Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
If you want something you could put on scrolly paper above a shield, you could try "Incredibly drunk, incredibly ignorant" which translated to INCREDIBILIS BIBISSET ADMODUM INDOCTUS

You could replace the U's with V's for uerisimilitvde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Furiously Drunk, Fearlessly Ignorant

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

pseudorandom name posted:

Furiously Drunk, Fearlessly Ignorant

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ok, something that translates would seem to be "Furore ebrius, intrepide indoctus" but I have no idea how Latin tenses work so I'm sure I've ballsed something up.

If you wanted it in another heraldic language, French would work out to "Furieusement ivre, ignorant sans peur" which kind of looks "right" to me. My French, while barely adequate to decode the back of a Canadian cereal box, is infinitely better than my zero latin

Phy fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Oct 11, 2018

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I mean, I think comparing it to tying up a rampaging elephant with silk is going too far. Applying a mask and a name to an unbound demon is the procedure for binding it; there are just usually safeguards.

It's more like tying up a rampaging elephant by running up to it with... elephant-binding equipment... and attaching it to the elephant while it's rampaging. It's not really not how this is done so much as just fantastically ill-advised.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

She lassoed that elephant and wrestled it to the loving ground. Then called it Princess Mamoru.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Phy posted:

Ok, something that translates would seem to be "Furore ebrius, intrepide indoctus" but I have no idea how Latin tenses work so I'm sure I've ballsed something up.

If you wanted it in another heraldic language, French would work out to "Furieusement ivre, ignorant sans peur" which kind of looks "right" to me. My French, while barely adequate to decode the back of a Canadian cereal box, is infinitely better than my zero latin

Would work better as Furie dans l'ivresse, hardiesse dans l'ignorance I think ("Fury in drunkenness, boldness in ignorance").

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, how many people have actually tried that?

given what we've seen of Throne culture? plenty

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Allison grew up never learning what the rules truly were and as such has a great leap on the road to royalty.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cat Mattress posted:

Would work better as Furie dans l'ivresse, hardiesse dans l'ignorance I think ("Fury in drunkenness, boldness in ignorance").

That does sound appropriately heraldic

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Cat Mattress posted:

That sounds more like you’re an idiot and a mean drunk.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Royalty, yes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

That sounds more like you’re an idiot and a mean drunk.
Aesma, then.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Tenebrais posted:

She lassoed that elephant and wrestled it to the loving ground. Then called it Princess Mamoru Moonshine Jagermeister Jack Jack Daniels Timothy Tim Bill Freddy Mercury Blueberry Luna, Esquire

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I think it's good to remember that Aesma may have achieved incredible cosmic feats through being a furious idiot, but she was still a furious idiot who got her face boiled off.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

The Lone Badger posted:

"I'm drunk as hell and have no idea what I'm doing!" would make a good motto for a noble house.
Anyone want to translate it into latin so Allison can have heraldry?

Ut īnfernō inēbriāvī, et nihil nostrum factōrum scio.

"Unto Hell am I drunk, and of my deeds I know nothing."

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 11, 2018

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

wiegieman posted:

I think it's good to remember that Aesma may have achieved incredible cosmic feats through being a furious idiot, but she was still a furious idiot who got her face boiled off.

Allison got her face lacerated by claws and her body pierced by vines, and based on the hidden preview picture we know she's going to lose an eye at some point.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Ut īnfernō inēbriāvī, et nihil nostrum factōrum scio.

"Unto Hell am I drunk, and of my deeds I know nothing."

Well done.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Cat Mattress posted:

Allison got her face lacerated by claws and her body pierced by vines, and based on the hidden preview picture we know she's going to lose an eye at some point.

:confused:

E: VVVVV !!

Beepity Boop fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 12, 2018

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/who.jpg

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I just noticed, it also looks like she's missing her left ear.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

where did that come from?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

It was buried in the background of this page. You can find it by highlighting everything.

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

It was buried in the background of this page. You can find it by highlighting everything.

Paged forward a few. Allison should visit her old roommates again.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
I'm planning on getting the trades and is there a way to ensure I get the newer larger 2nd printing of the first book? Or did my mind just make "they reprinted the first book to be larger and match the 2nd one" up?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

The Lone Badger posted:

"I'm drunk as hell and have no idea what I'm doing!" would make a good motto for a noble house.

:agreed:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

quote:

An order of warrior monks runs the only power plant, which works mostly on manpower - the dead of the monastery (and those donated to the monastery) work ceaselessly to drive enormous divine mechanisms day and night. The monastery is a monolithic underground structure many stories deep, ancient and sprawling. There’s some thermal and hydroelectric power that’s been added, but most of it comes from skeletons.

Orders of warrior monks, is there anything they can't do. :allears:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Hmm...

I hope she doesn't stop being a nice person.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

MikeJF posted:

Orders of warrior monks, is there anything they can't do. :allears:

I thought of something, but the Anointed Brotherhood of the Cinnamon Swirl has it covered

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

CMS posted:

Paged forward a few. Allison should visit her old roommates again.

I'm sure she's a missing persons report at this point. She's a young white lady so maybe Nancy Grace got ahold of it! Would keep with the whole "demons" theme.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder if she's mastered teleporting yet

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

I'm planning on getting the trades and is there a way to ensure I get the newer larger 2nd printing of the first book? Or did my mind just make "they reprinted the first book to be larger and match the 2nd one" up?

No you're right, but no idea how to ensure getting the larger size of the first one.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

There Bias Two posted:

Hmm...

I hope she doesn't stop being a nice person.

You can be a good person without being a nice person.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

A.o.D. posted:

You can be a good person without being a nice person.

You can be a nice person without being a good person.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the poo poo latin pains me, endlessly

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the poo poo latin pains me, endlessly

You forgot the number in front of that angelic name

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Welp. I guess it's time for a good punch up.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
That establishment Alison just entered is filthy but it has a nice 80s vibe with the jackets.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Link for the lazy.

It's about to get rowdy

Edit: ...is that Magister Usagi branded alcohol above the exit sign?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I like the shrine to Aesma.