Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheCenturion posted:

:wiggle: I want YOU to come join Slam Town.
:reject: You're asking me to emigrate to Slam Town? Become a Slamtonian? I don't know, what's in it for me? I mean, you're the mayor of Slam Town, what do I get?
:wiggle: Deputy Mayor?
:reject: I don't know, that seems like a very ceremonial position. I don't want to be out, you know, cutting ribbons at the new Slamming Salon while you're out forming policy. How about Comptroller?
:wiggle: Comptroller?
:reject: Yes, Comptroller of Slam Town.

And thus was born the beginning of a new alliance, an alliance to surpass Mason-Dixon; the City Council of Slam Town. With their unique mix of brains, brawn, civic duty and bureaucratic savvy, the City Council of Slam Town proceeded to dominate the rest of the game.

I'm 100% down for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

The Bloop posted:

Hey Mark Burnett

Yeah I know you're reading this thread you trump-loving piss-tape-having shitbird

All will be forgiven if you make a sequel to Kid Nation called Slamtown and make a bunch of nerds and pro-wrestlers form a government. John and Christian can host. You don't have to pay me for this idea.

Also, Jared needs to be involved.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

The Bloop posted:

Hey Mark Burnett

Yeah I know you're reading this thread you trump-loving piss-tape-having shitbird

All will be forgiven if you make a sequel to Kid Nation called Slamtown and make a bunch of nerds and pro-wrestlers form a government. John and Christian can host. You don't have to pay me for this idea.

i would watch this

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Jeremy's exit press is out:

quote:

Gordon Holmes: Take me back to last night. Did you see it coming at all?
Jeremy Crawford: The thing that really kicked me off the show was something that wasn’t shown, so it might sound like an excuse. The reason for the blindside, and it wasn’t a blindside, Angelina was in a showmance with John. It was kind of one-sided like Kara and Dan. But, Angelina had just gotten married. So, she was adamant that nobody make any comments about a showmance between her and John on the show. And essentially I made a joke about Angelina and John’s showmance after our challenge where we won fishing gear. I made a joke around the campfire and that got back to Angelina. And from that, she went around and told people, “He has to go, he’s trying to ruin my marriage. I’m going to be humiliated.” So, she told people that, but told them not to talk about it on camera. That’s how you get nine people to vote somebody off who they really don’t want to. You add a personal layer from the real world to it. So, it really had nothing to do with me and Natalie. If you go back and look at Angelina in the tent when she says, “I can’t trust him anymore.” That “anymore” is telling you why. And that’s the only clue I could find last night as to why she so adamantly couldn’t trust me anymore. We weren’t in an alliance, so what was that “anymore”?

Uhhhh well that's a thing?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ApplesandOranges posted:

:catstare:

Jeez both him saying it and CBS reporting it seems Y I K E S

I mean, I'd be pissed if that got me voted off too and I don't want to be an accomplice to some bullshit but holy gently caress

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It stings seeing Jeremy go because he had a lot of passion to play the game, while Natalie just sort of goes around being intractable and rude. Granted she's a little bit of fun as a character, and Jeremy was digging his own grave by going so big with everything. I don't know whether or not I believe the exit interview story fully, but either way he put his foot in his mouth.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

I thought Jeremy was done when he called that tribe meeting about people not going off into small groups and strategizing, followed by Jeremy going into small groups and strategizing. It's kind of a bummer if the marriage thing was what really got him kicked off though.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

When was this season recorded? Johnny Marriage got hitched in June and now I'm just realizing that we might get Taya Valkyrie at the loved ones visit.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

ApplesandOranges posted:

:stare:

:cripes:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm kinda partial on the story - if it's true it kinda bites because it seemed like Natalia/Mike were gonna be able to do something. But if Jeremy wasn't already rubbing people the wrong way it'd be harder to persuade people to vote for him. And we haven't really seen him actually bond with anyone other than Mike, so I don't know how much unity there would have been to save him; at this point people are in 'anyone but me' mode. Natalia might have been able to swing a couple people, but I don't think it would have been enough.

Angelina is definitely gonna be an interesting one to watch. She's kind of low-key villainous.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Even then Mike seemed more fascinated with him than actually bonded. What I mean to say is, that relationship was weird and only possible because Mike is also weird rather than anything Jeremy did, I think.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"I want Jeremy to be taken out instead of Natalie to build my resume" is such a stupid thing to.....

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol if Natalie Sandra’s her way to the end

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Lone Goat posted:

When was this season recorded? Johnny Marriage got hitched in June and now I'm just realizing that we might get Taya Valkyrie at the loved ones visit.

March 29, 2018 - May 6, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I can absolutely believe that Jeremy interview because, well, much weirder poo poo has happened with people getting voted off for "meta" reasons

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I mean, Jeremy was calling tribe meetings telling people not to talk to each other, while also talking himself about how he found their ally's idol by rifling through his stuff, which surely wasn't good. Making a joke about someone's flirtmance and making them feel uncomfortable may have hurt but also is just more fuel for the fire: Jeremy wasn't part of the big six person alliance, his only known buddy was Mike White who's on the tribe's periphery, and he got into a huge feud with the other target. All of that points to him being a pretty bad social player that was repeatedly putting himself into a worse position; add to that the fact that he's a strategic busybody and the boot makes a lot of sense.

Jeremy then coming to exit interviews with a prepared statement as if his stupid social fauxpas is some sort of scandal is actually pretty low. Okay, so she was crushing on John and was a newlywed, and you embarrassed her over it, and she got you booted. That's Survivor, and that doesn't exonerate you and make your boot count less! But good going tarring the poor woman's real life reputation because you lost a game.

We don't even know if it was straight cause and effect, but even if it was, it doesn't really redeem him at all to me...

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah it's legit.

It's especially legit if he agreed to be circumspect and then made a wisecrack anyway.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
A lot of his interviews were taken up by the Angelina thing, but we didn't even hear any questions at him about whether or not he was aware he was rubbing people the wrong way with his over-strategizing.

Just based off what he's saying about himself being 'one of the most liked people out there', I doubt it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

quote:

That’s how you get nine people to vote somebody off who they really don’t want to.

lol yea ok buddy

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Perhaps it is possible that Angelina behaved inappropriately and stupidly in front of TV cameras and Jeremy was thoughtless and annoying?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Propaganda Machine posted:

Perhaps it is possible that Angelina behaved inappropriately and stupidly in front of TV cameras and Jeremy was thoughtless and annoying?

Yes?

It's still his fault even if for violating peer pressure norms in a social voting game

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
We'll have to see if other castaways verify this story. If Jeremy is the only one saying it, then I'm pretty sure we can 100% chalk it up to Bitter Betty Syndrome. It already reads like a sad, weird, personal vendetta uncomfortably dragged into the public eye. Honestly, the more I see from him, the more retroactively hilarious his lecture on self-awareness becomes.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Even if so, dragging it out in the open is kinda ugly.

If a showmance was truly relevant, the editors would have shown it? Not like Angelina could really have stopped them from getting some footage since they've got cameras on them almost 24/7.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Even if so, dragging it out in the open is kinda ugly.

If a showmance was truly relevant, the editors would have shown it? Not like Angelina could really have stopped them from getting some footage since they've got cameras on them almost 24/7.

This was my thought. He makes it sound like the cameras somehow all missed the showmance, missed him joking about it, and missed them plotting against him for that reason

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Survivor production could possibly have decided not to show it out of decency as well. They just needed a story to tell and they had one in Jeremy vs Natalie.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Oct 12, 2018

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I actually liked Jeremy and there was a lot of "hey this guy probably ultimately a decent dude" mixed in with all the craziness. I can totally believe all the other Angelina stuff too, or, that he completely invented it as well. I'm past the point of being shocked by the surrounding meta (really since reading Stingray like a million years ago).

Propaganda Machine posted:

I could totally sign on with this too.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Zesty posted:

Survivor production could possibly have decided not to show it out of decency as well. They just needed a story to tell and they had one in Jeremy vs Natalie.

I don't think decency factors into much of what CBS does. I mean, Whitney Duncan was married when she went on Survivor and got into a showmance, and they put her and the guy she cheated on her husband with (and then divorced him for) on the Amazing Race.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Nottherealaborn posted:

This was my thought. He makes it sound like the cameras somehow all missed the showmance, missed him joking about it, and missed them plotting against him for that reason

Let's not forget she could also be the winner, whom they need to paint as a hero.

Not excusing his tantrum he's publicly throwing over it, but I mean if it's true and it's the reason he was voted out then that's pretty hosed up and she kinda deserves to be called on it. Her claim to being a Goliath is that she manipulates people into giving her free meals, so I'm not exactly sold yet that she's a good person.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If she's just flirting and cuddling with John, why does that really matter? What is there for her to be called out on? Are you assuming she and John were making out, or that she cheated on her husband or something? Because I seriously doubt they went that far. Angelina also told her husband that she might be flirting with guys out there and he said go for it. From Jeremy's statement:

quote:

And on our first day, day 1, first hour, Angelina told us, “Oh, I told my husband about Survivor. He knows that I might have to cuddle and be in a showmance and he’s alright with it. He’s like, ‘Do whatever it takes to win the million dollars.’” But as the days started to go by, she started to worry about what it might look like, because it started to look really obvious.
So she's got her husband's blessing, but she nevertheless becomes sensitive to how she might look, and she makes that known. And then Jeremy goes and says something that exacerbates those concerns and pits her against him. And she has a big alliance and he has no one. Whoops!

The Bloop posted:

It's still his fault even if for violating peer pressure norms in a social voting game
^^^Seems like how Survivor usually works! And now he's trying to make his boot seem exceptional and shame her, which I don't like at all. He could have told the "real story" without scandalizing it pretty easily I feel like, just frame it as, "Oh, I made a dumb comment and she was sensitive about this, and I got shown the door for it." Instead of coming out and being like, "Can I read a statement," and then centering "She was MARRIED! She had a NEW HUSBAND!" and painting her like a vindictive whore or something.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 12, 2018

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fast Luck posted:

And now he's trying to make his boot seem exceptional and shame her, which I don't like at all. He could have told the "real story" without scandalizing it pretty easily I feel like, just frame it as, "Oh, I made a dumb comment and she was sensitive about this, and I got shown the door for it." Instead of centering, "She was MARRIED! She had a HUSBAND!" and painting her like a vindictive whore or something.
:agreed: he seems like an obnoxious jerk right now

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Not usually one to follow big social media blowups, but apparently now he's taken to... body-shaming Daniel and Natalie?

So I think we can chalk this one up to salt, shake our heads, and put him out of our memory as much as possible.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Given that Jeremy is now starting petty, nasty arguments in the Instagram comments of his former tribe mates, going so far as to mock Dan and Natalie's weight, I think it's pretty safe to say he's just an actual piece of poo poo and nothing he says should be taken as fact.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Angelina posted a few times on reddit saying 1) her and John were just friends and 2) she did tell Jeremy to stop calling them a showmance and it did make her want to vote for him more. So yeah sounds like he just was sabotaging himself and creating an enemy like an rear end, and that saying a married woman is in a "showmance" might bother her.

Everyone is probably elated they voted this guy off. I liked him before learning all this bullshit too!

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Oct 12, 2018

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
He looks like he just couldn't shut the hell up for ten seconds and was all wound up in paranoia and excitement. Probably just one of those people that lives his life always cranked to 11.

Just shut the hell up, idiot

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Doesn't Jeremy have a friend who can tell him to stop

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pinterest Mom posted:

Doesn't Jeremy have a friend who can tell him to stop

It probably goes about as well as when he tried to tell the same to Natalie

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I’m really enjoying this season of Freaks V Geeks so far. I have no clue how long reality tv l take to edit but the optimist in me thinks that the editors took note of the feedback from last season about how uneven airtime was for the contestants. It’s still very early but I feel that most of this cast is regularly getting confessionals.

Also I just finished the last season of Oz Survivor. It didn’t reach the lofty heights of the 2017 season but it was still pretty great.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dugong posted:

I’m really enjoying this season of Freaks V Geeks so far. I have no clue how long reality tv l take to edit but the optimist in me thinks that the editors took note of the feedback from last season about how uneven airtime was for the contestants. It’s still very early but I feel that most of this cast is regularly getting confessionals.

Also I just finished the last season of Oz Survivor. It didn’t reach the lofty heights of the 2017 season but it was still pretty great.

It always seems that way, but then someone gets a confessional after merge and we're like, "Where did that person come from?"

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It always seems that way, but then someone gets a confessional after merge and we're like, "Where did that person come from?"

Not necessarily. People were already asking "where's Chelsea?" at this point last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Early on I thought Bi was getting the boot because she was getting confessionals out of nowhere. I'm on board with the medivac-before-swap theory.

Seeing Jeremy be lovely on instagram has convinced me to take what he said with a grain of salt. It's a bit much.