED

thanks David Pro

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Is there a specific reason people are going nuts over the the ED song I've never heard it before lol

Jodeci was a very popular R&B group in the late 80s and early 90s that split off, with K-Ci and JoJo forming the group named after themselves that was very popular until the 2000s or so. If Boys II Men were the sanitized, light r and b group that sang nice love songs with choreography, Jodeci was pretty much the counter with singing about sex and gyrating sexually on stage. Although K-Ci and JoJo did end up singing a few really popular less grindy songs like Life (theme song for the movie Life) and All My Life. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXvMT_mVbqw

The fact that David Pro/Araki picked people named KCi (you'll figure this part out later) and JoJo to sing a JoJo's part 5 theme song is hilarious because it was thought out way better than thousands of people on the Internet could over all this time.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Gangster's Paradise would have been a bad choice

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Josuke Higashikata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0NMl7wmfyQ

OP (single length, without the video)

It's loving wonderful.

Oh my God the full version is so good.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Is there a specific reason people are going nuts over the the ED song I've never heard it before lol

jodeci is a loving insane choice, members of jodeci split off to become the immensely popular K-Ci and Jojo, which means this ED is basically the most Jojo ED possible, also this song is horny as gently caress and identifies itself as such almost immediately

edit: fuckin beat by Darko while I was typing this out but in my defense I am actively losing my mind about just how well David Pro has threaded the needle of putting this Bizarre Adventure onto a television screen and I am becoming more and more inarticulate with every repeat listen of FIGHTING GOLD

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Bruno's Stand is called Sticky Fingers btw and it's maybe my favorite example of how JoJo powers are more about being smarter to use your stupidly specific ability

also i like that they mention here that Gold Experience isn't super strong like Star Platinum or Crazy Diamond to make up for it's ability

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 12, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
"This is the taste of a liar." "I can put anything in your mouth." "Episode 2: Buciarrati is Coming" "I wake up feeling so horny."

Part 2 has Joseph getting married to two bodybuilders after they both stick something down his throat that's still somehow less sexual than Part 5 so far.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Araki is thoroughly gunning for the "Wants to gently caress his manga creations" crown held by the long-time champion Go Nagai.

Using Jodeci as an ED is a bold swing at that title.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Araki's usually more classy about it than most, though.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yo the new opening loving shreds

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Araki is thoroughly gunning for the "Wants to gently caress his manga creations" crown held by the long-time champion Go Nagai.

i submit

for his nomination

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Nah, Araki firmly holds the "Wants to gently caress his manga creations" crown.

Go Nagai holds the "Wants to gently caress you with his manga creations" crown.

A very nuanced but important difference.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
the soliders of passione finally have a soundtrack befitting of them

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
that ED choice
:shittypop:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Kuvo posted:

that ED choice

I looked at the spoiler that had been posted on Twitter, and figured it had to be the guy pulling a fast one just to mess with people.

Once again, I have clearly underestimated the power of David Pro's Stand, which allows them to create the best goddamn Jojo adaptation ever.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Kuvo posted:

that ED choice

I like that it comes with the very quintessence of late 90's/early 2000's RnB visuals.

I'm really glad I waited until seeing the episode for Fighting Gold because I absolutely lost my entire mind hearing it, Jesus Christ Coda.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The ED is so good

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

there has not been a single post about the episode itself. just the op and ed.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
The OP is Very Powerful.

The ED is Very Horny.

This Friday is Very Good.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

STONE COLD 64 posted:

The episode was good too

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
now that the first two episodes are out i'm reposting this excerpt from ign's 2002 preview of the part 5 PS2 game

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Archenteron posted:

The OP is Very Powerful.

The ED is Very Horny.

Every time I close my eyes I wake up feeling so horny because we're one day closer to Friday

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lmao

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is anyone else having trouble watching the episode? I can see it on the episode list right there but it refuses to load under any circumstance.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - Friday Makes Me Horny

Archenteron posted:

The OP is Very Powerful.

The ED is Very Horny.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/MinovskyArticle/status/1050795047787073536

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Where to begin??

DavidPro has been getting bolder with adding to some scenes as time goes on, and I'm glad they're finding a balance with that and staying loyal. We see more of Giorno's mom and stepdad, along with implications of what he might actually be doing for a living (nothing legal, probably!), we see more of Giorno's interactions with the mysterious gangster, the thing with the ice cream even ties back nicely to the first episode. The fight itself was hype as all hell and afterwards, Bucellati has a mini-freakout about Giorno's utterly insane proposal of taking over while Giorno doesn't pay that much attention to it. He's so loving cavalier about the whole thing. This is only the second episode! I have been listening to Fighting Gold on repeat for like an hour.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So yeah, as opposed to previous Joestar Stands like Star Platinum and Crazy Diamond, Gold Experience is kinda weak.

Probably weak than Killer Queen, I'd say?

Standsexual.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

it's a shame that giorno imprinted with his stand back when he had a bowl cut instead of when he had his donuts so now his stand is stuck with the bowl cut forever

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the average punch ghost is still able to pretty easily mangle a person but gold experience definitely isn't an outright physical powerhouse

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
So I just wanna make sure I have the timeline here accurate:

Golden Wind takes place in 2001. Giorno is 15. This means he would have been born in 1986.
Diamond is Unbreakable takes place in 1999. Giorno would have been 13.
Stardust Crusaders takes place around the end of 1987. Giorno would have been around 1 year old, give or take a few months.

So... somehow an infant Giorno was able to survive DIO using the Stand arrow to awaken his own Stand and the Stands of the Joestar bloodline. That's fairly impressive, given that both Holly and Josuke were stricken ill by it, and Holly nearly died from the experience.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Giorno's Fighting Spirit is the same as Mannish Boy's.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well, he is DIO's son. That probably gave him some protection.

Also

"I must eliminate the Joestar bloodline." - DIO

"Yeah, sure, you can have my child." - also DIO

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

every time i close my eyes

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

whether you survive or not completely depends on your spirit. some babies have stronger spirits than others. kakyoin and polnareff were born with their stands and had strong spirits. shizuka and mannish boy were both babies that had powerful stands. it looks like giorno's didn't really resonate until he was more grown than a toddler. holly doesn't have the fighting spirit her father had, thus her stand was to turn on her. with josuke, we can surmise that same thing, but being saved by the pompadour man awakened something in his spirit that he would retain his stand after DIO's death. giorno just had a stronger spirit as an infant initially than josuke did at 4 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
KQ is definitely a step below Star Platinum and Crazy Diamond in terms of raw physical strength but also definitely a step above Gold Experience. I guess the closest comparison for Gold Experience would be Silver Chariot? OP and ED were amazing, episode was good, JoJo owns.