Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

The game in question is Dragon Quest 11

https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonquestxi/mods/31

NSFW so caution when clicking
[/quote]

This just convinced me of the merits of sex negativity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I'll give the guy credit for thinking his argument through. Perhaps way too much, but thinking it through nonetheless.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Backhand posted:

I'll give the guy credit for thinking his argument through. Perhaps way too much, but thinking it through nonetheless.

I dunno. I think I have more respect for the modders who straight up say "I want to put female characters in skimpy/nonexistent outfits because it makes me horny" than those who try to rationalize it as being about anything but giving them a boner. I say if you want that stuff then go right ahead, just don't pretend you're somehow being noble or lore accurate or whatever when you do it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I made a sexy mod not because I like to jack it to sexy things, but because wearing a thin strip of cloth over her vulva makes her more assertive. Please don't laugh at me.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Fister Roboto posted:

I made a sexy mod not because I like to jack it to sexy things, but because wearing a thin strip of cloth over her vulva makes her more assertive. Please don't laugh at me.

there's an entire meetup of young women near my home that would argue exactly that actually

just so we're clear, the argument does not sound any less ridiculous coming from women and every time i run into them talking about the latest meetup at the grocery store nearby the "its time to stop" video plays through my head

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 12, 2018

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm just disappointed by the lack of creativity with so many skimpy mods. It's all "what if thong but only 10% frontal coverage at the extreme bottom of the fabric" king of laziness. Just make a nude mod you weirdos, or get creative with your skimpy mods

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Coolguye posted:

just so we're clear, the argument does not sound any less ridiculous coming from women

It does, actually.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cythereal posted:

I dunno. I think I have more respect for the modders who straight up say "I want to put female characters in skimpy/nonexistent outfits because it makes me horny" than those who try to rationalize it as being about anything but giving them a boner. I say if you want that stuff then go right ahead, just don't pretend you're somehow being noble or lore accurate or whatever when you do it.

Same, it's just as eye-rolling as 'Look, there's a very important lore-centric reason why Eleanor's armor has nipple tassels, a cleavage view and is yet somehow less covering than a hula hoop. See, it's to ~distract her enemies~ despite it having no effect on the gameplay in the slightest in that manner'

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
In my opinion, if you are going to have a skimpy armor mod, don't make it replace the model of every armor in the game. Have it be somthing the player themselves have to make seperately, that way at least its a product of the player's actions and not an entire world that apparently wants to be stabbed in the stomach.

Tombot fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 12, 2018

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Fister Roboto posted:

It does, actually.

Nice avatar/post combo.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Or if you make a skimpy armour mod, make it so everyone who wears clothes is wearing a skimpy outfit. More modders should take design notes from Age of Barbarian and Frank Frazetta's stuff, basically.

EDIT: Skimpy clothes modders, I mean.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

CommissarMega posted:

Or if you make a skimpy armour mod, make it so everyone who wears clothes is wearing a skimpy outfit. More modders should take design notes from Age of Barbarian and Frank Frazetta's stuff, basically. Skimpy clothes modders, I mean.
LOOK AT THE MUSCULARITY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx8sl2uC46A&t=317s

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

CommissarMega posted:

Or if you make a skimpy armour mod, make it so everyone who wears clothes is wearing a skimpy outfit. More modders should take design notes from Age of Barbarian and Frank Frazetta's stuff, basically.

Definitely install your skimpy clothes mods with a mod to make everyone geriatric.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Fister Roboto posted:

It does, actually.

Consider that guy merely an acolyte of their wisdom, then

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fister Roboto posted:

The description on this thing is magical;

quote:

This mod is a Bunny Outfit replacement for Jade, providing a skimpier and much more assertive appearance. I personally thoroughly disliked the default version of the Bunny Outfit, to me it was hardly anything more than an uninspired cliché that was completely devoid of any fighting-spirit. My replacement offers a 'Bunnywoman' look (ie. reminiscent of Catwoman's overall assertiveness), for those who'd prefer having a wild (and obviously sexy) animal fighting among their party rather than a silly pin-up model that's considered trite since at least the late 50s.

And to those who complain that these revealing mods 'objectify' women, please understand that the default outfit was infinitely more objectifying than this mod actually is. The default version represents exactly what a bunch of unimaginative males typically come up with and impose when they wish to add a pretty little thing to the decor. The outfit offered in this mod is a lot more evocative of what a sexually assertive woman would wear of her own volition (and yes, those women actually really exist).

Ah, yes, Catwoman. Someone known for wearing a full-body black catsuit and with minimal bare skin so she can sneak around in darkness :hmmyes:.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I'm going to make a skimpy armor set that secretly replaces every male clothing model with a pair of speedos

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Simsmagic posted:

I'm going to make a skimpy armor set that secretly replaces every male clothing model with a pair of speedos

Too obvious, people'll catch on right away. Have it be a rare spawn, make it so every one in two hundred versions of any given armour is replaced with a special speedo version, or even better, make it not activate until at least 10 hours of game time since the install, and then from there increase the spawn rate until it's 100%.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Too obvious, people'll catch on right away. Have it be a rare spawn, make it so every one in two hundred versions of any given armour is replaced with a special speedo version, or even better, make it not activate until at least 10 hours of game time since the install, and then from there increase the spawn rate until it's 100%.

What you need to do is a set of highly-detailed armor sets that are backless/assless. And only show the models from the front in photos.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The description on that guy's other mod is similarly.. uhh..

quote:

Jade is at her very core a seductive woman who loves fighting with finesse... and what screams 'seductive' and 'finesse' more than sexy see-through lace?

This mod adds see-through bits to Jade's basic outfit, with a simple Lotus theme to match the elegance provided by the new black lace parts. And yes, this means that both her nipples and pussy are perceptible under the right source of light (Jade sports a sexy landing-strip, in case some of you were still wondering). A subtle face retexture is also included, which grants our favorite seductress an alluring beauty spot as well as slightly more pronounced purple-ish lipstick.

These retextures were first intended for personal use. My goal was to make Jade's outfit as provocative as possible without breaking immersion nor her overall character all that substantially. I'm quite satisfied with the results: while playing in-game, depending on the scene/lighting, her private parts can be either fully or barely visible (which required a lot of trial and error, but I finally achieved what I had in mind). The age-old dilemma now takes a completely new twist: Jade is either half-clothed or half-naked, depending on the situation and how you prefer to look at it for each scene that Dragon Quest XI unfolds before you.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Too obvious, people'll catch on right away.

Not if you make a description like mr. assertive bunny suits. Just bury what the mod is beneath rambling garbage. Oh, and all the preview pics will show scantily clad ladies in the foreground, with the speedo dudes just kinda wandering around in the back.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

This already seems to happen pretty often by accident, as I've read mod users complaining about the wrong kinds of NPCs doing "sexy animations" more than once

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

kirbysuperstar posted:

The description on that guy's other mod is similarly.. uhh..

quote:

Jade is either half-clothed or half-naked, depending on the situation and how you prefer to look at it for each scene that Dragon Quest XI unfolds before you.
is this a glass half empty sort of thing

Orv
May 4, 2011
Glass half naked is something else entirely.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Coolguye posted:

is this a glass half empty sort of thing

More of a "mod author fully erect" sort of thing.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Glass half full of spunk.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm just disappointed by the lack of creativity with so many skimpy mods. It's all "what if thong but only 10% frontal coverage at the extreme bottom of the fabric" king of laziness. Just make a nude mod you weirdos, or get creative with your skimpy mods

I think the gold-standard (well, maybe not gold; maybe another kind of metal like bronze or pewter) for skimpy armor mods was the Dragon Bone Bikini mod for Skyrim. The notion that, in-universe, someone would slay this mythical, long-forgotten beast, take its bones, and craft them into exotic swimwear is such a goofy concept that I can't help but love it.

If only Skyrim were a better game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Max Wilco posted:

I think the gold-standard (well, maybe not gold; maybe another kind of metal like bronze or pewter) for skimpy armor mods was the Dragon Bone Bikini mod for Skyrim. The notion that, in-universe, someone would slay this mythical, long-forgotten beast, take its bones, and craft them into exotic swimwear is such a goofy concept that I can't help but love it.

On a perpetually-frozen mountain range, well away from anywhere you'd want to consider going for a swim :allears:.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Neddy Seagoon posted:

On a perpetually-frozen mountain range, well away from anywhere you'd want to consider going for a swim :allears:.

"Yeah, see this poo poo? This was YOUR FRIEND! I turned his bones into a goddamn bikini! Hell yes it's cold, but it's WORTH IT, because gently caress YOU."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well, you don't have to put it on the second you make it.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What, do you have Frostfall installed or something? 'Cause otherwise the Dragonborn will happily stroll around Skyrim stark naked.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

there's a couple of animal piss and poo poo soup beautiful hot springs to hang out in

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

RareAcumen posted:

Well, you don't have to put it on the second you make it.

...why wouldn't you?

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Dragon souls would probably be warm. It's the ultimate insult, use their bones to make impractical swimwear and their souls to stay warm while you wear it.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Max Wilco posted:

If only Skyrim were a better game.

Well when women fight they need to wear something like that so they have full range of movement. Men are alright in full plate armour. Women though need a barely there thong and nipple pastie for that 306° full contact combat action.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Dire Lemming posted:

Dragon souls would probably be warm. It's the ultimate insult, use their bones to make impractical swimwear and their souls to stay warm while you wear it.

Fus Roh :boom:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

bessantj posted:

Well when women fight they need to wear something like that so they have full range of movement. Men are alright in full plate armour. Women though need a barely there thong and nipple pastie for that 306° full contact combat action.

But look at how great Conan and He-Man are at fighting.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't actually have a Nexus account so I have no idea what it looked like, how bad was the DQ11 mod, like, Sexy Fallout 4 Deathclaw girl or worse?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

RareAcumen posted:

I don't actually have a Nexus account so I have no idea what it looked like, how bad was the DQ11 mod, like, Sexy Fallout 4 Deathclaw girl or worse?

Relatively tame by modder standards. I've rehosted the comparison image to imgur.

https://i.imgur.com/BiGPBtv.jpg

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

The MSJ posted:

But look at how great Conan and He-Man are at fighting.

Well men can fight clothed or nude, women must be very nearly nude to be effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

ulmont posted:

Relatively tame by modder standards. I've rehosted the comparison image to imgur.

https://i.imgur.com/BiGPBtv.jpg

That's what is so amusing about those mods to me. There's so, so much worse out there that both of the guy's mods barely register on the scale, but then he goes and writes a novel about why it makes absolutely perfect sense to add in a bit of nudity with these outfits. Like c'mon on dude, just own up to it.