Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i don't think giorno was stricken by that stand illness, period. possibly because he already had a stand at birth unlike the rest of the joestar line affected by it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Wait, Giornio is 15? That makes how horny this episode was WAY MORE UNCOMFORTABLE.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola
in the streets
Everytime I close my eyes
I wake up feelin' so horny
in the sheets

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
bruno is 20

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think araki just kind of throws a dart at a board to determine ages of characters sometimes

bruno is supposed to be 20 iirc

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i lol'd at the 13 yo who looked older than giorno

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Expect My Mom posted:

That's the drugs.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Expect My Mom posted:

The consequences of drug abuse.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

reminder that jotaro looked like more of an adult when he was a high schooler than when he was helping out his uncle in moiroh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Reminder that Araki himself is an ageless vampire.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Expect My Mom posted:

He looked like a thirty year old man lol

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Giorno is just a big boy for his age, it's the Joestar blood in him.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
My loving god. Thank you DavidPro

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I completely forgot most of Giorno's backstory except "his mom is Japanese because of course".

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Davidpro, show me the best still of the episode

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Either it's been way longer than I thought since I've read Part 5 or I never actually read the beginning with the good translation because i'm getting a way better impression of Giorno than I did from the beginning of my manga read. I've always liked my crime boy but now I like him a good bit more after 2 episodes.

I think it's sinking in that the latter parts of Part 5 are what really stick in my mind so i'm really excited to see these first few arcs adapted and find out what i've forgotten or just outright missed.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Not too much was changed for the anime, aside from the backstory being a bit extended and the scene of him stealing those two women's money.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I feel bad because I don't really like the ed at all tbh.

I saw a version uploaded to youtube with gangsta's paradise overlaid but imo that doesn't fit too well either. If they had to pick a coolio song, I think fantastic voyage would be a better pick.

But regardless, eh. The op was cool though

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I'm so glad the horrible translation back in the day made me not read parts 4 or 5 because everything is so crazy and a surprise. I still doubt that anything can top Battle Tendency for me but I'm liking this more than part 4 so far.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BUnNfDCVWk

Giorno, to the mafia.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Either it's been way longer than I thought since I've read Part 5 or I never actually read the beginning with the good translation because i'm getting a way better impression of Giorno than I did from the beginning of my manga read. I've always liked my crime boy but now I like him a good bit more after 2 episodes.

I think it's sinking in that the latter parts of Part 5 are what really stick in my mind so i'm really excited to see these first few arcs adapted and find out what i've forgotten or just outright missed.

same here

i think it also helps that recently getting into the yakuza games has got me more primed for 'honorable gangsters who wanna beat up the lovely gangsters' stories than i was back in 2012 or whenever i first read part 5

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I'm so glad the horrible translation back in the day made me not read parts 4 or 5 because everything is so crazy and a surprise. I still doubt that anything can top Battle Tendency for me but I'm liking this more than part 4 so far.

its gonna get Real Weird.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

the loving animation on the closeup of Bruno's face as he got slo-mo punched was the most amazing thing i have ever seen.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

JoJo rules so hard, this ruled so hard. OP and ED are fuckin' inspired.

Also, the sound design is amazing. I love the sound effect that plays when stuff hit by Gold Experienceen Wind's power reverts to its original form.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
OH MY GOD THE ED

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

BaDandy posted:

The consequences of drug abuse.

I'm looking forward to part 5 being an 80's style anti-drug PSA.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Don't worry. Unless you're a manga-reader, there's no way you could ever correctly estimate how homoerotic this will get.

No, it's more than that.

I was thinking of this post when I saw this:

And I thought "well here we go".

Also who loving called that they will translate it to Zipper Man, this was bugging me the whole episode.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - Every time It's Jojo's Friday, I wake up feeling so horny.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kikas posted:

Also who loving called that they will translate it to Zipper Man, this was bugging me the whole episode.

It's not really a call, because it was translated that way in All-Star Battle and Eyes of Heaven.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Fat and Useless posted:

gently caress

If the ending is anywhere on par with this I might die.
Still alive?

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Grouchio posted:

Still alive?

No, I'm dead. Is it next Friday yet?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the ED i can't stop laguhing ahahaha

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

giorno's backstory was really good

having no memory of the manga i was a bit bummed when the suspicious fly was bruno's tooth instead of bruno hiding in a fly. woulda been so cool

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Extremely good

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Hahaha, I just rewatched the first episode. In the scene where Giorno helps the 2 tourists, one of them falls into him and splashes some of her ice cream on him.

This quicky brushed off and noone cares a few seconds after. But in the second episode, after he rips off his loving zipper arm to hit Bruno he gets a bloodstain in the exact same place as the ice cream splash was. If this is the kind of hints they want to drop I am gonna be watching very carefully whenever there's food.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Kikas posted:

I was thinking of this post when I saw this:

And I thought "well here we go".

this isn't even gay, it's self love

now if he was doing it to sticky fingers

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Fender Anarchist posted:

the loving animation on the closeup of Bruno's face as he got slo-mo punched was the most amazing thing i have ever seen.
sakuga blog had some thoughts on that,
https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1050839388840763399

the software they use is pretty basic, so it's interesting that a professional studio is using it (the way bruno's face morphs looks pretty artificial)

also the OP is extremely similar to the original PV
https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1050842010834399232

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Darko posted:

Two members of Jodeci (Freek'N You song) are better known as the group that became...K-Ci and JoJo

I loving love K-Ci and JoJo. I loving love this OP and ED.

This is a gruet-o day.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Fantastic OP, I love me some OPs that can also double as Eurovision entries.

I had been spoiled on name of the ED, but when it happened as I watched it I loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
So my theory on "Why Dio have sex?" was to make his own Jojo with Jonathan's dick so that he could suck their blood and become super-saiyan Dio or whatever it was when he consumed Joseph's blood. Then he realized eating Joseph was quicker and easier than waiting 9 months.