Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad

Fhqwhgads posted:

In a bit of lucky timing, I had a bunch of a high-ER high-Growth Mutual Fund kicking around for a few months and made like 30% on it YTD, and last month sold off most of it to pay some bills. After the selloff the thing cratered to -5% YTD. I'm Warren loving Buffett over here.

What fund is this and is it 50% in Tesla or something?

hostile apostle fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Oct 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
PEGI is bizarrely volaitile for what it is

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ACB having a good day

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Nice meltup

fougera
Apr 5, 2009

Value showing some life.

Doubled down on MIK; 15% FCF yield.

CTL getting interesting; interim CFO sounds pretty legit.

Also thinking of doubling down on ADT; stock lost support but these amazon fears are dumb.

fougera fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Oct 12, 2018

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
fig. A:

fig. B:

fig. C:

-fin-

The invisible hand of the free market has spoken: Sears loving sucks.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

fig. A:

fig. B:

fig. C:

-fin-

The invisible hand of the free market has spoken: Sears loving sucks.

Remember the justification used during the financial crisis not to cap bonuses to upper management because otherwise you wouldn't get the best or brightest in management positions?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Yeah that loving justification is really loving dumb. Upper management pay in the US corporate world is the top anywhere. If they don't get paid where are they going to go, marry into the Saudi Royal family?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Goodpancakes posted:

Yeah that loving justification is really loving dumb. Upper management pay in the US corporate world is the top anywhere. If they don't get paid where are they going to go, marry into the Saudi Royal family?

New Zealand, hopefully

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I’ve been to New Zealand twice, it owns. If I was a billionaire I’d love to get a pad there.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I don’t think you can own property there unless you’re a citizen

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

A MIRACLE posted:

I don’t think you can own property there unless you’re a citizen

I'm assuming businesses established in NZ are able to own property though. Most billionaires aren't going to own things themselves, but through holding companies.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Billionaires were buying up housing and building bunkers in NZ so the government recently took action to restrict house purchases to citizens

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Looks like the Saudis are getting in on the trade war rhetoric over this journalist killing & possible sanctions, Trump talking about a new 3rd round of Chinese tariffs, no deal Brexit now looking likely. Could be a wild week!

And that tether cryptocoin that underpins every other coin for some stupid loving reason appears to be unraveling. :shlick:

fougera
Apr 5, 2009
Long us upstream oil. Whole sector already beaten up. New capacity investments coming in 2019.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Rastor posted:

Billionaires were buying up housing and building bunkers in NZ so the government recently took action to restrict house purchases to citizens

We don't want a bunch of crazy billionaires here you can keep them instead. We've had enough issues with wealthy people moving here, loving people around and then refusing to pay any bills. In one case a multimillionaire ended up being forced to sell his property as he had breached the rather relaxed conditions at the time.

Back to watching all the crazy moves going on in the market.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Devian666 posted:

We don't want a bunch of crazy billionaires here you can keep them instead. We've had enough issues with wealthy people moving here, loving people around and then refusing to pay any bills. In one case a multimillionaire ended up being forced to sell his property as he had breached the rather relaxed conditions at the time.

Back to watching all the crazy moves going on in the market.

You don’t become a billionaire by paying your bills

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Pryor on Fire posted:

And that tether cryptocoin that underpins every other coin for some stupid loving reason appears to be unraveling. :shlick:

The reason is that somebody was finally smart and unscrupulous enough to look at all the other bitcoiners' arguments that "the fed is eeeevil and they just make money out of thin air maaan it's backed by nothing!" and said "Wow! That could be me!"

The entire history of bitcoin is the last 1500 years of monetary science being rediscovered in fast forward and it never stops being hilarious

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

cowofwar posted:

You don’t become a billionaire by paying your bills

Except that New Zealand is still small enough that if you don't central government can get involved and tell them not to come back.

It the mean time how long until all bond prices take a hammering?

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
Selling a block of TLRY Jan 2019 75 calls

Something Offal
Jan 12, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Going to be a flat day huh?

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

Kal Torak posted:

For those waiting on an entry for SQ, here's your chance. Down 10% during the day and then another 11% after hours as CFO exits.

Beyond that whoa this stock has really dived beyond its high. I haven't been following this at all. What's the deal here?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

ACB finally gaining some momentum hopefully there isn't a sell of at legalization day.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Ulio posted:

ACB finally gaining some momentum hopefully there isn't a sell of at legalization day.
:2bong:

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I cashed out on like 15% of my ACB shares, the shares I had bought when it was like $6. Holding long the rest.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Weed legalization day / weeks could be the best example of "sell the news" ever if it's as insanely hype bubbled as many people think.

Personally I don't got the stones to bet either way though.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

im going to set some stop losses :shrug:

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Ulio posted:

I cashed out on like 15% of my ACB shares, the shares I had bought when it was like $6. Holding long the rest.

Do you mind if I ask what your timeframe is? Are you like 5 - 10 years long??

Also anyone looked at the history on a couple of the publicly traded companies when Colorado went legal? I can't remember the tickers but a couple of them went crazy, up to like 950usd or some poo poo before dropping back down to like 3. I'm trying to hold long as well but it'll hard not to attempt to swing trade it if something like that happens

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
Everything to do with weed looks insane, the real wildcard is the fact that constellation dropped 4bil on canopy. That's a real head scratcher. My guess is theres about 3.8bil of goodwill writedown a few years from now.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Do you mind if I ask what your timeframe is? Are you like 5 - 10 years long??

Also anyone looked at the history on a couple of the publicly traded companies when Colorado went legal? I can't remember the tickers but a couple of them went crazy, up to like 950usd or some poo poo before dropping back down to like 3. I'm trying to hold long as well but it'll hard not to attempt to swing trade it if something like that happens

No I am not that long because I think this bull market is at it's last run. I do think weed could be even more profitable and bigger in 5-10 years when other states start legalizing. I am not sure what are the states left that consume a lot of marijuana though so maybe legalization won't increase the marketplace by much. I am not knowledge about which states have legalized pot for recreational or medical.

I don't have a specific timeframe. I am just gonna hold as along as the overall market is strong I think weed will keep going up. Especially with a lot of Constellation Brands competitors looking to get a piece of the CBD pie, this has led to even more speculation into the price. Also depends how ACB moves if it moves like Tilray I will just get out my position quickly. If it is moving more slowly and based on news like CGC I will probably hold longer.

spencer for hire
Jan 27, 2006

we just want to dance here, someone stole the stage
they call us irresponsible, write us off the page

greasyhands posted:

Selling a block of TLRY Jan 2019 75 calls

Just curious but why 75? I was thinking 110 looked like a good position myself

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

Ulio posted:

No I am not that long because I think this bull market is at it's last run. I do think weed could be even more profitable and bigger in 5-10 years when other states start legalizing. I am not sure what are the states left that consume a lot of marijuana though so maybe legalization won't increase the marketplace by much. I am not knowledge about which states have legalized pot for recreational or medical.

I don't have a specific timeframe. I am just gonna hold as along as the overall market is strong I think weed will keep going up. Especially with a lot of Constellation Brands competitors looking to get a piece of the CBD pie, this has led to even more speculation into the price. Also depends how ACB moves if it moves like Tilray I will just get out my position quickly. If it is moving more slowly and based on news like CGC I will probably hold longer.

Heh, I see that your definition of Long is similar to mine: "A few more months, before the whole thing derails and I have to rush to the exit."

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered

spencer for hire posted:

Just curious but why 75? I was thinking 110 looked like a good position myself

Just deep itm, no real reason

edit: bought back into CTL, sold another TLRY call this AM. Also gonna go ahead and start the PBI position I've been thinking about forever.

greasyhands fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 16, 2018

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

greasyhands posted:

Everything to do with weed looks insane, the real wildcard is the fact that constellation dropped 4bil on canopy. That's a real head scratcher. My guess is theres about 3.8bil of goodwill writedown a few years from now.

The only investment I have in "weed stocks" is buying PM while its down, assuming that they'll buy up whatever weed startups survive.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
NFLX surging :pray: answered

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Risky Bisquick posted:

NFLX surging :pray: answered

Are they not hemmoraging cash anymore?

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

Oscar Wild posted:

Are they not hemmoraging cash anymore?

Shattered new user sign ups again.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

Im gonna attribute the bump to the fact that Dune is on Netflix now.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Femtosecond posted:

Im gonna attribute the bump to the fact that Dune is on Netflix now.

I'm gonna attribute it to the fact that my friends friends friend Alex changed their password.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad
Weed stocks taking a beating today (-10% for many) with Canada legalization going through.