Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Why settle for just one plane?

Behold, the Aviamatka, a converted TB-3 Soviet heavy bomber carrying an entire squadron:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

You severely overestimate the Air Force.

More like they underestimated the air force :smithcloud:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Vasudus posted:

given the standard policy to build on useless land that's probably going to be 'almost all of them'

INFRASTRUCTURE WEEK

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1050901081537073155?s=21
😦

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 13, 2018

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I prefer generals who don’t lose.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Build a plane out of other planes. All their lift will add up and it will fly like an airship

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Why is Ohio the right venue for those comments? home of Grant and Sherman.....

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

The president supporting traitors :thunk:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1050900288826044416

Gonna see First Man Sunday, hope this is true

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Flikken posted:

On the other hand if this gets zombie Sherman out of the grave it will have all been worth it

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Flikken posted:

Somewhere, Zombie Sherman rumbles in his coffin, mutters "It's Time...." and strikes a match and lights a torch.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

On the other hand if this gets zombie Sherman out of the grave it will have all been worth it

He's talking about Lee being a great general in loving Ohio, I'm offended on a level I can't describe.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/tlrd/status/1050818717913948160

lol

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I would say, Ohio is the one Trumpy state whose residents haven't forgotten which side they fought on (the winning side). Unfortunately, I know a lot of Wear Virginians and Pennsylvanians who have.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Somewhere, Zombie Sherman rumbles in his coffin, mutters "It's Time...." and strikes a match and lights a torch.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Lol, dude is in Narnia.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Flikken posted:

Within 50 miles of both, actually.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

:hmmyes:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Tell them that when they're lynching you Lindsey.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

CommieGIR posted:

:flashfap:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
https://twitter.com/theseantcollins/status/1050837519187804160

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The DoD will probably take a really long look at bases likely to be wiped off the Earth from natural disasters and get vital equipment away from those.

They can only do so obliquely. Republicans have repeatedly blocked the military from planning for climate change, for example Newport News has only been able to do "flood mitigation studies" that don't take into account sea level rise and so on.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

C.M. Kruger posted:

They can only do so obliquely. Republicans have repeatedly blocked the military from planning for climate change, for example Newport News has only been able to do "flood mitigation studies" that don't take into account sea level rise and so on.

Theyll do it under terrorism concerns

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Theyll do it under terrorism concerns

To steal a weak joke I made earlier, we need to convince someone that Cobra Commander's weather dominator is a credible threat.

There are already some loonies that think we can control weather like that, maybe some of them are in congress.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

I'm pretty sure there's nothing in there that's factually correct beyond "Lee was a great general."

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

My mother says she refuses to see this because they're not showing the flag being planted.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
If they show the flag being planted they drat well better show it get blown away by the ascent stage of the LM

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

My mother says she refuses to see this because they're not showing the flag being planted.

Nah it didnt show it getting planted

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

McNally posted:

I'm pretty sure there's nothing in there that's factually correct beyond "Lee was a great general."

Wasn't Grant the alcoholic? seems like he maybe was supposed to be talking about Grant and hosed up because he's a dipshit softbrain

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

If they show the flag being planted they drat well better show it get blown away by the ascent stage of the LM

You loving know they won’t.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Grant was the one that had a drinking problem between the Mexican American war and the Civil War. Not very good at the whole being a civilian thing but turned out he was really good at kicking the poo poo out of Southerners.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Ohio lurker checking in:

Grant and Sherman are from here. Ohio sent the most troops to fight for the union. Our capitol's hockey team changed it's branding to a goddamn union soldier. Get that general Lee poo poo the gently caress outta here.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I still trip out that Sherman's job at the outbreak of the war was being president of LSU. Fun fact, all the cannons facing fort sumter in Charleston's battery park are reproductions because our lord and savior William T gifted the originals to Baton Rouge

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Wasn't Grant the alcoholic? seems like he maybe was supposed to be talking about Grant and hosed up because he's a dipshit softbrain

Yeah it's Grant, but the only real source for it was one person who didn't like him, so it's actually pretty debatable that even Grant was a heavy drinker. There are a lot of times described in letters and other documents where Grant getting sauced would probably be described, but it never really shows up. (edit: during the war at least...I don't know much about prewar)

Lee was very much into temperance by the time of the Civil War. He was a drinker as a young man, though.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

grant was a heavy drinker

but he only drank the blood of his enemies

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

From what I remember both Grant and Sherman didn't have the best reputations at West Point and also hated being there, so it's interesting that two officers that initially decided to get out of the Army ended up joining back up for the Civil War and became instrumental in the defeat of the Confederacy.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mustang posted:

From what I remember both Grant and Sherman didn't have the best reputations at West Point and also hated being there, so it's interesting that two officers that initially decided to get out of the Army ended up joining back up for the Civil War and became instrumental in the defeat of the Confederacy.

Makes sense, West Point was full of Southern scum.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Still is. Scratch a west pointer, find a Trump cultist.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
https://www.vox.com/2018/10/11/17963380/family-separation-news-still-children

Basically we're still separating families at the border, it just isn't being reported or recorded because all those Mexican rapists are lying and they're not really families because lying is just what those kinds of people do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
There have been satellite photos of child detention camps posted tripping in size. poo poo has not stopped not even a little bit.

• Locked thread